Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, kevvo said:

Hello all

just a quick question we are waiting to hear from Centrelink  upon visa been granted how long have we to leave Australia for and also what time frame has to be spent outside Australia

Regards to all

Kevin

I've heard that a few days would be plenty. In one case the visa was approved only a few hours after they left the country. Just notify immi your plan to go out and come back in.

11 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

Hi all - I have a question please for those that are already living the dream and on 173 - I have a UK drivers license and know that I can drive with it for 3 months but then what happens then and what can I do until I have converted my 173 to 143?

TIA

You should apply and give driving test within 3 months and pass test for Aus DL. If you don't pass DL test, you can't drive after 3 months on UK DL. 173 visa is valid to give DL test. 143 is not necessary to give DL test.

Edited by Greece
Missed few text

On 30/08/2019 at 13:13, LindaH27 said:

I’ve read this and can totally understand what’s happening and why we are STILL waiting for AoS.  Our son in law tried to ring today and attempted 7 times.  Eventually he got an automated answer which asked him to state why he was ringing. “Assurance of support” he said “ you’re ringing about child support” the machine said 😡🤬 so that got him nowhere !  It’s bad that opening times are same as work hours so makes it almost impossible to ring!  We’re trying our local politician next as magic phone number we were given doesn’t get a sympathetic answer anymore..they are very rude if you ring it!  If anyone has any ideas what we can do to try and find out what the hell is going on we would be most grateful!  I might try my favorite green MP. He was very helpful when AoS payment levels were threatened with an increase.  

It appears that the AoS support line is the same number as unemployment queries!  So that makes it almost impossible to get through.  

Sunniest still waiting..and at least it’s getting warmer in Port McQ 😎😎😎

Edited by Rosiejaq
Adding text
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, nitz said:

@Rosiejaq Yeah i hope you get through your aos soon but are you talking about denatale lol,i know a couple of them raised the voice back then to decrease the amount.By the way i am still waiting for some movement again,applied on 5 jan 2016 for 143,my patience is really testing me

Hi @nitz. Yes de Natale!  We’re hoping we can get somewhere this week....so very frustrating!

Its a shame,i wish good for you @Rosiejaq  and if you do meet denatale or someone else from greens let them know how patiently people are waiting and this government under dutton’s rule for ministry of home affairs is just being careless about our hopes of reuniting with our families soon,its disappointing 

7 hours ago, nitz said:

Its a shame,i wish good for you @Rosiejaq  and if you do meet denatale or someone else from greens let them know how patiently people are waiting and this government under dutton’s rule for ministry of home affairs is just being careless about our hopes of reuniting with our families soon,its disappointing 

There are hundreds of thousands of prospective immigrants hoping for a visa of one sort or another to come to Australia. You are very lucky that Australia still allows parents to come here on a parent visa. It took my son 61/2 years to get his visa here, as the rules were changed retrospectively several times after he had applied on shore. My daughter took nearly 4 years for her partner visa, both these were years ago, so waiting for a visa is nothing new.

It’s best to be realistic about the wait times, get on with your life, and know that immigration doesn’t give a toss about anyone’s hope of a visa. The fault lies with the enormous number of parent visa applications, in the queue, there has to be a cap on the number approved annually, and until there are fewer applicants the waiting times won’t improve. So perhaps it’s the number of applicants to blame rather thanP Dutton’s department. Australia  doesn’t really want us, as many of us will probably end up a drain on the country.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, patience said:

Hi @Vincent92 wondering if you submitted everything (forms and supporting docs) and then went for your identity verification or did identity verification first at centrelink?

Hi Patience, my son and daughter in law done identity first and then the Aos on my gob. All on the 9/8 and were given a completion date of 20/09 but they weren’t sure if the date was just when they would check their doc by or to let them know if they had been successful. We are not expecting our visa until around Jan/Feb 2020. I know they have started the call for docs but looking on time lines over the last couple of years 6 months is about average. X

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

Yes heading to Sydney thank you for this

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

Yes heading to Sydney thank you for this

19 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

@Marilyn you’re heading for  Sydney aren’t you so this gives you you all the info! 

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/transfer-overseas-driver-licence

Hi LindaH27,

I'm heading for Canberra. Is there any information for Canberra?

1 hour ago, florafilan said:Does centrelink send out acknowledgements after AOS lodgement in person?  Didn't have a customer ID to use mygov so went in with the application.  I've since then linked centrelink to mygov but it shows nothing there.  I think I am getting paranoid.  

No they dont send u any acknowledgement for aos. All u need to do is call up the aos number 132850 & ask them to check whether your file is all good

The line is always busy & on hold waiting for the line is approximately about 30mins to an hour. So better to ring them at exactly 8am ^^ give them ur crn number & all the detail they ask to confirm ur id ^^ they are very helpful. 

FYI read the link below ^^ hope that help ^^ 

https://bigdream.com.au/en/aos/article/how-to-complete-an-aos#fn1

22 minutes ago, Mily said:

No they dont send u any acknowledgement for aos. All u need to do is call up the aos number 132850 & ask them to check whether your file is all good

The line is always busy & on hold waiting for the line is approximately about 30mins to an hour. So better to ring them at exactly 8am ^^ give them ur crn number & all the detail they ask to confirm ur id ^^ they are very helpful. 

FYI read the link below ^^ hope that help ^^ 

https://bigdream.com.au/en/aos/article/how-to-complete-an-aos#fn1

Thanks for that.  Very helpful.  Just tried calling twice.  Didn't even get pass the machine...  It just says no agent is available and if I would like to access service now I could go on to MyGov and then it said "Goodbye"  😅 .  I'll try tomorrow at 8