Guest SusieOR
Have discovered the best way to watch She-who-can't be-named.....

Every time she says something stupid or does something with her hands,... I have a drink!!! Works every evening!!

Love it... gonna give it a go... might make her bearable Sx

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF

It finally happened, i never thought i would see the day that................. i wouldn't watch WDU, but................. it happened yesterday, the poor family were made to look like total emotional wrecks and after the poor woman cried on 3 seperate occassions even before the family video, with she who shan't be named voice overing her doom mongering comments, like............. this is shatteringly devastating news................ i had to switch it off after looking at the houses, i couldn't bear it, it made my skin crawl. I hope the final episode isn't ruined for the Wells family, don't be disheartened if the BBC and the she devil makes you look awful, its what they are trying to do to everyone.

Guest bindog1uk

Really enjoyed todays as Brisbane area is where we want to be, lovely family. Was also very suprised at the price of rental property, good eye opener, may mean shorter time in a rental before we buy.

:wink:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk
So how was my little house on the show? It was the place they stayed at.....??!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Rudi, a lot nicer than the ones that they were shown for rent:biglaugh:

Sat with my popcorn and drink waiting for the show to start. I still think 'The Kings Speech' deserved the Bafta and Colin Firth his Bafta !!!!. I believe it will be a stiff challenge to start a business up like that. As much as I prefer Adelaide as a place to settle above all others I think that in itself will be a challenge for the type of business as ice cream selling. Glenelg I suppose being the nearest promanade relevant to Adelaide. Watching the programme I would have thought it perhaps more benificial for her to have studied in UK if nursing is her dream rather than pay out that amount of monies. That said South Australia may well be different in both charges and vacancies to Queensland. One has to chase their dream and I wish them well.

Guest SusieOR

Hey Simon... 1st property, "Grim" was def the word for it!!! 2nd property, not much better at all... were your "dreams slipping away"...!!!

The phrases "earth shattering" & "devastating" & "never going to make the move" were used too much by NC, but I have to say, you came across as a really happy guy!!! good fun... I'd like to be friends with you & your family if we were moving to Adelaide too :-) LOL...

Good Show... I liked how you looked at rental properties instead of house buys!!!

& I think thats a great business... how novel having an ice cream cart at your wedding etc...

Well Done Susie

I think they filmed my wife Kerry making Ginger Bread Men!!!!! Not ironing thank god.

Apologies in advance to all members of this forum for our show which goes out tomorrow - the last in the current series. I will take any criticism on the chin - even from the vastly improved and even now mildly pleasant Amaroo:biglaugh: and hope that whilst the same cliches are apparent in our show, I am confident that it will be the most different of this and any other series. It is not easy taking a business out to Australia and we have been on a huge journey thus far.

Seriously will be ok with any comments as long as it is remembered that the editing is very harsh.

Thank you and goodnight:biggrin:

Simon

Hi Simon

I watched your show this morning tucked up in bed with some sort of repetitive man Illness that I get !! Anyway Just wanted to say that I thought you came across brilliantly as someone who whilst wanting the dream was looking out for your family. People do say to me when I say its for my daughter she is 17 now but was 15 when we started the process , they say its because I want to go. As fathers we allways have our children best interest at heart. Like you I want this as it is a dream and my wife and daughter are behind it also. Yours are young enough but the way you included them and not just treat them as kids was very considerate.

What have you decided on ?

Shane

We were close to stopping watching one of our favourite programmes WDU because of her who shan't be named, but we just mute' her and the shows are alot better. But every so often she says something when the families are doing something like.............

Family - this kitchens a bit small. Her - thats a DEVASTATING blow.

Family - i don't want to live near a road. Her - it could be the END of their dream.

Family - they don't fully recognise my qualifications. Her - thats earth SHATTERINGLY bad news.

The women does my crust in and i know the BBC tell her to say stupid things, but it's constant moaning and doom mongering and i long for the fun happy positive Nadia to come back.

have you noticed also that she never seems to want Perth ?

When Nadia does the show the families go to Perth also Nicki obviously like sthe other side of Australia

Just watched the Wells family...and Simon............I LOVED IT!! It was a great show and u didn't come across bad at all, infact u were rather funny, 'might as well stick a bag over my head now'.:biglaugh: That is just how I feel about UK, but I usually say, 'might as well drive myself into a brick wall now'. Also did you notice your son Ben at the end getting rather annoyed and telling a fly to go away!! Made me laugh. It was refreshing to see rentals, I can't believe the prices!!!!!! My partner and I would be looking to rent but we would only need a 1 bedroom place to start with, I hope they come a lot cheaper!!

:shocked:Now for the criticism: Only thing I can say is I wasn't keen on the pink of your tie & back of waistcoast.:wink: However, probably well suited to an ice cream seller. (I want to keep on your good side as we may be heading to SA & I want to stick my finger in your tub!! yum yum)

Will Kerry go ahead with her nursing in oz? I hope she does. Has she started any training or will she train there? Very expensive to train there, no wonder they are short on nurse's!! Also I noted you said how bad the flight was at the beginning but I'm sure you said you been there 20 years before, so I was surprised by your.....surprise.

Anyway good show Simon, if we hadn't of spoken on here I would of still thought that!!:yes:Please come on and give us your comments. Can't wait to hear from you, Lucy.

Guest MaybeOz
I still can't get over this, when i see her it freaks me out, lol

Nicky Chapman looks just like Matt Lucas............. anyone agree?

ml_11.jpg..................Nicky Chapman?

Nicki+Chapman+Avatar+World+Premiere+Inside+MJLBjBsOuIVl.jpg...................Matt Lucas?

"Yeah but No but" .... I have to agree, spitting image, well spotted ... very funny :laugh:

Guest wellsfamilyoz
Just watched the Wells family...and Simon............I LOVED IT!! It was a great show and u didn't come across bad at all, infact u were rather funny, 'might as well stick a bag over my head now'.:biglaugh: That is just how I feel about UK, but I usually say, 'might as well drive myself into a brick wall now'. Also did you notice your son Ben at the end getting rather annoyed and telling a fly to go away!! Made me laugh. It was refreshing to see rentals, I can't believe the prices!!!!!! My partner and I would be looking to rent but we would only need a 1 bedroom place to start with, I hope they come a lot cheaper!!

:shocked:Now for the criticism: Only thing I can say is I wasn't keen on the pink of your tie & back of waistcoast.:wink: However, probably well suited to an ice cream seller. (I want to keep on your good side as we may be heading to SA & I want to stick my finger in your tub!! yum yum)

Will Kerry go ahead with her nursing in oz? I hope she does. Has she started any training or will she train there? Very expensive to train there, no wonder they are short on nurse's!! Also I noted you said how bad the flight was at the beginning but I'm sure you said you been there 20 years before, so I was surprised by your.....surprise.

Anyway good show Simon, if we hadn't of spoken on here I would of still thought that!!:yes:Please come on and give us your comments. Can't wait to hear from you, Lucy.

Hey Lucy!

Thank you to you all for the comments. We felt that it reflected what we did and overall, we were pleased with the show. It was us that came across and the editing was for us rather than against!!!

Now the Tie:biggrin: Its our company uniform and Kerry chose it lol! I have always worried about the pink issue, but having done more than 500 weddings in it, you kinda get used to it:jiggy:.

Just to update everyone - we will be in Adelaide for 2012 - business Visas are a lot tougher than most others in the way that you need to have a block of money and a business set in stone. Turnover is the key plus employment of several staff. All along we have been up against it due to the poor £ versus $ ratio. If you need $300k a year turnover, it is a lot easier if the £ is worth $2 rather than $1.5. I have turned down sponsored work in Melbourne - which would have got us out this month, but I would have had to go back to my old profession - which I hated plus give up the business I love. We don't sell Ice Cream - Just do pre payed private events such as weddings (300 a year) plus corp events etc.

So, this summer we are moving out to Cyprus for a short period - to get the children used to being without family and hot weather etc- then bang 2012 Adelaide. Just cant do this country any longer and we used to live in Cyprus 10 years ago - lovely place. Kerry is doing a Nutritional Therapy degree - which is 99% on line, and when we get to OZ, she will take her next direction. The kids are going to an academy for the time we have out there.

Just like to thank everyone for a really enjoyable forum and have made some great contacts. Good luck to everybody and remember anything is possible, everyone has a choice and fortune favours the brave!!:wink:

So that's us done. If anybody wants an Icycle (our trike) for their event, I will bring it up for a freebee as long as its not to far.

Take care all

Simon, Kerry, Becca and little Ben xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest wellsfamilyoz
So how was my little house on the show? It was the place they stayed at.....??!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Rudi

Thank you so much for your lovely house in Redlands. We will definitely return when out. I hope we said the right things and that you were spared the worst of last months rains.

Thank you again

Simon, Kerry, Becca and Ben - Wells Family

Guest wellsfamilyoz

Hoff

You are a legend - I shall miss your posts and pics. George Doors will never look the same. Take care mate.

Simon

Guest MaybeOz
Hey Lucy!

Thank you to you all for the comments. We felt that it reflected what we did and overall, we were pleased with the show. It was us that came across and the editing was for us rather than against!!!

Now the Tie:biggrin: Its our company uniform and Kerry chose it lol! I have always worried about the pink issue, but having done more than 500 weddings in it, you kinda get used to it:jiggy:.

Just to update everyone - we will be in Adelaide for 2012 - business Visas are a lot tougher than most others in the way that you need to have a block of money and a business set in stone. Turnover is the key plus employment of several staff. All along we have been up against it due to the poor £ versus $ ratio. If you need $300k a year turnover, it is a lot easier if the £ is worth $2 rather than $1.5. I have turned down sponsored work in Melbourne - which would have got us out this month, but I would have had to go back to my old profession - which I hated plus give up the business I love. We don't sell Ice Cream - Just do pre payed private events such as weddings (300 a year) plus corp events etc.

So, this summer we are moving out to Cyprus for a short period - to get the children used to being without family and hot weather etc- then bang 2012 Adelaide. Just cant do this country any longer and we used to live in Cyprus 10 years ago - lovely place. Kerry is doing a Nutritional Therapy degree - which is 99% on line, and when we get to OZ, she will take her next direction. The kids are going to an academy for the time we have out there.

Just like to thank everyone for a really enjoyable forum and have made some great contacts. Good luck to everybody and remember anything is possible, everyone has a choice and fortune favours the brave!!:wink:

So that's us done. If anybody wants an Icycle (our trike) for their event, I will bring it up for a freebee as long as its not to far.

Take care all

Simon, Kerry, Becca and little Ben xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great show today, one of my favourites :yes:

I have obviously missed a post on PIO somewhere along the way regarding why you have opted for Adelaide rather than Brisbane where WDU sent you .. can I ask why the change of heart?

I wish you and your family all the very best with your plans.

Kari :wubclub:

p.s. I was born in Shoreham :smile:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hoff

You are a legend - I shall miss your posts and pics. George Doors will never look the same. Take care mate.

Simon

Cheers mate

best of luck with your journey and if we end up in Adelaide we will have to meet up for a drink, i have met alot of great people from PIO and they all have something in common............... an inner excitement about Australia that comes out of them positively when it is mentioned, its alot of peoples dream.

All the best to everyone and i hope your dreams come true.:wink:

Hey Lucy!

Lived in Cyprus with my family for 6 years when I worked for HMG when it was paradise on earth before all the Lebonese and Russians started to ruin the South. Cyprus sadly now another Mallorca or Ibiza. Along with the continual building of holiday hotels etc that took the magic out of the island. But, sadly that is what they call progress but at least the Republic of Northern Cyprus has not altered that much.

Just watched Simon and all - it was great to see a PIO face.

Glad you are still planning to make the move - it definitely looks a good move for you and your family.

Wish you all the best for your time in Cyprus and then Adelaide

Keep in touch with how you get on

Maddie x

Archived