Guest guest36187

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Les

Phoebe might need to do one of two things:

1. Get at least one more and maybe two more Assurers of Support. One or more of her daughter's or her son-in-law's friends can be a joint Assurer, or joint Assurers, with Phoebe's son-in-law. Loads of people chunter and say that a friend will never do it etc. I know of 2 instances where 3 friends of the migrant's children have done it. In one case, only one non-family Assurer did it and the other case, two of the migrant's son's friends acted jointly with the son in providing the AoS. Aussie friends are usually horrified when they discover how much CPVs cost and they are surprisingly willing to become involved, I have noticed.

2. Apply for the temporary CPV 173 to begin with and rely on the idea that either her son in law's income wll improve, or that her daughter will also be free to get a full time job if Phoebe is able to look after the children for the first couple of years once Phoebe gets to Oz - or something.

I don't want Phoebe to confuse the idea of the Sponsor with the idea of the Assurer of Support, because they are two different roles and the same person does not necessarily have to wear both hats.

Thanks very much for working out the income figure for Phoebe. I'm useless at that bit so I don't even try to work it out by myself.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Phoebe, you seem to be building up a picture of what you require for the CPV 143 but from your posts I am not sure if you have stated your sponsors earn over $40,000 per year for the last tax year and expected to earn that amount this tax year.

If that is not the case you may have to rethink your plans.

I base $40k on someone sponsoring 2 parents and having 2 children and in very round figurers, if it is $37,000 per year or less you need more sponsors.

Hi Les

Yes thats exactly what I am doing. I have looked at the forms for CPV 143 and feel I can handle the application myself, hence saving precious £££'s :laugh: but I am trying to find out as much information as possible regarding the Sponsorship and AoS so my daughter and son in law don't have to do it. They went through all of this 3 years ago for their 457 visa then again last year for their PR. :arghh:

Gill, thanks to one of your earlier replies I did establish Sponsorship and AoS dont have to be from the same people but I appreciate your concern.There are other relations in Oz but we would rather not involve them if at all possible. Don't get me wrong they are lovely people but they helped my daughter and son in law so much with their sponsorship I don't think it would be fair to ask.:no: I will look through the links you have sent thankyou for all the trouble you have taken.

I did ask yesterday how much my son in law earned and it is over $40,000, my daughter on the other hand is restricted with a 6 and 3 year old so only works part time self employed and her earnings would be more difficult to prove, would this mean that my son in law would have to be the sponsor and indeed can he be with not being a 'blood' relative :wideeyed:

Sorry my posts have been a bit spamodic:unsure:. What I could really do with is a 'check list' of what the Sponsors, Assurers and I have to do in order to go forward with this. As I said I have looked through the application forms (thanks to yomvard I now know which one's I need to complete :wink:) but not too closely yet. The reason for that is, although my daughter and son in law have said they will support us 100%, I need to make sure they are absolutly clear of what is involved from their side and they tell me absolutley that they can/will sponsor us. I suppose what I am saying is I don't want to build my hopes up for them to be dashed because we find something that isn't 'do-able' :arghh:

Thanks again to you both for the help so far, I'm sure I will have many more questions for you's in the coming months :biggrin:

Phoebe

Guest Lively

Hello everyone!

I have been told conflicting information about what will happen when a dependent included in CPV application turns 18 before the visa is granted.

Can the dependent still get the visa? and if so, does this mean we will be paying the $38k VAC (for over 18) instead of $1.7k (for below 18)?

I am very interested to hear first hand experiences. Please also include the month and year your visa is granted in case the regulation has changed.

Thank you.

Hi Phoebe,

You have ticked the earnings box:biggrin:, now was a good time to ask your s-i-l as the Oz tax year has just finished so he will know his last years earnings, always a difficult subject, even more so when it's an inlaw.

Looking good for you going forward.

As it has been said by Gill this visa is straight forward for you to do, you save money and when look on other threads with yet another agent going to wall with peoples money you don't have that worry.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Phoebe

You say that your son-in-law earns more than $40,000. Remember that he will have Personal Allowances etc and then tax is roughly 20%. I believe that Centrelink work from the figure that the Assurer pays tax on rather than on his gross income figure. Please could you double check this point with your daughter?

You would find, I feel sure, that one of your other rellies in Oz would gladly step in as a joint Assurer if that becomes necessary. The people who have already migrated to Oz tend to be more than willing to help those who are following behind them and are often upset if somebody like you turns out to have suffered because you did not ask the sympathetic relly who would have been only too willing to help out if the relly had known about the problem.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Cakey

We have applied for the cpv, we are older than you, 65 and 66. We thought long and hard about it as it is such a lot of money but we miss our daughter and son in law and drandchildren so much that we really have no choice but to try and see if we are successful

Guest Cakey

Has anyone recently been granted a cpv I was wondering just how long it is actually taken. Our application was lodged February 2010 so I know we have quite a wait yet.

Hi Phoebe,

You have ticked the earnings box:biggrin:, now was a good time to ask your s-i-l as the Oz tax year has just finished so he will know his last years earnings, always a difficult subject, even more so when it's an inlaw.

Looking good for you going forward.

As it has been said by Gill this visa is straight forward for you to do, you save money and when look on other threads with yet another agent going to wall with peoples money you don't have that worry.

Yes it felt very awkward. I actually asked my daughter but all the same......I've never encroached on their personal lives and felt awkward but, the question had to be asked :yes:

So do you know if it would be my son in law that has to sponsor us with him being the one who can prove his income and it is over the $40,000 and can he when he is not a blood relative, or could both my daughter and son in law be sponsors :huh:

Gill I will check that out with my daughter thanks again

Phoebe

We have applied for the cpv, we are older than you, 65 and 66. We thought long and hard about it as it is such a lot of money but we miss our daughter and son in law and drandchildren so much that we really have no choice but to try and see if we are successful

SNAP (63 & 64)

We were told about 20-24 months in all. We began the journey end of March - confirmed 3rd May, so we're a bit behind you.

Idea of timescale on here http://gainwave.co.uk/Page2.htm

is there anyone still considering the non contibutary parent visa,even though,it will take forever?

Yes I applied for 103 in April, was going to go for a 143 but due to economic climate decided I wasn't going to go there and be poor. My intention is to wait for 3 or 4 years and switch to 143 when hopefully my assets will go further.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello everyone!

I have been told conflicting information about what will happen when a dependent included in CPV application turns 18 before the visa is granted.

Can the dependent still get the visa? and if so, does this mean we will be paying the $38k VAC (for over 18) instead of $1.7k (for below 18)?

I am very interested to hear first hand experiences. Please also include the month and year your visa is granted in case the regulation has changed.

Thank you.

Hi Lively

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I have moved your thread into this big thread because we are trying to keep all of the Parent & CPV information together in one place.

Who have you received conflicting advice from, please?

DIAC take the child's age at the date of the decision about the visa, not the child's age at the time that the application is lodged, in order to make their own decision about whether a child of 18 or over is still a "dependent" or not. This being so, I suspect that they might well have the same attitude towards the payment of the 2nd VAC for a child as well.

Have you asked the Manager of the Parents Visa Centre exactly what he thinks DIAC's approach to this question is/ought to be? It is somewhat embarrassing for the Aussie Government that it takes them 18-24 months to grab the 2nd Instalment from a cash cow (a CPV applicant.) The reason is because their visa processing is so slow and it is widely said that a large part of the reason why CPV processing is so slow is because staff are being sent to do stints on Christmas Island, leaving the Parents Visa Centre short staffed.

DIAC's policies can be surprisingly generous towards CPV applicants, though, so I would be inclined to ask the Manager of the PVC about your particular query. Please click on my user name to the left of this post. A drop down menu will appear and it will give you the option to send me an e-mail. Please send me an e-mail, NOT a Private Message, and then I will provide you with names and direct contact details if you wish.

Cheers

Gill

Yes I applied for 103 in April, was going to go for a 143 but due to economic climate decided I wasn't going to go there and be poor. My intention is to wait for 3 or 4 years and switch to 143 when hopefully my assets will go further.

we are the same ,going to apply when we go to the uk in december.really dont want to use that much money for cpv,and be in difficulty in our twilight years

Has anyone recently been granted a cpv I was wondering just how long it is actually taken. Our application was lodged February 2010 so I know we have quite a wait yet.

Hi Cakey,

Ask Steve to add your name to this and you will see how long others in the same boat as you progress.

Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

Also follow this thread

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 : British Expat Discussion Forum

Some people are on both threads but others settle for one board or the other.:wink:

Hi Cakey,

Ask Steve to add your name to this and you will see how long others in the same boat as you progress.

Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

Also follow this thread

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 : British Expat Discussion Forum

Some people are on both threads but others settle for one board or the other.:wink:

I tend to use CPV (still sparkling) as I discovered it first + Poms in Adelaide as that is where we want to settle. But there is more info on here now so I've bookmarked all three!:yes:

The tracker is great as it helps pass the time and its good to celebrate with people you get to know on here as they get their 'red stars' Thanks so much to steve for organising it.

Guest Cakey

Can anyone help me please. When the cpv is granted, how long have you got to pay the second instalment. I will need to sell my house.......not being lucky enough to just happen to have £45,000 just lounging in my bank account. I would hate to be granted a visa and then find I couldn't take it because I hadn't got the full amount straight away.

Can anyone help me please. When the cpv is granted, how long have you got to pay the second instalment. I will need to sell my house.......not being lucky enough to just happen to have £45,000 just lounging in my bank account. I would hate to be granted a visa and then find I couldn't take it because I hadn't got the full amount straight away.

28 days is the norm. There is some flexibility in this, less so around May / June each year I suspect, for reasons of targets. However any latitude would not extend to the typical time scale required to sell a house. We downsized even before putting in our application for example.

The 173 visa is an alternative which would require a lower initial outlay (no bond at that stage either) and give you another couple of years to sort the rest out.

Best wishes

Steve

Guest redsetter
I know that B.E. has their parent visa thread......why dont we have one?

All parent visa applicants.....here is your own thread in order to ask questions, chat, moan and groan....whatever you wish!

Good Luck to you all and looking fwd to hearing from you x

We have got our queue date i.e. 3rd May 2010 looked on queue list 15,800 ahead of us !!!!

only hope our health holds out!! we are 65/68 quick calculation give us 11years at present intake rate!!! very miserable - we have a daughter married with two boys living in Cammeray \n. Shore Sydney although we go over regularly and have done so for 15 years finances have only just let us apply I know the quick way is to pay your way with a CPV but that leaves our finances rather depleated when everything is taken into consideration.So guess we will just try and go over an stay longer as I think we will be able to do as the application has be lodged:

Guest Cakey
SNAP (63 & 64)

We were told about 20-24 months in all. We began the journey end of March - confirmed 3rd May, so we're a bit behind you.

Idea of timescale on here Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

We sent our applications last november, and received acknowledgment february this year. We are with Go Matilda and they told us it would take about fifteen months....are you with an agent or doing it yourselves.

We sent our applications last november, and received acknowledgment february this year. We are with Go Matilda and they told us it would take about fifteen months....are you with an agent or doing it yourselves.

with an agent (form 80 and all the certified copies have gone too)

so where are the other 15800?