Guest guest36187

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/80.pdf

Forewarned is forearmed ... :wink:

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

I have a question, if you don't mind (I see you are very knowledgeable/helpful, for which we are all grateful!). Are you aware if every parent visa applicant is now requested to fill out Form 80, or is it a "lucky draw" for want of a better description?

Many thanks,

Amanda

It looks a bit daunting at first but lots of it can be answered with "no". What does worry me though are the dates of schooling, employments, visits abroad. How on earth could you remember the dates? When I finally retired, I gleefully ditched all my old CV's, thinking I would never need them again! Lots of other related paperwork was ditched at the same time. Schooling and employment dates were all there but now gone forever. Hopefully, approximate dates will be ok.

The honest answer is I don't know when we were allocated a case officer! We are working with an emigration agent and we received a request from her to complete form 80 and an Oz police check 4 weeks ago. I think that's probably when she knew who our allocated case officer was, but I still don't know. By the way, if you've not seen the form 80 yet get ready for another hair pulling exercise! The information they want to know not only goes back to junior school, all work details since the first job but then asks if you've any military, intelligence, police or explosives training!!! Apparently it's aimed at asylum seekers and similar but there's only one form for the likes of us, 173 and 143 applicants. Bet you cant wait to see it. The only good thing about it for us was that we knew it was nearly the end of the wait.

Thanks for the info. I have already completed the dreaded Form 80 and yes it was perfectly horrible to do. Some of the answers I did have to give an educated guess as I couldn't actually remember some of the dates just the years.

Have just seen form 80 - my husband is Ex police and was at Catford when bombed so pretty sure he had explosive training after that. This is going to be fun. As we have taken plunge and move here already - furniture and belongings as well I ditched all unnecessary paperwork!!! Kim

Hi Alan,

I have a question, if you don't mind (I see you are very knowledgeable/helpful, for which we are all grateful!). Are you aware if every parent visa applicant is now requested to fill out Form 80, or is it a "lucky draw" for want of a better description?

Many thanks,

Amanda

Hello Amanda.

I perceive the default setting to be for the PVC to request a form 80 for all applicants.

I'd be interested to know if any applicants who have received requests to progress the AoS in the last 6 months haven't also been asked to provide a completed form 80 ...

Best regards.

Hello Amanda.

I perceive the default setting to be for the PVC to request a form 80 for all applicants.

I'd be interested to know if any applicants who have received requests to progress the AoS in the last 6 months haven't also been asked to provide a completed form 80 ...

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Many thanks, I wonder how they use these forms to be honest, with so much info requested, but hey ho, if that's what they want, then that's what we must do. I'd also be interested to know if all applicants have been asked recently :-)

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Alan,

Many thanks, I wonder how they use these forms to be honest, with so much info requested, but hey ho, if that's what they want, then that's what we must do. I'd also be interested to know if all applicants have been asked recently :-)

All the best,

Amanda

To me the form 80 is now completely OTT.

When it first came out 10 or so years ago it was a 3 page form.

Then the security concerns were heightened and as questions have been added over the years we have the present incarnation.

A cut down version for those from low risk countries would be most welcome ... and a measure of discretion as to the need for completion by those of more senior years, who (IMHO) are hardly likely to commit jihad - they are more concerned with being in Australia to spend time with children and grandchildren!

Onwards and upwards!

To me the form 80 is now completely OTT.

When it first came out 10 or so years ago it was a 3 page form.

Then the security concerns were heightened and as questions have been added over the years we have the present incarnation.

A cut down version for those from low risk countries would be most welcome ... and a measure of discretion as to the need for completion by those of more senior years, who (IMHO) are hardly likely to commit jihad - they are more concerned with being in Australia to spend time with children and grandchildren!

Onwards and upwards!

Oh if only the UK immigration people made migrants complete a similar form! We might then know who is living here!

Guest Phalarope83

Vava,

Fancy suggesting something like that! To some of our lefty, namby pamby, wishy washy voters that would be called 'racist'. To all right thinking individuals it would appear the correct thing to do. What are the chances of it being introduced over here ? ..............Nil I would say! And besides, we don't have enough pen pushers to deal with such paperwork. I'm sure Mr Corbyn would be against it anyway.

Vava,

Fancy suggesting something like that! To some of our lefty, namby pamby, wishy washy voters that would be called 'racist'. To all right thinking individuals it would appear the correct thing to do. What are the chances of it being introduced over here ? ..............Nil I would say! And besides, we don't have enough pen pushers to deal with such paperwork. I'm sure Mr Corbyn would be against it anyway.

Don't get me started on the way this country is run! I'd be wanting to emigrate even if my daughter didn't live in Australia! I can't watch the news these days without my blood pressure rising.

In just 18 more sleeps I'll be sitting on a plane bound for Brisbane.............and relaxxxxxxxxxx!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. My OH & I put in our cpv143 visa application in June of this year. We used an agent and paid our first VAC and had an acknowledgement in short order. Both our sons and the grandkids are now living in Port Stephens, NSW so we're hoping to join them. In the meantime we've bought a motorhome and plan to explore as much of the U.K. And Europe while waiting. I've been lurking for a while (as you do) and have learnt loads already and am looking forward to learning more.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. My OH & I put in our cpv143 visa application in June of this year. We used an agent and paid our first VAC and had an acknowledgement in short order. Both our sons and the grandkids are now living in Port Stephens, NSW so we're hoping to join them. In the meantime we've bought a motorhome and plan to explore as much of the U.K. And Europe while waiting. I've been lurking for a while (as you do) and have learnt loads already and am looking forward to learning more.

Hi

We also have a visa application in and travelling to Spain in Feb in our motorhome . We will be staying at Cabo De Gata campsite in Almeria if you fancy a catch up . We have an Arto van with a Crystal palace flag (Keith & Sandra )

Guest Phalarope83

Well would you believe it! Second VAC requested, credit card limit upped with bank, informed them of large charge coming from Oz Government - Immigration. This was last week and so how surprised was I to receive a call from my agent yesterday informing me that my bank had declined the debit - twice! Bank apologises but says its an anti scam level of security and they would monitor the account to facilitate paying the money and by the way what time would the request be made from Oz!!!!!! After explaining the time difference, the non cooperation of the immigration department and the urgent nature of this payment she said that she would monitor it first thing in the morning when she came into work at 8am!!!!! When I said that the Immigration people over there would already have finished for the day by then she was stumped. I suppose all I can do is sit at home with my fingers crossed and hope. So take this as a warning my friends .

Edited by Phalarope83

Well would you believe it! Second VAC requested, credit card limit upped with bank, informed them of large charge coming from Oz Government - Immigration. This was last week and so how surprised was I to receive a call from my agent yesterday informing me that my bank had declined the debit - twice! Bank apologises but says its an anti scam level of security and they would monitor the account to facilitate paying the money and by the way what time would the request be made from Oz!!!!!! After explaining the time difference, the non cooperation of the immigration department and the urgent nature of this payment she said that she would monitor it first thing in the morning when she came into work at 8am!!!!! When I said that the Immigration people over there would already have finished for the day by then she was stumped. I suppose all I can do is sit at home with my fingers crossed and hope. So take this as a warning my friends .

How frustrating! What date did you pri ally apply for your visa, we are still waiting - we applied 31st Oct 2013. We are in final processing. Fingers crossed your payment goes through today!

Guest Phalarope83

Stephanie, Ours went through mid December 2013 but I'm not sure of exact date as we used an agent. How can your application not be processed by now?

Guest Phalarope83

The saga continues. My bank requires a one hour time frame for the Oz Immigration to present the payment because of the large amount of money involved. That's not going to happen - as we are all aware as the Immigration people just don't communicate! After a long consultation I'm informed that there is nothing that the bank can do to assist. I'm a bit at a loss now so anyone out there any ideas? Beware friends or when the time comes to pay you could end up in this situation

The saga continues. My bank requires a one hour time frame for the Oz Immigration to present the payment because of the large amount of money involved. That's not going to happen - as we are all aware as the Immigration people just don't communicate! After a long consultation I'm informed that there is nothing that the bank can do to assist. I'm a bit at a loss now so anyone out there any ideas? Beware friends or when the time comes to pay you could end up in this situation

Hi

can you not transfer the money to your son or daughters bank account and get them to do a bankers draft which Immi will accept? That is what we intend to do, you will also avoid the huge credit card charges.

Julie

Hi there,

I think it would be an idea to transfer your funds to pay for the visa into your son/daughters account in Australia if you don't have an account there yourself. He/she can then raise a bank cheque and send it directly to IMMI in Perth. If you email your case officer and advise them of your dilemma, they will allow you some extra time to get things in order. It's extremely simple to transfer funds over to an Australian bank account. I did it this morning.......Christmas bonus went straight from our uk account to Halo Financial (other transfer companies are available) and they'll shift it over to our ANZ account. Easy peasy!

Good luck with it all and don't be too shy to ask for more help - that's what we're all here for!

Regards, Val

I know. It is for my mum - Contributory parent visa - we have submitted all the papers and I called them 5 weeks ago (on hold for two hours) only to be told she is in final processing and we will hear soon. I was also told that there are no red flags on the file so just need to wait. I am not sure what else we can do. I am visiting the uk at the moment as her house has sold so we are packing up - however we can't get anything shipped until the visa comes through. I swear this has been the fasted house sale in history! If anyone has any suggestions it will be great fully appreciated!

Guest Phalarope83

Hi There Vava and Julie. I thought the credit card route, though expensive would be easy and cause our son less work and stress! Now we are going down the path you suggested. We have sufficient funds over there so just need to organise inter bank transfer and for them to get the counter cheque raised and sent off. It all takes time though and we have now lost a week and the money must be paid within another 3 weeks or we could lose the visas! lets hope it goes more smoothly now