Ooops! Got bored of waiting so decided to pregnant instead!

Taz2008

Well, I thought I had it all planned out when we started this visa process! BUT no, the DIAC have changed the rules more times than I have had hot dinners!

Its been a game of snakes and ladders... up we go and then down we go, right to the bottom... up a little way again and oh look... back down to the bottom again! :wub:

Our plan was to be in Australia by now and have a third and final child over there, but as it turns out, 25 months later (or 19 months from application), we could have just got on with it and had a 10 month + child by now, but instead we put our lives on hold, like soooo many others, and decided to wait so we did not jeopardise our visa application!

Well, I got fed up of waiting for the DIAC and decided we could not put life on hold any longer. I am not getting any younger and decided to put our plans in the hands of fate! :biggrin:

So, we decided to get our meds done in March just in case I fell pregnant and just in case we finally got a CO so as to not hold up our application.

I am very happy to say now, that I am 4 months pregnant! - But, now I have a dilemma! Typical! :wideeyed:

We are lucky enough to now fall into Cat 3, and by the looks of it we MIGHT (as long as things don't change again!) get a CO by December... Now, this would be fantastic but I am only allowed to fly up until the end of December. So, it wont be possible (I don't think) to validate until after the baby is born... which is March AND March is when our meds run out!!! Hence our dilemma!!! :goofy:

Does anyone know if we would fall into the "exceptional circumstances" category and they would extend our meds by a few months, so that we could validate after the baby is born?

From what I understand from my agent, we don't have to inform DIAC of the pregnancy until the baby is born or until we know we have a CO... Do you reckon they might by sympathetic to our needs? Or, will this hold up our application once again? Anyone, been in a similar situation???

Would love to hear about anyone else who has got bored of waiting, and how its worked out for you!

Cheers

Tasha :hug:

Very interesting question. I am pretty sure medicals can't be extended beyond the expiry date of 2 years. So, I guess you will have to wait until your baby was born and then re-do the medicals again. I don't think it would be a big issue really. The CO will just ask you to re-do them again. The only problem is that your application will be delayed because of this new development.

Well there are ways of passing the time and that sure sounds like a good one:biggrin:

Our Medicals were extended so its highly possible they may be, but the one thing I have discovered from all of this process is each CO does seem to work by their own rules. So I dont think you will be able to be 100 per cent sure until you get one. Fingers crossed though that all will go well and they will see sense like ours finally did.

What a fantastic reason for there to be concern though, in the best possible way. Ive seen the latest pictures of you and you look bloomin radiant. Good on ya girl:wubclub:

Guest smithys

Hi Tasha,

Sorry can't really answer your question but I'm sure they do extend for reasons and your's would be a valid one.

Other than that I just wanted to say a huge congrats on the baby and some things are meant to be - at least you have something to occupy your minds!!!!!

Sure your CO won't be long now either.

Lots of love and luck xxxxxxxxxx

Ive seen the latest pictures of you and you look bloomin radiant. Good on ya girl:wubclub:

Thanks Cath... feeling quite good at the moment!

I am really glad the first 3 months are out the way now as I was feeling sick all day every day - I thought it would never pass!

:hug:

Guest guest30085

Congratulations :hug:

What lovely news. We cant put life on hold forever whilst the Oz government makes its mind up :wubclub:

Guest VickyMel

Congratulations Tasha !

Sorry I also can't help and hope you get a friendly and sympathetic CO who realises it makes sense to extend your Meds a little.

Its been a game of snakes and ladders... up we go and then down we go, right to the bottom... up a little way again and oh look... back down to the bottom again! :wub:

Mmmm is that what they call it now snakes and ladders - up and down, up and down - must suggest a bit of snakes and ladders to my OH

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to you.

I think there were a few people mulling over the idea of not waiting... and going for it so hopefully you will hear from others and get an answer to your query.

Good on you for going for it - and best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy and getting over there asap.

VickyMel

Guest HoriFTC

Hi Tasha,

first of all congratulation to you and your family on the baby news!

I think if you will get a CO before your medicals will expire you may / should ask the CO for an extension, which as I know might be max 6 months, so in Sep 2011.

So if you will born the baby in app. 5 months (March 2011), then you will have still 6 months for validating your visa.

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, its so nice to have something positive to focus on for a change... I do recommend it! :laugh:

Hello Tash and many congrates even though i already knew :wink:

I dont see why you can't have a case officer now so you can validate your visa's.

I have seen that be the case worth a try :biggrin:

Emma and Gang xxx

Hi Emma,

I worry that if I contact DIAC and ask them to fast track us due to the pregnancy it might back fire on us and they say we have to wait till the baby is born before they give us a CO! Then we would definitely have to do meds again... Plus, its not too fair on others, just because I get pregnant I get a leg up the queue! (Tempting as it may be! LOL!) :hug:

Hi Tasha,

first of all congratulation to you and your family on the baby news!

I think if you will get a CO before your medicals will expire you may / should ask the CO for an extension, which as I know might be max 6 months, so in Sep 2011.

So if you will born the baby in app. 5 months (March 2011), then you will have still 6 months for validating your visa.

Thanks Hori :wubclub:

If we find out we have a CO I will definitely ask for an extension - if you don't ask you don't get in this world, hey!!!

I just hope they take pity on us and give us a little extra time.

Woo Hoo, As you already know iam so pleased for you hunny, Doubly pleased as i know longer have to keep quiet :wink: You know how i hate keeping secrets lol,

xxxxxx

Yes Dawny, the news is out there now! No more keeping it to yourself LOL:biglaugh: I can imagine that was very hard for you!!! Thanks and well done to you hun x:hug:

Congratulations!! :)

I'm being a bit dim probably but I don't understand the dilemma, I have little faith in DIAC for most things but asking you to validate in a period where you're not physically able to fly would be ludicrous .

You have your medicals, you think you'll have a CO by December which means you *should* get a grant by March 2011 before they expire.

I'd be gobsmacked ragardless of baby bump if they expected you to validate within 2months - in any case you won't be allowed to and won't be able to re-do meds while pregnant so they'll HAVE to!.

I know we've seen a few cases where people have had 2mths to validate, but most have been asked if that would be ok first and many many have automatically just been given an additional 6months.

OTOH if you called them you might get bumped and if you think you can go quick enough 'bump' might be born an Aussie citizen!

I too may not be getting the dilemma, but how could you validate after the baby was born?? The baby wouldnt have a visa. Wouldnt it easier for purposes of getting the baby a visa to have them on your initial application? I would think the CO would wait til the baby was born and then request meds for the family, including baby, and request form to add the baby, then grant visas for you all.

My sister fell pregnant after applying , got a CO who requested meds, her agent advised of the due date so the CO extended the date for the meds til around 2 months after due date, so she then had to submit the form to add the baby, submit baby's passport, all go for meds, then visa was granted.

Shaz

Congratulations Tasha on your wonderful news. I'm afraid I can't give you any advice on the meds dilemma, etc. but when I found out I was pregnant we informed DIAC and they just asked us to submit form 1022 Change of Circumstances.

So we just uploaded it to the online app to advise them that I was pregnant, due in January and that when the baby arrives we want to add them to the app. Then once the baby arrives we are going to add them too.

Tell you what though, it does make the time fly and gives you something else other than the visa app to think about.

Cheers

claire

Guest KellyandTom

Hey Tasha - just spotted your post & had to say Congratulations!! Thats fab news - I remember talking about this to you ages ago.

We too are also expecting - this will be our first baby and I am due at the beginning of April! Just can't wait for DIAC forever can we! I too am glad to be past the first 3 months for the same reason :)

Well, you already know our situation - our meds have expired so just waiting for a C/O & go from there if/when it happens. I think if I was in your situation I would probably just wait & see what happens when the C/O arrives and go from there - there have been extensions of meds many times in the past. Plus we don't know what impact (good or bad for Cat 3) the SMPs will bring.

Good luck whatever you decide. Kelly x

Congratulations!! :)

I'm being a bit dim probably but I don't understand the dilemma, I have little faith in DIAC for most things but asking you to validate in a period where you're not physically able to fly would be ludicrous .

You have your medicals, you think you'll have a CO by December which means you *should* get a grant by March 2011 before they expire.

I'd be gobsmacked ragardless of baby bump if they expected you to validate within 2months - in any case you won't be allowed to and won't be able to re-do meds while pregnant so they'll HAVE to!.

I know we've seen a few cases where people have had 2mths to validate, but most have been asked if that would be ok first and many many have automatically just been given an additional 6months.

OTOH if you called them you might get bumped and if you think you can go quick enough 'bump' might be born an Aussie citizen!

:laugh: No, you are not being dim... its me! I am being paranoid I suppose!

The thing is we have been waiting sooooo long now for a CO and visa grant that we want it to happen as soon as possible without any delays. The more delays there are the more chance of changes to the system and once again our application being so close and then dropped to the bottom of the pile again! This has already happened to us on two occasions (on CSL and then, within weeks of application, off it. We then waited many many weeks for SS to come through and again things changed and we missed the boat again! I just dont want it to happen again and am trying to see if there is a solution to my dilemma.

My main concern is that we get a CO in December and then they say "perhaps we should wait to have our application looked at until after the baby is born" and then I go from possibly having a CO in December to having to wait till March... at this point there are only going to be a number of places left in the programme and more changes could come out, as we have seen before, without any warning or notice!

Also, we did our medicals without being requested, so there is no real reason why the CO should give us any extension as we knew the risk we were taking. Even though I took the risk so as not to hold up our application if we got a CO during my pregnancy!

We are ready to validate as and when it happens (as long as I am allowed to fly!) but not in a position to go out there for good... we still have lose ends to tie up here. Otherwise I would definitely consider making the move sooner rather than later and having "bump" on Aussie soil!:yes:

At the end of the day... I thought I was being clever getting our meds done so I could get pregnant without worrying about X-rays and that it would not affect our application, if we got a CO within the year... I just turns out that my timings are all wrong and should have looked at the bigger picture:laugh:. To be honest, as long as the baby is healthy I am happy... I will just have to leave fate to take its course again and what will be will be!:wub:

Cheers

Tasha x

Well, I thought I had it all planned out when we started this visa process! BUT no, the DIAC have changed the rules more times than I have had hot dinners!

Our plan was to be in Australia by now and have a third and final child over there, but as it turns out, 25 months later (or 19 months from application), we could have just got on with it and had a 10 month + child by now, but instead we put our lives on hold, like soooo many others, and decided to wait so we did not jeopardise our visa application!

Well, I got fed up of waiting for the DIAC and decided we could not put life on hold any longer. I am not getting any younger and decided to put our plans in the hands of fate! :biggrin:

So, we decided to get our meds done in March just in case I fell pregnant and just in case we finally got a CO so as to not hold up our application.

I am very happy to say now, that I am 4 months pregnant! - But, now I have a dilemma! Typical! :wideeyed:

We are lucky enough to now fall into Cat 3, and by the looks of it we MIGHT (as long as things don't change again!) get a CO by December... Now, this would be fantastic but I am only allowed to fly up until the end of December. So, it wont be possible (I don't think) to validate until after the baby is born... which is March AND March is when our meds run out!!! Hence our dilemma!!! :goofy:

Does anyone know if we would fall into the "exceptional circumstances" category and they would extend our meds by a few months, so that we could validate after the baby is born?

From what I understand from my agent, we don't have to inform DIAC of the pregnancy until the baby is born or until we know we have a CO... Do you reckon they might by sympathetic to our needs? Or, will this hold up our application once again? Anyone, been in a similar situation???

Would love to hear about anyone else who has got bored of waiting, and how its worked out for you!

Cheers

Tasha :hug:

Congratulations TASHA ... May GOD grant you each and every wish of you and your family ...

I too may not be getting the dilemma, but how could you validate after the baby was born?? The baby wouldnt have a visa. Wouldnt it easier for purposes of getting the baby a visa to have them on your initial application? I would think the CO would wait til the baby was born and then request meds for the family, including baby, and request form to add the baby, then grant visas for you all.

My sister fell pregnant after applying , got a CO who requested meds, her agent advised of the due date so the CO extended the date for the meds til around 2 months after due date, so she then had to submit the form to add the baby, submit baby's passport, all go for meds, then visa was granted.

Shaz

Hi Shaz

You have a very good point...

If we don't get the visa before the baby is born, I just assumed / hoped they might extend our meds by a couple of months and allow us to get the baby added once it had been born.

However, I wonder what happens to applicants who have already received their visa and then have a baby before they go and validate? I don't think they can just add their baby to the original visa, I think they have to have a separate child visa? I know it costs to have this done, but not sure how much!

Something for me to think about though - what would cost more... getting a child visa or paying again for meds???

More investigations needed here I think!!! :wub: Thanks for your comments. :hug:

Congratulations Tasha on your wonderful news. I'm afraid I can't give you any advice on the meds dilemma, etc. but when I found out I was pregnant we informed DIAC and they just asked us to submit form 1022 Change of Circumstances.

So we just uploaded it to the online app to advise them that I was pregnant, due in January and that when the baby arrives we want to add them to the app. Then once the baby arrives we are going to add them too.

Tell you what though, it does make the time fly and gives you something else other than the visa app to think about.

Cheers

claire

Hi Claire

You are so right, time does go a little quicker now I have something else to focus on...:laugh: Although, the last month has gone quicker than the first 3 months... the nausea went on and on and on... I did not get any morning sickness with my other two and it was a bit of a shock to the system... Glad that bits over with now...

They say the next 3 months are the honeymoon period, so making the most of it now.:laugh:

I think there are going to be quite a few PIO babies in the new year!!!

Hope all is good with you, take care.

Tasha x

p.s. you got your timings a lot better than I did LOL x

Archived