WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest dragsterwish
Hey hey all.

Great news for those with previousley granted SS!!!!

All we have to do now is wait and hope to be included on the new SMP and we will be changed over to Cat 2. I still cant believe it. I cant believe that if im on the new SMP i will have visa grant within 6 months all going well. :yellow_guy_smiling_

Is there many of us with previousley SS Grants????

Bingo, you've summed it up nicely for us. :cute:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragsterwish
Hi

Are you speculating 6 months for a visa grant?? They will be processing in order of lodgement of original visa.

Hi, it is highly possible that his/her visa can be granted within 6 months as proven in the CSL cases. Given that there aren't many Employer sponsored category applicant compared to the rest, Cat. 2 applicants would likely to be processesed very soon. And if the SMP batch isn't that pack, his application could speed ahead.

However, if the SMP Cat 2 batch is full of applicant, then DIAC would likely to process in order of lodgement and his/hers may or may not be within 6 months. And if the SMP has further priority over which occupation to process first, then depending on the priority of his occupation, his/her processing may be further sped up or delayed.

In short, nobody knows what's the processing time now until DIAC update the Service Standard Charter soon! Nonetheless, with DIAC, anything is possible! Fast or slow, we are at DIAC's mercy!

Guest stillwaiting79

they havent been processing it according to order with the 2010 applications have they? coz im almost certain to be rejected/declined and i havent heard anything as yet ...

anyway im very much put off with the whole new processing priority lists as it seems like i'd never get there.

Congratulations ehawton & suz2011 :jiggy:

Sorry to read your news Mongobear :wubclub:

Only a few of us left now, this suspense is terrible !

Thanks pluto, you should hear from them soon too. Best of luck to you, will keep my fingers crossed you get some good news soon!

Guest sgill

hi all i got my ss today

Name: sgill

online ss application submitted: feb/10

SS received: 14/07/2010

Guest Suz2011
Congratulations ehawton & suz2011 :jiggy:

Sorry to read your news Mongobear :wubclub:

Only a few of us left now, this suspense is terrible !

Thanks Pluto keeping everything crossed for you I am sure you will hear any day

Guest bcfrug
Hi, it is highly possible that his/her visa can be granted within 6 months as proven in the CSL cases. Given that there aren't many Employer sponsored category applicant compared to the rest, Cat. 2 applicants would likely to be processesed very soon. And if the SMP batch isn't that pack, his application could speed ahead.

However, if the SMP Cat 2 batch is full of applicant, then DIAC would likely to process in order of lodgement and his/hers may or may not be within 6 months. And if the SMP has further priority over which occupation to process first, then depending on the priority of his occupation, his/her processing may be further sped up or delayed.

In short, nobody knows what's the processing time now until DIAC update the Service Standard Charter soon! Nonetheless, with DIAC, anything is possible! Fast or slow, we are at DIAC's mercy!

Well its only speculation at this stage but one would expect the processing times will be similar to the "State Sponsership Processing Times" that were in place last year before all this hullabaloo. If you have an application in for a long time now and have SS which is on the new SMP well then you may be processed even quicker than 6 months but will have to wait and see.

They will need to process the 100K grants within the next year regardless and there is a large reported shortage at the min due to all the suspensions and not many grants been given so once the SMP is in place it is expected that processing will move along quickly as it was early last year.

Regards

Guest JK2510
Well its only speculation at this stage but one would expect the processing times will be similar to the "State Sponsership Processing Times" that were in place last year before all this hullabaloo. If you have an application in for a long time now and have SS which is on the new SMP well then you may be processed even quicker than 6 months but will have to wait and see.

They will need to process the 100K grants within the next year regardless and there is a large reported shortage at the min due to all the suspensions and not many grants been given so once the SMP is in place it is expected that processing will move along quickly as it was early last year.

Regards

Lets hope your right!! Weve sold our house(risky!!) The house prices in the uk are dropping! Our agent used the words dropping like a stone!!!!

they havent been processing it according to order with the 2010 applications have they? coz im almost certain to be rejected/declined and i havent heard anything as yet ...

anyway im very much put off with the whole new processing priority lists as it seems like i'd never get there.

Same here ........still nothing this end ! I'm worrying now :frown:

Not looking good ....but no news could be good news :unsure:

Congratulations sgill :jiggy:

Don't know if the "mini list" can be used as a guidline anymore.... a PIO member who I don't think has subscribed to this thread said on facebook last night (and on here) that he got his WA SS approval yesterday and applied mid April..... so that's a pretty quick turn around

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/91048-wa-state-sponsorship-granted-today.html

Wonder if they are picking and choosing now...dependant on your trade on whether it's in severe shortage ???

Just thought I would let everyone know that I have just checked my e-mails after coming home from a meeting and I have had my State Sponsorship approved.

Good luck to all those still waiting. For reference I applied on the 23rd March

Just thought I would let everyone know that I have just checked my e-mails after coming home from a meeting and I have had my State Sponsorship approved.

Good luck to all those still waiting. For reference I applied on the 23rd March

Congratulations :jiggy:

WA's homepage suggested that they were going to rush through all outstanding SS applications and that appears to be what they are doing .

perhaps they are pushing for all those with SS to be allowed on SMP?

WA's homepage suggested that they were going to rush through all outstanding SS applications and that appears to be what they are doing .

perhaps they are pushing for all those with SS to be allowed on SMP?

Thats exactly what I think. Things are a bit desperate in WA as far as vacancies are concerned. I bet they will be trying to get all of their occupations on their SMP, so I would imagine that all TOP, all HIGH and some PRIORITY would have agreat chance of making it. Fingers crossed.

A colleague of mine from WA reckoned that if you already had SS from WA that you would transistion over to the SMP due to the situation with the jobs market. I would like to think that if you were granted SS, then they obviously need you more than ever now.

Cheers,

John

Thats exactly what I think. Things are a bit desperate in WA as far as vacancies are concerned. I bet they will be trying to get all of their occupations on their SMP, so I would imagine that all TOP, all HIGH and some PRIORITY would have agreat chance of making it. Fingers crossed.

A colleague of mine from WA reckoned that if you already had SS from WA that you would transistion over to the SMP due to the situation with the jobs market. I would like to think that if you were granted SS, then they obviously need you more than ever now.

Cheers,

John

Yes. Definitely the priority list has taken effect. Perhaps all the TOP Priority occupations would be processed first. you may see the document as following:

http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/dtwd/detcms/apprenticeships-and-training/training-and-workforce-development/binary-files/state-priority-occupation-list.en?oid=com.arsdigita.cms.contenttypes.FileStorageItem-id-9702004

Additionally,today I have heard 6 applicants have received their SS. Their occuptions are IT or engineers.

Good luck to everyone!

Archived