gr8leo87

A freind of mine applied in April and submitted his Form 80 in May 2010 after CO told him to do so.After a year in May 2011 he has been told to update his Form 80 and provide some more information and fill in gaps , the mail was marked as urgent.Has anyone else encountered this ?

I was told to amend my form 80 after I got CO coz I didnt fill it in properly first time.

Your friends case is strange coz normally CO checks form 80 and 1221 before sending those out for security checks. Shouldn't have taken a year for that.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told to amend my form 80 after I got CO coz I didnt fill it in properly first time.

Yep that happened before on May 2010 as well where he re submitted it.And during that year whenever he sent a PLE he got a response that his case is under security checks and then in May 2011 he was asked to update his Form 80 and provide some more information urgently.Could this mean that someone in the external agency has looked at his case now or will he have to wait for another year ?

Yep that happened before on May 2010 as well where he re submitted it.And during that year whenever he sent a PLE he got a response that his case is under security checks and then in May 2011 he was asked to update his Form 80 and provide some more information urgently.Could this mean that someone in the external agency has looked at his case now or will he have to wait for another year ?

The actual checks don't take a year to complete. Its the LONGGGGG queue that takes so much time for us.

/I think.

The actual checks don't take a year to complete. Its the LONGGGGG queue that takes so much time for us.

/I think.

Thats true but if someone is out of the queue and the case has been looked and an update is required then that doesnt mean that when he resubmits the form that it will go in the queue again? Does it ? .It should go back to the person who is assessing it at that time. Thats the main question :biggrin:

Both the recent information and medicals have to be up to date as of a year when the Visa is approved....it 'could' quite possibly mean that your friend might be heading for the finish line within the next few months or a year at the most.

if ur friend has been under external checks for the past one year then he wont have to be under external checks for another year then. his grant should be soon. please update us whenever he gets his visa granted.

Guest rupani
A freind of mine applied in April and submitted his Form 80 in May 2010 after CO told him to do so.After a year in May 2011 he has been told to update his Form 80 and provide some more information and fill in gaps , the mail was marked as urgent.Has anyone else encountered this ?

Hi,

I applied in May 2008 and CO was assigned in August 2010. I have been told that my case is in internal/external checks.

Last week she also asked me to update my Form 80 (updation for Job and address for the period August 2010 to date) and sent her the updated form 80. She said external checks can not be completed with out latest updates.

I think this is a positive sign.:wink:

Guest frustrate
Hi,

I applied in May 2008 and CO was assigned in August 2010. I have been told that my case is in internal/external checks.

Last week she also asked me to update my Form 80 (updation for Job and address for the period August 2010 to date) and sent her the updated form 80. She said external checks can not be completed with out latest updates.

I think this is a positive sign.:wink:

Such statements simply add to the confusion about the routine processing methodologies of Aussies authorities. There are many who submitted form80 during early months of 2010 and their cases are still under routine processing (which is most probably security clearance by ASIO). If we suppose that external checks cannot be completed without latest updates then why did not all those applicants received same request from COs? For instance, I submitted my form80 in Mar 2010 and until this time there is no update on that except that my application is under routine checking, so why did I not get the request to provide latest updates? Just surprising how DIAC processes cases....very strange...

Guest rupani
Such statements simply add to the confusion about the routine processing methodologies of Aussies authorities. There are many who submitted form80 during early months of 2010 and their cases are still under routine processing (which is most probably security clearance by ASIO). If we suppose that external checks cannot be completed without latest updates then why did not all those applicants received same request from COs? For instance, I submitted my form80 in Mar 2010 and until this time there is no update on that except that my application is under routine checking, so why did I not get the request to provide latest updates? Just surprising how DIAC processes cases....very strange...

:confused:

Guest koko1
Dear Koko,

I did received a letter from Natural Justice regarding the adversed information given by my previous employer when they conducted phone interview for my job verification. See link below.

After all the messed up, we're so happy that everything turns out fine. Got our visa! :biggrin:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/105056-notice-natural-justice.html

Hi Tazmania,

Please, how long did it take them to decide on your application after you responded to the Natural Justice? Did they have to wait for whole 28 days to pass after issue of Natural Justice before they took decision on your application? I would really appreciate if you can enlighten me. Thank you

Regards,

Koko1

Probably there isnt anything missing in your form 80 :biggrin:

Guest frustrate
Probably there isnt anything missing in your form 80 :biggrin:

This is the major concern as I know there are gaps in the education history...

This is the major concern as I know there are gaps in the education history...

Well if they require that you should fix it then they will contact you.I think you should wait.

Guest frustrate
Well if they require that you should fix it then they will contact you.I think you should wait.

Wait is the most painful and killing thing..... When you see people with same particulars are getting their visas granted and you're stuck in a black-hole of routine/security checks, it becomes a pain. I have a crystal clear record without having a single conviction in whole life then why the hell is this security clearance taking so long. In fact this is not security clearance which is taking this long, this is actually mismanagement and the non-professional way of handling cases. How is it possible that one person with same particulars get visa in 12 months and the other (with very same credentials) is waiting even after 2 years??? I'd simply call it injustice and unfair...which is against their slogan of fairness and justice

Here is the reply i got from my CO regarding Application status Inquiry today:

"We are undertaking routine document checks.

Some checks are undertaken directly from this office, some by posts, some by other agencies acting on our behalf. As soon as we have the results we will continue processing your application and provide requests for further information.

It is difficult to say exactly how long the check will take as there are many variables.

I can confirm I am following up on the status of your application on a regular basis.

You will be contacted if we require additional information to process your application. I strongly advise you not to provide any further informaion or undertake health examinations etc. until you receive advice from this office to proceed.

At this time I would not expect the checks to be completed within the next 6 months although GSM Adelaide is taking all steps to have the checks finalised at the earliest time.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Please do not make status enquiries until at least November 2011. I will advise if anything further is required before that time."

Wait is the most painful and killing thing..... When you see people with same particulars are getting their visas granted and you're stuck in a black-hole of routine/security checks, it becomes a pain. I have a crystal clear record without having a single conviction in whole life then why the hell is this security clearance taking so long. In fact this is not security clearance which is taking this long, this is actually mismanagement and the non-professional way of handling cases. How is it possible that one person with same particulars get visa in 12 months and the other (with very same credentials) is waiting even after 2 years??? I'd simply call it injustice and unfair...which is against their slogan of fairness and justice

Join the club man. Its depressing to say the least. Especially for people like me that got allocated like 2 months ago expecting a grant in 3 days only to figure out it will take up to a year coz of these checks.

Guest frustrate

Some checks are undertaken directly from this office, some by posts, some by other agencies acting on our behalf. As soon as we have the results we will continue processing your application and provide requests for further information.

It is difficult to say exactly how long the check will take as there are many variables.

I can confirm I am following up on the status of your application on a regular basis.

You will be contacted if we require additional information to process your application. I strongly advise you not to provide any further informaion or undertake health examinations etc. until you receive advice from this office to proceed.

At this time I would not expect the checks to be completed within the next 6 months although GSM Adelaide is taking all steps to have the checks finalised at the earliest time.

Please do not make status enquiries until at least November 2011. I will advise if anything further is required before that time."

Just prepare yourself for a long, boring rather killing wait state that could last for years rather months....

Anyone received any random email from their CO telling them that their application is undergoing routine checks and will be finalised soon?

I got one day before. Random meaning me or my agent didnt send any enquiry, CO just emailed my agent out of blue.

my application is under external check since august 2010 :( or may be even before that :(

This reply is terrible! Why shouldn't you inquire the status of your application until Nov 2011?

Where are you from ?

I was preparing to send an status inquiry to my CO and am worried to get the same reply

Regards

Hi Jimm,

My timelines are very much similar to yours. I was asked for Form 80 and other stuff on 1st Feb (about 1 month before you). I have not yet asked my CO for an update. But considering people from HR, who have been waiting for more than 12 months, Nov is not bad. I hope you get the Visa by Nov without even contacting your CO.

I was also planning to ask for update from my CO in 1st week of June but since we both have the same timeline so I think if I send an email to CO in June, I will get the same sort of reply. So, I have decided now to delay and ask for update in August. I will share the response with you guys.

Hope for the best.

Take care

Hi Ezy Going

Yes i agree with you.November 2011 is not bad as people are waiting for more then a year or so. I have also submitted my police Clearance with this inquiry and was planning to do medicals but after this mail am holding it for now.

6 months CO is saying for checks maybe they are completed earlier"although GSM Adelaide is taking all steps to have the checks finalised at the earliest time"

who knows,I am hoping for good.

Best of Luck to you too.

Regards

Hi all

I am from a HR country .., and I got my Visa granted today after Internal checks etc ... so dont lose hope

My time line is below.

In my case internal checks were just job verifications.

Wish you all good luck

Archived