SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi JarvisG

I applied 4 days before you so I hope your optimism is correct!!!

Im hoping for 11 months aswell, already booked flights for mid October on a 3 month visitor visa and then may have to fly offshore for a few days while 309 is granted.

Im hoping for 11 months aswell, already booked flights for mid October on a 3 month visitor visa and then may have to fly offshore for a few days while 309 is granted.

In the same boat too, my medical is due mid May. We were originally hoping for October/November arrival when we applied but then had the 10-14 month wait surprise sprung on us. We haven't booked any flights yet and we can't decide when to sell up as we don't want to be homeless if it takes the full 14 months! Hard decision to make, wait it out and plan on the worst case scenario of 14 months or pack up, sell up and go on a tourist visa, ready with a side trip when the visa is issued (hoping it is issued! Though I can't see this being an issue!)

Going to have to decide this all very soon....

In the same boat too, my medical is due mid May. We were originally hoping for October/November arrival when we applied but then had the 10-14 month wait surprise sprung on us. We haven't booked any flights yet and we can't decide when to sell up as we don't want to be homeless if it takes the full 14 months! Hard decision to make, wait it out and plan on the worst case scenario of 14 months or pack up, sell up and go on a tourist visa, ready with a side trip when the visa is issued (hoping it is issued! Though I can't see this being an issue!)

Hi, from what ive read most of the straight forward applications with no further info needed seem to not take the full time, So 12 months would be average. With that in mind it could be just before the Xmas shut down or early Jan.

Hi, from what ive read most of the straight forward applications with no further info needed seem to not take the full time, So 12 months would be average. With that in mind it could be just before the Xmas shut down or early Jan.

Hi Bronyar,

We reckoned if it was going to be around the 12 months mark that would push us into peak season with flights. So if we don't go early (pre-visa grant) then we will wait till February (:-/) by then the visa will def be issued. Just a roll of the dice and time to decide!

9 months 3 days and going crazy :arghh: Day off work today which means obsessive email checking.

I hope that all of yours take closer to the 10 month mark, I thought 9 months was/is bad enough can't imagine what 14 months would be like.

£390 is an amazing deal. who is that flying with? Im loving that prices are so good at the moment.

9 months 3 days and going crazy :arghh: Day off work today which means obsessive email checking.

I hope that all of yours take closer to the 10 month mark, I thought 9 months was/is bad enough can't imagine what 14 months would be like.

£390 is an amazing deal. who is that flying with? Im loving that prices are so good at the moment.

Good luck Sophielouise, really can't be far away now. Got my fingers crossed for you that today is a good day.

I found the flight with Malaysian on The Travel supermarket site fo£410 each, so i called flightcentre and asked them to beat it. They came back with £390 each for exact same flight details. Very Happy.

I thought I had a straightforward application and it took 9 months to the day. I also had hoped/expected to receive my visa on the earlier side of the 6-9 wait. You really never can tell to be honest, there are some people who have their visa's 10 days early and then there's people like Sophielouise still waiting after the 9 month mark. It's a horrible process, I would expect to wait the full 14 months for the sake of your sanity please trust me on that one.

I think that there has been a huge influx in family visa applications over the last few years, and remember not all are going through London. I'd imagine they have a set quota for family visas in total.

Also, I think there's an element of old fashioned luck and who you end up with as your CO.

We are going through the same decisions at the minute. Got my medical in 4 weeks time but we don't know what to do with our house. Put it on the market now or wait?! It's hard, although we wouldn't be stuck on having somewhere to live. Hoping to be away early December! ???

Have ve you or bigboi sent an email yet? Really not right that you haven't had your confirmation. My 9 months is up on Friday and my co only works Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. So I'm hoping to hear by Wednesday. It said 8-9 months so that's what it should be not a day over!! If I have heard by Friday im going to email. Not sure how to word it without being like WTF! Haha

Have ve you or bigboi sent an email yet? Really not right that you haven't had your confirmation. My 9 months is up on Friday and my co only works Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. So I'm hoping to hear by Wednesday. It said 8-9 months so that's what it should be not a day over!! If I have heard by Friday im going to email. Not sure how to word it without being like WTF! Haha

Bigboy01 got his last week so I think Im the last May 27th one on here to hear anything. I emailed on Thursday evening last week but not heard anything back. Yeah I had no idea what to put so was just like 'as I have reached my 9 month mark I wanted to check that everything with my application was ok'. They have probably put me at the back of the queue for bothering them now! Im having to stop myself from bombarding them with more! Hopefully you hear this week :) I may explode though if people after me start getting theirs through!!

What my email says is "Please note that the current processing time for partner migration is at least 8 - 9 months from the date you lodged your application."

They put those words in bold, not me!

We aren't in a typical client relationship here as the AHC is in total control of the situation, we the applicants have absolutely no contractual rights and we can't exactly take our business elsewhere!!

Patience is the order of the day :cool:

Just got 309 visa through at 9 months 3 days :jiggy:Thanks for all the support on here, you have all helped keep me sane through the whole period! x

Fantastic news Sophielouise, now you need to update your POI signature!!

Hopefully my turn next week :jiggy:

Good luck with your plans going forward from now. Today is the start of the rest of your life........

So I'm a massive numpty. We made the decision to move to Cairns last August after a year of deliberation to be closer to my husband's family. During our research into emigrating I found this thread but didn't notice that 1) it was from 2009 and 2) there were over 1000 pages! So took the '3-4 months' from the front page as our expected processing time. My goodness the shock at the 10-14 months! We also didn't realise the price hike for 2015 :-s Thinking we had loads of time to get to Cairns for my husband to start work in October we took our time with the application. Having renewed Nick's passport and received our son's citizenship by decent certificate we aimed to get my application in by the end of January. Then we got the horrible news at the start of Jan that my beloved father-in-law had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and it extremely unlike to live out the year (or even to Easter in the worse case!). Nothing like news like that to focus the brain on visa forms! So my application went in on Jan 21st and the money was taken on Jan 30th and now I'm taring my hair out at hearing nothing more! Everyone who got their application in by Dec 31st seems to have heard from their CO but we've heard nothing. We've requested exspediation on compassionate grounds complete with medical reports detailing Dad's condition but have no idea if that's enough (the website only seems to say what won't be considered for exspediation. Incidentally, the London website is so unhelpful! I used the FAQs on the Berlin one while doing the form, so many more, clearer details given). I'm getting so stressed though and feel like such an idiot (though my six month bump and the pregnancy hormones don't help with that!). I guess this whole thing is stressful anyway without the addition emotional strain I'm under. Anyway, just needed to spurge. I find that a lot of my friends are so sad about us leaving that they don't want to talk about it! Nice to talk to people in the same situation :-)

Edited by Becsidaisy

So I'm a massive numpty. We made the decision to move to Cairns last August after a year of deliberation to be closer to my husband's family. During our research into emigrating I found this thread but didn't notice that 1) it was from 2009 and 2) there were over 1000 pages! So took the '3-4 months' from the front page as our expected processing time. My goodness the shock at the 10-14 months! We also didn't realise the price hike for 2015 :-s Thinking we had loads of time to get to Cairns for my husband to start work in October we took our time with the application. Having renewed Nick's passport and received our son's citizenship by decent certificate we aimed to get my application in by the end of January. Then we got the horrible news at the start of Jan that my beloved father-in-law had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and it extremely unlike to live out the year (or even to Easter in the worse case!). Nothing like news like that to focus the brain on visa forms! So my application went in on Jan 21st and the money was taken on Jan 30th and now I'm taring my hair out at hearing nothing more! Everyone who got their application in by Dec 31st seems to have heard from their CO but we've heard nothing. We've requested exspediation on compassionate grounds complete with medical reports detailing Dad's condition but have no idea if that's enough (the website only seems to say what won't be considered for exspediation. Incidentally, the London website is so unhelpful! I used the FAQs on the Berlin one while doing the form, so many more, clearer details given). I'm getting so stressed though and feel like such an idiot (though my six month bump and the pregnancy hormones don't help with that!). I guess this whole thing is stressful anyway without the addition emotional strain I'm under. Anyway, just needed to spurge. I find that a lot of my friends are so sad about us leaving that they don't want to talk about it! Nice to talk to people in the same situation :-)

Hi Becsidaisy, Sounds like an awful and very stressful situation for you. Patience is the key, a lot of people don't hear from their CO's until about 5 or 6 weeks so Im sure yours will be any day now. I know that doesn't help when you are wanting to go out.

Would you be able to go over on a 3 month holiday visa to be able to see your father in law? You are able to use other visas while you are waiting for the partner visa to be granted but you must let them know that you are applying for another visa so it doesn't cancel your other visa. If you are pregnant though make sure to check with airline if you plan to fly as I saw someone the other day say that a lot of airlines refuse anyone who is more than 5 months pregnant.

I hope that they get back to you soon and that they can make an allowance for you :)

We are going through the same decisions at the minute. Got my medical in 4 weeks time but we don't know what to do with our house. Put it on the market now or wait?! It's hard, although we wouldn't be stuck on having somewhere to live. Hoping to be away early December! 

Hi, it's such a hard call, because if you sell up too early and ship anything it'll be sat in a warehouse somewhere collecting charges whilst you are sofa surfing around friends and families homes back here. Or, you delay selling upand are sat here waiting for the paperwork to complete. Given my neighbours situation, it took them less than a week to find a buyer for their house, but almost six months for the sale to complete. I think after Easter I am going to make enquires with estate agents and get some advice. It would just be so much more helpful if we were just given a grant date to work towards!!

Just got 309 visa through at 9 months 3 days :jiggy:Thanks for all the support on here, you have all helped keep me sane through the whole period! x

Congratulations. Hopefully won't be long behind you. All the best in oz.

Also apologies to everyone for the rant earlier, and my selling and grammer! Haha

Hi, it's such a hard call, because if you sell up too early and ship anything it'll be sat in a warehouse somewhere collecting charges whilst you are sofa surfing around friends and families homes back here. Or, you delay selling upand are sat here waiting for the paperwork to complete. Given my neighbours situation, it took them less than a week to find a buyer for their house, but almost six months for the sale to complete. I think after Easter I am going to make enquires with estate agents and get some advice. It would just be so much more helpful if we were just given a grant date to work towards!!

I totally agree. We had the estate agent out last week, think we will put it straight on the market after my medical. Also had crown relocations out last week, they advised packing up in July if we wanted our furniture in Oz for December! That doesn't give us long to sell the house! Grrr... ?

Congrats sophielouise on the visa. So happy for you that it has finally come through, I suppose better late than never.

When are you planning on flying?

I swore that I wouldn't get into counting down the days/hours to the probable grant of my visa but, having lived through the excitement of the May applicants' grants, I have been well and truly sucked into it!

So I have done some stalking on this thread for the last few weeks and I have identified the following june applicants. Have I missed anyone?

sarah187 03/03(?) AW

Rikkeskill 06/06 JM

drew1975 08/06 WP

LucySt 08/06 KC

JonnoM 11/06 KP

LouiseCT 16/06 WP

MrsW27 24/06 CO unknown

Let the excitement commence :jiggy:

Just imagine if this forum didn't exist, we would be totally in the dark, not having a clue whether grants were happening or how much longer we were likely to have to wait.......