The one I meant was the one with the car mechanic, his fiancee & son from Wales.

The only one I saw where eyesight was an issue was the physio that went to Melbourne

Oh ok, I know the one you mean now

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are you going to do with yourself once wdu is over ???

Should be on my way back to Oz hopefully for 6 months. When one is retired you can browse through the computer. Like most, the tick is in the box to notify when a new post appears in this section hence the posts. I have found it quite interesting this series as it seems yet again people who do go down never seem to get away from where they settle and go around Oz. Me, I haven't been to 1/2 the places I would like to go. I have been out to Bourke, driven across the Hay Plains from Sydney to Adelaide, through the Barossa Valley back along the Great Ocean Road through Melbourne and all the way back to Sydney. From Canberra out to Leeton and Griffith to the orange growing area, up to Parkes and the cherry growing areas. Up into the Snowy Mountains, up into the Hunter Valley.Travelled extensively up and down the east coast of NSW & Qns, to isloated places like Walcha. Next time should be to a reunion in Darwin and a drive from Canberra or Sydney up the east coast and across the 'Top End' to Darwin then back down through Alice taking a couple of months. So I will have plenty to do.

I have found it quite interesting this series as it seems yet again people who do go down never seem to get away from where they settle and go around Oz.

Bit of a silly comment if you ask me - maybe working to pay the mortgage has got in the way of their extended holidays. There are countless places within 30 miles of my UK house that I've never visited.

Guest wellsfamilyoz
Has anyone else noticed that the stay at home mums are always filmed ironing???

I think they filmed my wife Kerry making Ginger Bread Men!!!!! Not ironing thank god.

Apologies in advance to all members of this forum for our show which goes out tomorrow - the last in the current series. I will take any criticism on the chin - even from the vastly improved and even now mildly pleasant Amaroo:biglaugh: and hope that whilst the same cliches are apparent in our show, I am confident that it will be the most different of this and any other series. It is not easy taking a business out to Australia and we have been on a huge journey thus far.

Seriously will be ok with any comments as long as it is remembered that the editing is very harsh.

Thank you and goodnight:biggrin:

Simon

Guest birmingham21

We thought the show just proved that you can make a fresh start but not always know what to expect when you get to where you’re going, it’s a massive step. When we moved here we did the same. We saved hard, took some time out and had a good look around and but we found it really hard to find a home. We rented for 2 years before we bought and we’re still not confident we bought in the right place after living in our home for the last 3 years. Why does it make them have a bad attitude just because they want a nice house? It sounds like they worked for it and he’s clearly no idiot.

The Chumley Warner family looked like things have really gone well for them. A great example of what can happen if everything goes according to plan but unfortunately for so many people things don’t fall into place. You only have to read this site to see how many people end up going back to England because they can’t make a go of it.

I wonder home many people on here with the derogatory comments have actually made the move to Australia or are they one of the millions who just sit at home thinking about it? Life doesn’t always change for the better when you move to the other side of the world, only the weather!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We were close to stopping watching one of our favourite programmes WDU because of her who shan't be named, but we just mute' her and the shows are alot better. But every so often she says something when the families are doing something like.............

Family - this kitchens a bit small. Her - thats a DEVASTATING blow.

Family - i don't want to live near a road. Her - it could be the END of their dream.

Family - they don't fully recognise my qualifications. Her - thats earth SHATTERINGLY bad news.

The women does my crust in and i know the BBC tell her to say stupid things, but it's constant moaning and doom mongering and i long for the fun happy positive Nadia to come back.

We were close to stopping watching one of our favourite programmes WDU because of her who shan't be named, but we just mute' her and the shows are alot better. But every so often she says something when the families are doing something like.............

Family - i don't want to live near a road. Her - it could be the END of their dream.

Family - they don't fully recognise my qualifications. Her - thats earth SHATTERINGLY bad news.

The women does my crust in and i know the BBC tell her to say stupid things, but it's constant moaning and doom mongering and i long for the fun happy positive Nadia to come back.

PMSL when ever i watch it i always say what a drama queen she who shan't be named is, i don't think it matters what the family say i;e the family ' oh i don't like the colour of that wall' her ' that's a devastating blow is their dream shatterered' er no they can just paint it woman put those arms down and calm yourself love !

Should be on my way back to Oz hopefully for 6 months. When one is retired you can browse through the computer. Like most, the tick is in the box to notify when a new post appears in this section hence the posts. I have found it quite interesting this series as it seems yet again people who do go down never seem to get away from where they settle and go around Oz. Me, I haven't been to 1/2 the places I would like to go. I have been out to Bourke, driven across the Hay Plains from Sydney to Adelaide, through the Barossa Valley back along the Great Ocean Road through Melbourne and all the way back to Sydney. From Canberra out to Leeton and Griffith to the orange growing area, up to Parkes and the cherry growing areas. Up into the Snowy Mountains, up into the Hunter Valley.Travelled extensively up and down the east coast of NSW & Qns, to isloated places like Walcha. Next time should be to a reunion in Darwin and a drive from Canberra or Sydney up the east coast and across the 'Top End' to Darwin then back down through Alice taking a couple of months. So I will have plenty to do.

Whow cant top that & I say again WHOW best of luck.

I wonder home many people on here with the derogatory comments have actually made the move to Australia or are they one of the millions who just sit at home thinking about it? Life doesn’t always change for the better when you move to the other side of the world, only the weather!

Nobody, me included makes derogatory comments. People make comments as they see situations. It is how those comments are perceived by others.

Guest journeyman

Woo!, that sounds great, Amaroo,will you get an opportuntiy to post 'news' while on your road trip?.

Can you explain what you mean?

Guest bindog1uk
I think they filmed my wife Kerry making Ginger Bread Men!!!!! Not ironing thank god.

Apologies in advance to all members of this forum for our show which goes out tomorrow - the last in the current series. I will take any criticism on the chin - even from the vastly improved and even now mildly pleasant Amaroo:biglaugh: and hope that whilst the same cliches are apparent in our show, I am confident that it will be the most different of this and any other series. It is not easy taking a business out to Australia and we have been on a huge journey thus far.

Seriously will be ok with any comments as long as it is remembered that the editing is very harsh.

Thank you and goodnight:biggrin:

Simon

Hi Simon, will be watching tommorow, nice to put faces to names:biggrin:

Where did they send you, doesn't say on telly info & obviously you are making the move.

:wink:Lesley

Guest JBwantsout

:biglaugh:

She is a complete head doer!!

I find the programe deeply depressing, cant help watching it though!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I still can't get over this, when i see her it freaks me out, lol

Nicky Chapman looks just like Matt Lucas............. anyone agree?

ml_11.jpg..................Nicky Chapman?

Nicki+Chapman+Avatar+World+Premiere+Inside+MJLBjBsOuIVl.jpg...................Matt Lucas?

Guest sunilisa
I still can't get over this, when i see her it freaks me out, lol

Nicky Chapman looks just like Matt Lucas............. anyone agree?

ml_11.jpg..................Nicky Chapman?

Nicki+Chapman+Avatar+World+Premiere+Inside+MJLBjBsOuIVl.jpg...................Matt Lucas?

Pmsl, this is so funny.

Omsk, this is sooooo funny :laugh::laugh:

Guest wellsfamilyoz
Hi Simon, will be watching tommorow, nice to put faces to names:biggrin:

Where did they send you, doesn't say on telly info & obviously you are making the move.

:wink:Lesley

Hi

Brisbane - Redlands Bay. Although we will go to Adelaide almost certainly.

Simon xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hi

Simon xx

Why Adelaide?

we like look of there as well.

Hi

Simon xx

The only place I would want to settle in Oz is Adelaide. Cheapest for starters with the best market, be it in door or outdoor that I have ever been in.

Guest BrightonBoys

Have discovered the best way to watch She-who-can't be-named.....

Every time she says something stupid or does something with her hands,... I have a drink!!! Works every evening!!

Amaroo... I ask again.... how do you get to stay in Aus for 6 months? I have friends who want to go for longer than the 3 month tourist visa and use us as a base!

Archived