Guest guest36187

Hi everyone,

I've been frequently looking at all of your posts since our application for our 143 in June this year.

Our payment for 1st vac was taken within 2 days and we received our receipt and acknowledgement letter very soon after.

I am now slightly concerned as the acknowledgement letter does not have any instructions when to have medicals and police checks done. On reading other posts it seems like everyone else's had this info .

Already stressed and it's only been 4 months in the waiting room .

Any advise will be appreciated .

Lisa

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone,

I've been frequently looking at all of your posts since our application for our 143 in June this year.

Our payment for 1st vac was taken within 2 days and we received our receipt and acknowledgement letter very soon after.

I am now slightly concerned as the acknowledgement letter does not have any instructions when to have medicals and police checks done. On reading other posts it seems like everyone else's had this info .

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Don't get concerned, they haven't issued instructions for some time, we applied in July last year and we are in the same position.

Regards

Joe

if anyone could help with this that be great

my oh parent wants to move out after we have been in oz, yes we know it has to be over two years she in her 50s now and not sure what the costs would be, or if is better applying for one in oz on a hol or back in uk?

and how hard would it be for her to get a property with paying all the money out for a visa to get over there. after selling house for what she hopes would be around 110k GBP how would she do after visa and stuff? obviously she has savings but have no idea what that sum is

plus she has a good goverment pension with working in a school for a lot of years so can she claim this over there?

and she also has a private pension which she has been paying into for 20 year (at a guess)

Edited by davidholly

Phewwww thanks for putting my mind at rest .

I'll sleep better tonight now !!!

Lisa

Hi, we are in the same position. Our lodgement date was 9th June, so we can keep an eye on each other :0)) We have planned on getting medicals and police checks done this time next year, together with AoS, so that when we get allocated a case officer they have all the info.

Geoff and Gill

Guest piramida

Hello anyone,

I didn't been long time here, because my husband and me have very hard period.

It is long story.

We applied for parent visa 173 to 143. We paid 14000 dollars for Bond. How long time we waiting now to pay visa and how Immigration inform us regarding that. Will they contact us via email or via mail.

Thank you very much for any help

Hi everyone,

Lisa

Hi Lisa we sent in our application in April & like you received acknowledgment but no further instructions , just got to sit it out &I hope things speed up

best of luck Lorraine

Hi Lisa we sent in our application in April & like you received acknowledgment but no further instructions , just got to sit it out &I hope things speed up

best of luck Lorraine

Mine was lidged Oct last year and acknowledged in February this year. Nothing heard since but this seems to be fairly standard for everybody really. It's frustrating but you just have to be patient and wait until they get to you - it'll be a long wait!

Hi Guys......so mum finally had a request for her police clearance and last page of passport after waiting for close to 2 years (her application date was Oct 2013). The email stated the other documents had been assessed. We submitted the information requested however have not heard anything for the last 6 weeks....we guess the next stage is asking for the 2nd instalment........does anyone know how long it might be until we hear now? It is causing a lot of anxiety! I know I am asking how long a piece of string is but thought someone might be able to shed some light. Thanks in advance.

WOOOOW, Finally co requested for 2nd VAC. So dear anyone knows which is the better way to pay either by checque or by credit card. Money has been alredy sent to our daughter. So kindly pls put some light regarding the mode of payment

Hi vicky, that's great news... just wondering when was your Lodgement Date?

WOOOOW, Finally co requested for 2nd VAC. So dear anyone knows which is the better way to pay either by checque or by credit card. Money has been alredy sent to our daughter. So kindly pls put some light regarding the mode of payment

Dear Vicky,

The best method would be to ask your daughter to get a bank cheque from her bank and send it to IMMI by courier which is the most secure way. She must enclose all your details so they know who its from. I think my daughter enclosed a photocopy or a print out of the request with ours.

Won't be long now......

Regards, Val

Hi all

No reply to the auto email this week at all, has anybody had any lick with it?

Not frustrated - much :err:

Steve

Hi Steve

i've tried too but nothing. Their last update was don't expect any change to the date for the next few weeks as they are finalising loads of visas. They didn't say don't expect no reply!:arghh:

Ah well the wait goes on......and on .....

Julie

Hi Steve

i've tried too but nothing. Their last update was don't expect any change to the date for the next few weeks as they are finalising loads of visas. They didn't say don't expect no reply!:arghh:

Julie

Hi Julie

I didn't even get that reply last week!

Would you copy the relevant section on here please?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

Julie

I tried and after a couple of attempts, got a reply ...... still 6th December 2013

Hi I'm new member and am so happy to be in contact with people in same boat as us. We applied for 173 on 23 May 2014 and feels like swimming in treacle to get to case officer. We didn't get our acknowledgement unti 16 Dec 2014. My main questions are how can you judge when getting close to being contacted as feel 'test' date seems vague as conflicting data appear on visa tracker. I have worn out one pencil already trying to calculate likely date?? From comments on here seems like there is big difference in time to case officer for applicants lodging at similar time. Really really hard playing this waiting game especially when we are paying such high costs for massive delays on the quoted times when we lodged with minimal warning and vague explanations. We tried to get details needed for Medicals in order to be ready only to be told we can't have details needed for Medicals until we had a case officer but seems others have been able to do it? Moan over - still really excited about getting our PR

Guest Phalarope83

Hi Skeelsy, I'm sure that all of us on here know how you feel and if you have read the above two posts you will see that we appear to be no further forwards than last week as per processing dates! We applied in December 2013 and are using an agent. She told us to get medicals and police check done in March 2015 and gave us the relevant reference number from the Immi people over the water. Since then.....nothing! Like you our life is on hold and there's nothing we can do about it. We have had estate agents round today for valuations just in case the wheels start moving soon but realistically I cant see much movement until after Christmas. Just get on with your lives as best you can and keeps your hopes alive. This is an excellent forum for picking up information, good and bad, but sometimes anything helps to lift the frustration. Good Luck, John

Thanks John. We are in unusual position as have 2 daughters + 2 gorgeous grandchildren migrated to Sydney plus a teenage son living with us. We took plunge to move here temporarily just before we applied for parents visa so that our son could start his HSC as he would be part of our application being under 16. After an initial delay to our application due to visa dept stuffing up second daughter's PR then this delay with actual processing we have been here year longer than anticipated. We were able to stay on student and guardian visas plus couple of other temp visas but now no more options to 'duck and dive' if we don't get processed soon. We took risk to come early but so worth it as my son had fantastic education end to school life here, made friends and sampled life here. According to him I was 'wicked witch of west' dragging him here to start with now I 'walk on water' as loves it here. He is on young persons year visa and working. I have been able help care for 4 years and 6 week grandchildren which was invaluable to my daughter. Our furniture and possessions are here and house rented out back in UK so thought of having to return to Uk to 'camp out' until case officer and grant is not nice which we will have to after Jan 30. Living here last 3 years has showed we are making best decision ever and seeing our girls thrive and having amazing time here helps cope with pain leaving loved ones behind and dealing with 'migrating process'. Anyone in similar dilemma?? Kim

Thanks John. We are in unusual position as have 2 daughters + 2 gorgeous grandchildren migrated to Sydney plus a teenage son living with us. We took plunge to move here temporarily just before we applied for parents visa so that our son could start his HSC as he would be part of our application being under 16. After an initial delay to our application due to visa dept stuffing up second daughter's PR then this delay with actual processing we have been here year longer than anticipated. We were able to stay on student and guardian visas plus couple of other temp visas but now no more options to 'duck and dive' if we don't get processed soon. We took risk to come early but so worth it as my son had fantastic education end to school life here, made friends and sampled life here. According to him I was 'wicked witch of west' dragging him here to start with now I 'walk on water' as loves it here. He is on young persons year visa and working. I have been able help care for 4 years and 6 week grandchildren which was invaluable to my daughter. Our furniture and possessions are here and house rented out back in UK so thought of having to return to Uk to 'camp out' until case officer and grant is not nice which we will have to after Jan 30. Living here last 3 years has showed we are making best decision ever and seeing our girls thrive and having amazing time here helps cope with pain leaving loved ones behind and dealing with 'migrating process'. Anyone in similar dilemma?? Kim

Hi kim

its really interesting to read your story as we have just taken the plunge and booked our tickets for dec 30. We applied for our 143 cont parent visa on 1 April 2014 and are also very frustrated. We have 2 daughters and 4 grandchildren in Perth and a 12 year old son with us. I a so desperate to be there for feb the start of the school year that we have decided to jump the gun and go in on a holiday visa and hope the 143 comes with in the 12 weeks. If not we will have to apply for the tourist visa before it runs out. I really feel for you as know exactly what it feels like. I really hope your visa comes through before end of Jan but think you do need to prepare yourselves as immi really seem to be taking there time at the moment. Linda

Thanks Linda. My sister migrated to Perth and lives in Sepentine. Just got from visiting her. Everything crossed for you and can't praise school system enough. My son was running with some dubious characters before leaving Uk and difference was amazing. School was strict but encouraging. Having nightmares about having to return but if need be will do what it takes as no regrets about jumping in Kim

Guest Phalarope83

Morning Joyce,

I'll be interested when we get a case officer too! What a long wait but I've decided to get things moving and had two estate agents round on Friday for a valuation exercise. One, who I know very well suggested I held an ' informal viewing ' for two of her clients and they came round yesterday morning. I will be interested to get the feedback tomorrow. Hopefully they will be interested enough to put an offer in if or when we put the house on the market. I'm also considering getting in touch with shipping agents for similar reasons. If we get the go ahead we would love to be in Brisbane for Christmas, but who knows! Where are you looking to relocate to over there?

Guest Phalarope83

Hi Joyce, We did our medicals in March and it all went well apart from my blood pressure being through the roof! The doc was not overly worried as the blood test would reveal any problems, according to him! So the examination, blood test and xray went off OK and we were informed that the results would automatically be uploaded to the immigration website the following week. Since then ....... nothing - so we don't even know if we passed the medical! So if your in relatively good health you should have nothing to worry about. Good luck and will keep you informed. PS Would love to visit Townsville one day as I'm told it lovely up there. May meet up for a coffee, lol. Fingers crossed.