New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hi everyone,

just want to share my good news. I have finally got myself a CO today! Receive the email couple of hours ago and I am still feeling really happy and excited!! 4 years of waiting and it has all come down to this. So do not lose hope if you are still waiting :)

Just a quick question to anyone who already has a CO, for the Australia police clearance, do we just need a name check or need both finger print and name check?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone,

just want to share my good news. I have finally got myself a CO today! Receive the email couple of hours ago and I am still feeling really happy and excited!! 4 years of waiting and it has all come down to this. So do not lose hope if you are still waiting :)

Just a quick question to anyone who already has a CO, for the Australia police clearance, do we just need a name check or need both finger print and name check?

Can u share ur timeline pls...

I am seriously contemplating converting my 176 FS (priority 5, applied in Nov 2009) application to a 175 independent. Can anyone help me with what needs to be done and also if my case will be assessed against the old points test (120) or the new points test (65). Moreover, will my application date be Nov 2009 (when i originally applied) or will it be Apr 2013 (assuming that I make the change in April).

Any help and input will be greatly appreciated.

As discussed before in the forum too...you can convert from 176FS to 175 provided you had applied your application before 1 July 2010 and you must have received an email from DIAC in July last year stating that you are eligible for changes. Also at the time of making an application you must had atleast 110 points only then by getting IELTS 7.0 each you will be able to gain extra 10 points thus making it 120. Yes your application will be considered Nov 2009

Sure :)

Applied 886 online 15/5/2009. CO assigned 02/4/2013. Team 23. So far, I am only required to resubmit medical and police clearance and form 80.

Congratulations........I applied online 11/05/2009. to date haven't heard anything from IMMI.

Never mind......I am sure it will happen:cute:

Hi Richard, I have changed my 176 FS to a 175. Not sure about the points thing but I went and get IELTS anyway before hand to bump up my scores. The application date doesn't change.

I am seriously contemplating converting my 176 FS (priority 5, applied in Nov 2009) application to a 175 independent. Can anyone help me with what needs to be done and also if my case will be assessed against the old points test (120) or the new points test (65). Moreover, will my application date be Nov 2009 (when i originally applied) or will it be Apr 2013 (assuming that I make the change in April).

Any help and input will be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone,

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!! Lia

What is your Profession ?

As discussed before in the forum too...you can convert from 176FS to 175 provided you had applied your application before 1 July 2010 and you must have received an email from DIAC in July last year stating that you are eligible for changes. Also at the time of making an application you must had atleast 110 points only then by getting IELTS 7.0 each you will be able to gain extra 10 points thus making it 120. Yes your application will be considered Nov 2009

can i also convert my 475FS applicant to some other independent cat?

Guest arthurbian
Don't think there will be any moved for 885 no processed at all what is your timeline

G5 885 welfare applied 29/06/2010

hi kimmo

my medical has been referred on dec, heard nothing since then

Dear 175 G5 forumers - parrisa, Singhb, rajmhrj, The Constant Traveller, mhm ... Any good news from anyone on your application? Thanks!

Dear 175 G5 forumers - parrisa, Singhb, rajmhrj, The Constant Traveller, mhm ... Any good news from anyone on your application? Thanks!

hi kimmo,

Just thought i would update you on a 175 grant i came across in the Medicals thread....

He must be Cat 5 to have waited so long.

Lodge Jan 2008, Medical/PCC December 2012, Meds referred Jan 2013, Meds finalised Mar 30, 2013, Grant April 03, 2013

At least some people are seeing an end to their wait and the COs are not on holiday.... good luck to everyone!

I sent off all the papers to my case officer as requested. The Australian Federal Police clearance hasn't been accepted as the AFP sent to me was STANDARD DISCLOSURE AFP whereas I had requested COMPLETE DISCLOSURE AFP. It wasn't my fault as I didn't receive the right AFP and didnt know what type of AFP is required by immigration. I filled the form again for Australian police clearance. Another wait for few days:(

I sent off all the papers to my case officer as requested. The Australian Federal Police clearance hasn't been accepted as the AFP sent to me was STANDARD DISCLOSURE AFP whereas I had requested COMPLETE DISCLOSURE AFP. It wasn't my fault as I didn't receive the right AFP and didnt know what type of AFP is required by immigration. I filled the form again for Australian police clearance. Another wait for few days:(

So which AFP we required to get for Immi, standard or complete?

What is the difference? I just follow the prompt on AFP online application and there did not state if you want the standard or complete. So how do you know?

My agent told me today that for permanent residency purposes they require COMPLETE DISCLOSURE. When you fill up the form you just specify the purpose as ' immigration purposes' and they will issue you complete disclosure. I remember I chose that option only but still got the STANDARD one:( my agent got me to fill up the form again today and the form number was 33 if that helps:)

Archived