New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Yes you can changed 886 to 885 through ielts. I applied in 10/2009. As they have started processing 886 I don't feel the urge to change now... Up to each individual. If you want it CO ASAP then yes try ielts

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Everyone,

I've got a question. What is the reason that all people here are concerned about the financial year. Do u mean that if we cannot get a case officer in this financial year, applications will be processed in next financial year or not? We lodged 175 C5 on 24th July 2008.

Applications not processed this financial year will be rolled over to the next one. The main concern with that is the overall size of the migration program and the number of places allocated for each visa category (this is also known as the planning level). If the overall size is reduced next year, all visa categories will have a longer waiting period. If the planning level is reduced for a particular visa category, all the visa subclasses coming under that category will have longer waiting periods. For example if the planning level of Skilled Independent category is reduced, 885,175 and 489 applicants will have to wait longer to be processed (don't also forget that there are priorities within each visa category)

The current program year is the largest one in Australia's history with 190,000 places available for applicants. It's not sure whether this will be repeated next year. That's why a lot of people are eager to be processed in this program year.

Hi

Don't loose the hopes guys.

Lodged 9/2/09

granted 3/4/13

886 family sponsor. HR country

didnt here about case officer.

Wish u all the best. And never give up

Didn't here about case officer? what did you mean by that ?

Did you mean that you haven't been asked to upload anything.....????

..........:confused:and suddenly just GRANTED on 3/4/13? Do u mind sharing ur story?

The planning level for the Skilled Regional Sponsored (formerly known as Skilled Australian Sponsored (Family sponsored)) GSM category of the 2012-13 Migration Program has been increased, and allocation of Skilled Regional Sponsored (SRS) is resuming. This category is for applicants who have been sponsored by an eligible relative. SRS visas include:

• Skilled Sponsored subclass 176

• Skilled Regional Sponsored subclass 475

• Skilled Regional Sponsored subclass 487

• Skilled Regional Sponsored subclass 489

• Designated Area - Sponsored subclass 496

• Skilled Sponsored subclass 886.

Allocation of SRS GSM visa applications will take place in accordance with the Migration Program planning level and the priority arrangements.

Applicants can follow the progress of allocating GSM visa applications through the department's website.

So finally some hope :)) first time ever one spoke abt 487 FS

Didn't here about case officer? what did you mean by that ?

Did you mean that you haven't been asked to upload anything.....????

..........:confused:and suddenly just GRANTED on 3/4/13? Do u mind sharing ur story?

Hi

yes i I didn't know anything about my case officer. Even I checked with my agent , they told me I don't have case officer yet. But in advance I did medical and AFP. Suddenly granted. Happy ending.

There is always the possibility that in any migration program for any year, the planning levels can change whether this be an increase or decrease. Let's hope that the changes whatever they may be is positive and hopefully the government and future governments learn not to apply any legislation retrospectively which is why we have such a huge backlog.

hi Guys its the time to share good news with all of you's finally my PR 886 is Approved today with god's blessing

My timeline is applied on 2 March 2009

case officer allocated 11th of March 2013

Medicals done 2nd of April 2013

Approved today 8th of April 2013

thanks every1 here

Dear Jatt,

Its good your meds were not referred. And have a great time there. May this excitement of approval increase there amen.

Best Wishes,

Annoisa

hi Guys its the time to share good news with all of you's finally my PR 886 is Approved today with god's blessing

My timeline is applied on 2 March 2009

case officer allocated 11th of March 2013

Medicals done 2nd of April 2013

Approved today 8th of April 2013

thanks every1 here

The good news is that a directive has been issued to start processing your visa category. The bad news is that due to the actual processing dynamics you guys are getting bumped back by the onshore (886) and 489 applicants the moment. Bearing in mind that ASPC handles around 750 cases a week you guys will also be affected by the torrent of higher priority applications that ASPC is currently experiencing.

As this is the final quarter of the current program year, things seem to be very hectic and volatile at the processing centers. So to quote my contact, " even the COs are unable to predict anything beyond a week at this moment and have to deal with whatever files that come in to their in trays on a daily basis".

Sorry about not being able to be more specific mate.

Hi dear I applied in August 2010 do you think I have the chance to get co by the end of April thanks

Hi dear I applied in August 2010 do you think I have the chance to get co by the end of April thanks

Was your application online or paper based? The CO I know can only tell me about what's happening at the ASPC.

Was your application online or paper based? The CO I know can only tell me about what's happening at the ASPC.

My APP ' s paper lodged , Can You tell me any happening at ASPC ? May I hope my application will get CO Allocation at Next week ?

I think it's online mate how do you know it's online or paper based?

If you lodged online, you should get your acknowledgment from the Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre (BSPC). That's how you know.

My APP ' s paper lodged , Can You tell me any happening at ASPC ? May I hope my application will get CO Allocation at Next week ?

ASPC is currently experiencing an upsurge in higher priority applications which directly affects priority group 5 applicants. For 3 fortnights (till last Thursday) no P5, 885 applications were processed at the ASPC. As far as your group goes, the momentum is currently with onshore family sponsored and left over 886 applications.

F**k DIAC.....I lodged my application 11/05/2009, haven't heard anything, and yet those who applied 29/06/2009 has been allocated a CO.......what a joke!!!!!

I understand your frustration mate but cursing DIAC serves no purpose at all. The COs can only work with whatever files that come into their in trays (or the electronic equivalent of it). Perhaps your application was paper lodged while the person you speak of applied online. If that's the case, it shouldn't be a surprise that the other person was allocated ahead of you.

I understand your frustration mate but cursing DIAC serves no purpose at all. The COs can only work with whatever files that come into their in trays (or the electronic equivalent of it). Perhaps your application was paper lodged while the person you speak of applied online. If that's the case, it shouldn't be a surprise that the other person was allocated ahead of you.

I know Roper.....been trying not to curse them for the last 4 years, but today....I just couldn't handle it any more. I lodged the application on line (Brisbane), and if you ring them asking for clarification, they keep telling you that the applications are processed in date order........:mad:. Well what could we do......except wait and wait and wait......

Archived