WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone :jiggy:

I have printed off the form 1100 but it is only one page that says continued on the next page ........:confused:

Am I missing a page or is this just a usual confusing visa form :confused:

?

Well done Pluto.

Also I have just noticed on the WA job list that refers to 3 levels of priority that Hairdeers is Top ( 2nd) but Hairdressing Manager is High (1st). How will they differntiate as the TRA code is based on Hairdresser only.

If we assume High Priority might get on SMP and lodged visas are placed under just Hairdresser then perhaps all lodged Hairdressers with SS might get classed as High. Just a further point sorry my OH is a self employed Hairdresser working from a salon and also mobile. the mobile work would entail buying her own stock and managing this stock, managing her own clients etc so technically, playing devils advocat here but would this class her as a Hairdressing manager ?

interesting point for you Jools also to refer to your agent.

Shane

Well done Pluto.

Also I have just noticed on the WA job list that refers to 3 levels of priority that Hairdeers is Top ( 2nd) but Hairdressing Manager is High (1st). How will they differntiate as the TRA code is based on Hairdresser only.

If we assume High Priority might get on SMP and lodged visas are placed under just Hairdresser then perhaps all lodged Hairdressers with SS might get classed as High. Just a further point sorry my OH is a self employed Hairdresser working from a salon and also mobile. the mobile work would entail buying her own stock and managing this stock, managing her own clients etc so technically, playing devils advocat here but would this class her as a Hairdressing manager ?

interesting point for you Jools also to refer to your agent.

Shane

Hi Shane,

I might have missed something but I thought that TOP was the highest, HIGH was second and PRIORITY was third?

Cheers,

John:hug:

Guest ouseun
Yes. Definitely the priority list has taken effect. Perhaps all the TOP Priority occupations would be processed first. you may see the document as following:

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - State priority occupation list

Additionally,today I have heard 6 applicants have received their SS. Their occuptions are IT or engineers.

Good luck to everyone!

If the SMP has these skill then i think its good news for some

I have a TOP PRIORITY SKILL

good luck to all

Guest Suz2011
Thanks everyone :jiggy:

I have printed off the form 1100 but it is only one page that says continued on the next page ........:confused:

Am I missing a page or is this just a usual confusing visa form :confused:

?

Hi Pluto I thought the same thing. I checked the form on DIAC website and the 2nd page is completed by WA when you send it back I think. :jiggy:

Hi John

I think I might have got them the wrong way round but the point remains the same . Hairdessing is 2nd whereas hairdressing manager is 1st. Thats clearer I think

Hi Shane,

No worries. I just hope that all of the priorities make the SMP mate, regardless which group they are in. Do you think they might move everyone who has SS over to the SMP just to clear the backlog?

Guest Bootco
Hi Shane,

No worries. I just hope that all of the priorities make the SMP mate, regardless which group they are in. Do you think they might move everyone who has SS over to the SMP just to clear the backlog?

Hi John, I think they might. I read on a thread lately from a lady who had spoken to some official at WA's migration dept' who told her that "they would do everything in their power to get everyone they had sponsored over there"! Oviously tho', DIAC would have the last word I'd imagine.

Richard

Hi Shane,

I hope they do get everyone on smp who already has SS. When i applied for state sponsorship my profession was on the priority list at that time so if its not now it will really be unfair.

Guest Claire and Simon

Hi

We unfortunately received the bad news that our State Sponsorship has been declined due to us being off list, boo!!

We did submit a 175 visa application on 19th March 2010 though (with the intention of changing to 176 with State Sponsorship) so I think for the time being we are just in for a very very very........long wait :cry:

Kelly, please could you update our timeline?

Thanks

Claire

Hi Shane,

Personally, yes.

It makes sense as like we have both always said the states have selected our OH's for Sponsorship. we havent lodged independant or family we have been backd by the state we want to live in.

I hope we are proven right John

Shane

Hi

We unfortunately received the bad news that our State Sponsorship has been declined due to us being off list, boo!!

We did submit a 175 visa application on 19th March 2010 though (with the intention of changing to 176 with State Sponsorship) so I think for the time being we are just in for a very very very........long wait :cry:

Kelly, please could you update our timeline?

Thanks

Claire

Sorry Claire to read your news :wubclub: That is a long wait to be told no :sad:

Guest ibby4

Got the good news at last, we have SS for WA!!:laugh: Also received an email from immigration allocating us a case officer, is this what normally happens?

Got the good news at last, we have SS for WA!!:laugh: Also received an email from immigration allocating us a case officer, is this what normally happens?

Hi ibby4

Thats not what normally happens.

What is your time line ?

Had you already lodged a visa app if so when ? What is your occupation ?

Thats seriuosly fast if your not on the old CSL

Shane

Hi, congrats on getting your SS.

Also great news that you have had contact from DIAC about a CO!

What category do you fall into now and when did you lodge your application??? I would think its coincidence that you have heard from both today, they must be dealing with your 175 application as they wont even know about your SS from WA until you complete the Form 1100 and send it back to WA!

Would love to know a little more about your timeline???

Well done

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest ibby4

Hi

I am not sure how to put on a timeline, but we applied for SS on 26/3/10 and a 175 (intending to convert to a 176) on 2/4/10. I am a physiotherapist and my OH a carpenter

The CO is asking for evidence of our SS, that is why I thought they were related, that and the emails came within 1 hour of each other

Hi

I am not sure how to put on a timeline, but we applied for SS on 26/3/10 and a 175 (intending to convert to a 176) on 2/4/10. I am a physiotherapist and my OH a carpenter

The CO is asking for evidence of our SS, that is why I thought they were related, that and the emails came within 1 hour of each other

Ah.. you are old CSL.. that explains it. Not sure why you went for SS when you were in high priority. Did you not have enough points for 175 ?

Archived