gr8leo87

Guest frustrate
Excellent news frustrate .... I hope you will be les frustrated now :wink:

My gut feeling is that your Visa grant is coming soon. But let me tell you upfront that if your meds are referred to HOC then they also take around 1-2 months to finalize. But even then you have very little time remaining to be in Oz. Pack up man :biggrin: I hope I also get this wornderful call and email soon :cool:

Thanks alot bro....I wish you could get the good news very soon...even if they do take some time now to finalize the medical, the stress for loooooooooooooooong, uncertain security checks are over at least.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest frustrate
Hi,

When did CO asked you to provide documents for work experience?

I did send each and every relevant document right at the start of lodgement and my CO never asked about anything else. I think no verification was done either (at least not in my knowledge). The only painfully long phase was security clearance that took 13/14 months.

Guest frustrate
Thanks for the great news frustrate. Hope you get the visa without further delay.

Thank you very much bro...I hope your turn is not any farther now

Thanks God

Finally we have got our visa

i am from HR Country ..today i have got my visa. thanks to all PIO member....

My CO send my details for internal & external Check on 25-02-2011. and finally 18-05-2011 CO asked for Updated Original PCC for me from UAE.:smile:

Name: Aujdin and OH (Joynaldx)

Date of Visa application: 03-12-2010

Nationality: Bangladesh

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Structural Engineer

Visa type: SC176

Which State Sponsored: SA

Date of SMP Applications: 27-10-2010

Date of SMP Granted: 24-11-2010

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: Cat-3

Medicals submitted: yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: 25 February 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 17-06-2011

Guest Kffahim

I can see ALL(except few) HR applicants including me in this forum are waiting for more than 6 months now. Some are even waiting for more than 12 months. I am just wondering is anybody requested to provide further documents regarding internal checking (e.g. experience,job verification) after waiting for so long or is it we are waiting ONLY for security(external) checks? ANYBODY has experience to share with??? Or any THOUGHTS??

Guest Alibajwa
Alibajwa please check the below mentioned TEXT in RED

"Changes to Security Clearance Arrangements

ASIO will reduce the number of security clearances conducted for applicants for migration to Australia, and is budgeted to save $6.9 million over the next 4 years.

Under the new arrangements, security clearances will only be required where the applicant is likely to be a risk. However, security clearances will still be required for all boat arrivals. Currently, security clearances can lead to significant delays in processing of visa applications - these can take 12 months or more for some countries. This change is a welcome one as it removes a significant processing bottleneck, and it is hoped that processing times for people applying for migration to Australia can be reduced."

HI nusnabasghar!

In my last post, I highlighted that security checks would be speed up only for asylum seekers rather than skilled immigrants. Following was the source of news:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/asio-delegates-security-checks-20110526-1f6id.html

IN this news, there is no slight hint for skilled immigrant security checks fast processing.

HI nusnabasghar!

In my last post, I highlighted that security checks would be speed up only for asylum seekers rather than skilled immigrants. Following was the source of news:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/asio-delegates-security-checks-20110526-1f6id.html

IN this news, there is no slight hint for skilled immigrant security checks fast processing.

Its because media is only concerned with refugees not skilled migration. Even when there is massive changes like new SOL, new point system, complete revamp of priority processing, it barely gets a mention.

HI nusnabasghar!

I think we should wait for Official announcement, if you can see both links yours and mine ... these two contradicts each other .... mine said "security checks will be conducted for all BOAT ARRIVALS" on the other hand your link says they will speedup Security checks ... in this case i think only DIAC can shed some light ... so in my opinion, Wait and see thats the only option left for us now.

I think we should wait for Official announcement, if you can see both links yours and mine ... these two contradicts each other .... mine said "security checks will be conducted for all BOAT ARRIVALS" on the other hand your link says they will speedup Security checks ... in this case i think only DIAC can shed some light ... so in my opinion, Wait and see thats the only option left for us now.

I dont think theres any contradiction. Refugees will still get scrutinised by CO but it might not take more than a day or two. Thats still classified as "security check".

If I am not wrong there wont any difference in security check between boat arrivals and and GSM applicants in the new system.

Guest hellorajshahi

My application is now under security check, CO assigned on 8th June and she also informed that she has sent my application for security check on 09 th June. .

But I have looked that those who got CO in the year 2011 specially after 18th march, most of them get their grant letter within maximum 3 months.

'

Allah knows What is waiting for my case ?

In my online status it shows All "met" except medical and pcc.

I am not understanding " why my medical shows " received" . why dont itz met.

07/04/2011 my medical is refereed

31/05/2011 my medical finalized

But why itz not met, itz shows " received"

Pray for me .

And always wish good news should come early for you.

Regards

Applied on - 29/09/2010, Priority Group - 03, 176 Family Spon. Email - 18/03/11. Medi & PCC done -7/4/11. Medical Finalized : 31/05/11. CO- 08/06/2011. Visa Grant - Waiting

Guest mmhlitu

But dear fellows, in some cases , after geting CO it takes 2/3 months to get visa and it is from Bangladesh. Then my question what about internal and external checks which took 8/9 months. As you know Bangladesh is a HR. I feel all are rediculas response by COs.

But dear fellows, in some cases , after geting CO it takes 2/3 months to get visa and it is from Bangladesh. Then my question what about internal and external checks which took 8/9 months. As you know Bangladesh is a HR. I feel all are rediculas response by COs.

I dont get your question. Security checks take anywhere from few months to 2 years in extreme cases. There is no specific rule that BD applicants must wait 3 months to get visa.

My application is now under security check, CO assigned on 8th June and she also informed that she has sent my application for security check on 09 th June. .

But I have looked that those who got CO in the year 2011 specially after 18th march, most of them get their grant letter within maximum 3 months.

'

I got CO on 28th March. In a weeks time it will be 3 months.

Right! so we gonna be on the same boat ( ever lasting wait)

What is the recent security checking time for Pakistanis? It is 10 to 15 months for Iranians at present

Regards

From the time-lines of few of my friends it is around 13 months....infact 2 of my friends got their visa after exactly 13 months....so I guess it is the same as 10-15 months...But this is from my friend's personal experience..

From the time-lines of few of my friends it is around 13 months....infact 2 of my friends got their visa after exactly 13 months....so I guess it is the same as 10-15 months...But this is from my friend's personal experience..

Can we complain to IGIS ? do they still deal with security checks ?

Can we complain to IGIS ? do they still deal with security checks ?

I already did but got an automated response that my case is less than 12 months old so they will not forward it to ASIO. For IGIS to inquire from ASIO the case needs to be more than 12 months old.

Archived