176 lodged May 2011 Gang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I second what Emma said! We had our medicals at maidenhead today, infact only just got back from our 3 and half hr journey home but was worth it. They were great and really felt like luxury too. Our apt wasnt til 2.45 but got there early and 12 and they saw us straight away we were back on the road by 3pm. Its was pretty easy, i dont think anyone should be worrying. We had eye test, weight, height, blood pressure, urine, photo, xray, bloods and general check our from doc. Did have to get down to your pants but the lady was lovely. signed a few sheets, paid up and that was it!! Also, WE WERE ON EHEALTH!! thank god, yesterday we wasnt on the list and today when we got there and checked we were! That was a huge relief. Can fault them in anyway. Didnt have to have any extra tests for tattoos and piercings and these were done professionally, its only if you have dodgey ones basically haha. Anyhow thats it. Should be uploaded to DIAC by Monday/Tuesday so could even have our visa next week ... fingers crossed!!!:smile:

Hi Jo

Thanks for that info, not too bothered about the meds, as they have to be done, just worried that because we have booked it soooo far in advance that they change prices in August and charge us at them, rather than when we booked, but email does not really specify this :eek: and hearing so many positive things about M/Head that we are looking forward to spending the weekend roundabout there as travelling far :yes:

So are you saying that you do not need a jab for piercings as long as they were done professionally, I really hope so as was going to ask if I could just have that in Edin. as they are cheaper for that type of jab :laugh:

Guest lexylou
see my new thread, we were all of a sudden on the list this morning!! thankgod.

So glad your meds went well and you were on the list. Fingers crossed that it won't be long now.

I second what Emma said! We had our medicals at maidenhead today, infact only just got back from our 3 and half hr journey home but was worth it. They were great and really felt like luxury too. Our apt wasnt til 2.45 but got there early and 12 and they saw us straight away we were back on the road by 3pm. Its was pretty easy, i dont think anyone should be worrying. We had eye test, weight, height, blood pressure, urine, photo, xray, bloods and general check our from doc. Did have to get down to your pants but the lady was lovely. signed a few sheets, paid up and that was it!! Also, WE WERE ON EHEALTH!! thank god, yesterday we wasnt on the list and today when we got there and checked we were! That was a huge relief. Can fault them in anyway. Didnt have to have any extra tests for tattoos and piercings and these were done professionally, its only if you have dodgey ones basically haha. Anyhow thats it. Should be uploaded to DIAC by Monday/Tuesday so could even have our visa next week ... fingers crossed!!!:smile:

Hi,

I'm glad that your medicals went well.

With regards to your comment on extra tests for tattoos and piercings, I wouldn't be so sure. Hepatitis B testing is required in all patients who have cosmetic piercings other than through the earlobe and in all those who have tattoos, proffesional or DIY, it does not matter.

Best wishes

Yoyo

Hi there all,

Hows everyone doin?? hope you all are hanging in there.

welcome to Anitk :biggrin:. We are in the same boat..... Still waiting and waiting. Our agents (the boss!!) sent us an email yesterday warning us not to call DIAC as they are extremely busy, due to the 1st July intakes etc!! We apparently may hear shortly. Also he mentioned (which upset quite a bit in the morning) that we may have our visa towards the end of the YEAR?!?!? :confused:. So can anyone help that would be great to here something positive. Thaks

We had all our police checks back all within 11 days FANTASTIC! all clear! Thanks so much for the comments Pedley:

"We had our medicals at maidenhead today, infact only just got back from our 3 and half hr journey home but was worth it. They were great and really felt like luxury too. Our apt wasnt til 2.45 but got there early and 12 and they saw us straight away we were back on the road by 3pm. Its was pretty easy, i dont think anyone should be worrying. We had eye test, weight, height, blood pressure, urine, photo, xray, bloods and general check our from doc. Did have to get down to your pants but the lady was lovely. signed a few sheets, paid up and that was it!! Also, WE WERE ON EHEALTH!! thank god, yesterday we wasnt on the list and today when we got there and checked we were! That was a huge relief. Can fault them in anyway. Didnt have to have any extra tests for tattoos and piercings and these were done professionally, its only if you have dodgey ones basically haha. Anyhow thats it.

We have ours on Thursday next week. I also phoned them (They know me....by name now.....whopps) and we are on the Ehealth system. Yippee.

Hope we all here something next week :wink:

Guest Vleighw

I lodged on the 27th and not a thing yet - I called DIAC (I am in Aus so it was easier - no late night for me) but I was still an hour on hold - they have the application but just said they are working their way through them

Hi,

I'm glad that your medicals went well.

With regards to your comment on extra tests for tattoos and piercings, I wouldn't be so sure. Hepatitis B testing is required in all patients who have cosmetic piercings other than through the earlobe and in all those who have tattoos, proffesional or DIY, it does not matter.

Best wishes

Yoyo

hi yoyo333,

we have just had our medicals at maidenhead yesterday and this is what our doctor (for immigration) said. me and my oh have both tattoos and piercing's and she said we did not have to have that additional test done. Maybe other places are different but not in maidenhead.

Thanks

Hi there all,

Hows everyone doin?? hope you all are hanging in there.

welcome to Anitk :biggrin:. We are in the same boat..... Still waiting and waiting. Our agents (the boss!!) sent us an email yesterday warning us not to call DIAC as they are extremely busy, due to the 1st July intakes etc!! We apparently may hear shortly. Also he mentioned (which upset quite a bit in the morning) that we may have our visa towards the end of the YEAR?!?!? :confused:. So can anyone help that would be great to here something positive. Thaks

We had all our police checks back all within 11 days FANTASTIC! all clear! Thanks so much for the comments Pedley:

"We had our medicals at maidenhead today, infact only just got back from our 3 and half hr journey home but was worth it. They were great and really felt like luxury too. Our apt wasnt til 2.45 but got there early and 12 and they saw us straight away we were back on the road by 3pm. Its was pretty easy, i dont think anyone should be worrying. We had eye test, weight, height, blood pressure, urine, photo, xray, bloods and general check our from doc. Did have to get down to your pants but the lady was lovely. signed a few sheets, paid up and that was it!! Also, WE WERE ON EHEALTH!! thank god, yesterday we wasnt on the list and today when we got there and checked we were! That was a huge relief. Can fault them in anyway. Didnt have to have any extra tests for tattoos and piercings and these were done professionally, its only if you have dodgey ones basically haha. Anyhow thats it.

We have ours on Thursday next week. I also phoned them (They know me....by name now.....whopps) and we are on the Ehealth system. Yippee.

Hope we all here something next week :wink:

Hi Lins,

Please please please ignore your agent, its crap. We are not using an agent and am so glad we never had. We phoned DIAC the other day and they were lovely! On wait for a while but they were very accodomating and friendly. I would say ring them. and if you have a applied for a 176 sponsored visa, once you have had your meds and they are finalised visas are being granted within a week!! My sons meds from yesterday are already finalised on the system today! That good news you are on ehealth too!!:cute:

Hi Lins,

Please please please ignore your agent, its crap. We are not using an agent and am so glad we never had. We phoned DIAC the other day and they were lovely! On wait for a while but they were very accodomating and friendly. I would say ring them. and if you have a applied for a 176 sponsored visa, once you have had your meds and they are finalised visas are being granted within a week!! My sons meds from yesterday are already finalised on the system today! That good news you are on ehealth too!!:cute:

Hi there Pedley,

Thanks so much for response. Not sure wat t do. Go against agent or wat?!?!?! Our agent sent an email t DIAC ovr a week ago now, to find out if received 1100 form......no response?!?!?!? So can't work out why they would not chase this up??

Anyway will give it til late nxt wk an make the call.

Thanks sooo much again. you put the smile on my face this morn :):)

Hav a g8t wkend xxx

Hi there Pedley,

Thanks so much for response. Not sure wat t do. Go against agent or wat?!?!?! Our agent sent an email t DIAC ovr a week ago now, to find out if received 1100 form......no response?!?!?!? So can't work out why they would not chase this up??

Anyway will give it til late nxt wk an make the call.

Thanks sooo much again. you put the smile on my face this morn :):)

Hav a g8t wkend xxx

Ar Linsey thats ok. I just dont understand agents, why should you have to asked them to chase up! You will not be doing anything wrong by ringing DIAC yourself and your agent wouldnt even know, and even if they did you just say well im doing the job im paying you for!!! Go on girl, stay up late on sunday and ring them. It will give you so much more peace of mind!! I dont think it matters how busy DIAC are they still have time for everybody. Have a good weekend too. xx

Ar Linsey thats ok. I just dont understand agents, why should you have to asked them to chase up! You will not be doing anything wrong by ringing DIAC yourself and your agent wouldnt even know, and even if they did you just say well im doing the job im paying you for!!! Go on girl, stay up late on sunday and ring them. It will give you so much more peace of mind!! I dont think it matters how busy DIAC are they still have time for everybody. Have a good weekend too. xx

Thank you Again, it really helps havin this advise. Although u hav put us in a head spin!!! We r phoning the boss (agent) in the morn t find out why they don't want us t contact and also why it has taken 8days for a response from DIAC (email sent 17th June). If we don't get a suitable response we Wil contact DIAC on mon ngt.......

Time to kick some butt :)

thanks again ur a star**** best of luck this wk v excited for u all. Hey if u need a babysitter wen ur there I'll b there somewhere around Perth!! Im police checked up t the hills now lol. Mayb clarkson??(hoping Oct 2011!! )

Lots of luck

Lins an gang :)

I know I'm a June ganger but just wanted to share that I got an email from my CO this morning, team 4 and all I need to do is meds, police checks and the right birth certs for the kids (DOH!).

I am rather chuffed ! :yellow_guy_smiling_

Fingers crossed everyone elses is not far away !

Guest bowow2011

Hi just thought i'd add our time frame:-

Name: Bowow2011

Date of Visa application: 28th April 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Electrician

Visa type: 176 Skilled Sponsored

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Medicals submitted: 15th June 2011

Police check submitted: 17th June

Date CO assigned: 31st May

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Thank you Again, it really helps havin this advise. Although u hav put us in a head spin!!! We r phoning the boss (agent) in the morn t find out why they don't want us t contact and also why it has taken 8days for a response from DIAC (email sent 17th June). If we don't get a suitable response we Wil contact DIAC on mon ngt.......

Time to kick some butt :)

thanks again ur a star**** best of luck this wk v excited for u all. Hey if u need a babysitter wen ur there I'll b there somewhere around Perth!! Im police checked up t the hills now lol. Mayb clarkson??(hoping Oct 2011!! )

Lots of luck

Lins an gang :)

Good luck finding out on Monday. I haven't even asked our agent if they have received this, should I? We don't have a CO yet though...

I know I'm a June ganger but just wanted to share that I got an email from my CO this morning, team 4 and all I need to do is meds, police checks and the right birth certs for the kids (DOH!).

Congratulations!!

Hi just thought i'd add our time frame:-

Name: Bowow2011

Date of Visa application: 28th April 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Electrician

Visa type: 176 Skilled Sponsored

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted:

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Medicals submitted: 15th June 2011

Police check submitted: 17th June

Date CO assigned: 31st May

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: still waiting :daydreaming:

Good luck! Shouldn't be long for you now! :biggrin:

Guest lexylou

Hi Chardy,

Well done in getting your CO, what a relief for you. My CO is team 4 also.

Guest lexylou

Hi everyone,

We have our medicals in Edinburgh tomorrow so fingers and toes crossed that it goes ok. I will post later to share our experience.

Gillian

Hiya Justin g8t news on ur email... Madness on a Sunday. U made me check mine! an yep.....no news Again!!!

Congrats wi the rest of of ur journey!!

Keep in touch x

Guest bowow2011
Hi guys, just to let you all know we got our CO today!!!! woohooo :jiggy:

Congratulations Pedley, won't be long now.... think we are at the same time frame fingers crossed for you :biggrin:

Guest lexylou
Good luck Gillian, ours are on Weds this week.

Clare x

Thanks Clare and good luck to you. Let us know how you get on.

Guest mandi1971
Hi everyone,

We have our medicals in Edinburgh tomorrow so fingers and toes crossed that it goes ok. I will post later to share our experience.

Gillian

Hi Gillian

Let us know how youre meds go as we are looking to book at Edinburgh aswell :biggrin:

Lots of Luck

Mandi x

Hiya Justin g8t news on ur email... Madness on a Sunday. U made me check mine! an yep.....no news Again!!!

Congrats wi the rest of of ur journey!!

Keep in touch x

we have always thought they didnt work weekends! made me check mine too! ha. weere hoping for some good news this week.

Guest lexylou
Hi Gillian

Let us know how youre meds go as we are looking to book at Edinburgh aswell :biggrin:

Lots of Luck

Mandi x

Will do Mandi. I don't know if you know that there is around a 4 week waiting list for Edinburgh?

Gillian

Archived