Guest guest36187

The swop over from 103 is very small , for the last 3 months only an average of 60 per month have come out of the 103 queue and that includes withdrawals , swops , illness , etc . 
I think they might have been processing old 804,s to catch up with the 103 queue and I suspect that those in the queue line would generate a lot of dropouts after over 10 years in the queue

Hi, when I applied for the 143 Visa, I think the $10,000 bond was required to be held on deposit for five years, but the term was then doubled to 10 years.  Does anybody know if the additional 5 year requirement applied retrospectively or only to those who applied after the change to 10 years?

44 minutes ago, Sadge said:

Hi, when I applied for the 143 Visa, I think the $10,000 bond was required to be held on deposit for five years, but the term was then doubled to 10 years.  Does anybody know if the additional 5 year requirement applied retrospectively or only to those who applied after the change to 10 years?

I thought the 10 years had been in longer than that. My mum applied in 2007, granted 2009 and it was a 10 year term then.

Looking a bit closer at the figures issued today it seems that they are processing 804 applications far quicker than 103 , probably up to 2015 . If this is correct it seems very unfair on 143 applicants who are paying much more than those on 804,s for almost the same processing timeframes . So if you are dishonest and enter on a tourist visa and swop to a bridging visa you are being rewarded with a cheap permanent visa which is what is being touted by a certain migration agent on a different forum . It could be of course a route to closing the 103/804 visa routes to new applicants because according to their own figures only 10 new applicants between 15/10/2019 and 10/01/2020 for 103 visas

23 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

Looking a bit closer at the figures issued today it seems that they are processing 804 applications far quicker than 103 , probably up to 2015 . If this is correct it seems very unfair on 143 applicants who are paying much more than those on 804,s for almost the same processing timeframes . So if you are dishonest and enter on a tourist visa and swop to a bridging visa you are being rewarded with a cheap permanent visa which is what is being touted by a certain migration agent on a different forum . It could be of course a route to closing the 103/804 visa routes to new applicants because according to their own figures only 10 new applicants between 15/10/2019 and 10/01/2020 for 103 visas

Methinks you may be misinterpreting the processing of 804s.

With 804s there is an initial assessment of health and character about 2 to 3 years post lodgment.

Applicants then enter a queue for many years.

Are you perhaps seeing this initial assessment as the application being finalised?

Best regards.

2 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Methinks you may be misinterpreting the processing of 804s.

With 804s there is an initial assessment of health and character about 2 to 3 years post lodgment.

Applicants then enter a queue for many years.

Are you perhaps seeing this initial assessment as the application being finalised?

Best regards.

I am talking about the 103/804 visa queue date calculator that was updated today and shows a reduction of 3760 in the 804 queue for applicants up to October 2019 . There were 5680 in the queue date 18/10/2019 on21/11/2019 which reduced to 1920 in the queue today for 27/10/2019  queue date . Have a look at the visa calculator and see how many have disappeared in the last 3 months

1 minute ago, palaceboy1 said:

I am talking about the 103/804 visa queue date calculator that was updated today and shows a reduction of 3760 in the 804 queue for applicants up to October 2019 . There were 5680 in the queue date 18/10/2019 on21/11/2019 which reduced to 1920 in the queue today for 27/10/2019  queue date . Have a look at the visa calculator and see how many have disappeared in the last 3 months

Can you give me a link to the visa calculator please?

Thanks.

On 21/02/2020 at 21:10, Alan Collett said:

You need to include some narrative in the subject line ...

Best regards.

Thank you. That worked.

On 22/02/2020 at 09:33, palaceboy1 said:

But they include conditions barring onshore applications... don't they?

Edited by apparition232

22 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Ah - OK.   Thanks.

Best regards.

22 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

I have made enquiry of the PVC regarding the queue date calculator - if I get a meaningful reply I'll post a response here.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

I have a reply following an enquiry into the accuracy of the queue date calculator:

Thank you for your feedback concerning data provided by the Parent Queue calculator.

We have identified the cause of the issue and the Department of Home Affairs is working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

I have asked to be advised when the calculator is working correctly.

Best regards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The calculator is only for 103 and 804 visas - as I understand this covers all non-contributory parent sub-classes there are.

I randomly selected a date in mid June 2018 for both visas - total applications queued as of mid June 2018 = 38,920 as per the calculator. This is much less than the number in the migration report for 2017-2018 i.e. 50,642. Am I comparing the right numbers here?

image.thumb.png.f116bfcc0c1ea32bd3a0f6dec1c39a53.png

2 hours ago, Arti said:

The calculator is only for 103 and 804 visas - as I understand this covers all non-contributory parent sub-classes there are.

I randomly selected a date in mid June 2018 for both visas - total applications queued as of mid June 2018 = 38,920 as per the calculator. This is much less than the number in the migration report for 2017-2018 i.e. 50,642. Am I comparing the right numbers here?

image.thumb.png.f116bfcc0c1ea32bd3a0f6dec1c39a53.png

If you enter a queue date of 10/01/2020 it shows 35090 in the queue for 103 visas . Strange isn,t it , I am wondering if it is applications in this queue and total number of people within the applications in the migration report . 

2 hours ago, sh aron said:

Hi 

just a quick question when visa 143 is granted it says no condition but I have been told by few people it has condition of living 2 years.Has anyone got any idea?

Thanks 

143 is permanent residency, no caveats. 

2 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

If you enter a queue date of 10/01/2020 it shows 35090 in the queue for 103 visas . Strange isn,t it , I am wondering if it is applications in this queue and total number of people within the applications in the migration 

You're probably right - need to ask immigration the question I guess. And if the number of outcomes published = number of applications granted (and not the no of people within the applications) then the timelines shouldn't increase exponentially as thought previously!