2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

Guest nish886

Hi Guys,

I have applied for 886 state sponsored visa nominated under computing professional NEC(not in the WA SMP :( ). lodged on 2nd march,2010 cat4..

Is it worth for me to get my skill assessment from ACS done to get into priority3?

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys,

I have applied for 886 state sponsored visa nominated under computing professional NEC(not in the WA SMP :( ). lodged on 2nd march,2010 cat4..

Is it worth for me to get my skill assessment from ACS done to get into priority3?

Depends if you can get mapped to something that's on the current list. If it's not, your re-assessment might not produce fruit and you could stay in P4.

Guest mirob
Hi Guys,

Is anyone sailing in the same boat as me? please let me know. would appreciate your help..Thanks..

Hey yep, all of us were or still are in Cat 4. Most of us are 885s though.

I'm not sure how it works with State Sponsorship. Did you actually apply for it if it's not on their list?

Edit: I just checked WA's occupations in demand. If you can get an assessment as an ICT Business Analyst (261111) then you can jump to Category 2 by updating your occupation based on a new ACS assessment.

Guest nish886
Hey yep, all of us were or still are in Cat 4. Most of us are 885s though.

I'm not sure how it works with State Sponsorship. Did you actually apply for it if it's not on their list?

Edit: I just checked WA's occupations in demand. If you can get an assessment as an ICT Business Analyst (261111) then you can jump to Category 2 by updating your occupation based on a new ACS assessment.

Thanks for the quick reply mate.i do understand all the members here are mostly in cat3 and cat4 but mine is a unique one. I got my WA state sponsorship approved on the 23rd february,2010 and I applied for 886visa on 2nd march,2010.but unfortunately the state migration plan was still in implementation during that time.so basically I have the WA state sponsorship under 2231-79 computing professionals (NEC) but my course is not there in the WA SMP..I suppose i can get my skill assessment reviewed again and see if they can nominate me under ICT business analyst.but i m not sure if i will have to re-lodged my application or whether i am eligible to just get my skill assessment reviewed??Thanks for the reply once again..

Thanks for the quick reply mate.i do understand all the members here are mostly in cat3 and cat4 but mine is a unique one. I got my WA state sponsorship approved on the 23rd february,2010 and I applied for 886visa on 2nd march,2010.but unfortunately the state migration plan was still in implementation during that time.so basically I have the WA state sponsorship under 2231-79 computing professionals (NEC) but my course is not there in the WA SMP..I suppose i can get my skill assessment reviewed again and see if they can nominate me under ICT business analyst.but i m not sure if i will have to re-lodged my application or whether i am eligible to just get my skill assessment reviewed??Thanks for the reply once again..

If u choose WA, You will need 7 Band in Each in IELTS

Regards

Hi Guys,

from what i heard lately, all WA offlist sponsored applicants are being processed as cat 2.

Guest nish886

Thanks for the info.U r a life saver..!!! i just came to know someone who applied in sept 2009 has got a case officer assigned so i am not too far!! Thank u once again....Cheers!!

Guest mirob
Thanks for the info.U r a life saver..!!! i just came to know someone who applied in sept 2009 has got a case officer assigned so i am not too far!! Thank u once again....Cheers!!

Hey, yeah if you're in Cat 2 you should be a quick case. I don't know why your application hasn't been processed but I'd call up DIAC to see what they're up to. There's no harm in calling DIAC to make sure your documents are decision ready (you might have to do medicals and police check but if you're really in Cat 2 do them now)

Hey, yeah if you're in Cat 2 you should be a quick case. I don't know why your application hasn't been processed but I'd call up DIAC to see what they're up to. There's no harm in calling DIAC to make sure your documents are decision ready (you might have to do medicals and police check but if you're really in Cat 2 do them now)

wow mirob, u r energetic :P

Guest mirob

calling DIAC first thing in the morning!

I want my visa so bad!!! :arghh:

Guest nish886
let me know how it goes...

i cant make call to diac.. busy working all day...:frown::frown:

Thanks for pointing me towards the right direction guys.. but all those applicants in that forum( the link which u gave me) are off shore 176 visa holders and they all have been nominated under off-list.. i know its bloody confusing..:( I havent come across any 886 state sponsored visa applicants yet whose state sponsorship has been approved( not in the state migration plan) and who has applied before june 2010.but i will still be active in that forum and look for any information coming my ways.Let me know if u have any more information to share...Thanks once again guys..Cheers..!

Guest mirob

I'm glad I called DIAC this morning to talk about my application/s. Below are my learnings.

1. Telephone madness

- I didn't experience any. I called at 9:31am EST (9:01 CST) and only waited for 15 minutes on the line. I spoke to the operator for 10 - 15 minutes.

2. ACS Re-Assessment acknowledgement

- I got my Re-Assessment on the 01/04/2010 and sent it to DIAC straight away. It was marked in their system and put in my file, however, no one opened up the files until I called.

- apparently there is no Category 3 confirmation email they send out to applicants. Instead, the telephone operators manually turn on an indicator on my application to indicate I'm in Priority Group 3

- the telephone operator turned the indicator on and confirmed I am in Priority Group 3 as of today (yadaa! :hug:). I highly encourage everyone to call them, don't wait for them to respond to your email

3. What's the process from now on

- the operator confirmed I will have to wait a minimum of 6 weeks from today to get a CO allocated to my application. I asked why so long and I was told that's the standard time to get the application on the top of the Category 3 queue.

4. Case Officer yes/no

- the operator said I wouldn't even know I have a Case Officer if all my documents were decision ready - which I believe they are

5. LR/HR country processing

- There is pretty much no difference in LR/HR processing times. It's only that if there is a problem with your application, HR countries usually take longer due to security checks. I believe there is a different methodology for verifying supplied documents but my guess is that this doesn't really affect onshore applicants at all. We're all equal.

6. Documents Required / Received / Met

- documents won't turn to 'Received' before you get a Case Officer

7. My 485 DRC application from January 2011

- the operator had no idea why my 485 Decision Ready Checklist application takes so long, she was surprised DRC works for 485 visas

- she confirmed I've got a CO on the application and it's in a different group than other 485 non-DRC applications

8. Granting 485 before 885 visa

- both applications are linked and the Case Officer will grant or withdrawn the 485 one before finalising the 885 visa

Guest umairghias

Good luck with everything Mirob ... Its always better to call them ...

I wonder how long would it take for a HR country applicant to finalize the security checks /verify documents because in the spreadsheet mostly were HR who got residency pretty quick.....

Guest styran
I'm glad I called DIAC this morning to talk about my application/s. Below are my learnings.

1. Telephone madness

- I didn't experience any. I called at 9:31am EST (9:01 CST) and only waited for 15 minutes on the line. I spoke to the operator for 10 - 15 minutes.

2. ACS Re-Assessment acknowledgement

- I submitted my Re-Assessment on the 01/04/2010 and sent it to DIAC straight away. It was marked in their system and put in my file, however, no one opened up the files until I called.

- apparently there is no Category 3 confirmation email they send out to applicants. Instead, the telephone operators manually turn on an indicator on my application to indicate I'm in Priority Group 3

- the telephone operator turned the indicator on and confirmed I am in Priority Group 3 as of today (yadaa! :hug:). I highly encourage everyone to call them, don't wait for them to respond to your email

3. What's the process from now on

- the operator confirmed I will have to wait a minimum of 6 weeks from today to get a CO allocated to my application. I asked why so long and I was told that's the standard time to get the application on the top of the Category 3 queue.

4. Case Officer yes/no

- the operator said I wouldn't even know I have a Case Officer if all my documents were decision ready - which I believe they are

5. LR/HR country processing

- There is pretty much no difference in LR/HR processing times. It's only that if there is a problem with your application, HR countries usually take longer due to security checks. I believe there is a different methodology for verifying supplied documents but my guess is that this doesn't really affect onshore applicants at all. We're all equal.

6. Documents Required / Received / Met

- documents won't turn to 'Received' before you get a Case Officer

7. My 485 DRC application from January 2011

- the operator had no idea why my 485 Decision Ready Checklist application takes so long, she was surprised DRC works for 485 visas

- she confirmed I've got a CO on the application and it's in a different group than other 485 non-DRC applications

8. Granting 485 before 885 visa

- both applications are linked and the Case Officer will grant or withdrawn the 485 one before finalising the 885 visa

I told you, you are a man with a plan. :jiggy: :notworthy:

hmm thot mirob was a guy...

Sky, whether Mirob is a dude or girl is irrelevant here. He is person on a mission :wink:

Regards,

MOTO

Guest mirob
Sky, whether Mirob is a dude or girl is irrelevant here. He is person on a mission :wink:

haha thanks MOTO :cool:

PS: I'm a dude

Guest nish886

Thanks for pointing me towards the right direction guys.. but all those applicants in that forum( the link which u gave me) are off shore 176 visa holders and they all have been nominated under off-list.. i know its bloody confusing..:( I havent come across any 886 state sponsored visa applicants yet whose state sponsorship has been approved( not in the state migration plan) and who has applied before june 2010.but i will still be active in that forum and look for any information coming my ways.Let me know if u have any more information to share...Thanks once again guys..Cheers..!

Archived