Arrived Brisbane 22 Dec, flew to Perth 5th January 2011!,

Guest Nando65

Guest Nando65

Hello to all!!

Yes, we have been slack posting on here, getting ourselves a little settled!!!

We left London on 15th December, spent 5 days in Bangkok, very hot but a great experience. We then flew to Brissie to catch up with friends, had a fab time. Organised hubbies tax file number etc, and did the tourist things, coasts etc.

We were going to get the camper and drive over to Perth however decided, due to the weather and the challenge of getting a suitable camper, we flew out of Brisbane on 5th January and arrived in lovely Perth at midnight of the 5th.

We luckily found accommodation before our arrival and now living at Rockingham. We visited Rockingham beach and Freemantle on Thursday and Friday we decided to search for transport. Popped into a Kawasaki dealer and got a great deal so hubbie is now the proud owner of a Vulcan cruiser, which has been a huge help after jumping from buses to trains to get around.

Thanks to you for the advise regarding the necessary paperwork to bring with us from London, has been a huge help!!!

So we are staying put here, love the fact the weather, although warm, it isn't as sticky as Brissie and we just love the beaches, absolutely gorgeous and you can live so close to them and be only 20 minutes from Perth city centre is just great.

We are off to sort hubbie's medicare card and get mine updated. Well, sorry for rambling and for being so slack to come back on and thank you all for your support and laughs, will be sure to update more regularly!!!

If anyone would like to meet up here in Perth that would be great, we have the bike now so can travel, it would be great to have a meet up so if you are interested let us know.

Great to be home and hubbie is just loving the way of life here, the weather, the people, he can't get over the service and the chilled way of life, so very happy bunnies all round!!!!

Be sure to let us know if you would like to meet, it will be great to put faces to names or even if you want to make new friends, as we are!!!

All the best to those of you waiting for your visas, well worth the wait I can tell you!

Hugs from Nando and Jane X

:notworthy::biggrin::jiggy::yes:

Guest rache&matt

Hi Nando and Jane,

Well, cant beleive you are there and on your second city already!!!!

Just wanted to say hope that all your friends and family in Brissi are safe and away from the water. I have many friends in Brissi and all thankfully are safe.

Enjoy Perth, hope you settle good and I will be hoping to catch up when we get there.

Rache

Hey Nando and Jayne

doesn't seem 5 minutes ago you were waiting for your visa and now there you both are already settled and loving it.

We are still waiting on visa as having to add my son has put it back a bit but hopefully mid feb, although still gotta sell the house so Oz to us feels a million miles away.

But well done to you good luck for the future and have a FAB new life

Love Laura and Matt

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hello to all!!

Yes, we have been slack posting on here, getting ourselves a little settled!!!

We left London on 15th December, spent 5 days in Bangkok, very hot but a great experience. We then flew to Brissie to catch up with friends, had a fab time. Organised hubbies tax file number etc, and did the tourist things, coasts etc.

We were going to get the camper and drive over to Perth however decided, due to the weather and the challenge of getting a suitable camper, we flew out of Brisbane on 5th January and arrived in lovely Perth at midnight of the 5th.

We luckily found accommodation before our arrival and now living at Rockingham. We visited Rockingham beach and Freemantle on Thursday and Friday we decided to search for transport. Popped into a Kawasaki dealer and got a great deal so hubbie is now the proud owner of a Vulcan cruiser, which has been a huge help after jumping from buses to trains to get around.

Thanks to you for the advise regarding the necessary paperwork to bring with us from London, has been a huge help!!!

So we are staying put here, love the fact the weather, although warm, it isn't as sticky as Brissie and we just love the beaches, absolutely gorgeous and you can live so close to them and be only 20 minutes from Perth city centre is just great.

We are off to sort hubbie's medicare card and get mine updated. Well, sorry for rambling and for being so slack to come back on and thank you all for your support and laughs, will be sure to update more regularly!!!

If anyone would like to meet up here in Perth that would be great, we have the bike now so can travel, it would be great to have a meet up so if you are interested let us know.

Great to be home and hubbie is just loving the way of life here, the weather, the people, he can't get over the service and the chilled way of life, so very happy bunnies all round!!!!

Be sure to let us know if you would like to meet, it will be great to put faces to names or even if you want to make new friends, as we are!!!

All the best to those of you waiting for your visas, well worth the wait I can tell you!

Hugs from Nando and Jane X

:notworthy::biggrin::jiggy::yes:

:hug:Jane , so glad you have arrived safe and sound , you sound so organised lol

Rockingham ah nice !thats where we will be going to possibly if we get the visa's :tongue:

:hug:Brides x

Guest Nando65
Hey Nando and Jayne

doesn't seem 5 minutes ago you were waiting for your visa and now there you both are already settled and loving it.

We are still waiting on visa as having to add my son has put it back a bit but hopefully mid feb, although still gotta sell the house so Oz to us feels a million miles away.

But well done to you good luck for the future and have a FAB new life

Love Laura and Matt

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey Laura and Matt

Great to hear from you both!!! Hang in there, not long now and you guys will be doing the same!! It will certainly be worth it once you are here, well worth the wait. Nando has never been to Oz and he absolutely loves it. We do have a couple of videos if you want a giggle!! If you PM your email address we can forward to you?

Anyway be sure to stay in touch, will see you when you get here!! Be sure to bring your sunscreen, it is alot stronger here, I am the pround owner of factor 50 now, after a roasting, and used protection, obviously not enough!!!

Take care and hear from you soon, not long and we will be laughing about it all when you get here!!!!!

Jane and Nando (Nando65):jiggy:

Guest Nando65
Great post, sounds like you are having a great time. I love that area of Perth, it will defo be where we settle (if we ever get there of course!!).

Wishing you a great new life together :yes:

Cheers Saz, all good here, hang in there, it will come and once it does you don't stop trying to get organised. It will be worth the wait!!!

Have a great weekend and see you soon!!:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nando and Jane! We are so glad that you guys are settling in nicely and loving Perth! :)

And you have a bike too! The vulcan! Well done mate and hope you guys enjoy every bit of it! :)

Take care guys and wish ye all the best.

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest Nando65
Hey Nando and Jane! We are so glad that you guys are settling in nicely and loving Perth! :)

And you have a bike too! The vulcan! Well done mate and hope you guys enjoy every bit of it! :)

Take care guys and wish ye all the best.

Cheers

B!K3R

Hey my friend

So sorry we have not been on line for a while!!! We just topped up our dongle and saw your message!!!

How are you guys settling in, so hope you haven't struggled too much with the floods there and you and the family are ok?

Any luck with work and how are the family finding things. We are loving Perth, we bought the bike after 1 day, we popped out to look for transport, car or bike, first bike shop I found her!!! 2 hours later we drove out with her, will send you a video mate on the day we got her.

Have been cruising and loving it! We are so pleased we moved to Perth, I found Brissie rather humid and the weather here, warm but not sweaty and sticky so all good my friend.

Let us know how you are doing and if you fancy a trip here, we will get the room ready!!! All the best mate and stay in touch. Will email you directly the vid's for a laugh.

Take care mate

Nando and Jane :jiggy:

Hey my friend

So sorry we have not been on line for a while!!! We just topped up our dongle and saw your message!!!

How are you guys settling in, so hope you haven't struggled too much with the floods there and you and the family are ok?

Any luck with work and how are the family finding things. We are loving Perth, we bought the bike after 1 day, we popped out to look for transport, car or bike, first bike shop I found her!!! 2 hours later we drove out with her, will send you a video mate on the day we got her.

Have been cruising and loving it! We are so pleased we moved to Perth, I found Brissie rather humid and the weather here, warm but not sweaty and sticky so all good my friend.

Let us know how you are doing and if you fancy a trip here, we will get the room ready!!! All the best mate and stay in touch. Will email you directly the vid's for a laugh.

Take care mate

Nando and Jane :jiggy:

Hi Nando and Jane,

It's all good here :) The floods were awful but did not affect us cause we are staying many km away. We are really loving it and the people are so nice! Been around a bit in these 2 weeks and so far we love it. Our daughter started school and she settled in very easily. She said she wants to stay in OZ cause its too much fun! :laugh:

Currently, we are searching for work, not an easy task but we will get there soon. True, its a bit hot and humid, but to be honest we are used to this weather, so nothing is new. After late afternoon is quite fresh though (especially here near the bay) and then there is always a pool minutes away ;)

We are glad you guys are loving it and the bike too! :biggrin: We would love to visit Perth one day so you never know ;)

Take care and enjoy your new adventure!

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi Nando & Jane,

Glad to see you are settling in and enjoying Perth. We had the same feelings about the place when we first arrived and still love it just as much 20 years on. Live near the beach, make the most of it, every weekend is like a mini holiday. Don't miss going away anymore as it's so nice where we live full time. Seen a couple of posts on different threads in the last couple of days reffering to Perth and WA as the "arsehole of the world".

One of the posters came from Canberra!!!! and the other had not even visited.

I reckon keep that story out there and we'll enjoy it all the more with less people. Don't want our beaches to become too packed eh.

All the best.

Guest Nando65
seen any bogans yet up atshopping center:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::jiggy:

Left those in London mate! If this is as bad as it gets, bring it on!!! hee hee

Guest Nando65
Hi Nando & Jane,

Glad to see you are settling in and enjoying Perth. We had the same feelings about the place when we first arrived and still love it just as much 20 years on. Live near the beach, make the most of it, every weekend is like a mini holiday. Don't miss going away anymore as it's so nice where we live full time. Seen a couple of posts on different threads in the last couple of days reffering to Perth and WA as the "arsehole of the world".

One of the posters came from Canberra!!!! and the other had not even visited.

I reckon keep that story out there and we'll enjoy it all the more with less people. Don't want our beaches to become too packed eh.

All the best.

Totally agree with you my friend!!! 20 years, well that tells it all and you are so right, to be that close to the beach is like being on holiday, all good.

You will always get the bashes my friend but you are right, let's keep it that way, the quiet beaches, loads of room to move, is definitely the way to go!

If you fancy meeting up let us know, it would be great to have a good old natter and enjoy the sun, a barbie in our "butt cheek side of the world"!!!

Cheers mate.

Nando and Jane

Guest Nando65

Well POI's update, although AGAIN..........it has been a while since our last post!!

We are loving it all here in sunny Perth! Beaches are just amazing, the fishing, well, only two of us so hubbie has slowed down on that front a bit, too many fish each time but so good on the barbie, I tell you, you can't beat it!

The tax file numbers, medicare cards are done, just to let you know, although probably already posted on here.

3 months on the UK driver's licence then you must change it over to a Perth, Oz licence. Be aware you can only transfer the car and motorbike, if you have lorries or any extras, these do not get transferred, you have to re-sit these tests.

If you are a tradie, be sure to get the white card as soon as you get here, they won't let you on site without it, even as labourers they are asking for the white card. You can get it within one day, register on a website, priced between $50 and $99 course, runs for about 4 hours, you do the safety test and if passed, you get the card.

Again tradies, if you have qualification cards, for scaffolder, electrician etc, you need to get the cards transferred over to the Oz equivalent, be sure to bring all certificates, cards and proof that you have worked with a company for 5 years or more and you also need to prove that in the last 24 months, you have worked in this trade for at least 12 months of the 24 months. It is noted as payslips or other proof from employees, so be sure to bring those with you!!

Mobile phones, you can either buy new one's or be sure to get your phone unlocked before coming here or they charge you to unlock them, it is cheaper to do in the UK. You can then just pay for a new Aussie sim card without getting a whole new phone if you are happy with the one you have.

For work, just thought I would also let you know, if you use recruitment agencies, be sure to bring written references, or so you can email them to the agencies and even for jobs you apply for directly, just to have the proof with you helps minimise delays.

Anyway, I guess I have rambled enough, hope it helps!!! For all of those of you waiting, it will be worth it. Today we went to Point Peron, swimming and fishing, we were the only two on the beach, as it is a little rocky, great for snorkelling and we saw dolphins, a group of six, swim by us as we were out snorkelling, you don't see that in London/Brighton etc!! hee hee

Seriously, love it, haven't felt this relaxed in years, we are just so happy to be here in Perth, the people are great, it is a lovely chilled place and we have the beach just around the corner so all good.

If we get any updates will be sure to add them here, just in case it helps any of you be prepared before you get here. Stay happy, get excited, it will come.

Nando and Jane XXXXXX

True, its a bit hot and humid, but to be honest we are used to this weather, so nothing is new. After late afternoon is quite fresh though (especially here near the bay) and then there is always a pool minutes away ;)

Don't worry B1K3R you will have your revenge in winter when you sit in the non humid cloud free 21c sunshine watching the rainy winter weather they are having in Perth....they only get one summer over there :biglaugh::wink:

Guest Nando65

Biker mate, you just enjoy my friend, and as we said, when you fancy a trip over, say the word, and the rooms will be ready! Will PM you the video as per our last post!

Guest Nando65
:hug:Jane , so glad you have arrived safe and sound , you sound so organised lol

Rockingham ah nice !thats where we will be going to possibly if we get the visa's :tongue:

:hug:Brides x

Bridey hi!!

Great to hear you maybe hear when you get the visa, that would be fab!!! Be sure to let us know when you get the great news.

Hugs and hope all is well with you, your family and the sisters!!! I know I have been slack, just trying to get the job sorted out at the moment and we have been out every day to have a good look around areas etc.

Hugs always

Jane XXX :hug::biggrin:

Left those in London mate! If this is as bad as it gets, bring it on!!! hee hee

am only joking mate i loved it there, was out on my push bike every day ,had a lovelly tan,had to return home for family reasons, but of to melbourne next week , but if i dont like it there its back to perth

gary

Guest Nando65
am only joking mate i loved it there, was out on my push bike every day ,had a lovelly tan,had to return home for family reasons, but of to melbourne next week , but if i dont like it there its back to perth

gary

No worries Gary, we thought you were joking from the icons for sure, know what you mean but all good, after London, the b's are a breeze mate!!

Be sure to enjoy Melbourne, more cosmopolitan than Perth, take care with all those floods going on over there.

Enjoy and let us know how you get on!!

Take care mate

Nando65 (nando and jane):biggrin:

Archived