WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Bet your glad thats all over Rach! How did Abigail feel about peeing in the pot? Travis wasnt amused lol

u

As for the weight thing I am sure hes just ticking the boxes I know the Dr we saw never mentioned it, anyway thats another thing down lets hope you all hear something soon and that you are finally on your way here.

And yes having the breast exam to me was fine at least a professional has given you the all clear I dont know about you but I find when my OH does it his mind is always on other things :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Happy Birthday Rachel hope you have a great day, and that next year we can raise a glass together x

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chriscarina
Never have I wished my time away so much lol!

Well we have been for our medicals doing this morning. We went to Manchester and saw Dr Smith who was lovely and great with the kids.

Was all pretty straightforward, check your weight, height, eye sight, ENT, reflexes, general mobility, blood pressure and blood. Although because of my weight and BMI being high he recommended I get an addiitonal blood test for glucose to check I'm not diabetic. He said chances are I'm not... HOWEVER... given that I AM 40 tomorrow (and results won't be ready till Wednesday) and my BMI is high, DIAC may ask HIM why he didn't CHECK for diabetes. He seemed to suggest that if the results had been sent BEFORE my birthday it would have been less of an issue for DIAC .... these DIAC bods - we may never understand how their minds work haha!

Also because of my looming OLD AGE I had to have a breast exam - again wouldn't have been neccessary in my 30's! Also for the ladies, you can't be on your period when you have your medical as it will taint your urine test, so make sure you know your dates when you book yours!!

He also pointed out that if for example you take a 15 year old child who wouldn't normally need blood tests, that you should bear in mind that if there is a chance their results won't arrive in Australia until AFTER their 16th birthday, they would still have to have the blood tests in that case!

On the cost side of things...I was a little caught out by the fact that the ADMIN FEE for e-filing of the results was not a single fee for the family but for EACH of us, so it was £60 more straight off and £12 more for the extra blood test. So all in all for 2 adults 1 8 year old and one 3 yr old it cost us £606 for the meds and £170 for the x rays.

PLUS, breakfast at McD's £10, Parking £10 oh and we went on the Manchester Wheel £20 too ROFL

Hi,

I have been reading this thread and seen a few getting there meds done, My OH is a bricklayer and on the Sol list, I do try and get on here to read the threads but with kids i find it hard to keep up. Have i missed anything? Have you been told to do your Meds? I asked DIAC a few month back if i should do my meds due to i had done my police checks, The reply i got back was no.

Im really confused now and really dont want to miss out on anything,should i do my meds?

Thanks Carina.

Hi,

I have been reading this thread and seen a few getting there meds done, My OH is a bricklayer and on the Sol list, I do try and get on here to read the threads but with kids i find it hard to keep up. Have i missed anything? Have you been told to do your Meds? I asked DIAC a few month back if i should do my meds due to i had done my police checks, The reply i got back was no.

Im really confused now and really dont want to miss out on anything,should i do my meds?

Thanks Carina.

NO not been asked to do them..... we are just hedging our bets on the SMP! If we hadn't sold our house the we wouldn't have taken the risk with "frontloading!" although I don't really see it as front loading since our application has been in for 18 months!!! I am optimistic that those of us in particular with WA SS won't been waiting too much longer!!!! I refuse to be pessimistic lol

Guest chriscarina

Hi,

Ok thanks for your reply, I may have words with my OH about doing our meds! we also have WA SS. Good Luck everyone there must be some moment soon surely.

Carina.

Guest bcfrug

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - State priority occupation list

Hi All,

Sorry have not been on here since last week but found this on another site.

Is this potentially the new SMP for WA.

Maybe it belongs in another thread but said id let you know i found it anyway. It might be nothing. Might be worth asking George ay????

Thanks Guys

The Department of Training and Workforce Development - State priority occupation list

Hi All,

Sorry have not been on here since last week but found this on another site.

Is this potentially the new SMP for WA.

Maybe it belongs in another thread but said id let you know i found it anyway. It might be nothing. Might be worth asking George ay????

Thanks Guys

Hi bcfrug,

This isn't the SMP unfortunately. This is the State Priority Occupation list. The SMP should be out anytime between now and the end of the month.

Cheers,

John

Guest bcfrug
Hi bcfrug,

This isn't the SMP unfortunately. This is the State Priority Occupation list. The SMP should be out anytime between now and the end of the month.

Cheers,

John

Thanks John,

I wonder will the SMP be based on this. Top priority i assume means just that so hopefully the list is based on this.

ANyway fingers crossed it will be published soon.

Ta

Thanks John,

I wonder will the SMP be based on this. Top priority i assume means just that so hopefully the list is based on this.

ANyway fingers crossed it will be published soon.

Ta

Hi bcfrug,

As far as I know, the SMP will be taking the occupations from this list. I have everything crossed mate.

John

Guest bcfrug

Nice one hopefully your right. Do you know of any whispers of the possibility of transferring already granted SS to the new SMP. Im pretty sure ill be on the new SMP so hoping i can transfer now????

Nice one hopefully your right. Do you know of any whispers of the possibility of transferring already granted SS to the new SMP. Im pretty sure ill be on the new SMP so hoping i can transfer now????

Not sure mate, but I reckon if you have SS you will go on to the SMP anyway. I came to this by thinking that, if you are a new applicant for a visa through the SMP, it will take up to 12 months from time of application., so thats a long time for them to leave the people who already have SS in the system. The job situation has now got so critical in WA that the easy way to remedy this would be to move the existing SS people straight to the SMP and get them in, then after 12 months look at the new applications.

John

Guest bcfrug

Hope so mate. Im praying to God, Buddha, Harry Chrishna and anyone else i can think of. :yellow_guy_smiling_

Guest Mongobear

I don't think so. If you check the priority processing regulations (section Q2) on the DIAC page you'll see that SMP is processed with priority two and "old" SS applications with priority 5 ... Don't think this will change again. Priority 5 = 3 years

Guest Bootco
I don't think so. If you check the priority processing regulations (section Q2) on the DIAC page you'll see that SMP is processed with priority two and "old" SS applications with priority 5 ... Don't think this will change again. Priority 5 = 3 years

So this would mean the new SMP would be meaningless for us with the old style SS as we remain cat 5 even if our occupation is on the new sol and we are also "top priority"?

This can't be right surely?

Guest bcfrug

Speaking to my agent she told me anything is possible but this scenario is very unlikely and one of her main reasons was this.

I have a current application in and i have SS granted for my occupation.(FITTER)

Im currently in Cat 5.(Will take me 3 years for a grant)

If Fitter is on the new SMP.

My brother applies once the new SMP is announced. He is also a fitter with exactly the same skills and quals and experience. He even has the same financial status etc to me.

He is granted SMP after 6 months and his visa after another 6 months.

(Will take him 1 year for a grant)

Now look at the scenario. Two brothers with exactly the same quals and experience for exactly the same positions. I could be delayed (3 years) because my application was lodged a year before him and he gets his visa after (1 years). Now how can this be.

Also what will each state do for the next 12 months while all of the new SMP applications are being processed. Who will be granted visas in the period. They cant stop granting until all of the new SMP applications are finalised. Now thats from my agent but like she said anything can happen.

Also will active SS applications that have not been granted yet be turned into SMP applications. If not will they be ceased and made re apply. Because if my brother for instance applied only few weeks ago for SS (Fitter) and has not been granted could he be granted under the new SMP and again leap frog me. I dont think this will be allowed happen.

Cheers

Speaking to my agent she told me anything is possible but this scenario is very unlikely and one of her main reasons was this.

I have a current application in and i have SS granted for my occupation.(FITTER)

Im currently in Cat 5.(Will take me 3 years for a grant)

If Fitter is on the new SMP.

My brother applies once the new SMP is announced. He is also a fitter with exactly the same skills and quals and experience. He even has the same financial status etc to me.

He is granted SMP after 6 months and his visa after another 6 months.

(Will take him 1 year for a grant)

Now look at the scenario. Two brothers with exactly the same quals and experience for exactly the same positions. I could be delayed (3 years) because my application was lodged a year before him and he gets his visa after (1 years). Now how can this be.

Also what will each state do for the next 12 months while all of the new SMP applications are being processed. Who will be granted visas in the period. They cant stop granting until all of the new SMP applications are finalised. Now thats from my agent but like she said anything can happen.

Cheers

Hi bcfrug,

I totally agree with everything above. I think everyone is still looking at the present processing situation, which will have to change anyway when the CSL gets revoked. This to me has only been a stalling tool used by the government to slow down the immigration process so it can have more control over who and how many come in to Australia. We are lucky in the fact that we have SS and the states wanted us when they granted it and they need us now more than ever.

Cheers,

John

Many, many Congratulations to Lyndon....:jiggy:

I am so very pleased for you & others waiting....:jiggy:

Name: lyndon (aka,lp1664)

online ss application submitted: 04/04/09

SS received: Approved 14/08/09

Visa Granted: 14/07/10 :v_SPIN:

Guest stillwaiting79

hi all, just received this in the mail.

The Government of Western Australia would like to advise the following;

All pending applications for State Sponsorship from Western Australia will be processed. All new applications can be lodged on-line when the system on the State website is re-opened. If you have not lodged your visa application, please contact Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

The Off-list nominations for the 2009/2010 program year have been allocated. Allocations for the 2010/2011 off-list have not yet been finalised.

The signed agreement with the form 1100 can be scanned and emailed to migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au clearly marked “Signed Agreement and 1100 – Applicant Name and SMT/R reference number “ in the subject line of the email. If you have already done this please do not send it again.

The six-monthly survey process required as part of state sponsorship approval is currently suspended. You will be contacted when the surveys resume in late August 2010. Change of address details can be emailed to migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au clearly marked with “Applicant Name, SMT/R reference number and DoB.” If you have already done this please do not send it again.

The State Migration Plan is still being finalised and we are unable to offer information regarding any possible criteria or the occupations that may be listed.

You may wish to keep yourself up to date with the changes by reading the information available on our website www.migration.wa.gov.au regularly. It will be updated as and when information is available.

The Government of Western Australia is not responsible for visa applications but for state sponsorship only.

Please accept this as a response to your questions. Skilled Migration WA is currently unable to respond to individual emails.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

hi all, just received this in the mail.

The Government of Western Australia would like to advise the following;

All pending applications for State Sponsorship from Western Australia will be processed. All new applications can be lodged on-line when the system on the State website is re-opened. If you have not lodged your visa application, please contact Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).

The Off-list nominations for the 2009/2010 program year have been allocated. Allocations for the 2010/2011 off-list have not yet been finalised.

The signed agreement with the form 1100 can be scanned and emailed to migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au clearly marked “Signed Agreement and 1100 – Applicant Name and SMT/R reference number “ in the subject line of the email. If you have already done this please do not send it again.

The six-monthly survey process required as part of state sponsorship approval is currently suspended. You will be contacted when the surveys resume in late August 2010. Change of address details can be emailed to migration@dtwd.wa.gov.au clearly marked with “Applicant Name, SMT/R reference number and DoB.” If you have already done this please do not send it again.

The State Migration Plan is still being finalised and we are unable to offer information regarding any possible criteria or the occupations that may be listed.

You may wish to keep yourself up to date with the changes by reading the information available on our website www.migration.wa.gov.au regularly. It will be updated as and when information is available.

The Government of Western Australia is not responsible for visa applications but for state sponsorship only.

Please accept this as a response to your questions. Skilled Migration WA is currently unable to respond to individual emails.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

Hi Stillwaiting79,

I got this response as well, so I have posted it on a few threads. I think its starting to look very good for people who have SS at the moment.

Cheers,

John

Guest Mongobear

What is this form 1100 exactly for? I applied for WA-SS online back in march but never signed and scanned a form 1100 as far as I remember.

Hi John

Do you think that it also looks good for those with SS that might not be on the SMP. ?

Shane

Hi Shane,

I personally think that if you have SS, you wont have to worry. Although some people might not be on the SMP, I think they will be prioritised according to the new State priority occupation list ( TOP, HIGH & PRIORITY ). I still believe that the states dint give people SS for the sake of it. I think that it will all come clear from between now and 1st August. To your question above, Yes I think it looks good for those with SS who might not be on the SMP, but once again its only my opinion.

Cheers,

John

Archived