Case officer off work for a week - anyone else experienced this?

RobDav

Hi there

We lodge our 457 visa application on 30th March and provided the requested additional information on 8th April. We haven't heard anything since and the system doesn't show 'information received'.

We rang up this morning and were told that out case officer has been off work for a week.

Anyone else experienced this? Can we request another case officer in case she's off work for a while?

Cheers

Rob

Are you serious? Your CO has been off work for a week and you want to request another CO? People get sick, have other problems all the time and have time off work. Im sure if the DIAC think your CO will be off for a while they will appoint another CO.

I work with a guy who has just lodged the same visa and was told 6-8 weeks. Have you been told how long your visa will take?

They are only public servants, not really a customer service operation and people are off work all the time. A lot of people took the long weekend plus the rest of the week and we have another long weekend coming up so it makes sense to tag your rec leave onto them. I would think that is just one of the things that happens. It'd be even worse over the Christmas period

Guest jilkfree1978
Hi there

We lodge our 457 visa application on 30th March and provided the requested additional information on 8th April. We haven't heard anything since and the system doesn't show 'information received'.

We rang up this morning and were told that out case officer has been off work for a week.

Anyone else experienced this? Can we request another case officer in case she's off work for a while?

Cheers

Rob

really you have only just applied for your visa,stop being impatient and wait,we have to wait till maybe 2012 maybe we will never get our visa who knows, they are not just working for you!!

I suspect that if the co is off sick for a long whie they would pass the case onto someone else, but it could just be they've been on Holiday this week. Frustrating to you and your family but everyone is entitled to time off

Hi there

Cheers

Rob

Quite common and unlikely to get given to another CO for such a short absence.

It's Anzac Day on Monday so a public holiday.

Whilst I understand your impatience requesting another CO is a little over the top. Remember that Australia doesn't just deal with applications from the UK but from all over the world, you're will be in a very big pile with eveyone wanting to know what's happened. The 457 visa's have a relatively short grant time unlike some of the PR visa where people are waiting for years.

I appreciate they are only Civil servants. If they're anything like the London Passport office it's a wonder anyone gets a visa at all.

However, fourteen days and still no acknowledgement of having sent the information she requested is pretty poor.

Will just keep waiting.....

I appreciate they are only Civil servants. If they're anything like the London Passport office it's a wonder anyone gets a visa at all.

However, fourteen days and still no acknowledgement of having sent the information she requested is pretty poor.

Will just keep waiting.....

I agree that the silence can be deafening. My CO didn't acknowledge receipt of further info but just got on and dealt with it. I guess from his perspective, he deals with many applications, knows where they all are, and six weeks doesn't feel like long to him. Six weeks isn't really long, but but sure feels that way when you're waiting on a life changing visa and you're not certain you'll even get it.

By the way - I would take issue a bit with "only civil servants". Some of us try really hard to offer good customer service and take pride in a job well done. And I know my own CO went extra distance for me.

:biggrin:

Archived