SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Tillyloola

Nothing for me today, I've been hitting my e-mail re fresh key like an OCD woodpecker all day. I'm slightly worried now.:frown:

Nothing for me today, I've been hitting my e-mail re fresh key like an OCD woodpecker all day. I'm slightly worried now.:frown:

Hi Tillyloola, just noticed i applied for mine the same day as you, which visa are you waiting for?

Guest Tillyloola
Hi Tillyloola, just noticed i applied for mine the same day as you, which visa are you waiting for?

Spouse PR (well hopefully).

I was hoping to hear something about my grant today because one of the girls who has the same CO / applied the day before me, was granted her's yesterday. I seriously haven't moved off the internet all day. I'm dyeing of cold anyway so its not like I had anything better to do (well I do but my germified state has stopped me in my tracks), but its still frustrating. I'm now going to have to suffer the weekend and even then there are no guarantees that mine will get sorted so quickly.

Its positively :arghh:

Guest smish

Hello Peeps

So I lodged 16/02/11

I front loaded everything including medicals in the hope it would speed up the process, it doesn't.. Maybe used to, but not now.

I advise, instead of spending more time preparing the application (and spending even more time apart from one another in some cases) Just send in what is needed and let them request the rest, unless you dont mind waiting a wee bit longer and front loading, :-)

I then had my phone interview on 30/03/11,I was never asked for anything else, my application was complete and from that date in processing,,

I was told it would take 5 - 6 Months, I thought maybe tops it would be 4 to be honest , judging from other people I know getting them granted in days... However , it does take this long, so be aware! They don't just say 5-6 months as a safety net, It really does take this long.

I was granted my visa today! 08/07/11 - 5 months after lodging..

So relieved! :)

Good luck to you all xx

Hello Peeps

So I lodged 16/02/11

I front loaded everything including medicals in the hope it would speed up the process, it doesn't.. Maybe used to, but not now.

I advise, instead of spending more time preparing the application (and spending even more time apart from one another in some cases) Just send in what is needed and let them request the rest, unless you dont mind waiting a wee bit longer and front loading, :-)

I then had my phone interview on 30/03/11,I was never asked for anything else, my application was complete and from that date in processing,,

I was told it would take 5 - 6 Months, I thought maybe tops it would be 4 to be honest , judging from other people I know getting them granted in days... However , it does take this long, so be aware! They don't just say 5-6 months as a safety net, It really does take this long.

I was granted my visa today! 08/07/11 - 5 months after lodging..

So relieved! :)

Good luck to you all xx

Congrats!!!

Who was your co? so we can all get an idea on how the co's are granting the visa's lol

Guest smish

Thank You :) So happy! Been a long long time apart

My CO was AB

If anyone needs advice about phone interbiew etc, just let me know

xx

Much Love

Hi guys,

I am close to sending my partner visa off, but have a few worries. I am English and my husband is Australian. We have a baby girl who has dual nationality so isnt included on the visa. We all live here in England- my husband has been here for nearly 4 years and has permanent residence.

So, anyone else in a similar situation?

I'm not front loading as I was told not to by Australia House. I have sent off for my police check though.

What evidence do people include? I read that people send photos? I haven't, should I? Not sure how I can prove my marriage and daughter any better than my marriage certificate and her birth certificate and passports!

Also, the medical, what do they do? Blood tests? Do they always need x-rays? I have a bit of an issue with x-rays and may also be pregnant so unable to have one anyway. Any ideas if this will be a major problem i.e. would they delay application to wait for baby to be born- as we want to leave before then! Or would I just be able to miss the x-ray out?

Is the fact my husband lives with us in the UK an issue? I'm a bit worried they will have a problem with him not 'setting up home' for us before we go (we were planning on flying over as a family).

Thanks!

K

Hi K. We don’t have any kids so I can’t help with that specifically but this is a list of the things we included in our application apart from the forms (OH is the Brit, I'm the Aussie):

· - personal statements from both of us describing our relationship (roughly one A4 typed page each)

· - certified copies of passports & birth certificates

· - copy of our tenancy agreement

· - photocopies of bank statements from our joint account

· - photocopies of bills such as council tax, utilities

· - last 12 months payslips from me as well as a letter from my employer confirming how long I’ve worked there and how much I earn (to help prove I can afford to sponsor my OH)

· - stat decs from both my parents

· - letters of support/ reference letters from his parents & a friend of ours

· - handful of photo print outs showing us holidaying together or at social occasions (eg work function, friend's wedding, family Christmas)

· - a few print outs of email correspondence to help show how long we've been together eg. me telling my parents about our house hunting & the places we'd looked at, email from my parents to OH the previous year wishing him happy birthday

· - copies of travel itineraries (flight & hotel bookings) showing evidence of us travelling together

· - random stuff such as tickets from a show we saw together, Christmas cards sent to us from family, menu & place name cards from a work Christmas function (was pleased with myself for thinking to keep them!)

Good luck with the application!

Hi all I thought I would sign up and say hi. I put my Visa application in on 1st March 2011 and am currently still waiting -

have emailed them last month to see if there was any update and just got a generic email saying it is still 5-6 months process time

So i am now in month 5 and hoping to move to Brisbane on Nov 25th - am going for the Partner de facto visa

Anyone got case officer LG? Really hoping our visa will be granted soon (lodged 11th March) but does it really depend on what CO you have?

:eek:

Hi Guys,

Our spouse visa was received and CO (LG) assigned 11th March...

Still waiting and hoping to fly to Brisbane 17th August!! Fingers and everything crossed!

:rolleyes:

Hi Nickster,

I was assigned LG on March 3rd. I rang on Wednesday morning and she told me my visa is approved and will be officially granted (in writing) next week. So yours shouldn't be far away!!

Hi Nickster,

I was assigned LG on March 3rd. I rang on Wednesday morning and she told me my visa is approved and will be officially granted (in writing) next week. So yours shouldn't be far away!!

Oh that's great, thanks so much for that bit of info!! Good luck with yours for next week...!

Hi Nickster,

Thanks for this info...best of luck with yours for next week!

Hi Nickster,

I was assigned LG on March 3rd. I rang on Wednesday morning and she told me my visa is approved and will be officially granted (in writing) next week. So yours shouldn't be far away.

Hi Laura,

Sorry not with it Today.... Thanks for the information and best of luck!

:confused:

Hiya, we have JF too, lodged end of April, emailed a couple of weeks ago but no reply, wondering if maybe he's on leave or just busy? My big worry is we've not had original documents returned and most other people seem to have, and also i have to give 2 months notice at work, so very keen to know as much in advance as possible! Good luck all!

Guest ellynandpaul
Hi yes i have PS, he seems ok and answers my emails quickly but still says its 5-6 month wait!

We have PS too and were also told 5-6 months. We applied in April and he has told us that he hopes to have it all finalised by mid September. He seems like he keeps to the books and is very thorough (which I guess is a good thing!) but we are impatient and can't wait to get back to Aus :)

Hi,

We have LG as well and I also called her on Wednesday morning, she said that they were processing February's at the moment but ours which went in on the 23rd of March may be officially approved by the end of this month but should definitely be by mid-August. It's been a long nail-biting journey and I totally empathise with other POMSINOZERS and good luck to all of you.

Forbes & Jane XX

We have PS too and were also told 5-6 months. We applied in April and he has told us that he hopes to have it all finalised by mid September. He seems like he keeps to the books and is very thorough (which I guess is a good thing!) but we are impatient and can't wait to get back to Aus :)

I know im so impatient aswell but dont want to be annoying and email him all the time! I applied early march so hopefully hear something soon :) Keen to get back to Oz and the OH! :twitcy:

Also very impatient, we handed ours in Early June, had the wedding booked for Nov, looks like ill have to postpone it again:sad: oh well, third time lucky i guess...... Least i commited to my wedding dress today:smile:

But i miss my home, n my family, n my cat, n my puppy n qld weather:cry:

Also very impatient, we handed ours in Early June, had the wedding booked for Nov, looks like ill have to postpone it again:sad: oh well, third time lucky i guess...... Least i commited to my wedding dress today:smile:

But i miss my home, n my family, n my cat, n my puppy n qld weather:cry:

We had our wedding booked for the end of this month, had to rebook for November! Didnt realise it would take this long, my own fault should of applyed earlier! lol

Hi,

We have LG as well and I also called her on Wednesday morning, she said that they were processing February's at the moment but ours which went in on the 23rd of March may be officially approved by the end of this month but should definitely be by mid-August. It's been a long nail-biting journey and I totally empathise with other POMSINOZERS and good luck to all of you.

Forbes & Jane XX

Wow, really? We were assigned CO 28 March and have been repeatedly told mid Sept. I know that's the official line, but nice to hear that co's aren't all quoting it.

enaish - looks like we are exactly one month behind you. Ours was submitted 26/04; we haven't heard from AB for a little while, but will wait a few weeks until it's been 3 months and then will drop him a line asking for an update.

We REALLY want it by September (as we are going to Oz for my sisters wedding) to save us having to do a seperate trip before May next year just to get in by the initial entry date. We aren't planning on making the move until Sept/Oct next year.

Frustrating wait!

enaish - looks like we are exactly one month behind you. Ours was submitted 26/04; we haven't heard from AB for a little while, but will wait a few weeks until it's been 3 months and then will drop him a line asking for an update.

We REALLY want it by September (as we are going to Oz for my sisters wedding) to save us having to do a seperate trip before May next year just to get in by the initial entry date. We aren't planning on making the move until Sept/Oct next year.

Frustrating wait!

Tell me about it. We're past the three month date but thought we'd wait until 4 months before contacting him again. Got a few issues with our house sale and then some tight deadlines so believe it or not, a visa is the least of our worries! Doesn't stop me checking every day though.