huntsman spider

Guest jeza

Guest chris955

Remember that most snakes you are likely to come across in suburbia are likely to be harmless, depending on where you are the most common species are Carpet Pythons, Diamond Pythons, Green and Brown Tree Snakes.

I have noticed since the rain we have had lots of spiders in the house, maybe 2 or 3 a day.

Funny enuf im not arsed about snakes which ARE dangerous,just not fussed on spiders,moreso when im asleep im on about,deffo debating a closed in mozzie net:laugh:

Remember that most snakes you are likely to come across in suburbia are likely to be harmless, depending on where you are the most common species are Carpet Pythons, Diamond Pythons, Green and Brown Tree Snakes.

I have noticed since the rain we have had lots of spiders in the house, maybe 2 or 3 a day.

Yeah,but you like them! thx for that chris:skeptical:,anyway ive heard their extinct in SA now:unsure::cute:

Funny enuf im not arsed about snakes which ARE dangerous,just not fussed on spiders,moreso when im asleep im on about,deffo debating a closed in mozzie net:laugh:,bridey,jan was dying to see roos,but when we went to a park her bottle went when a mob of about 20 stood up clocking us like a gang of 4 legged furry hoodies!:yes::biglaugh:

She said" .......ghell,their not behind a fence!":shocked::biglaugh:,she was ok in he end tho!

:biglaugh: The old males remind me of old men ( not sure why lol ) we were on dens great aunts land and they were showing feeding my millie who was 4 that they were great lol :wideeyed:this male just looked at me n thought right she isn't staying there i didn't know what to do :eek: Millie was giggling saying mum its ok he is trying to say hello :biglaugh:

omg @ jan lol !

Guest chris955

Well yes I do but I must admit I don't like them in the bed :laugh:

Yeah,but you like them! thx for that chris:skeptical:,anyway ive heard their extinct in SA now:unsure::cute:

Spider in the house yesterday, didn't know what he was but I was trying to gently knock him back over the step and out the door but he wasn't being obedient so I splattered him on the floor with my shoe. Just don't take any risks, me! :biggrin:

You know there is no need to kill it. It is harmless.

Just let it go outside and you feel better about yourself

Hear, hear - its bad karma to kill a spider indoors anyway.

My eldest had one crawl through his hair in bed Monday night. He was a bit shocked poor little bugga. As was my son. :laugh:

It was captured in a glass and taken out for a midnight ramble.

Not sure I'd agree with this Chris. Probably not in Melbourne.

It would probably be a tiger snake, which are very dangerous.

Guest chris955

That's why I said 'depending on where you are'. In the SE Queensland area it is likely to be a Carpet Snake or Treesnake, in the Sydney region it is likely to be a Diamond Python.

Not sure I'd agree with this Chris. Probably not in Melbourne.

It would probably be a tiger snake, which are very dangerous.

Don't bank on it - I had a lovely surprise from a Huntsman the size of a man's hand in Pakenham. They are out there and that one scared the life out of me as it was in a work car - I wasn't driving but have had a memory blank for work that day!! Working in community mental health didn't help - my clients were supporting me that day lol!!

• 10 years later...
2 hours ago, Rakesh Joshi said:

How big can huntsman spiders get? Should I kill a huntsman spider?

No you should not! They will not do you any harm. Well, not unless you are silly enough to pick one up. I find Tupperware containers with a piece of paper slid under them is easiest for removal. Or if desperate, they may survive the vacuum cleaner. 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2011 at 09:42, shaunkaren said:

Don't bank on it - I had a lovely surprise from a Huntsman the size of a man's hand in Pakenham. They are out there and that one scared the life out of me as it was in a work car - I wasn't driving but have had a memory blank for work that day!! Working in community mental health didn't help - my clients were supporting me that day lol!!

They can hide behind sun visors. That's a shock. Had one on my speedometer once. Bit scary.