gr8leo87

Muito bom, eu gostaria de visitar Angola no futuro. Ouvi que ha muita mudanca como a guerra ja acabou.

hahahaha......Eu falo poco portugese.....I speak very less portuguese because all my colleagues can speak english and also the official language of my company is English but normally in Angola nobody speaks english. Yea things are getting better here.... the part of city (Luanda sul) is much better than the city itself. But still as a whole it is not a good place to live.....specially if you are coming from a developed place like Australia or Europe.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems processing is faster now. Iranians who have got their CO in 2010 ( upto April) are being requested for medical and PCC

Any news about Pakistanis ?

Regards

Thats great news...I posted earlier on PIO that a few Pakistanis have also been requested for meds or granted visa who have been assigned CO in March 2010. So, lets see and hope for the best. I hope the process have become faster but April 2010 till June 2011 is still 13-14 months.

Seems processing is faster now. Iranians who have got their CO in 2010 ( upto April) are being requested for medical and PCC

Any news about Pakistanis ?

Regards

lol thats still long. Maybe its their time (under normal speed) to finish security checks.

Guest Kffahim
I did send each and every relevant document right at the start of lodgement and my CO never asked about anything else. I think no verification was done either (at least not in my knowledge). The only painfully long phase was security clearance that took 13/14 months.

Hello frustate,

Is there any update from your side? Did you do the e-health?

Is there anyone else who logs in to DIAC website & check the status update, 4 times every day (even on Sundays :twitcy:) or is it only me :skeptical:

Yea ! me but only once a day :) 4 times a day is insane :)

Guest asadns

Hello everybody!!! I am unlucky applicant whose application is stuck in external checks.... Timeline is. Date of application Jan 2009. CO assigned nov 2010. All documents MET on Jan 2011 including form 80 and PCC. Medicals I sent in April not on CO request though . Medicals too were FINALIZED and MET on 10 June 2011. CO constantly saying application is under checks..... Cannot give a definate time..... Contacted IGIS , got a standard reply of will inquire from ASIO.... waiting for the next reply

Guest Alibajwa
Hello everybody!!! I am unlucky applicant whose application is stuck in external checks.... Timeline is. Date of application Jan 2009. CO assigned nov 2010. All documents MET on Jan 2011 including form 80 and PCC. Medicals I sent in April not on CO request though . Medicals too were FINALIZED and MET on 10 June 2011. CO constantly saying application is under checks..... Cannot give a definate time..... Contacted IGIS , got a standard reply of will inquire from ASIO.... waiting for the next reply

CO assigned to you on Nov. 2010 or in Nov 2009? If CO is assigned on Nov. 2010, then u should wait at-least Until December 2011.

CO assigned to you on Nov. 2010 or in Nov 2009? If CO is assigned on Nov. 2010, then u should wait at-least Until December 2011.

Yea asadsn, I agree with Alibajwa....if you got your CO in Nov 2010 then he would have forwarded your case for external checks in Nov 2010....the normal processing time for security clearance of applicants from Pakistan is 8-12 months..... you should expect your security clearance to finish somewhere in Oct-Nov 2011.

Be patient..we all are in the same boat :nah:

Yea asadsn, I agree with Alibajwa....if you got your CO in Nov 2010 then he would have forwarded your case for external checks in Nov 2010....the normal processing time for security clearance of applicants from Pakistan is 8-12 months..... you should expect your security clearance to finish somewhere in Oct-Nov 2011.

Be patient..we all are in the same boat :nah:

because ASIO have to send their secret agents to Pak so it takes time. You know how pak government office is?

because ASIO have to send their secret agents to Pak so it takes time. You know how pak government office is?

They don't have to send Secret Agents, Australian embassy has its own visa checking and investigation section where many investigators perform checks of individuals.

For those checks they may liaise with local authorities for help or they may themselves visit or phone candidates (As happened to one of my friends in which a team from Australian embassy personal came to his office and checked everything he claimed for)

They don't have to send Secret Agents, Australian embassy has its own visa checking and investigation section where many investigators perform checks of individuals.

For those checks they may liaise with local authorities for help or they may themselves visit or phone candidates (As happened to one of my friends in which a team from Australian embassy personal came to his office and checked everything he claimed for)

When did your friend applied for PR ... Is he Pakistani? ....In Pakistan they they do not come for the physical verification. nor my agent ever confirmed this ... they always do telephonic verification in case if its required .... I think we should not mixup Job verification with SECURITY CHECKS

how old is your friends case? and when they came for physical verification

As far as I know....ASIO has outsourced the external security checks to a US based agency... since presumably US has the complete database of all the potential terrorists.... so this complete process takes a long time as the candidates are verified by numerous databases in US and then the feedback goes to ASIO & then they forward to your case officer.

When did your friend applied for PR ... Is he Pakistani? ....In Pakistan they they do not come for the physical verification. nor my agent ever confirmed this ... they always do telephonic verification in case if its required .... I think we should not mixup Job verification with SECURITY CHECKS

how old is your friends case? and when they came for physical verification

Phewwwww !!!! so many questions :) Yes my friend is a Pakistani and now he is in Sydney, got his PR in 2009.Personal from the Australian Embassy did came to his office i dont know exactly what did they check but they sure did check something.

Phewwwww !!!! so many questions :) Yes my friend is a Pakistani and now he is in Sydney, got his PR in 2009.Personal from the Australian Embassy did came to his office i dont know exactly what did they check but they sure did check something.

They came to check if another one should be put on the barbie.

Guest Kangroo

I was born in a high risk country (Pakistan) but now I am a citizen of low risk coutry (UK) and have been living here since last 8 years.

I have lodged state sponsored 176 visa in June and just wondering if the security checks timeline for low risk countries would be applicable to my application or it would be a long wait through ASIO.

I would greatly appreciate if somone having same circumstances can share their experience.

Cheers

Guest frustrate
I was born in a high risk country (Pakistan) but now I am a citizen of low risk coutry (UK) and have been living here since last 8 years.

I have lodged state sponsored 176 visa in June and just wondering if the security checks timeline for low risk countries would be applicable to my application or it would be a long wait through ASIO.

I would greatly appreciate if somone having same circumstances can share their experience.

Cheers

I think even if a person who is currently a citizen/resident of a low risk country can be subject to long ASIO security clearance provided he/she had lived in a high risk country for more than 12 months out of last 10 years. So yes, your case is also a potential candidate for long security clearance just like other HR applicants cases.

Guest frustrate
Hello frustate,

Is there any update from your side? Did you do the e-health?

ehealth is not available in Pakistan (surely in Islamabad) and you've to rely on manual health system. I've attended the medical on 27th June, 2011 and everything looked fine (at least till this time). I hope IOM people will submit my results this week though it could take some more days to reach GHO since they used to send medicals through courier.

Guest Kffahim
ehealth is not available in Pakistan (surely in Islamabad) and you've to rely on manual health system. I've attended the medical on 27th June, 2011 and everything looked fine (at least till this time). I hope IOM people will submit my results this week though it could take some more days to reach GHO since they used to send medicals through courier.

Yes, ehealth is quite fast. I did it on 23rd. It was supposed to be available in the next day....

Now who knows what looong wait is ahead??

Guest koko1

Hi All,

Please, does anyone know how long it takes to hear from DIAC after responding to a Natural Justice query?

Guest asadns

Thanx for the reply.

Did you guys see 1 july changes???? What i have grasped is category 1-3 are all sponsored applications, GSM 175 is noe in category 4???//

Have they changed their priority groups, so would it affect applications lodged prior to 1 july 2011???/

Please reply.....:nah:

Thanx for the reply.

Did you guys see 1 july changes???? What i have grasped is category 1-3 are all sponsored applications, GSM 175 is noe in category 4???//

Have they changed their priority groups, so would it affect applications lodged prior to 1 july 2011???/

Please reply.....:nah:

No 175 is CAT-3 if and only if Your nominated occupation is listed in SOL SCH-3 (current SOL). if your occupation is in SOL then no worries ... Secondly if u have got CO then no worries, your case is already in security checks.

Archived