WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

Guest JK2510
Not sure mate, but I reckon if you have SS you will go on to the SMP anyway. I came to this by thinking that, if you are a new applicant for a visa through the SMP, it will take up to 12 months from time of application., so thats a long time for them to leave the people who already have SS in the system. The job situation has now got so critical in WA that the easy way to remedy this would be to move the existing SS people straight to the SMP and get them in, then after 12 months look at the new applications.

John

Hi,

I must agree with John about the shortage of skilled people in WA.

I apologise for my waffling in advance but i want to fill you in about our situation!

My OH is an air con engineer and we are stuck in this whole visa fiasco! We went to Perth last year for a reccie in october. So with the 23 september business deep in our minds i sent my OH into his current employers company who have a office in Perth. Theyre a huge world wide company. They had a chat and agreed to email his CV on arrival in UK as they would like another engineer but need to go through the whole job approval with HQ in asia. They were very interested and we recieved a email in may stating they would like to interview him once approval comes through at the end of may! So we waited and waited!

We then got another knockback to say they wouldnt sponsor him(they knew that sponsorship was the only way from day one!) but would give him the job if he could get to oz on his own!

This company advertised the job and after 4 weeks they had to readvertise as they cant fill the position!!

Perhaps some companies dont know how dire the job situation is!!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We also tried the employer sponser route & got really far with one company, the Boss was really keen to get my Husbands skills into his company (here he owns his own business)

We got as far as him having to clear the sponsership with head office.....Then, hit a brick wall, rather hard....:sad: I think Australian employers are nervous with the sponsership

JK2510- Good luck though, im sure that once your visa comes through (keep the faith) & you set a date for the move, the company will snap up your hubby...:wink:

We also tried the employer sponser route & got really far with one company, the Boss was really keen to get my Husbands skills into his company (here he owns his own business)

We got as far as him having to clear the sponsership with head office.....Then, hit a brick wall, rather hard....:sad: I think Australian employers are nervous with the sponsership

JK2510- Good luck though, im sure that once your visa comes through (keep the faith) & you set a date for the move, the company will snap up your hubby...:wink:

Hi Kelly,

I had the same situation in October 2008. I was told that head office ( GBC Australia ) put a global freeze on hiring, but if I got there off my own steam, then there was a place for me. this is the reason why we went down the SS route with my O/H. I think that now especially in WA, the employers now know how desperate things are becoming, but still, due to expense and hassle, do not want to sponsor employees. I also know that they are not happy with DIAC, as they all know that we are patiently waiting in the wings. It will be interesting to see if this has an effect on the voting next month.

Regards,

John

Guest Sebbers

Hi All,

Just thought I would give a quick update, were back from our validation trip which was a complete success. The main issue for us as I'm sure it is for many others is whether you can successfully find employment after arrival. Well having spoken to a number of housebuilders whilst in WA it seems Darren won't have a problem finding work after we arrive. The job papers speak volumes far better than here in the UK, lots of jobs advertised for brickies. There are lots of housing estates being constructed well, where we were anyway, so my mind is at ease for now, just need to sell the bloody house!

Andrea

Hi All,

Just thought I would give a quick update, were back from our validation trip which was a complete success. The main issue for us as I'm sure it is for many others is whether you can successfully find employment after arrival. Well having spoken to a number of housebuilders whilst in WA it seems Darren won't have a problem finding work after we arrive. The job papers speak volumes far better than here in the UK, lots of jobs advertised for brickies. There are lots of housing estates being constructed well, where we were anyway, so my mind is at ease for now, just need to sell the bloody house!

Andrea

Great to hear from you, glad the validation trip went well....:yes:

Will you be writting a reccie report? I love reading all about peoples trips & findings....:wink: & I know loads of others enjoy them too

Guest Sebbers
Great to hear from you, glad the validation trip went well....:yes:

Will you be writting a reccie report? I love reading all about peoples trips & findings....:wink: & I know loads of others enjoy them too

Hi Kelly,

Will do at some point body clock still out of sync so not firing on all four cylinders yet! Eldest off on her first girly holiday today so still trying to sort things out for her, as soon as I have a spare half hour will do.

Andrea

Guest pom64
Hi All,

Andrea

Hi Sebbers

Would you mind telling me where you was in perth

many thanks

pom64

Guest Sebbers
Hi Sebbers

Would you mind telling me where you was in perth

many thanks

pom64

Hi,

Any particular reason why you ask?

Andrea

Guest pom64
Hi,

Any particular reason why you ask?

Andrea

Yer as i am a brickie my self we went to validate in april as i have a job offer in Esperance just keeping our options open thats all in case it dose not work out down there

cheers

pom64

Guest Sebbers
Yer as i am a brickie my self we went to validate in april as i have a job offer in Esperance just keeping our options open thats all in case it dose not work out down there

cheers

pom64

Hi,

We were up in Clarkson, spoke to an English subbie over there who as plenty of work on if I want it. We also spoke to a few different housebuilders who were either on with or waiting for new developments to start up. I bought the West Australian paper and looked at the job pages on the first weekend there were no less than 58 jobs advertised for brickies.

Andrea

Guest pom64
Hi,

We were up in Clarkson, spoke to an English subbie over there who as plenty of work on if I want it. We also spoke to a few different housebuilders who were either on with or waiting for new developments to start up. I bought the West Australian paper and looked at the job pages on the first weekend there were no less than 58 jobs advertised for brickies.

Andrea

Thanks Andrea

That's nice to no might have a look when we arrive in Perth as we are stopping there for a week or so before we move down to Esperance its just nice to have other options,do you have family in clarkson or did you go there by chance as we have no idea where to go, how far out is Clarkson from the centre of perth

all the best

Steve

Guest Sebbers
Thanks Andrea

That's nice to no might have a look when we arrive in Perth as we are stopping there for a week or so before we move down to Esperance its just nice to have other options,do you have family in clarkson or did you go there by chance as we have no idea where to go, how far out is Clarkson from the centre of perth

all the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

No don't have family there, we have a few friends that live within driving distance from Clarkson so opted to stay there. Clarkson is approx. 45 mins drive from Perth Int. Airport. I don't think we will be staying in Clarkson when we do move over, will probably be looking at other suburbs nearby.

Andrea

Hi Kelly........

Great news at last, got our state sponsorship approval this morning.......we are all so happy, cant stop smiling all day!!

our details are

Name: ehawton

online ss application submitted: 4/3/10

ss received: 19/7/10

Hoooooray!!!! and best of luck to everyone still waiting. Thanks kelly, your thread is just the best ever!

Hi Kelly........

Great news at last, got our state sponsorship approval this morning.......we are all so happy, cant stop smiling all day!!

our details are

Name: ehawton

online ss application submitted: 4/3/10

ss received: 19/7/10

Hoooooray!!!! and best of luck to everyone still waiting. Thanks kelly, your thread is just the best ever!

Congratulations:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Guest Mongobear

And here's some bad news. My Sponsorship application has been declined :cry: Just got the confirmation this morning from my agent.

I'm not that sad about it since there's no real benefit with a non-SMP-sponsorship since yesterday (175er and "old style" 176ers are both priority 4 ... DIAC ).

Since I've lodged the 176 with the DIAC in May with 120 points it just turns into a 175 now and I'm not completely lost.

The reason stated is:

"Your nominated occupation is not included on the Western Australian Occupation in Demand List as in demand ‘Statewide’. Based on this your application has been unsuccessful and the State is unable to offer you Sponsorship for the Skilled Sponsored Visa."

I applied for 2231-79 (Project Manager) but had just a 2231-79 (nec) skills assessment. I had some bigger project work in my job-references but they just seem to look at the skills assessment. Bad luck ...

Fingers crossed for the rest of you !

Cheers

Uli

Guest dragsterwish
And here's some bad news. My Sponsorship application has been declined :cry: Just got the confirmation this morning from my agent.

I'm not that sad about it since there's no real benefit with a non-SMP-sponsorship since yesterday (175er and "old style" 176ers are both priority 4 ... DIAC ).

Since I've lodged the 176 with the DIAC in May with 120 points it just turns into a 175 now and I'm not completely lost.

The reason stated is:

"Your nominated occupation is not included on the Western Australian Occupation in Demand List as in demand ‘Statewide’. Based on this your application has been unsuccessful and the State is unable to offer you Sponsorship for the Skilled Sponsored Visa."

I applied for 2231-79 (Project Manager) but had just a 2231-79 (nec) skills assessment. I had some bigger project work in my job-references but they just seem to look at the skills assessment. Bad luck ...

Fingers crossed for the rest of you !

Cheers

Uli

Sad to hear about your case. Like what you've mentioned, it may be a blessing in disguise! Coz if your occupation isn't in the SMP, then you wouldn't have to waste $$$ to re-apply again!

Guest bcfrug

Hey hey all.

Great news for those with previousley granted SS!!!!

All we have to do now is wait and hope to be included on the new SMP and we will be changed over to Cat 2. I still cant believe it. I cant believe that if im on the new SMP i will have visa grant within 6 months all going well. :yellow_guy_smiling_

Is there many of us with previousley SS Grants????

Guest Suz2011

Go an email from agent this morning advising our state sponsorship was approved on 14th July. Please turn me Blue :jiggy:

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Guest bcfrug
Go an email from agent this morning advising our state sponsorship was approved on 14th July. Please turn me Blue :jiggy:

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Congrats Suz. Hopefully you will be on the new SMP for your chosen state and you will be automatically bumped to Cat 2 and only 6 Months then for a grant.

Well done and best of luck to everyone else :biggrin:

Guest JK2510
Hey hey all.

Great news for those with previousley granted SS!!!!

All we have to do now is wait and hope to be included on the new SMP and we will be changed over to Cat 2. I still cant believe it. I cant believe that if im on the new SMP i will have visa grant within 6 months all going well. :yellow_guy_smiling_

Is there many of us with previousley SS Grants????

Hi

Are you speculating 6 months for a visa grant?? They will be processing in order of lodgement of original visa.

Archived