Six months in Oz - reality has set in

Guest SophieKin

Hi there,

I can sympathise with everyone on here, as we emigrated here in October 2009, we waited so long to get here, we got permenant residency visas 1/1/2 years ago, we flew out to register them whilst waiting to sell our house. which fell through 5 times. In the last 1 1/2 everything has rocketed in price, cant believe how much, if we'd have known now, we would not have emigrated here, if we came out 1 1/2 years ago we could afford a lovely house looking over the beach in Coolum, now we can t even afford a shack, house prices are ridiclous, $400K + plus for a tiny run down type of house, the interest rates are worse, we just dont know how people survive here.

My husband wants to return to the uk as we still have our house, our lifestyle was so much betterm 1 tropical, 2 med holidays a year withj just my husband working, here all we seem to do is scrimp and scrape along, we didnt come to Australia for that, we are giving it till October, if no different we are heading back to the UK, a warning to all people looking at coming, make sure you have plenty of cash, you'll need it.

We know another 4 couples in the same boat, some friends we have made have been here for 3 years, they are worse off than in the uk, they are heading back in October.

Not having a moan abou tthis, this is how it is now, think we should have got visas now for NZ.

Hi,

I bet your SO glad your house did not sell now a blessing in disguise:biggrin: wish ours hadn't , unfortunately we burnt our bridges:arghh:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest paulwbafc

Hi everyone

The homesickness was difficult and for me kicked in fairly fast. I think the wages difference depends on where you live in oz and on your job. I work as a fitter and wages here for elecs and fitters is substansially better here. In uk i would be a good $10 an hour worse off in the UK. As for shops if you stick to coles and woolies yes its more expensive. But if you are savvy and go to fruit markets and places like super butcher meat is far cheaper than supermarkets. we was spending in coles around $300 per week. Now we spend $150 family of 4. Aldi is good for few things too. Also chemist warehouses we i got boots toothbrushes for 99c. 500ml garnier shampoo for $4.95. Razors bic on offer at $3.95. Kids sun spray for $5 normally around $12. You just have to look around. We found in harbour town on the goldy levi's for $25 reduced from $79.

Anyway after missing england we went for a 3 week visit over xmas as we hated the aussie hot xmas. And something bizare happened. After 3 days of been in england i turned to the mrs and said ' your not going to believe this, i am homesick for australia'. i could not wait to get back on the plane. I hated the snow, the cold -10 to zero. The dirty streets, queing in shopping centres to get on escalators, paying for car parking. everyone coughing in shopping centres, down the match and in the cinema. Everyone slagging of the country and the worry overthere about how the country is in debt by $1.5 trillion. over 25% of shops in shopping centres closed down.

after visiting england it cured my homesickness and i will never live there again. Australia is not perfect. But i feel happier here (Brisbane). I also have more friends here now. In england not many people were bothered apart from parents. My 8 year old daughter was bored stuck indoors for 3 weeks missing her friends. Here I have met heaps of good friends via my sons football team and at the local cleveland tavern where we regularly meet for a fri and or sunday sesh. We all every month have a bbq get together. also we go camping together now and life could not be better. australia is really what you make it and australia will not embrace you. You need to work at it and if you do the rewards are trully rewarding.:jiggy:

Guest paulwbafc

anyone looking to make savings the places for those prices quoted:

harbour town near labrador gold coast for jeans and the chemist warehouse is chemist direct, dirt cheap bargains there loads of choice with some 'boots' products.

super butcher near yatla, google for the adress, theres one in eagle farm. cheapest and best quality meat you will find.

Guest janeubu
Hi

I am new to this but thought I would like to post after spending my first 6 months here just to give people who are thinking of coming here an idea of what it is like.

I spent two years planning this move, I had been over to Australia a couple of times previously and I loved it and so decided to make plans to move here. The application was long winded and I honestly think personally I just went through the motions of applying without really thinking about how the move would affect me. The main concern for us was selling the house in the middle of a recession and my husband leaving a good job in the UK and finding work here. When I look back I didnt think about me or what I would do when I got here. We were lucky and sold the house but it was at this time I started to have major doubts but we had gone so far I blanked it out and concentrated on the move thinking it would be a better life for our children. Renting the house would have been a far better option as at least we would have something to return to.

Well we arrived, my husband found a really great job, we spend a couple of months sorting out all the usual things which took my mind off home, but deep down I was feeling awful. The buzz of the move had gone and here I was in a lovely house with the sun shining every day feeling so down. I appreciate that everyone is different and not everyone will feel like I do but I do wish I could turn back the clocks and go back to my old life. I have a lovely home here and we have a good income but it is not everything. the pull of my old life and family is just too much.

The things I have found most difficult are, a horrible feeling of being alone and not being able to call family because of the time difference, not being able to work because of childcare waiting lists etc, having a young family and no support network - this is so hard, the expense of living here - the only thing which is cheaper is petrol , food bills have doubled here and the variety and quality of food is poor compared to the UK. Whilst it is lovely being in the sun, throughout the summer it is too hot for young children and we spend most of the time indoors as we cant stand the 40 degree heat.

I have not posted on here to moan about Australia as I moved here because I was so fond of it but to me it is just a holiday place, real life here is so different. I hope anyone planning on making the move with a young family are 100% sure before they do it. As other people have mentioned make sure you have enough finances before coming here as the cost of everything will be a massive shock. The cost of living is not cheaper than the UK and generally wages are lower. If you are coming with a young family think of how you would cope without the support network you may have in the UK.

I am glad I came only because I would have always thought I had lost out on a fantastic opportunity to have a great life, but at least now I know the grass is no greener over here and the UK is the place where I want to be.

I wish everyone luck who is making the move but just make sure you have no doubts before you do it.

hi there where in oz are u living?i am in process of moving to perth...it must be hard for few years but at least you will have nothin to regret,alot of people wished they had tryed it but didnt.there is alot going wrong in britian and it will get worse in next few years....:smile:good luck

• 3 months later...

Fraggles wife,

As i am an Aussie, i think you all have taken this site too far as, you all have a choice to live here. I agree with some of your statements and i also defend my country,the horrible comments made.

I understand the pain that some of you go through as my husband is form the uk and is struggling , stressed with the life and lifestyle here in Australia but life here goes hand in hand.

As for England things also go hand in hand. England is far from been perfect.

- Have any of you actually looked at why you really came to aussie in the first place?

-AND actually look at your selfs?

It is not easy for me (stressed) watching my partner been so unhappy but if and when we go back to the uk then i'll be in the same boat he was , with been away from what i know and love (family,friends, sun,ect) things alway have a way of settling down but don't over analyse life here or any where ya live cause that is what makes ya sad ,bad , crazy!!!!

If you are NOT HAPPY then go back to where you came from and as for the people that are in a multi country relationship , my advice is just to talk and keep talking and make each other understand ya point a view as i came around to the idea and compromised with our future. and remember things are EVER set in STONE!!!

That is my little say........but think you all have to stop BITTING each other heads off . Remember everyone opinion is different!

From

THE WIFE!!!!!! LOL

And I hope that when you're in the UK struggling and looking online for solace in your fellow country men then a Pom comes online and tells you if you don't like it then to f*ck off. Have never understood why Aussies always take this line.

Hello Fraggles wife, yes, I know where you're coming from regarding the cutting comments on these boards - sad when you consider we're supposed to be supporting each other. I'm sure if we all met up we'd get on like houses on fire, but it's the safety of relative anonomity I think.

I feel for your situation...crikey, what do you think you'll do? But, please don't put us all in the 'you chose to be here'...choices are made in life, some good, some bad...but we're not all in the position to do anything about them. Sometimes work - or lack of it, keeps us rooted to one place. Some have divorced here and aren't allowed to return home with kids, others because of pensions (Australia doesn't pay a pension if you move overseas!!!!) many have children or parents here, and others like me, have older children who would have to pay overseas fees for universities if returning to the UK which are absolutely unnaffordable.

So, sometimes we don't have a choice. I for one wish I did. There's not a moment I'm not yearning for my own country.

Fraggles wife,

As i am an Aussie, i think you all have taken this site too far as, you all have a choice to live here. I agree with some of your statements and i also defend my country,the horrible comments made.

And I hope that when you're in the UK struggling and looking online for solace in your fellow country men then a Pom comes online and tells you if you don't like it then to f*ck off. Have never understood why Aussies always take this line.

Sorry,Cez but never said F*CK off. ya very wrong about what i was saying!

And i understand that some of ya have come here and can't afford to move back or have kids here ect.

and i have the right to be on this site as much as ya do. my HUSBAND is struggling to settle and he 's feeling come out some times the way all of ya are feeling.

And as for me moving to the uk , yes i prob will talk to uk people and they may tell me to go home but hopeful i will do my best to settle to make my family happy as best as i can!

Cez, people like your self disgust me , bitter and twisted towards Aussie that have have partners that are in the same boat and talk bout the feels towards how it affects me with respect to the people that are not happy here!

hope that some of ya others understand what im saying.?

Guest siamsusie
Sorry, but never said F*CK off. ya very wrong about what i was saying! and i understand that some of ya have come here and can't afford to move back or have kids here ect. and i have the right to be on this site as much as ya do,as my HUSBAND is english and and struggling to settle.

people like your self disgust me , bitter and twisted.

:hug:There are many times when my Australian husband is looking over my shoulder and watching some pretty disparaging remarks that are made regarding his country and people and I cringe. I do have to remember though that this forum is for all, as you can well appreciate it is a stressful time for all particularly being so far from home without support, and hitting out is a natural thing to do as hurtful as it may sound. I have been in the UK and had to listen to the proverbial whinge by Australians regarding the UK..... Its not pleasant, we are all patriotic to some degree and ignoring it is probably the best solution.:wubclub:susie

Guest proud2beaussie

Guys and gals let's try and keep things calm here please,I really don't think it is necessary to get uptight,

let's just treat this thread like any other,you don't have to agree with each other but please treat each others comments with respect even if you disagree with them,and respect the right of others to post them,there are many people like myself that adore Australia,it's been my home for a long time and I think it is the best country in the world but I respect the fact that others will not agree with my views,I have also spent a lot of time in the UK and it holds a special place in my heart,it's just not the place that I want to call home but I completly understand that others think differently.

So what I am saying here is that it's fine to disagree with someone-that's what internet forums should be about,a frank and open discussion,but it needs to be conducted in a sensible,non personal manner,disagree as much as you wish but be polite about it and everyone will get on well and the thread will stay open,ok?.

this is fraggles lol good comment nigel i hear what ya saying .cez my wife never said that and you was way out of order .ezzie yes your right what you said some people are stuck here for financial reasons or if they have children here and split from partner now that must be hard .me myself i do not like it here i have been here 4 yrs this year and really wanna go home ,i miss family friends history,green countyside ,british humor ,football the list goes on lol i think all australia as to offer for me is the sun and beaches but thats not enough but everyone is diffrent i suppose some people love it here my cousens been here 10 yrs would never go home ,my wife gets upset with me calling her country all the time but then she was born here sure if i was born here i would love it also .:)

And i understand that some of ya have come here and can't afford to move back or have kids here ect.

and i have the right to be on this site as much as ya do. my HUSBAND is struggling to settle and he 's feeling come out some times the way all of ya are feeling.

And as for me moving to the uk , yes i prob will talk to uk people and they may tell me to go home but hopeful i will do my best to settle to make my family happy as best as i can!

Cez, people like your self disgust me , bitter and twisted towards Aussie that have have partners that are in the same boat and talk bout the feels towards how it affects me with respect to the people that are not happy here!

Actually, no I was a little confused about what exactly you were saying. I did write a reply and then deleted it because I couldnt quite get your point.

You are going to get nasty remarks on here about Australia in the same way that you get nasty remarks about UK, it's best not to get your knickers in a knot about it really. When people are trapped they can behave in the same way that cornered animals do and lash out at what they perceive is offending them. They probably need tea and sympathy not a tongue lashing from someone who is being precious about their country and people not liking it.

I too am in a mixed marriage and am the poor bunny who has had to make all the compromises - and I can tell you it is bloody hard sometimes. I do hope that if you go back to UK you wont experience even half of the despair that I encounter on a daily basis - perhaps you will be stronger than me but I must say that after 30 years I am sick to death of all the sh*t and needing to put on my nice face and go out there and be happy when inside I am slowly dying. If I say crap things about Australia I am not going to apologize for it, if in my reality they are crap. On this forum, and others especially targeted at people returning home there is a great deal of sympathy and similarly anger at a range of issues some of which are Australia and others are personal.

I feel very sad for anyone who is stuck where they do not want to be - my heart goes especially to people who are kept here because their ex partner wont allow their kids to leave thus effectively isolating them in a strange land with minimal support network until the kids are old enough to be independent. How some of those girls get out of bed of a morning is a constant surprise to me.

If you are going to UK with your DH then good luck to you, I hope it all works out well for both of you.

Guest lynne underwood
We were in Australia just short of two years before going home to the UK; the reasons were very similar to everyones above, the main one being the support network. My kids were 5, 4 and 2 at the time, and I felt so bad about them not being with their family and vice versa.

We sold our house, cars, furniture, and spent a fortune moving back, having to buy everything again and pay rent upfront.

My initial feelings when back in the UK were what have I done (it was me pushing the move back); my son was very far behind at school, and we couldn't find work. It rained every day, which was harder to get used to than I thought when we were used to the Queensland weather. After a couple of months, we decided that it was a mistake, and returned to the Gold Coast, and we've been back since september 09.

I personally think I'd be happier in England, but on a day to day basis, our family life is better here. My son would probably have caught up at school, (he has just started Yr 1 here, would have been partway through Yr 2 in the UK due to cut off dates being different) but I hated seeing him so behind and struggling; here he is doing so well at school.

It has cost us an absolute fortune, and when we come to buy a house again it may be a problem getting together enough of a deposit.

However, if I hadn't done it (I can only speak for my feelings not my husband's) I would still be here wishing I was home. I still have days where I am unsettled; not working and having small children is difficult at the best of times, but with no family to rely on it's a nightmare at times.

Can't offer you any advice, because whatever you do, you probably won't know if it's been for the best until a bit of time has passed for you to assess your actions and feelings. If you go early, you could regret not giving it enough of a chance; if you stay you could regret all the time you spent feeling unhappy.

Wishing you and your family all the best, cos I know it's an awful feeling to have everyday.

Jo x

I really admire your courage and strenght and after what u have been through you will get ur home in Oz with ur determination x:smile:

Guest nimble68

Can I just say, that I read the first few pages and then skipped to the last few and noticed the tone has changed somewhat!!

But bringing it back to the orginal post, I've been here for nearly 3 mnths and lie awake at night wondered if I have made the biggest mistake of my life however know that had we not taken this opportunity then I would probably be laying awake in the UK, wondering what if........ I pushed for us to come out here after being here a few times on holiday however in that time I had a baby and its torn me apart to think I have taken her away from her family at home especially when she started to form those bonds (she is now 21mnths). I also realise that my parents are no longer young and perhaps this is the time I should be spending the quality time with them but had I not come, would I then be resenting my life for not doing something with it?

There are times, when I think I want to go home, but at the same time, I need to give Australia a chance - no its not the same as home nor should it be, otherwise why would I have wanted to come. I know that I need to be proactive and get out there and make new friends, find things to do and go to places - they won't come to me. I learnt this lesson after having worked for 20yrs and then having a baby and being at home all the time.

Yes I am homesick and there are days I feel really down but I speak to my parents most nights on skype, friends weekly and still enjoy a 'night' out with a couple of friends at the weekend via skype!! Thankfully they don't have kids so can afford to get a little tipsy on a saturday lunchtime!

We have also said that we will give it 2 yrs and are fortunate to be in a position where by we didn't have to sell the house at home, so I guess I know thats my fall back plan however it won't stop me trying to enjoy a new life here.

anyway thats my 2pennies worth....!!! :)

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. I'm in Oz with my Aussie partner and am not bitter and twisted. Indeed I love it here and am already worrying about the day we decide to move to London for a few years. However, I have bags of sympathy for people who come here and decide it isn't for them, and think it isn't useful to tell people to go home if they don't like it. I can't be bothered to trawl back and look for the original post but "go home if you don't like it" was def mentioned.

And that's all I'll say on the topic.

Hello, I'm about to move over to Melbourne as my husband has managed to land a great job. Our visa's came through in September 09. I am looking forward to the move, but just wondered why you haven't built up a new life for your self and family. Is it really difficult to build friendships over in Oz?

Are your children at school yet?

I have a 9 year old daughter and have realised a lot of my friendships over the last 5 years have developed through taking my child to school and making friends with other parents.

I'm hoping this will be the same in Oz.

Please give me your opinion on this, so I can get my head around it all now before we leave.

Guest brooksey

.me myself i do not like it here i have been here 4 yrs this year and really wanna go home ,i miss family friends history,green countyside ,british humor ,football the list goes on

How can you miss football when you support that shower of s**t:biglaugh:

Guest treesea
Hello, I'm about to move over to Melbourne as my husband has managed to land a great job. Our visa's came through in September 09. I am looking forward to the move, but just wondered why you haven't built up a new life for your self and family. Is it really difficult to build friendships over in Oz?

Are your children at school yet?

I have a 9 year old daughter and have realised a lot of my friendships over the last 5 years have developed through taking my child to school and making friends with other parents.

I'm hoping this will be the same in Oz.

Please give me your opinion on this, so I can get my head around it all now before we leave.

Aussie mum's at the school gates? Mmm.... My daughter was in school in Australia from 5 until 9. I found the mums nice enough, but in my experience, Australians, as opposed to Brits (and this is only my experience, so please don't all jump down my throat at once!) make quite light friendships. I had some reasonably good friendships with a few of the mums, but at the same time, it felt like they were happy to see me and catch up, but didn't miss me if I wasn't around, ....if that makes sense.

We've been back six years, and the only friends who still live in Australia and who still keep up with us - and miss us - are Welsh and English. There's a poignancy to Brit friendships, a depth, that seemed to be missing with the Aussie friends I had.

One thing I have noticed back here is the number of primary school aged children who walk alone to school. That definitely didn't happen in Melbourne where we lived. Children in Britain seem to grow up a lot quicker, and a lot more independently minded, than their Australian counterparts.

amandab & treesea

I also found that the way mothers socialised was different to the UK (this is my opinion anyway). I was often told that I should call someone if its nice and we could meet in the park but considering it was winter it wasn't very 'nice'.

I guess in the UK we're used to rubbish weather and so make plans to be indoors (each others houses and soft plays) but in oz it didn't seem to feel the same.

I too felt that the friendships were also only superficial and that I wouldn't be missed or called to see if I was ok if I hadn't been seen for a while.

Only one ozzie mum was a bit different and more welcoming, she'd lived a year in the UK so was always happy to chat about England and was aware how far it felt and how different it was too.

Guest zoeandcraig

What a lovely post.

This is really helpful. We are planning to move to Perth in January with 3 young kids - 2, 4, and 6 !

We don't really have a support network here in the UK as far as helping with the kids is concerned, but i will desperately miss my dad and sister. The thing is, you've done the right thing - you have tried it and that's the most important thing. Life is for living and you only have one. Better that than regretting having never tried. Have you definately given it long enough? I've heard it can take3 years before you really begin to feel settled and build a friendship network. Take care and good luck

Zoe x

We've been here donkey's years and really, I don't think I made any really good friends at the school gate. I don't think it's that the Aussies don't like us Brits, it's just that conversation and humour is so different....God I miss it SO much!!!

You're right about the UK kids growing up quicker. We had a huge shock when we popped back to the UK & put our kids in school there for a few weeks. Could not believe the amount of underage sex, smoking and drinking going on there...and this was a reasonably good area. The drinking was real binge drinking too, much rougher too, quite aggressive and if we were late at night, we often felt intimidated by gangs of kids hanging around Maccas etc. Over here, I find if you look at some teens, you can just smile and they'll smile back, over in the UK, often you'd get the whole group just stare coldly at you....and it was quite obvious you had to look away and not get eye contact again. Quite scary!

So, yes kids here aren't as independant, but I really like that. I also like how the vast majority of kids live at home and commute into uni. Very sensible....ok, also pretty boring for the students involved, but it does mean as a parent that you're not losing your child at 17/18 yrs and can still check they're doing ok.

Aussie mum's at the school gates? Mmm.... make quite light friendships.

One thing I have noticed back here is the number of primary school aged children who walk alone to school. That definitely didn't happen in Melbourne where we lived. Children in Britain seem to grow up a lot quicker, and a lot more independently minded, than their Australian counterparts.

What a lovely post.

This is really helpful. We are planning to move to Perth in January with 3 young kids - 2, 4, and 6 !

We don't really have a support network here in the UK as far as helping with the kids is concerned, but i will desperately miss my dad and sister. The thing is, you've done the right thing - you have tried it and that's the most important thing. Life is for living and you only have one. Better that than regretting having never tried. Have you definately given it long enough? I've heard it can take3 years before you really begin to feel settled and build a friendship network. Take care and good luck

Zoe x

Hi Zoe, could for you for trying but 3 years is a long time tofeel miserable-everyone says you should but they are usuallythe ones who loved it in the first place. Try to set smaller time frames as someone said in a previous post it breaks things up and makes it mre manageable. We had no family to mss in the UK but the sunshine for us doesn't make up for all the UK has to offer (and we have heaps of great family here and made loads of friends)

Everyone must try it and some love it but if like us you feel dreadful- 3 years is a long time out of your life and your childrens education to be miserable.

Good Luck and I hope it works out for you:hug:

We've been here donkey's years and really, I don't think I made any really good friends at the school gate. I don't think it's that the Aussies don't like us Brits, it's just that conversation and humour is so different....God I miss it SO much!!!

You're right about the UK kids growing up quicker. We had a huge shock when we popped back to the UK & put our kids in school there for a few weeks. Could not believe the amount of underage sex, smoking and drinking going on there...and this was a reasonably good area. The drinking was real binge drinking too, much rougher too, quite aggressive and if we were late at night, we often felt intimidated by gangs of kids hanging around Maccas etc. Over here, I find if you look at some teens, you can just smile and they'll smile back, over in the UK, often you'd get the whole group just stare coldly at you....and it was quite obvious you had to look away and not get eye contact again. Quite scary!

So, yes kids here aren't as independant, but I really like that. I also like how the vast majority of kids live at home and commute into uni. Very sensible....ok, also pretty boring for the students involved, but it does mean as a parent that you're not losing your child at 17/18 yrs and can still check they're doing ok.

We see kids here walking to school that are aged from 6 we are staggered and the school allows them out at hometime when the bell rings. The amount of hildren we see walking home completely alone is staggering, and the school is on a main highway!

Wow, this is such a great thread, I have to contribute. The original post was truthful, heart warming and honest - and honesty is the key to living here I believe.

We have only been here 18 months, and only once have I thought "Right thats it - Im off back to the UK" and that was when my OH had a nasty mis-carriage.

In general both countries have their positives and negatives but I need to summarise our thoughts on a few key points:

1 - Weather - If the constant 40 degree days are too much - move to Melbourne - its much more bearable and it can be considered "fun" in the sense that four seasons can actually happen in one day - great!

2 - Kids - They stay younger here for longer and this for me is a big positive, and they are well more respectful of adults.

3 - Australians - My best friend is an Aussie here and I call him bruv. Dont need to say anymore on that really, if your here and you miss your family, TRY to treat your new friends as family.

4 - English friends - Vital to me, from different backgrounds in the UK we are all suddenly in the same position and if youre honest with each other us poms can really help each other out.

5 - Cost of Living - No longer can you sell up in the UK and buy outright here, but so what? The world economy is changing and will change some more, nothing can compare to the economic misery the UK has suffered recently. Just get through it and remain positive.

6 - This country is so naturally beautiful, and young, it can feel like you are part of something special here, almost like the dawning of a new age - but it depends how you look at it really.

EVERYONE who has made this move should smile about it, be proud of it, but if, after the three year mark the smiles become more difficult, then maybe its back to the UK.

Guest sparkylad

Thanks for your honest thoughts. My wife & I moved to Geelong 3 years ago and were back in the UK in 6months. All the things you siad , food, etc.. the biggest for us was our kids schooling. Aussies are at a different stage, so our kids were 2 full school years ahead. However we are boomeranging back to Aus. Its amazing how one can easily forget the things that sends people away from UK. Its so easy to allow those petty little things take control and blocks out the good that Aus has to offer. We live in a great home , I run my own PLumbing business kids attend an excellant grammer school... But Aus is still calling.... nothing needs to be final in this age of easy travel. We are just waiting to hear what our kids need in the Aussie equivilant to gain entry to Queens Univerisity as they want to go there later on... & yes Aussies can & do qualify for UK uni... this was our biggest concern giving the awfull school in Geelong.

Try take a step back from it all actually wrtie down the likes & dislikes of each country... However sometimes we just need go with heart ? afterall life is to be enjoyed not endured... certainly the choice of long dark british winter over a heat wave would be in my calculations? kids are stuck indoors for months in UK....(if theyre young)

Archived