WA State Sponser-Update- Where are you now? class of 2008 - 2010

cartertucker

All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. All being well...When are you hoping to move to WA?

• September 2009 or Before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or Later

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Suz2011

Hi Cartertucker

Just a wee note to say thank you for your thread it has been and will continue to be fantastic support for us all

Suz :hug:

Guest tabatha
Wow, WA has already processed applications dated 27/8?! That's good news for all August & Sept batches!

I vaguely recalled my agent advising us that we need a sum of min $100k for a family of four. That works out to be about $25k per person. Don't quote me as i could be wrong. My memory is fading fast as its over 27 weeks ago since we lodged our WA SS!!! ... & too much of wine o'clock awaiting the arrival of the WA SS approval letter.....:twitcy:

I lodged my ss in march 2010 and got it 4 weeks ago....lodged a 175 in October 2009.. So dont know why your still waitin for ss..So fingers crossed for you..

Guest kittymeow

Hello,

Below is my timeline. :biggrin:

Name: kittymeow

Online SS application submitted: 05/04/10

SS Recieved: Approved on 22/07/10

Guest Sebbers
Hi Cartertucker

GOT MY VISA APPROVAL YESTERDAY YEE HA :yes:

Can you update my details please

Wishing everyone still waiting the best of luck :hug:

Suz

Congratulations x

Guest Sebbers

Just had a thought don't know if anyone else has seen it but I noticed an advertisement in our local paper yesterday advertising jobs from Rio Tinto, so anyone who has a background in mining, utilities or rail works need only apply. They are in the UK mid September conducting interviews for anyone whose interested, apparantly they offer full sponsorship and re-locations costs too as well as excellent remuneration packages!

Guest dragsterwish
I lodged my ss in march 2010 and got it 4 weeks ago....lodged a 175 in October 2009.. So dont know why your still waitin for ss..So fingers crossed for you..

Hi tabatha, i was referring to those who were still waiting for their SS. I've gotten mine in Feb 2010.

Hi Cartertucker

Just a wee note to say thank you for your thread it has been and will continue to be fantastic support for us all

Suz :hug:

Aww, thats kind....Thankyou :cute:

Hello,

Below is my timeline. :biggrin:

Name: kittymeow

Online SS application submitted: 05/04/10

SS Recieved: Approved on 22/07/10

Hi & thanks for giving us your timeline...Ive added you to the front page

Good luck for the future :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sananddav

Profile: new Australian Immigration Minister Chris Bowen

by Stephanie 15/09/2010 17:54:00

image.axd?picture=chrisbowen.jpg

The Hon Chris Bowen.

(Image: Parliment of

Australia)

Julia Gillard was sworn in as Prime Minister of Australia at Government House in Canberra yesterday, followed by her appointed ministry that includes Chris Bowen as the new Minister for Immigration and Citizenship.

Gillard faces the enormous challenge of balancing a minority government that includes three fractious independents and a Green Party member, while also needing to address the problems and failings of the Rudd government.

Challenges as new immigration minister

Bowen, an ambitious right-leaning member of the Labor party, replaces Chris Evans who failed to control the often-divisive immigration debate as Australian immigration minister and is now Minister for Jobs, Skills and Workplace Relations and Tertiary Education.

Both ministers can expect intense lobbying by universities in the coming months over the recent Australian Visa changes for international students that makes it more difficult to settle permanently after study – a move that threatens a million dollar education industry.

Described by the Sydney Morning Herald as smart and ambitious, Bowen has moved from a dry financial services portfolio into the difficult role as immigration minister.

His challenges will include depoliticising immigration intakes, catching up on a growing backlog of skilled visa applications, Australian immigration reforms for a number of different streams, as well as the difficult issue of asylum seekers.

Political career

Chris Bowen, 37, was educated at Smithfield Public School and St Johns Park High School in Sydney.

He graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Economics and won the Australian Transport Officers Federation Prize for the best industrial relations student at the university.

He was elected to Fairfield Council in 1995, and was Mayor of Fairfield for 1998 and 1999. He became president of the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils from 2000 to 2002.

Immediately before being elected to Parliament, Chris was chief-of-staff to Carl Scully, then NSW Minister for Roads, Housing and Leader of the House.

Chris Bowen was elected to the Federal Parliament as Member for Prospect in October 2004, and following an electoral redistribution he is now the Member for McMahon.

Since being in Parliament, Chris has been elected as Deputy Chair of the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Economics, Finance and Public Administration. He was also a member of the Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services.

In December 2006, Bowen was appointed to the Federal Labor Party's frontbench as the Shadow Assistant Treasurer and Shadow Minister for Revenue and Competition Policy.

The following December, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd appointed him two portfolios, as Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs.

In June 2009, Chris was elevated to Cabinet as Minister for Human Services and Minister for Financial Services, Superannuation and Corporate Law before taking on the portfolio of Immigration and Citizenship.

- Stephanie Bradley is Content and Communications Editor for the Australian Visa Bureau.

Guest sananddav

South Australian interim sponsorship list announced for Australian visa applicants

by Matt 21/09/2010 17:31:00

image.axd?picture=australian-visa-13.jpg

Migrants who wish to live and work in South Australia

could be eligible for sponsorship under the new

Interim Sponsorship List announced.

Immigration South Australia has announced they will shortly be accepting new sponsorship applications from migrants with selected occupations who wish to live and work in South Australia.

Migrants with occupations on the South Australian Interim Sponsorship List, which will be used until the South Australian State Migration Plan and associated list is implemented, will be able to apply for sponsorship for an Australian Visa in the very near future.

Some of the occupations included on the interim list include electrician, plumber, dentist, dental hygienist, registered nurse, midwife, project builder, taxation or management accountant.

A 140KB PDF document containing the full South Australian Interim Occupation List can be downloaded here.

For eligible sponsorship applicants looking to progress their application quickly, news that sponsorship is now obtainable from South Australia will be very welcome as it provides a way to avoid the growing delay for the South Australian State Migration Plan

If you have already submitted a complete application for South Australian state sponsorship AND your occupation is included in this Interim List, your application will be processed accordingly. You do not need to send a new application at this stage.

To be considered for sponsorship an applicant must have an occupation on the South Australian State Sponsorship Interim Occupation List and must be able to meet all other state sponsorship criteria.

- Matt Parker is a Caseworker for the Australian Visa Bureau.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest visa-pending

Hi all, have not been on for a while as I had kind of given up with it all. That was until yesterday morning when I received a call from my agent informing me that we had been allocated a case officer and we need to re-do our medicals and police checks. We have been given 28 days to complete and return everything (this after 2 and a bit years waiting). Any news for anyone similar to us? 175 lodged august 08 changed to 176 july 09.

Guest dragsterwish

WA State Migration Plan

http://www.dtwd.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/detcms/navigation/news-and-events/?oid=Category-id-10116464

5 October 2010

The Government of Western Australia's State Migration Plan is currently with the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship for final sign off. The Plan will introduce the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupations List.

Details of the State Migration Plan, State Sponsorship criteria and the re-opening of applications for State Sponsorship will be available on the website in the coming weeks.

Keep checking our website for updates on the release of the State Migration Plan.

Guest kittymeow

WA website has been updated recently..:v_SPIN:

State Migration Plan

5 October 2010

The Government of Western Australia's State Migration Plan is currently with the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship for final sign off. The Plan will introduce the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupations List.

Details of the State Migration Plan, State Sponsorship criteria and the re-opening of applications for State Sponsorship will be available on the website in the coming weeks.

Keep checking our website for updates on the release of the State Migration Plan.

Guest SusieOR
WA website has been updated recently..:v_SPIN:

State Migration Plan

5 October 2010

Hopefully soon... I have my fingers crossed!!! Cheers for the info...

• 1 month later...
Guest sananddav

Australia Visa Update: Western Australia State Migration Plan released

by Lauren 10/12/2010 15:11:00 image.axd?picture=logo.jpgThe Western Australian State

Migration Plan has been announced.

The Western Australian Government has released their State Migration Plan, which focuses largely on trade skill occupations, resource sector workers and health professionals.

Applicants who have a skill listed on the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List may be eligible to apply for Western Australian State Sponsorship. Applications from prospective migrants will be accepted from 20 December 2010.

Occupations on the list include a range of resource and mining sector professions such as engineers, surveyors, geologists, as well as health professionals like nurses and dentists, and tradespeople such as electricians, mechanics and plumbers.

The full list of occupations that the Western Australian Government is willing to sponsor can be viewed here. Western Australia has become the fifth state / territory to announce their approved State Migration Plan, following the announcements made by Victoria, the ACT, Northern Territory and Queensland.

What are State Migration Plans?

State Migration Plans (or SMPs) are set to play a critical part in the future of the Australian General Skilled Migration (GSM) program, as they have been developed by State/Territory governments to determine the occupations in which applicants will be eligible for state sponsored visas.

What will the benefits be to being sponsored under a State Migration Plan?

One of the main benefits of being sponsored under a State Migration Plan is how it will affect Australian visa processing timeframes, as visa applicants who appear on the Western Australia list of occupations will be moved to Priority Group 2, according to the current processing directive. This means that these applicants should see their applications finalised within 12 months.

- Lauren Mennie is Casework Department Manager for the Australian Visa Bureau.

Guest skipling

No mention of off-list applications yet...

Doesn't look like you can apply yet but it does show you the list - which is really good. Unless you're like me and not on the list :no:

Archived