Guest guest36187

Immi just said

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 7 March 2014.

Please note that in March 2014 we received 20% more applications than in any of the previous 9 months so the dates may be slower to change.

any slower and we will need the tardis to go back in time Kim

Guest geordie joe
Immi just said

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 7 March 2014.

Please note that in March 2014 we received 20% more applications than in any of the previous 9 months so the dates may be slower to change.

Thanks for the update Kim.

Immi sure know how to suck the positive energy out of a room, I can hear the audible sign from us all in the waiting room. So given the uplift in applications in March created a back log are we to assume that this 20% surge means a drop in applications in April/May. Therefore can we expect a message from immi saying great news folks given the drop in applications we are really going to speed through the next few months......

Joe

Don't be Silly Joe Immi only taketh away never giveth!

We are off to NZ on Saturday as our Visa runs out and here's hoping we can sneak an electronic visitor visa in when we get there so we can return for another three months to wait and wait and wait ........or will be waiting in NZ until whenever we are granted some time in dream time land so everyone fingers crossed Kim

Immi just said

Hi Kim,

Joe is right, any positive energy has just gone. It's hard to remain upbeat when you've just been told by Immi that they can actually go slower than they were doing :cry::cry:

On the bright side, we know we're all in it together.

Chin up, at least we're on the home stretch. Early 2014, when we lodged seems such a long time ago.

I'm trying to think positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts.

Cheers

Phil

Guest Harrythompson1

Reading through your post again it seems you don't have to add step brothers and sisters if they are not blood related, they are through marriage is this right. Harrythompson1

Thanks for the update Kim.

Immi sure know how to suck the positive energy out of a room, I can hear the audible sign from us all in the waiting room. So given the uplift in applications in March created a back log are we to assume that this 20% surge means a drop in applications in April/May. Therefore can we expect a message from immi saying great news folks given the drop in applications we are really going to speed through the next few months......

Joe

Hi Joe

I'm surprised you didn't hear my sigh in OZ. Not to mention the bad language!

Julie

Hi All,

For all those knocking at the door wanting to get outside.

Timeline for the forum;

Dolphin1962 01st April 2014

Maisiedaisy 09th April 2014

Harvi13. 15th April 2014

Harleydphil. 23rd April 2014

Joop (Mum). 30th April 2014

Skeelsy. 23rd May 2014

Julie1499. 23rd June 2014

Sadge. 24th June 2014

Geordiejoe. 16th July 2014

Steve2. 01st July 2014

Apologies if I have missed anyone, interesting that Immi say March was a busy month ?

Bored Regards

Phil

- No need for a medical

- Took around 4 weeks but that was due to requiring clarification regarding the medical cover they requested.

- The no further stay was to confirm we understood if we were here for the 12 months we couldn't re-enter via a tourist visa for another 6 months, once the 143 is granted you can re-enter immediately.

Joe

Hey Geordie Joe,

This may seem a strange question, but following on from my previous post, and now knowing you're in the situation I was interested in of being on an e600 whilst having active 143 application..... Can I please ask if you have access to reciprocal Medicare arrangements whilst you spend time in Aus on the e600? Were you able to enrol in Medicare, and that having the active 143 application didn't affect this.

Brill and very interesting list - none for this 'supposed' extra 20% in March yet 5 in April to my lonely 1 in May.

Maybe the March crowd are off celebrating still the fact they got in before the price hike - some party!

So as a 173 I didn't get a 'pre-call' at end of Nov, a month after yours, and we don't have a 143 for my month to confirm this happened. I am calling 'pre-call' the contact from immi to say do AOS and be given HAP no.

Therefore, Julie1499 and Sadge should have received their 'pre-call' end of Dec and a month later and not a peep - I am sure they are 143's. JOOP I am assuming is 173 as should have had pre-call shortly after HarleyPhil.

We know HarleyPhil can't have CO until after Harvi13 to keep in order.

If I'm correct then this set out our puzzle as to guess our CO date! Kim

Was thinking of a quick trip in and out to f Oz but maybe we should use it as an opportunity to explore a bit as we will have to get work once we get our visa and having time off will be more difficult esp as we have a 12 year old who will need to be in school. So maybe to fill my time now I should be planning an amazing trip to NZ instead of stalking the waiting room!

Hi My husband has rellies in Auckland and whanganui so only been to one island so far but loved everything we have seen. Couldn't live there as 'too small' - it feels like you would be living in Isle of Wight but lovely to visit. We are treating ourselves to few nights in Rotorua in experience some mud. If we are refused a visitors visa then we plan to get a camper and explore. Will be nightmare as left 19 year son home alone here in Oz - just the thought of the likely parties is stressful enough and trying to finalise everything else. Optimistic me says will get it then home end of next week and have three months before we have to leave or sooner if get to grant do then back to NZ for that. Kim

Hi Skeelsy/Kim,

im new to the forum but I have been reading thru the interesting postings for some time now. Have you already submitted your medicals or still waiting. What I gather is that if you apply for a 143, you get a request sooner for medical and pcc. My parents have also applied for a 173.

Hi Bear2015. I am one of the new wave that did not get a HaP no or date to have medical done by. In the 'olden days' 143 were notified approx 3 months before expected to have case officer to go and do their AOS but 173 not asked at this point as no AOS. Then when got to CO both 143 and 173 given Hap no. Then they changed a few years ago that acknowledgement letter of lodging gave hap no and asked meds and AOS done by a year later. This system was stopped round mid April 2014 and we assume reverted to old system as no Hap no given so being in May we didn't get hap no. We know Dolphin1962 who is 9 April did get hap no and HarleyPhil who lodged 23 April didn't get hap no. However HarleyPhil did get notified end of October 2015 with both hap no and asked to sort AOS. So my assumption is we are going back to old system and HarleyPhil should have CO any time now. So we wait - a skill essential as an applicant here to see what happens.

After a a long winded start answer is no we haven't had med as not got hap no. Interestingly if you read new health requirement changes implemented nov 2015 I think 173 from now if not received no, are on list which uk is and considered a temp visa which I think it is then we won't be required to fo meds until convert to 143 in 2 years.

Anyone see I got something wrong above please jump in and correct me as a mere mortal its nearly impossible to fathom the higher plane thinking of immi!!! Kim

Thanks Kim,

it is so nice to be in this forum . I was also assuming things , but you cleared my doubts. My parent applied only Last year, and its sooo hard to wait. I can imagine what others who applied in 2014 are going thru. Luckily there are like minded people here, to drown your anxiety and live in hope that the people before you get in fast. :wacko:

Hi I'm hoping that someone will be able to give me some advice; me and my sister both live here in Sydney I have PR and my sister is going through hers now and we want our mom to come out and live here with us. She is alone in uk with no other children/husband or family. Do you know what the easiest/quickest way of us doing this and if its possible? She is 65 and retired by the way. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Have just had notification of my withdrawal from the103 visa queue. Feels terrible, like someone has taken my security blanket! Still at least I'm now on the 'proper' list and hope to get a visa before the end of time :wink:

Hi Fisher1

Congratulations on joining the realms of the mystical 143/173, first task is like "Where's Wally" except we're looking for the "Lesser Spotted Case Officer". Please report all sightings to the forum.

Thanks

Phil

Hi I'm hoping that someone will be able to give me some advice; me and my sister both live here in Sydney I have PR and my sister is going through hers now and we want our mom to come out and live here with us. She is alone in uk with no other children/husband or family. Do you know what the easiest/quickest way of us doing this and if its possible? She is 65 and retired by the way. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Before you go down route of parent visa just have a look at remaining relative visa. I know has long wait to actually getting visa but I think if you apply in Australia then get bridging visa to stay so doesn't matter how long waiting is. I could be wrong so check Kim

Hi Bear2015. I am one of the new wave that did not get a HaP no or date to have medical done by. In the 'olden days' 143 were notified approx 3 months before expected to have case officer to go and do their AOS but 173 not asked at this point as no AOS. Then when got to CO both 143 and 173 given Hap no. Then they changed a few years ago that acknowledgement letter of lodging gave hap no and asked meds and AOS done by a year later. This system was stopped round mid April 2014 and we assume reverted to old system as no Hap no given so being in May we didn't get hap no. We know Dolphin1962 who is 9 April did get hap no and HarleyPhil who lodged 23 April didn't get hap no. However HarleyPhil did get notified end of October 2015 with both hap no and asked to sort AOS. So my assumption is we are going back to old system and HarleyPhil should have CO any time now. So we wait - a skill essential as an applicant here to see what happens.

After a a long winded start answer is no we haven't had med as not got hap no. Interestingly if you read new health requirement changes implemented nov 2015 I think 173 from now if not received no, are on list which uk is and considered a temp visa which I think it is then we won't be required to fo meds until convert to 143 in 2 years.

Anyone see I got something wrong above please jump in and correct me as a mere mortal its nearly impossible to fathom the higher plane thinking of immi!!! Kim

being the quiet type, thought I would mention that we lodged on 12th May 2014 and in due time were given our HAP numbers. Don't know how that goes with your calculations

being the quiet type, thought I would mention that we lodged on 12th May 2014 and in due time were given our HAP numbers. Don't know how that goes with your calculations
Hi we didn't receive our Hap no when lodged 23 May nor did HarleyPhil who lodged 23 April. We know Joop did get hap no who lodged 30 April. Could I ask did you get hap no with acknowledgement letter or a few months ago? Thanks for input as every bit of info helps others around us in the same parent visa boat Kim

Hi fellow waiting room occupants - anybody else noticed that in the Acknowledgement email (mine's dated 6th February 2014), there is a "Position Number" - mine's 2886? What numbers do other people have? Is this the position in the queue does anyone know?

Also, something I haven't seen mentioned before re the number of visas? Are these individual or would a couple count as 1?

What is a HAP number?

Is there ever an end to questions:smile: