SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

After what seems like an eternity pulling it all together we submitted and paid for my Visa Application yesterday. The initial auto generated email said 9-12 months wait time.

We are in the process of submitting all of the evidence we have gathered, so the next week or two will be hectic I'm sure...

I will keep tabs on things through this thread as things progress.

Cheers

:smile:

That's interesting.... New applicants are receiving shorter processing times of 9-12 months than the recent 10-14 months for those that applied towards the end of last year. Does anyone know historically that when the processing time shortens if those applicants who applied prior to this period may benefit from these shorter times also?

Or is the waiting time more dependant on how many applications are recieved at the time and applications have dropped off a little since the 2015 visa price hike?

Any thoughts on this welcome!

My 300 PMV was granted last week and I entered Aus yesterday :)

So that was just over 8 1/2 months.

Have been in Aus for the last couple of months on a tourist visa and case officer (WP) was very helpful arranging grant whilst I left the country for a few days.

3 months until our wedding then start over with the application for the 820/801 :(

Good luck to those waiting...

That's interesting.... New applicants are receiving shorter processing times of 9-12 months than the recent 10-14 months for those that applied towards the end of last year. Does anyone know historically that when the processing time shortens if those applicants who applied prior to this period may benefit from these shorter times also?

Or is the waiting time more dependant on how many applications are recieved at the time and applications have dropped off a little since the 2015 visa price hike?

im not too experienced here but it must be related to the amount of applications received at that time. The fact that the time has come down now is most probably due to the drop off in numbers of applications following the surge just before the price hike. If I get my visa in 12 months, that will do me just fine.

No problems at all. We have been very open about it from the start but to be honest the visitor visa goes thru your immi account anyway so they are very aware of your whereabouts and visa status. However you MUST treat it as a visitor visa and not a bridging visa which is only available when applying onshore. I am not allowed to work for example. Children are only allowed to attend school for 13 weeks but the NSW Temporary Residence programme waived that for us quite unexpectedly. Kids would have been bored out of their minds otherwise. We are hoping to get the notice any day (any minute, any second - am I counting here?) now. Seems like the best option is going to NZ. I think we have to be out of the country for 3 business days but have had no confirmation from my CO on this. Have only read this on the forums. I am finding the communication side of this rather difficult. I have had a grand total of about 3 emails from my CO in 9 months. She is not contactable other than sending an email via the immi account and asking them to forward it on which I did almost a month ago and have not had a reply. Just. So. Ready. To. Be. Done. Fingers crossed that this is my week. 8 months 24 days and counting...

Make sure you don't mention in NZ that you are visa running, I had problems, experienced whole border control scenario=) thanks god i had some 'Tourist Plan" with the accommodation and buses booked, otherwise they would not let me in=(

Basically the grant was emailed same day I left OZ, they want u to be away for 3 working days, fair enough, i could come back same day though.

Returning to Oz was so smooth, no questions, no printed grants, etc ... they got it all on the system, just passport and welcome to straya!

Same thing for people to coming here on a tourist visa while awaiting for their grant, i believe it all depends on the visa officer at the airport, but you have full right to come as tourist, nothing wrong with that. Again without all printed evidence and stuff, its 2015, they got all in their computers same as u got ur online banking n stuff.

Good luck to all who are still in the line! its all like an exam, you stress about it, but at the end its so easy!!! (but pricey!=)

I hope this means the processing time has been shortened in some way. They couldn't grant visas to people who are now being told 9-12 months before those who were told 10-14 months, that would be a bit unfair surely? I mean, I applied in November, so someone who applied in Feb would get theirs at the same time as me? Weird! Hopefully we'll find out soon.

I hope this means the processing time has been shortened in some way. They couldn't grant visas to people who are now being told 9-12 months before those who were told 10-14 months, that would be a bit unfair surely? I mean, I applied in November, so someone who applied in Feb would get theirs at the same time as me? Weird! Hopefully we'll find out soon.

We are thinking the same Alansuspect! I applied less than two weeks after you! Be interesting to know when the new 9-12 month applicants were told to get their meds and police checks done. Mine are due 6 months after the application was received...

We are thinking the same Alansuspect! I applied less than two weeks after you! Be interesting to know when the new 9-12 month applicants were told to get their meds and police checks done. Mine are due 6 months after the application was received...

Hopefully I will get all my documents uploaded by the end of this week and I will get some contact with my CO so I can let you know.

im not too experienced here but it must be related to the amount of applications received at that time. The fact that the time has come down now is most probably due to the drop off in numbers of applications following the surge just before the price hike. If I get my visa in 12 months, that will do me just fine.

My time was 9-12 months, but my application went in on 22nd December, so that would have been during the rush before the price hike. Maybe it was a typo ...!

My time was 9-12 months, but my application went in on 22nd December, so that would have been during the rush before the price hike. Maybe it was a typo ...!

Mine went in on the 22nd Dec too and I'm a 10-14'er. Perhaps it's individual CO case load?? Who knows? But have done 3 months already and hardly noticed it - time goes by faster as you get older!!

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been granted their visa this month, earlier than the expected time frame, on time or late?

The not knowing is difficult. Glad I'm definately not on my own with that!

Hi August,

Look back to page 1083 on this thread where I summarised the status of June 2014 applicants. You will see that some people got their visas granted this month after 8 months and 15 days, whereas mine was at 9 months and 6 days. It is luck of the draw with your CO and their work-load at the time I think.......

Hi August,

Look back to page 1083 on this thread where I summarised the status of June 2014 applicants. You will see that some people got their visas granted this month after 8 months and 15 days, whereas mine was at 9 months and 6 days. It is luck of the draw with your CO and their work-load at the time I think.......

Thanks for this! I must have missed that page. Making me feel slightly better knowing it may be closer to the 10 month mark than 14 month mark for everyone quoted that waiting time....but who knows.

FINALLY!!

Got the email 'Depart for Grant' letter on Monday making it 8 months and 24 days for us. We've booked our flights to New Zealand for the 6th to 11th (rules state we must be gone for 3 working days not including the travel days). Yaay!! Can't wait to stop being a 'visitor' and start working again.

Make sure you don't mention in NZ that you are visa running, I had problems, experienced whole border control scenario=) thanks god i had some 'Tourist Plan" with the accommodation and buses booked, otherwise they would not let me in=(

Basically the grant was emailed same day I left OZ, they want u to be away for 3 working days, fair enough, i could come back same day though.

Returning to Oz was so smooth, no questions, no printed grants, etc ... they got it all on the system, just passport and welcome to straya!

Same thing for people to coming here on a tourist visa while awaiting for their grant, i believe it all depends on the visa officer at the airport, but you have full right to come as tourist, nothing wrong with that. Again without all printed evidence and stuff, its 2015, they got all in their computers same as u got ur online banking n stuff.

Good luck to all who are still in the line! its all like an exam, you stress about it, but at the end its so easy!!! (but pricey!=)

Oh thanks for the heads up. We have booked a house and are making it a little holiday with my husband and son as well (they are Aussie so don't need to leave). We also have friends in NZ.

Pricey. Makes me shudder when I think of how much money we have spent, but it amazing to be able to make it all happen and live in this beautiful country.

Hello! I'm an Aussie and my partner a Pom and we're currently compiling our application and have spent the last few months on these forums getting loads of advice and Info (first time poster though!)

we seem to have come across loads of things that need stat decs? How many on average do people seem to have completed with their applications and how much is the cost to have them signed/certified in the UK/Where is the best place to do so? Can anyone give us a ball park figure on how many stat decs they have completed? :)

many thanks in advance!

I only had 1 stat Dec and none from aus citizens.. but last time I posted that I got shot down in flames! I think most people have 3 or 4

My friend just walked into a local solicitors without an appointment and they witnessed the stat dec for a fiver

I only had 1 stat Dec and none from aus citizens.. but last time I posted that I got shot down in flames! I think most people have 3 or 4

My friend just walked into a local solicitors without an appointment and they witnessed the stat dec for a fiver

I too only had one stat, but it was from an Aussie citizen.

Also one other question sorry! Am I correct in believing that once the visa is approved that we have to be in Australia by the date the medicals/police check run out?

Hi Sandd,

This is my experience. I got my med check done in March 2014 and Police check in April 2014 so was expecting to have to be in Oz before they ran out. I was all set to have to make a trip to activate the visa and then sort out the final move for later this year. My visa was approved 10 Dec 14 and I have to make first entry into Oz by 22 June. Hope that helps. :smile: