Shipping Cost from Top 8 Companies (Hope it helps)

Guest gem and si

Guest charleysmum74
Had one company arrive today and told us that our household goods will be around the £2700 mark. We are only taking the bare minimum, although the company will give us two quotes. 1. two 3 seater sofas and footstool. A flat pack table and 6 chairs, sideboard. Guitars, clothes, mirror, pictures, shoes, ornaments, tennis rackets, small amount of crockery. (Which all fit in a bedroom)

2. Just the Guitars, clothes, mirror, pictures, shoes, ornaments, tennis rackets, small amount of crockery.with a quote for £2000.

Said that they do a complete service from door to door, that they have to pack as otherwise customs will charge extra. Insurance was I think 6% of the value of the goods being sent.

8-12 weeks

Have another company coming tomorrow, do we leave all the furniture behind? may store the furniture for a while here in UK. Dilemma, dilemmas! Need to keep the cost down.

Any views?

That sounds really expensive, we have been quoted £2300 to £2800 and we have 2 two seater sofas, footstool, 3 toy storage units, 2 single beds, one king size bed, 3 boxes for kitchen stuff, 4 suitcases, 3 single mattresses, a set of drawers, one king size mattress, lots of camping stuff etc. Who have you had this quote from?

C :)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Faulks30

john masons for us as well - 4050 for london to sydney for a 20'container, and it'll be 1700 for the car in a separate container. Looks like letton percival will be the best insurance quote - 1.4% of total value, but haven't got a firm quote back yet - also, they haven't confirmed if I value the car in the UK, or in AUS (2.5 times the value!!)

I'm sure this is on the forum somewhere, but just saw one of those annoying "we'll find you and fine you" adds on tv, so went online and found out you can cancel and refund your TV licence if you've got more than 3 months left on the current one - free 50 quid!!! Thanks tv licensing!!

That sounds really expensive, we have been quoted £2300 to £2800 and we have 2 two seater sofas, footstool, 3 toy storage units, 2 single beds, one king size bed, 3 boxes for kitchen stuff, 4 suitcases, 3 single mattresses, a set of drawers, one king size mattress, lots of camping stuff etc. Who have you had this quote from?

C :)

The quote was from PSS and DB came today, who will send quote next week but a bit cheaper and said the sizing was less than PSS had said we had. Very stressful as OH is already in OZ. Crikey really think of what we are taking, compared to your items cant believe the £2700 quote is right!!! Will continue to get further quotes and try bartering or else I will leave it all behind :mad:

Has anyone used Anglo Pacific? Any feed back? We have a young baby and all these 10-12 week delivery dates take us to his 1st birthday. I really want furniture in time for that and Anglo have given an 8 week delivery time. We havent had all three quotes yet have Crown coming next week but would welcome any comments. We are leaving middle of July.

• 3 weeks later...

we are using Robinsons, 20ft sole use, 1,100 cu feet, £3850 door to door Manchester to brisbane, need marine Insurance extra ££

we are using Robinsons, 20ft sole use, 1,100 cu feet, £3850 door to door Manchester to brisbane, need marine Insurance extra ££

Wow, that is a really good price for 1100 cu ft (unless you mean that's the size of the container). If its not, what cu/ft have you been quoted for ?

I've just had them out today, and the guy who assessed everything said our contents came in at 810 cu/ft. What was also re-assuring was that if they come and pack everything that he has listed and it turns out to be more - i.e. 1000 cu/ft then it doesn't cost me anymore money as its his mistake for underestimating our contents. Was quite impressed with the level of detail he went into explaining everything.

I've had 5 companies out so far but I'm gonna contact another 2 to come out. Really want to get it as cheap as possible as we are shipping our dog as well which is costing an arm and a leg !

Wow, that is a really good price for 1100 cu ft (unless you mean that's the size of the container). If its not, what cu/ft have you been quoted for ?

I've just had them out today, and the guy who assessed everything said our contents came in at 810 cu/ft. What was also re-assuring was that if they come and pack everything that he has listed and it turns out to be more - i.e. 1000 cu/ft then it doesn't cost me anymore money as its his mistake for underestimating our contents. Was quite impressed with the level of detail he went into explaining everything.

I've had 5 companies out so far but I'm gonna contact another 2 to come out. Really want to get it as cheap as possible as we are shipping our dog as well which is costing an arm and a leg !

The contents of our home at the time of the survey was 1244 cu ft, he did tell us this was over the amount that will fill a 20 ft container and told us we would have to take the rest 144cuft on groupage at £570, we have since had a sort out of what we are taking and sold some items.

So yes the quote given was to fill the container 1100cuft 20ft cost £3850

What price have you been quoted for your 810cu ft?

The contents of our home at the time of the survey was 1244 cu ft, he did tell us this was over the amount that will fill a 20 ft container and told us we would have to take the rest 144cuft on groupage at £570, we have since had a sort out of what we are taking and sold some items.

So yes the quote given was to fill the container 1100cuft 20ft cost £3850

What price have you been quoted for your 810cu ft?

They've come back today with a quote of £4595 for 810 cu/ft.

Was this you're original quote from them, or did you haggle ?

Also, do you have a lengthy trip from the port in Australia to the address they are going to ?

We have about a 300km trip, so I'm keen to see if this has made much difference!

We have had 3 quotes with 2 giving the same 414 cubic feet measurement and between £2025-£2474 how do they work out this price????? The 1st quote was 365 cu/ft for £1995. But I know if they pack up and the measurement is more I will be charged, but what I need to know is if I reduce the amount we take will we get money back????? Willing to leave the sofas behind.

We are only taking a flat pack table, 6 chairs and a sideboard, 4 guitars, 1 mirror, 4 pictures, clothes, crockery , cutlery, some books, cd's, ornaments and duvets, sheets. Going to try and condense in to 30 tea chests. Any ideas?? just need to keep the cost down. :err:

They've come back today with a quote of £4595 for 810 cu/ft.

Was this you're original quote from them, or did you haggle ?

Also, do you have a lengthy trip from the port in Australia to the address they are going to ?

We have about a 300km trip, so I'm keen to see if this has made much difference!

To be honest I had been watching people's quotes on he over a few months and had an idea of what to expect when I got Danny from Robinsons to quote, he went all over our property with his machine to measure up etc, when he came back with the price of £3850 we just accepted the quote, then about a week later we received an email with all the documents inc the quote, our quote inc 100 mile from Brisbane port, if you are interested in seeing my quote let me know and I can inbox you.

Guys,

We are moving to Perth in August and are going with Robinsons....got them down to £3575 for 845 cubic feet and sole use of a 20ft container and also got them down to 1.5% for the insurance.

Also, if anyone is interested in the quote, pm me.

Bharat

Guys,

We are moving to Perth in August and are going with Robinsons....got them down to £3575 for 845 cubic feet and sole use of a 20ft container and also got them down to 1.5% for the insurance.

Also, if anyone is interested in the quote, pm me.

Bharat

How much is your insurance please.?

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post up our quotes:

Crown - 300cuft - £1998

John Mason - 274 cuft - 1945

Robinsons - 332cuft - £2075

PSS - 296 cuft - £1787

Doree Bonner - 320cuft - £1894

Crown and PSS include the AQIS fee

Still deciding at the mo, but so far on first impressions PSS are winning, and that was before the quote came in, bonus that it was the cheapest!

Are u not taking a lot? They have price me today on 850cuft and I thought I didn't have much, 3 bed townhouse.....?

Not got prices yet will let you no when I have.

Just waiting for Robinsons, just had Anglo

No we not taking much, just an armchair and bed for furniture and boxes of stuff. Most of our furniture is tatty and second or third hand anyway.

Has anyone took out there own insurance instead of using the shipping companies?

If so who did u use and what kind of price was it?.....did u save much finding an alternative insurance company..

Thanks

insure-your-move.com £30,000 contents £500

Archived