Guest guest36187

hi

we completed 143 visa on 4th october 2015, take a seat in the waiting room, and be prepared for the long wait, be worth it in the end.

Hello kimboslice,

Could you please add your details to the signature line, so that our fellow 2015 lodgers can stalk each other's progress. There's a long queue piling up @ the 2015 lodging area.

Judy.

We have our 103 queue date! Was about to leave for the airport on Friday for a weekend away in Amsterdam and just checked my emails and there it was. We were expecting it to take a few more weeks so that was a surprise. Just a decade or so (hopefully not much more than this) to wait for a visa. I am guessing and hoping that people drop out, change their mind, jump over to the 143 etc and am working on a 50% reduction in wait time due to this but could be way out. Is anyone on here, maybe Fisher1, able to give any insight into how quickly or slowly the 103 queue tends to move?

We have our 103 queue date! Was about to leave for the airport on Friday for a weekend away in Amsterdam and just checked my emails and there it was. We were expecting it to take a few more weeks so that was a surprise. Just a decade or so (hopefully not much more than this) to wait for a visa. I am guessing and hoping that people drop out, change their mind, jump over to the 143 etc and am working on a 50% reduction in wait time due to this but could be way out. Is anyone on here, maybe Fisher1, able to give any insight into how quickly or slowly the 103 queue tends to move?

from the weekly Immi test email:

"OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (Subclass 103)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer (which may take up to 17 months) your eligibility for a visa will be assessed and if you are found to meet eligibility requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged in March 2015

We are currently assessing for finalization applications with a queue date up to May 2009".

I take that to mean currently 7 years from queue date.

Hi Ruth

We were on the 103 waiting list for two years and our queue date was August 2013. We swapped to the 143 because we were getting worried about passing medical school several years down the line, but the queue did seem to be moving more quickly than immi predicted. There were 22500 or so ahead of us when we first got our queue date and 18200 when we withdrew in February this year. I found a way of checking how quickly the queue was moving, although this would not necessarily be a certain prediction for future movement, it gave me an idea and I found it encouraging. This is what I did: If you get onto the electronic calculator, you type in your queue date, the visa number and click to see how many are ahead of you. I used to type in the day and month but with progressively earlier years to see which year was currently being processed. The last time I did this in January 2016, I found that people with my queue date in 2008 had only about 500 people in front of them - so I calculated a wait of about eight years.

A warning though :-) past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future results. Also, beware, dont do it too often it can get w bit obsessive.

Good luck!

PS I have just checked the calculator for our old queue date and the number of people who would have been ahead of us by now is 17130, so it's gone down by almost a thousand since January. Hope this helps.

Edited by Fisher1

Alan, you might need warmer clothing for Thursday if this report is right! Snow?! http://www.973fm.com.au/newsroom/get-ready-for-snow-australia

Brrrrrr mind you my flight lands at midday, my 1.5 interview hour slot is at 1pm, then straight back to the airport, so hopefully the pace of things will keep me warm enough, but thanks for the heads up. 3 tshirts and long socks might just do it! :biglaugh: Always a good interview look methinks!

Thanks Fisher1 and Pat and Bill. 10 years would be perfect for us as our plan is to retire first and we are 54 (nearly) and 55 now. Our daughter has no plans to leave the UK so we will always have ties here too. Your replies are encouraging that we should not be too far off although I know it is a very impresice science and we still have to pass the medicals.

Brrrrrr mind you my flight lands at midday, my 1.5 interview hour slot is at 1pm, then straight back to the airport, so hopefully the pace of things will keep me warm enough, but thanks for the heads up. 3 tshirts and long socks might just do it! :biglaugh: Always a good interview look methinks!

GOOD LUCK Alan. Sun shining here in Sydneyside but need a Cardie so must be under 25 degrees. Australian Language lesson No 1

shorts are boardies,

t-shirt are tees, you wear a rash on the beach - long sleeve uv protection top,

trousers are pants for girls and boys - yuk,

Girls - purse is your handbag and your purse is a wallet

thongs are flip flops NZ call them jaggles,

GOOD LUCK Alan. Sun shining here in Sydneyside but need a Cardie so must be under 25 degrees. Australian Language lesson No 1

shorts are boardies,

t-shirt are tees, you wear a rash on the beach - long sleeve uv protection top,

trousers are pants for girls and boys - yuk,

Girls - purse is your handbag and your purse is a wallet

thongs are flip flops NZ call them jaggles,

Any more difficulties with translation - check out "Let's Talk Strine" by Afferbeck Lauder!

Hi all, I just posted this in the money thread but thought it might be useful/scary/exciting on here too!

"This mornings foreign exchange info on the website of a company I use - "We expect a range today in the GBP/AUD rate of 1.5652 to 2.1520" - it seems nobody can tell what may happen with either result. Two days ago it was "1.9580 to 1.9720". I know which way I need it to go!"

We're moving to Aus whatever happens!

Amanda