New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quota for the regional sponsored/australian sponsored is exhausted. So no further movement for them as you can see from the update. We 496s will have to wait till next year or further increase in quota or migration reform. Stuck till then.

According to the quota, sponsored category got nearly 28000. It's very difficult to believe that all are finished. May be we got smaller quota like last year. i.e. 4200. Do somebody have any idea about the total number of group 5 applicants in the pipe line? Waiting game is almost 5 years now

My CO only asked for New passport Biopage, Form 927 (for the new passport detail), Acad transcript and PCC. I already have payslip and proof of employment attached when I lodged my application back in 2008.

So this time around the time limiting factor was only the Australian PCC (NPC). And to my surprise, AFP only took less than one day (lodged at 10am, approved by 5pm) to process my NPC. They posted the NPC to me on 25th Oct, I received it on 29 Oct which I uploaded all the requested documents later that day. Following that I sent her an email informing her that I have submitted all the documents but it has been radio silence since.

FYI, I'm currently on 457 and I've been residing in Aus for a while, which explains why she asked for the AFP NPC on top of my home country PCC which I had it processed back in March.

Following my previous post, I re-read my CO request for documents letter and found this line in it

"As case officers must adhere to the priority processing arrangements, we ask that you keepyour contact with the GSM Processing Offices to a minimum, to allow processing of yourown and other applications to proceed as quickly as possible. If you have been given a 28 day period to provide further information or documentation you may not receive a response fromyour case officer until that period has lapsed. "

I supposed I have to wait at least 28 days before hearing from the CO again.

eDIT: Just realised there's another possible explanation of the Radio silent from CO. It may be due the fact that she never received my email two weeks ago as I didn't repl to the specified email address she provided in the PDF document. The email she used to contact me may be a dud and will not be able to receive incoming emails at all :( Now, I have sent another email to the specified email address and i hope i will hear from her soon. Fingers crossed.

Khan are you from pak? I m I got co nov 2012 but nothing afterwards . I m cat 5 but my house mate is doctor and he is still waiting . He got co nov 2012 . As well

Yes i am from pak.Its taking too long for our security checks and its mainly pakistani spplicants going through all that.Has your CO asked for sny documents recently?

Yes i am from pak.Its taking too long for our security checks and its mainly pakistani spplicants going through all that.Has your CO asked for sny documents recently?

Our case allocated CO on october 2012. Did thr co asked for medical and pcc? Or you preloaded? Hope we hear good news soon... Very soon

Hi Guys, Just want to share with you that I belong to Cat 5 as well with 176 VS-RS and belongs to Computing Professional (nec). I lodged my application December 2007, last August 30, 2013 I got an email from diac informing me about case officer and asking for additional documents. It took me 1.5 months to provide all necessary documents. Yesterday I got an email from my CO confirming that the last document that I sent has been received. And just this morning I got an email from DIAC, it is a Grant Letter for me and for my family!!!

Its been 6 years and finally the waiting is over.

Hi Guys, Just want to share with you that I belong to Cat 5 as well with 176 VS-RS and belongs to Computing Professional (nec). I lodged my application December 2007, last August 30, 2013 I got an email from diac informing me about case officer and asking for additional documents. It took me 1.5 months to provide all necessary documents. Yesterday I got an email from my CO confirming that the last document that I sent has been received. And just this morning I got an email from DIAC, it is a Grant Letter for me and for my family!!!

Thanks itsbeen6! Guys, itsbeen6 was the one i was referring to who got a co last time. :biggrin:

You bring some hope to us 176ers itsbeen6... This indicates 176 is moving, albeit slowly and picking pace from 2007 (somewhere atleast!!)

Congrats itsbeen6... :) Party hard.... Cheers

Archived