New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

I know Roper.....been trying not to curse them for the last 4 years, but today....I just couldn't handle it any more. I lodged the application on line (Brisbane), and if you ring them asking for clarification, they keep telling you that the applications are processed in date order........:mad:. Well what could we do......except wait and wait and wait......

The COs merely process the case files they're assigned to and have nothing to do with the process of allocation. If you check the older posts, you'd see that there have been several instances where the allocation was not in the order of the date of lodgement. Like you said all you can do is just wait. After all, granting PR is entirely Australian government's prerogative. They can stop the whole thing tomorrow if they wish and there is very little the applicants can do about it. So it's better to just stay positive and not get overly upset by things that are beyond your control (it's easier said than done I know).

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand your frustration mate but cursing DIAC serves no purpose at all. The COs can only work with whatever files that come into their in trays (or the electronic equivalent of it). Perhaps your application was paper lodged while the person you speak of applied online. If that's the case, it shouldn't be a surprise that the other person was allocated ahead of you.

Meaning there is a long wait then thanks mate if you have some information just let us know because. I think all 885 need some good news and keep hope

I wander where diac really is with allocation dates... I hope the next update will reveal the truth.. By the way how do you know you are getting referred for medical? I did mine in 12/12 just to frontload... and 2 weeks later got an envelope with "do not open" please give to department of immigration.. Somewhere along that line. I kinda want to find out the result for all the tests

Meaning there is a long wait then thanks mate if you have some information just let us know because. I think all 885 need some good news and keep hope

All I was told is that no P5 885 applications were processed at the ASPC till last Thursday. That doesn't mean that they will no longer be processed this FY. There is still a chance that the processing will resume albeit at a slower pace. Your application should be at the BSPC where only online applications are processed. BSPC doesn't necessarily follow ASPC and often online applications processed ahead of paper lodged ones. So all is not lost for 885 applicants yet. Stay positive mate.

Anyone get co Allocated sub 496 today ? I'm lodged August.03.2007 subclass 496 cat5 . Nonews for my apps .

I think its better to call DIAC and check the progress as DIAC allocation table indicate ur application date. I hope your feedback will give all 496 a clear indication of whats happening. Good Luck..

So the news is ....................... I have been granted my PR today! I was a G5 885 online applicant. Hope this brings some cheer to all the fellow-forum members who are/have been waiting patiently!!!

Great news ! Congratulations and celebrations :-) Josh please share your time line. All the best mate !

The good news is that a directive has been issued to start processing your visa category.

Hi Roper. Do you know if a directive has been issued to process 475FS with the 176FS?

Hope so, as I understood that they would be processed together.

Looking forward to the next couple of updates.

Good luck everyone, Kazzarazza

this is even better, it means allcoation fo G5 885 is back. congrats mate

Thanks mate! The suspension of G5 885 for the last month or so really made me tense as I was almost close to being allocated. The thought of being processed in the next financial year really gave me sleepless nights. All the best to all of you who have been a part of this journey since I joined this forum!

this is even better, it means allcoation fo G5 885 is back. congrats mate

Do you think they start processing again what is your timeline ? Fingers crossed hopefully they processing now

Guest arthurbian
Do you think they start processing again what is your timeline ? Fingers crossed hopefully they processing now

in the other chinese forum there is a G5 885 applied 22nd june 2010 approved without allocation today. so it seems DIAC start processing again.

The processing of G5 885 has resumed at BSPC, since you've applied online in August of 2010, there is a good chance that you'll hear something in the near future.

Hi Roper. Do you know if a directive has been issued to process 475FS with the 176FS?

Hope so, as I understood that they would be processed together.

Looking forward to the next couple of updates.

Good luck everyone, Kazzarazza

The answer to your question is yes. However current processing dynamics are holding you guys back. There is a chance of some degree of positive movement in this quarter of the program year though. So stay positive mate.

Archived