2231-79 Computing Professional (ICT Recent Graduate) and the new priority

Guest ddd2010

OMG same day got the registered post number!!! this is killing me... By the way where do you check the mail with this number? Australia post?

In my case they sent it out on a thursday but nothing came up on AusPost status till Monday when it said "Scheduled for Delivery today".

So don't panic if you don't see anything today or even tomorrow.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ABaron
I kinda understand that you can't get your PR the next day from getting the re-assessment but I can promise ya I'm gonna be bugging them every week. First call tomorrow.

You're in a pretty similar situation as me. You're a July '09 applicant, I applied in May '09. Are you from a HR country or LR?

Haha but is unfair isn't it? Why did we have to pay for re-assessments and stuff I find it v unfair ...:wideeyed: well I am on the LR...

Guest newguy2010
Haha but is unfair isn't it? Why did we have to pay for re-assessments and stuff I find it v unfair ...:wideeyed: well I am on the LR...

Yeah every time they change I have to pay for another reassessment and wait for a very long time.

My ACS application is already 12 weeks now and is still in progress.:arghh:

Guest ABaron
Yeah every time they change I have to pay for another reassessment and wait for a very long time.

My ACS application is already 12 weeks now and is still in progress.:arghh:

now that sucks!!

Just got the e-mail from immigration where they say all the info of how are they going and it says:

Skilled – Independent (Residence) subclass 885

VB 885 (e-lodged) 25 October 2010

VB 885 (paper): 25 October 2010

what the hell why is there still people before this date with new skill assessments who havent been approved this is so unfair with us...:daydreaming: If only we where not caught in this stupid change of codes we would all by now have that PR...

That What All People in This Forum are saying buddy :chatterbox:

Guest newguy2010
ACS has reverted its system to the old one - Application Status

seems like they couldn't handle people changing their postal address online

ACS has only 18,000 members nation wide, a bit less than five percent of the ICT workforce in Australia. I don't understand why IT people from overseas need to be recognized by ACS. It is not even recognized by Australian IT professionals.

Australian Computer Society reveals makeover plans - Strategy - Business - News - iTnews.com.au

Guest sTiLlWaItInG
ACS has reverted its system to the old one - Application Status

seems like they couldn't handle people changing their postal address online

Nah it's the same one.. I still can change my postal address there..

Guest mirob
Nah it's the same one.. I still can change my postal address there..

Ah right. My case is still with assessor but I can no longer update the postal address because the results have already been posted out. silly me ;)

Guest sTiLlWaItInG

:dull: technically my assessment is still in 11 weeks..

so 1 more week of "with assessor" for me i guess...:err:

Hey guys my agent signed off the ACS application, can you tell me who will receive the assessment? Will it be my agent or I because in the postal details box, I can see my address.

A bit confused and I am overseas so that's causing some serious vexation.

Guest mirob
Hey guys my agent signed off the ACS application, can you tell me who will receive the assessment? Will it be my agent or I because in the postal details box, I can see my address.

Check the address on the PDF you have access to - that's the address that was entered when your agent submitted in the application.

I'd change the address for your agent's address to make sure he receives it. He's the one to update your 885 application, right?

:dull: technically my assessment is still in 11 weeks..

so 1 more week of "with assessor" for me i guess...:err:

Some batch processing work is definitely going on as mine has changed to 'With Assessor' as well.

I Think, JL is working Faster today,

Hi RegDwight

If it your address, you will get it buddy

:hug:

Check the address on the PDF you have access to - that's the address that was entered when your agent submitted in the application.

I'd change the address for your agent's address to make sure he receives it. He's the one to update your 885 application, right?

I didn't receive any PDF from ACS. The only e-mail I got from ACS was for my username and password the first time I logged on to the ACS site and filled the form.

I then filled a form for appointing a migration agent which has the agent's contact details, so am I correct in assuming that from that point on all the communication was given to my agent, including the said PDF?

10 days after submitting reassessment to diac.... no response yet...

Hi

I dont Think, DIAC give Response after submitting Re-assessment, We have to do the follow-up by calling / emailing, if they have received & if u are not in CAT 3 or not

Guest mirob
I didn't receive any PDF from ACS. The only e-mail I got from ACS was for my username and password the first time I logged on to the ACS site and filled the form.

I then filled a form for appointing a migration agent which has the agent's contact details, so am I correct in assuming that from that point on all the communication was given to my agent, including the said PDF?

When you log in to ACS application status check there is a link to the submitted application form - download it from there. It's the same form your agent had to print out and attach with the application.

When you log in to ACS application status check there is a link to the submitted application form - download it from there. It's the same form your agent had to print out and attach with the application.

I see it now, thanks. It has my residential address on it. I have sent my agent an e-mail to make sure that they receive it.

Guest sTiLlWaItInG
I Think, JL is working Faster today,

Hi RegDwight

If it your address, you will get it buddy

:hug:

haha I hope JL is working fast,,, cuz mine still no reg post number yet ,,,

lol I'm whining ..

Guest saragh
F*ck the ACS! Got my VIC SS today based on my old 2231-79 assesment ! My body is shaking. Off to the cat2 without any new assessments. I'm so happy !!!!!

Wahooooooooooooooooo !

I have lodged on July 2009 .net technologies 175 2231-79 and I had the officer on july 2010.is it necessary for me to get the renew?To renew the assessment could you please tell me what did you do?send the previous assessment documents again to ACS? how long did it take for you to get the renew?

many thanks

I have lodged on July 2009 .net technologies 175 2231-79 and I had the officer on july 2010.is it necessary for me to get the renew?To renew the assessment could you please tell me what did you do?send the previous assessment documents again to ACS? how long did it take for you to get the renew?

many thanks

Atleast 12 Weeks, for Re-Assessment

Guest mirob

many thanks

Around 12 weeks time as indicated above.

Check this link, it explains what DIAC is after - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/acs-skills-assessment-review.pdf

You'll pretty much need the following:

- ACS Re-Assessment based on your previous one

- new Medicals

- new AU Police Check

- Form 80

- Form 1221

Add yourself to our VISA spreadsheet and once you've submitted your ACS assessment add yourself to the ACS timeline as well.

Good Luck with everything!

Archived