Guest guest36187

6 hours ago, David Leask said:

Thanks for the information. Sorry to hear of your troubles in getting the bank guarantee account open.

Is it wrong for me to say I would trade that stress to be where you are in the process emoji12.pngemoji12.png.

? no not at all, I honestly feel for everyone waiting... we have been in the same boat, almost 3 years with lots of goal posts changing.  I guess there was an assumed feeling that once the document request/ AOS came through things would get easier... i came to Oz 11years ago and it’s true what someone told me back then... entry to Australia on a long term basis is “survival of the fittest - mentally.” 

Best of luck to all those waiting, it will happen for you ?? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tidang said:

I really appreciate your supports Susie Roo can i ask one more question : when we get visa granted can i go to australia without my parents. Because they have to sell their house to get money and go after me

I think each visa is connected to your passport number, so you should be able to enter Australia on your own without trouble.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, airlinegal said:

Comm Bank won’t open the bank guarantee account unless you have all the money needed in your hand(cash/ bankers cheque) or are already a Comm Bank customer with the full amount of money sitting in the account, ready to do an instant transfer. 

Sorry - what did you expect? You have to have cleared funds for any transaction, whether it's buying a car or buying a burrito.

Related question - did the bank give you an option on the length of the term deposit? I was told that 5 years was the only option ... which sounds like bulls**t to me. The bank guarantee actually doesn't have any time period associated with it. You need a letter from centrelink agreeing to release it, which they will only give you after 10 years. 

Sounds like the CBA are up to their old tricks,  hoping that the term deposit locked up for 15+ years, when people forget to give rollover instructions at the 10 year mark.

14 minutes ago, thomas1965 said:

Sorry - what did you expect? You have to have cleared funds for any transaction, whether it's buying a car or buying a burrito.

Related question - did the bank give you an option on the length of the term deposit? I was told that 5 years was the only option ... which sounds like bulls**t to me. The bank guarantee actually doesn't have any time period associated with it. You need a letter from centrelink agreeing to release it, which they will only give you after 10 years. 

Sounds like the CBA are up to their old tricks,  hoping that the term deposit locked up for 15+ years, when people forget to give rollover instructions at the 10 year mark.

Hi, just going to chime in here. I am the assurer and when I opened my commbank term deposit the only option I had was 30 months. I have had to keep to that time limit on the term deposit ever since. I was told it was the only product that was available for this purpose. This was 9 years ago, so not a new thing the commbank are doing.

Feel for all of you in this part of the forum. Good luck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thomas1965 said:

Thanks for the info! Sounds like CBA staff are just making up what ever they feel like...

Quite possibly or equally likely is Centrelink putting some pointless red tape around the arrangements which ties the CBAs hands. Having lived here a while I could believe either scenario.

I have the joy of trying to get the bond back next year. See if I have to jelly wrestle them for it. ?

1 minute ago, Amber Snowball said:

I have the joy of trying to get the bond back next year. See if I have to jelly wrestle them for it.

How does the AoS expiry line up with the term deposit expiry? Are you able to tell them to not renew for the 30 month term at the last/next expiry date?

Just now, thomas1965 said:

How does the AoS expiry line up with the term deposit expiry? Are you able to tell them to not renew for the 30 month term at the last/next expiry date?

It misses by a month I think but it will have to be renewed, they won’t give it me back early and the law says it needs to be where it needs to be. I’ll just withdraw it a month into its new term, all that happens is I won’t get any interest paid.

If I find it’s any different I’ll let you know, but this is what I’m expecting. It matures April and I can access it in May from memory.

3 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I’ll just withdraw it a month into its new term, all that happens is I won’t get any interest paid.

There'll also be a break fee ... probably not a huge deal,  but ideally they should let you reduce the term to 30 days or something at the next  rollover date ...

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Mmmmm. Ok, will look out for that! Thanks.:)

might have a little look now....

Ok, none the wiser. The CBA has a holding account that matured term deposits sit in until they receive instructions, but I doubt they’ll let it sit in there, even for a month. 

So, I am leaving Australia in the next few months (if this house sale ever goes unconditional) and will be going into the CBA to change bank details/address/leave instructions as to what I want done. I’ll ask about this small time lag and see what they say. I’ll report back then.

14 hours ago, airlinegal said:

? no not at all, I honestly feel for everyone waiting... we have been in the same boat, almost 3 years with lots of goal posts changing.  I guess there was an assumed feeling that once the document request/ AOS came through things would get easier... i came to Oz 11years ago and it’s true what someone told me back then... entry to Australia on a long term basis is “survival of the fittest - mentally.” 

Best of luck to all those waiting, it will happen for you ?? 

Great to hear how well your application is going, but I am completely baffled why some ppl are getting called for documents (and AoS) months before others.

I can't help thinking immi is in complete meltdown and has now lost control of the process.

“survival of the fittest - mentally.” I'm mentally knackered!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Great to hear how well your application is going, but I am completely baffled why some ppl are getting called for documents (and AoS) months before others.

I can't help thinking immi is in complete meltdown and has now lost control of the process.

“survival of the fittest - mentally.” I'm mentally knackered!

@SusieRoo You and me both!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hi who can help me guess the process of my application Im very need to know this Please help me. 

1 . CPV lodgement 26.03.2015

2. Invation to commence document 21.10.2017

3. Request for documents 29.1.2018

4. AOS paid 9.4.2018

5. AOS acceptance letter ?

6 2nd VAC payment ? 

7 Visa granted ? 

I just know all of this because my sister do it . My sister get stuck in AOS about 4 months so howlong i get 2nd vac request . I see some application get 1 months to get 2nd payment and the others get about three months. Im so nervous because im dependent child whether i can fail and i have submit all of documents to prove i depent on my parents ( school fee, clothing recepit and i have study full time up to now) and how can i contact to immigration department to know my processing time    . 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2018 at 08:31, Ray and Geri said:

I agree, Westpac are good and no international transfer fees ( $15 for ANZ ) but I would still question the exchange rate deal they offer compared with Transferwise.......but as always..... it's who you are happy/comfortable with.

Thanks for the advice everyone,

The rate fell in our favour sort of and we did a deal with Accendo fx who we have used before. Checked rate against moneycorp etc and it was ok after a haggle.

The 2 nd VAC paid to immigration and we are waiting for our Visa email then its booking flights. After 3 1/2 years everything has happened in two weeks ! Pss are coming for our stuff next week and it is all bonkers in our house at the moment. I will have a bit more time to explore the other companies before our next transaction.

If you hear a big Yahooooo across the uk its because we've had our email.

Thanks again

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Pertenhall Can you pay AOS bond before getting approval letter? Am just confused as @Tidang‘s signature has no date for AOS approval letter ? 

Yes the bond is paid into a Commonwealth bank account then you need to wait for the approval letter from Centrelink to get to the 2nd vac request from immigration. 

Its a long drawn out process I’m afraid 

• Thanks 1

Pertnhall you should visit centrelink or call them so your AOS can approve soon . Because my sister do it and they just let me know all of this Linda . I just wonder when they give me 2nd vac request ? after AOS paid someone please let me know

8 minutes ago, Tidang said:

MikenC Please tell me the detail of Your AOS . Why some application lodged after our be granted but you and me is still waiting for this ???

I’m at a loss. I really have know idea but I’m sure it won’t be to long now we just have to be a little patience, after over three years another few weeks/months will soon pass. 

The bond was lodged in the 5/4/2018 and Centrelink was made aware of this on the same day

Edited by MikenC