gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But my question is what is the meaning of this reply will they contact me again or they have told me to contact diac as it is not clear to me

Its a typical email from IGIS..... they did not give you any useful information and they also mentioned that you should not contact them in future and told you to contact DIAC....now you can not contact your CO otherwise he will also tell you not to contact him for 6 more months...so there is nothing you can do other than to wait.

But 8 months i sent them the same mail their response was this

My inquiry has revealed that ASIO has received a referral for a security assessment in this matter. To ensure that all applications are treated fairly, ASIO processes these cases in the order in which they are received, unless they are allocated priority by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). I have been advised that this case is being considered in accordance with the priority allocated to it by DIAC.

Guest Kffahim
Probably your external security checks are over and now before granting you the visa or asking for PCC & Meds the CO wants to make sure that there is not any other change in your status. Best of luck to you.:wink:

By the way which country do you belong to and what are your time lines?

Dear Ezy Going,

Thanks for replying..do you know anybody going through the same experience as mine?

I'm from Bangladesh. I don't have all the exact dates in my mind right now. But I applied for SA SS first week of April '10, got my SA SS end of June '10, Applied for sc176 mid of july '10. CO assigned and asked for form80 on 17 Sep '10. Asked for medical and pcc on 21 June '11. Now again want the update 80...These all are only confusing..

There are guys from LR countries who are not even asked for form 80 ever in their PR process but look at us...

BTW, I can see you are SA sponsored as well. Where are you from?

Regards

Dear Ezy Going,

Thanks for replying..do you know anybody going through the same experience as mine?

I'm from Bangladesh. I don't have all the exact dates in my mind right now. But I applied for SA SS first week of April '10, got my SA SS end of June '10, Applied for sc176 mid of july '10. CO assigned and asked for form80 on 17 Sep '10. Asked for medical and pcc on 21 June '11. Now again want the update 80...These all are only confusing..

There are guys from LR countries who are not even asked for form 80 ever in their PR process but look at us...

BTW, I can see you are SA sponsored as well. Where are you from?

Regards

Hi Kffahim, I am from Pakistan & yes I knew a couple of my Pakistani friends who were asked to resubmit their form 80 before they were granted visa. As I said they want to make sure that nothing has changed in your status or if something has changed then they update the change in your application..my personal idea is that the changes which matter are your family status (married/unmarried/divorced), Children related, and job related.

I think your visa grant is coming soon because the normal processing time for aplicants of Bangladesh is 9 months. This was posted by User name on one of the posts in this thread.

Nah man, Bangladesh is at least 9 months. One guy got it in 2 months, must have gotten lucky. I've been waiting for 3.5 already. India-China is like any other, most get a direct grant if everything is up to date.

From my observation this is the timeframe from longest:

1) Iranians (15 months)

2) Pakistanis (10-15 months)

3) Refugees (11 months doesn't matter where you come from)

4) Bangladeshis (9-10 months average)

5) Other mid-east countries

Guest frustrate
But my question is what is the meaning of this reply will they contact me again or they have told me to contact diac as it is not clear to me

I guess they'll inform you later (as it happened to me) but still not sure as there is no standard practice....

Guest Kffahim
Hi Kffahim, I am from Pakistan & yes I knew a couple of my Pakistani friends who were asked to resubmit their form 80 before they were granted visa. As I said they want to make sure that nothing has changed in your status or if something has changed then they update the change in your application..my personal idea is that the changes which matter are your family status (married/unmarried/divorced), Children related, and job related.

I think your visa grant is coming soon because the normal processing time for aplicants of Bangladesh is 9 months. This was posted by User name on one of the posts in this thread.

Hi Ezy Going,

I discussed with my agent about form80 update...got an idea that due to change of my address(from US to BD) there is a possibility that an update might have beed asked. What were the situations in your friends' cases?? Did they have any status change of this sort??

And from "update request" to "visa grant"...what was the time frame...wud be great if you can give me any idea...

Thanks again...

I guess they'll inform you later (as it happened to me) but still not sure as there is no standard practice....

dear frustate

Could you pls tel me what was their response later so i can have an idea what sort of help they provide.

Regards

Guest frustrate
dear frustate

Could you pls tel me what was their response later so i can have an idea what sort of help they provide.

Regards

The second reply came after a few days of first reply and IGIS informed that there is no such case with ASIO (with my credentials) and I should contact DIAC for further information in this regard.

One thing they can do (and they don't because DIAC is dumb) is put all applicants from their "blacklisted countries" into security checks as soon as they applied.

Take my case for example. I applied in may 2010 and got CO on March 2011. There was a good 10 months in between lodgement and CO allocation, which is how long it takes to do security checks on applicants from my country.

So by the time I gotten CO, the checks could have been on CO's desk and my case closed for good.

Does any body know how I can contact DIAC through email ?

I wanna ask a question regarding priority processing but not through my online application

Regards

Fill in the enquiry form on the website. You will get same cut n paste that might not answer your question.

You can always ask here.

Does any body know how I can contact DIAC through email ?

I wanna ask a question regarding priority processing but not through my online application

Regards

Hi Reza, You can contact DIAC on this link:

This link is other than the PLE link where and is only for complaint or compliment for DIAC.

Guest bilaln30

My consultant sent me the following email in the last week of june. I couldn't find this announcement at the DIAC website. Could anyone validate this processing arrangement???

"The Department is reaching the limit of the number of applications to be approved this financial year ending 30 June 2011. The Department of Immigration have made a commitment that in July 2011 - June 2012 program year they expect to finalise all Priority 2 and Priority 3, and some (around 10,000) Priority 4 case. The Department of Immigration will be processing in an order of lodgement starting with the oldest first, which are likely to be pre September 2007 lodged application".

Guest Alibajwa

Today my medicals are done. I have undertake the medicals without request of CO. X-ray reports were OK.

So all requirements at my ends are complete including medicals and PCC. Ball is in Australian court and wait game is on :-(

Guest Alibajwa
Why did you do it without CO's request? There 99% likelihood of your application taking more than a year. You just got CO in March.

Hmmm.... 4 months already passed for security checks. I assumed that if security checks are taking on average 1 year for applicants from Pakistan, this means I have to wait 8 more months. Medicals are valid for 1 year. So still after completion of security checks (assuming it will not take more than 1 year) my security checks will be valid for 4 more months.

Also, there are cases that security checks were completed in less than 1 year for Pakistani applicants. So no worries.... :-)

Guest Alibajwa

One more thing I have observed during medicals that there were 22 applicants to be tested for Aus immigration today only from Lahore. 22 applicants in single day means lot of Pakistani's are getting requests for medicals and PCC.

Hmmm.... 4 months already passed for security checks. I assumed that if security checks are taking on average 1 year for applicants from Pakistan, this means I have to wait 8 more months. Medicals are valid for 1 year. So still after completion of security checks (assuming it will not take more than 1 year) my security checks will be valid for 4 more months.

Also, there are cases that security checks were completed in less than 1 year for Pakistani applicants. So no worries.... :-)

Hi Ali, My case is almost exactly like your with almost same time lines (Just 1 month ahead of you in every case). I got my SA SS on 2-11-10 and then submitted my application to DIAC on 10-11-10. I got CO on 1st of Feb 11 and I also did my meds & submitted my PCs in end of April with out the CO asking for it. My reason for doing meds was that though I am from Pakistan but currently I am in a country which does not have any panel doctor. So, I got my meds done from Pak in my vacations. What profession are you from?

What team is your's by the way, mine is Team 6, CO named Mr. Bew.

Please do share any update when you get any from your CO.

Guest Alibajwa
Hi Ali, My case is almost exactly like your with almost same time lines (Just 1 month ahead of you in every case). I got my SA SS on 2-11-10 and then submitted my application to DIAC on 10-11-10. I got CO on 1st of Feb 11 and I also did my meds & submitted my PCs in end of April with out the CO asking for it. My reason for doing meds was that though I am from Pakistan but currently I am in a country which does not have any panel doctor. So, I got my meds done from Pak in my vacations. What profession are you from?

What team is your's by the way, mine is Team 6, CO named Mr. Bew.

Please do share any update when you get any from your CO.

Hi Ezy!

I am civil engineer by profession. Mine is team 2. I will definitely share updates with you guys. You are electronics engineer by profession?

Hi Ezy!

I am civil engineer by profession. Mine is team 2. I will definitely share updates with you guys. You are electronics engineer by profession?

My profession is Telecom (previously electronics).... but I am actually getting a bi frustrated by the wait. Although I shouldn't be because there are people who have waited 2-3 years. so I asked my agent to send a PLE on 1st of July. But I got a very general response from CO that my case is under routine checks and I will be informed if something is needed from my side :confused:

One more thing I have observed during medicals that there were 22 applicants to be tested for Aus immigration today only from Lahore. 22 applicants in single day means lot of Pakistani's are getting requests for medicals and PCC.

which includes applicants for student visas, spouse visas, parents visas etc etc etc.

Guest Lori2011
My consultant sent me the following email in the last week of june. I couldn't find this announcement at the DIAC website. Could anyone validate this processing arrangement???

"The Department is reaching the limit of the number of applications to be approved this financial year ending 30 June 2011. The Department of Immigration have made a commitment that in July 2011 - June 2012 program year they expect to finalise all Priority 2 and Priority 3, and some (around 10,000) Priority 4 case. The Department of Immigration will be processing in an order of lodgement starting with the oldest first, which are likely to be pre September 2007 lodged application".

What does this mean???

Archived