Guest guest36187

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi all

I'm new here.

A double migrant. From Uk to Oz and another forum to here.

Although I have already got my CPV class 143 (did not use agent) I like to keep up to speed on how current applicants are getting along in the process and offer the occasional help if I can.

I know that it is a long and slow procedure and that having regular posts on others experiences certainly helped me. All the best to those in the queue

Peewit

Hi Peewit and Sirmat welcome to PIO,

Kate:wubclub:

Guest sirmatt101
Many thanks Matt, I recognise your name too. It is 24C here in Sidders at the moment and 28C expected later today. The exchange rate is causing me pain too. When will the downward graph change direction ?

Peewit

Just looked at it again on Ozforex and its in freefall! At least you have some warmth there, we are forecast more snow and cold, as long as the roads to Heathrow are clear on 22nd January I don't mind!

Cheers

Matt

Just looked at it again on Ozforex and its in freefall! At least you have some warmth there, we are forecast more snow and cold, as long as the roads to Heathrow are clear on 22nd January I don't mind!

Cheers

Matt

I see what you mean Matt, last Wednesday quote for $69,000 was £43,038, tonight £44,093, I can't earn it that quick. :cry:

Hi all,

we have just had our visa granted, and now my parents are looking to come as well, they are 60 and 65 could anybody shed some light on the visa options there are also the rough sort of cost and time scales that some of you have faced.

G'Day

As Phoebe has said, the 173 (temporary) -->143 (permanent) route gets you to the same place in the end, the only difference being that you delay payment of a chunk of the BIG "2nd VAC" payment (of the order of $35k) for up to two years.

This is useful if funds are tight (eg, dependent on selling a house) or uncertain, but at the cost of some extra payment (the final "2nd VAC" is set at that applying on the date of application for the 173-->143 upgrade, and you also have to pay a second [much smaller] application fee).

You are also exposed to a longer exchange-rate uncertainty (although the way the AUD-GBP rate has been going recently, this *might* be an advantage, if the trend starts to reverse eventually -- but it's a big IF!).

Good luck! Mike

Incidentally, welcome to all those who have migrated here.

Guest sirmatt101
Nice euphemism.:biggrin: :biglaugh:

Yes, some are so new they still have Vegemite behind their ears. :wink:

Oh well, back to rate watching....

OMG :swoon:

Its gone up by 0.01 this morning (07.52) do we celebrate. I have put a rate alert of 1.62 on Ozforex, do you think I am being a bit ambitious?

Cheers

Matt

Its gone up by 0.01 this morning (07.52) do we celebrate. I have put a rate alert of 1.62 on Ozforex, do you think I am being a bit ambitious?

Cheers

Matt

Snap, same as I have with UKForex, $1.62 should give a trade quote of $1.60 which we had last Wed PM, but we still don't need to push the button yet so hope the new year will bring some cheer.

To show me how bad it's got I deleted my last target of $1.80. :shocked:

We have never traded at below $1.70 so it will be just our luck to get the request when it's at $1.5?

At the rate now it is easy to wish that we had traded at the different spike ups but one still does not now if one will get the final request until it's made.

I better go and earn some more £s to throw on the fire. :mad:

Hi everyone,

Below is a quote from a financial e mail I received every day - got this one last week and posted it on another site. Here's hoping it comes true very soon.

"The pound could be set to surge back to heights last seen during the 2008 banking bailouts as rate increases loom, according to City forecasts issued after the Bank of England's latest policy decision. Sterling may reach $1.82 against the dollar by the end of next year compared with $1.57 yesterday, amid stronger economic growth, Coalition budget cuts and the prospect of rising interest rates, Barclays Capital said in its annual Global Outlook, the Times reports."

Note@ $ quoted is US$ not AUD$."

Gill

Hi everyone,

Below is a quote from a financial e mail I received every day - got this one last week and posted it on another site. Here's hoping it comes true very soon.

"The pound could be set to surge back to heights last seen during the 2008 banking bailouts as rate increases loom, according to City forecasts issued after the Bank of England's latest policy decision. Sterling may reach $1.82 against the dollar by the end of next year compared with $1.57 yesterday, amid stronger economic growth, Coalition budget cuts and the prospect of rising interest rates, Barclays Capital said in its annual Global Outlook, the Times reports."

Note@ $ quoted is US$ not AUD$."

Gill

Are you sure this wasn't spam?:biggrin:

The quote as you say refers to the US $ and in the full article also predicts the £ falling against the Euro so I am not sure how this relates to the Oz $.

Perhaps they should be honest and say they don't know, after all if they know whats coming how come Barclays went down the pan like all the other banks?

Gosh that reads like I'm a bitter Barclays share holder. :shocked:

Many thanks for the welcome to your forum. I know that Perth is the current centre of the universe for many of you as that is where the CPV decisions are made. Today was also an important day in Perth for another reason. That was that the England cricket team got off to a great start in the 3rd match of the Ashes series. Whilst I am very happy to embrace all things Australian in most situations, when it comes to cricket I am definitely a POM.

Peewit

Are you sure this wasn't spam?:biggrin:

The quote as you say refers to the US $ and in the full article also predicts the £ falling against the Euro so I am not sure how this relates to the Oz $.

Perhaps they should be honest and say they don't know, after all if they know whats coming how come Barclays went down the pan like all the other banks?

Gosh that reads like I'm a bitter Barclays share holder. :shocked:

It was from the organisation that provides holidays etc., including financial to the over 50's - not spam. I just thought that a strengthening £ would be good news against any currency but perhaps I am being naive:unsure:

Gill

Many thanks for the welcome to your forum. I know that Perth is the current centre of the universe for many of you as that is where the CPV decisions are made. Today was also an important day in Perth for another reason. That was that the England cricket team got off to a great start in the 3rd match of the Ashes series. Whilst I am very happy to embrace all things Australian in most situations, when it comes to cricket I am definitely a POM.

Peewit

Here Here!:jiggy:

Hi all

For those who are wondering what is entailed in the Contributory Parent Visa, I made a short video with the help of the moderators. You can see it here :-

1VRbyyzHlcM[YOUTUBE]1VRbyyzHlcM[/YOUTUBE]

This covers the basics and discusses the cost. Hope it is helpful for those considering taking the route that I followed.

Peewit

1VRbyyzHlcM

Peewit

Perth, Day 3, close of play. All over bar the shouting. :sad:

Pity about the batting eh? Ah well, one-all going to Melbourne makes it exciting. We'll be at day 3 at the MCG, and with a bit of luck we'll be back in the ascendancy.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Steve

I'll be at the MCG on that day too. Hope the Barmy Army and us all have a good day.

All the best

Peewit

Great! I have no idea where we'll be sitting, but I hope it's not too close to the famous trumpeter. It will actually be the first time I've watched England play a test match live. Really looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed for stable Melbourne weather.

Cheers

Steve

Great! I have no idea where we'll be sitting, but I hope it's not too close to the famous trumpeter. It will actually be the first time I've watched England play a test match live. Really looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed for stable Melbourne weather.

Cheers

Steve

It will also be my first time at an England/Australia test match. It is just one of the many benefits from having got my CPV. I did watch the England women's cricket team beat all the other national teams at various venues around Sydney at the ICC International 50 over championships early in 2008. I will also be at the womens Ashes match at the Bankstown oval in January.

Watching cricket with a cold beer in the Australian sunshine is my idea of paradise.

Good luck to all those waiting for the same opportunity. It is worth the wait.

Peewit

Guest sirmatt101
It will also be my first time at an England/Australia test match. It is just one of the many benefits from having got my CPV. I did watch the England women's cricket team beat all the other national teams at various venues around Sydney at the ICC International 50 over championships early in 2008. I will also be at the womens Ashes match at the Bankstown oval in January.

Watching cricket with a cold beer in the Australian sunshine is my idea of paradise.

Good luck to all those waiting for the same opportunity. It is worth the wait.

Peewit

In Cape Town we used to go to the 1 day matches with Esky full of beer, wine & bbq meat and take the Cadac skottel braai (gas bbq). Now thats also paradise!

Have fun

Matt

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com

...............so here you all are !!! so happy to have found you! no news from our end - decisions are difficult at this stage and the appeal will be costly and lengthy. We are cosidering a brand new application in a year or so when the legislature has had time to change the laws (there have been hundreds of influential speakers before the various Legislatures so there is some hope.

However, we will be over in April for the birth of the baby and maybe then is when we can speak ourselves and make our point.

Hope you can dig out from your snow fall before your flight in january Matt. We have had 190cms of snow this weeek - pretty but enough is enough!

So happy to find you........................

Guest sirmatt101
sorry about that! the previous message was from audie (in snowy Canada)

Happy Christmas to all

audie

Hi Audie, I had worked out that it was you. We have all migrated from another forum to here for certain reasons!

I do hope that you can eventually get your visa granted, it must be very frustrating for you.

We are certainly hoping for better weather in January when we head of to Oz!

All the best

Matt