gr8leo87

Guest Kffahim
Great...best of luck for the remaining steps :wink:

Thanks for the wishes Ezy Going, Hope you get your results pretty soon.....

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kffahim
When did you lodge and when were you assigned a co ?

When were you requested to submit form 80 ?

Regards

Hi Reza,

I applied mid of july '10. My CO assigned on 17th Sep 2010...and asked for form 80.

Guest Kffahim
Congrats mate. Looks like your security checks are complete. It seems average time from Bangladeshis are 9-10 months approximately.

Would be great if you can add your timeline here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmAymNWdxdRHdFlLaFZOUW00T3d0SWxCMVZIYVR3aXc&hl=en_GB#gid=0

Or post it and I'll copy it there.

Hi User Name,

Yes..I think Bangladeshis getting it done within 8-10 months.

I don't have all the exact dates in my mind right now. But I applied for SA SS first week of April, got my SS end of June, Applied for sc176 mid of july. CO assigned and asked for form80 in 17 Sep. Now today asked for medical and pcc.

Regards

Guest Choksy

Hi Ezi Going and all other members of PIO

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY.........WHAT A WAITING, IT ALL STARTED 6-9MONTH PROCESS, FINALLY HERE WE GOT IT.

Hi Ezi Going.....thank you for your advise and wish you good luck and pray that u get ur visa soon

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY.........WHAT A WAITING, IT ALL STARTED 6-9MONTH PROCESS, FINALLY HERE WE GOT IT.

Hi Ezi Going.....thank you for your advise and wish you good luck and pray that u get ur visa soon

Congrats which country are you from?

Guest Choksy
Congrats which country are you from?

Hi

I am from India but settled in UAE for almost 20yrs now.

Hi Choksy, Many congratulations...... I am really happy for you :smile:

I also got the CO on 1st Feb as you but I am still waiting so please pray that I also get the good news of visa grant soon :cute:

Guest Choksy
Hi Choksy, Many congratulations...... I am really happy for you :smile:

I also got the CO on 1st Feb as you but I am still waiting so please pray that I also get the good news of visa grant soon :cute:

Hi Ezi

Thanks....sure buddy......you will get visa soon, I will pray for you. I did pray for all the people who are waiting for visa for last many years. I am sure this year many grants will be there as it is now become tough for new applicants to apply now.

I thought I should share my update with all you guys. I'm from Bangladesh and SA sponsored sc176 applicant. Today I was requested to provide my medical and pcc exactly after 9 months of CO assigned. Lets see what happens now....

Congratulations ... at last after 9 months your CO DELIVERED SOME THING to celebrate :biggrin::wink:

Hi guys,

My agent has sent an informal inquiry email to the CO. By informal I mean that its not a PLE. He has sent my PCCs to the CO and also asked that if anything is remaining then the CO should tell us. In addition he has also asked an update on my case. Now lets see what happens. I applied to DIAC in Nov 2010 & CO was allocated on 1st of Feb. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. :rolleyes:

Is it a prerequisite to wait for 1 year (from CO allocation) before raising the matter with IGIS?

It is sort of a pre-requisite. While filling up the online form for contacting IGIS they ask you the date of lodgement of application. When you type in the date & if the date is less than 12 months it will show you that IGIS may not forward your query to ASIO as your case is less than 12 months old. Then after 1-2 days you will also receive an automated email from IGIS stating that they have not forwarded your query to ASIO since your case is not more than 12 months old.

Here is the automated reply that I got from IGIS:

Dear applicant

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application. I have decided not to make an inquiry at this time as you applied for the visa less than one year ago and there has been insufficient time to process the case. If you still do not know the outcome by 10 November 2011 (that is, 12 months from the date of your application) you are welcome to contact my office again.

I suggest you maintain contact with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about the status of the visa application.

I hope it helps.

Guest frustrate
have anyone with more than 1 year old case recently contacted IGIS? did they reply?

Yes, I did. I received two responses from them. First response was the typical template-reply that told nothing useful. Moreover, they advise to keep in touch with DIAC for any information.

In second response that came 3/4 days later informed that there is no such case with ASIO (with my credentials) so I should contact DIAC for further information.

Meanwhile, since I already got Medical call from DIAC so it simply means that my checks are over and I should proceed with next phase.

Cutting short, it is very difficult to get any valid info even if you write to IGIS. Moreover, they'll reply only if your case has got long enough times (which seams a year at least for Pakistani applicants).

Regards

So its date of application not CO allocation?

I lodged May 2010 but only got CO on March 2011.

you are definitely eligible for an inquiry from ASIO. You should lodge an inquiry from IGIS. You can fill up an online complaint from here:

http://www.igis.gov.au/complaints/form/index.cfm

And please do share their response with us. Best of luck :rolleyes:

what do u mean by IGIS AND ASIO?

ASIO is Australia's national security intelligence service.... its like MI6 for UK or CIA for USA.... They also provide security assessments and protective security advice. Security assessments cover, for example, people holding or seeking national security clearances; in the case of some visa applicants, whether they should be allowed to enter or stay in Australia.

ASIO is answerable or accountable to IGIS where IGIS is the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security (IGIS), which is an independent statutory office holder who reviews the activities of the agencies which collectively comprise the Australian Intelligence Community (AIC).

To to logde a complaint to ASIO one has to lodge an inquiry to IGIS. Only IGIS can then forward your query to ASIO.

Guys, if SOL changes again and occupation gets removed, does it mean we get dumped to cat 4 and wait to be allocated?

I know few people with CO got thrown back in line last July when they had a major shake up of the system.

No man :( ... dont say this .... My occupation is not on current SOL ... I m CAT-2 SMP applicant ... dont think that DIAC will DE-ASSIGN your CO. they have done it once when priority processing changes were announced on Sep 23 2009 ....

After that, another major change was announced on 08, Feb. 2010. in which they clearly mentioned that those applicants who have CO will be processed. so i dont think they will do it again....

Archived