SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest BazzRose
Hi applied for the pmv in march and they just say its 5-6 months wait, hope its quicker! The being apart is driving me mad! lol :(

Tell me about it! From what I gather the applications from Feb/March are going through at the moment so hopefully you'll get some news soon.

That is unbelievable! Did you get in touch with your MO after? Good on you for following your gut feeling and ringing your CO. So happy for you - congratulations!

I'm so glad I called because it's been such a long road to get to four months so the thoughts of waiting for seven months was awful.

The confirmation email will come through the migration agent so I'll send back a reply saying oh thanks but my case officer told me that a few weeks ago just before I booked my flight!! I won't waste too much time on him but I do wonder if he purposely tries to antagonise people...hmm!!

Best of luck with yours. At least they seem to be processing in around four months. :cute:

Guest sinead

WE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUBCLASS 100 PR!! COULDNT BE HAPPIER!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

CANT BELIEVE IT.. MOVED OUTTA ME HOUSE TODAY AND DOWN TO ME MAMS.. HUBBY GOT AN EMAIL AND.... BAM!!!!!!!! VISA GRANTED!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!! AND A COUPLE DAY UNDER THE 4 MONTH MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Tillyloola
WE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUBCLASS 100 PR!! COULDNT BE HAPPIER!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

CANT BELIEVE IT.. MOVED OUTTA ME HOUSE TODAY AND DOWN TO ME MAMS.. HUBBY GOT AN EMAIL AND.... BAM!!!!!!!! VISA GRANTED!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!! AND A COUPLE DAY UNDER THE 4 MONTH MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Congratulations.

I'm the day after you, I feel a little sick.:wink:

Guest sinead

Thanks backtoadelaide and Tillyloola!! fingers crossed for tomorrow!!! give ya a reason to celebrate for the weekend!!!!

Congratulations! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Who was your CO?

The 3 weeks'll fly by. Hope mine comes through soon as my OH went to Melbourne 3 weeks ago so I'm on my own here with a screaming 2 year old :arghh:

Oh Amanda, it will be our turn soon! If your 2 year old screams as loud as mine, I really feel for you!!! :twitcy:

Congratulations Sinead you lucky devil!!!! I'd imagine you'll be popping the bubbly at your mum's tonight!!:laugh:

Guest bu22inb
Happy Christmas to us! Chesterbelle - you duffer! Its easy to get swept up by it all, isn't it?

What sort of Visa have you both applied for? We are de facto partner visa subclass 309. Now that the visa application has gone in we are on to our next big job - moving house! Collected the keys this evening. :biggrin::biggrin:

Bertieb! Delighted for ya! You're so funny getting on here to tell us all before you're OH even knows!:laugh:

Yeah we are subclass 309..... Good luck in the house moving !!!!!!!!!!

Awesome news and 100 too!!! really pleased for ya. :hug:

Doubt mine will come through that quick even though I'm only a day after you my CO (SV) I believe sticks to the rules and the time given (5 months :arghh:) .

Get the bubbly flowing lass!!! :biggrin:

Guest Chesterbelle
Happy Christmas to us! Chesterbelle - you duffer! Its easy to get swept up by it all, isn't it?

What sort of Visa have you both applied for? We are de facto partner visa subclass 309. Now that the visa application has gone in we are on to our next big job - moving house! Collected the keys this evening. :biggrin::biggrin:

I am also de facto subclass 309 - Not heard any more since I sent additional info - guess I won't do until they have the results of my medicals....

Congrats Sinead...................finally getting out of the sinking ship. Good luck with your move.

P.S. We went with Careline in the end, so far so good (€3500 for 20ft container) Shipment should be halfway there by now.

Guest keeanryanandbub

Hi guys,

I am close to sending my partner visa off, but have a few worries. I am English and my husband is Australian. We have a baby girl who has dual nationality so isnt included on the visa. We all live here in England- my husband has been here for nearly 4 years and has permanent residence.

So, anyone else in a similar situation?

I'm not front loading as I was told not to by Australia House. I have sent off for my police check though.

What evidence do people include? I read that people send photos? I haven't, should I? Not sure how I can prove my marriage and daughter any better than my marriage certificate and her birth certificate and passports!

Also, the medical, what do they do? Blood tests? Do they always need x-rays? I have a bit of an issue with x-rays and may also be pregnant so unable to have one anyway. Any ideas if this will be a major problem i.e. would they delay application to wait for baby to be born- as we want to leave before then! Or would I just be able to miss the x-ray out?

Is the fact my husband lives with us in the UK an issue? I'm a bit worried they will have a problem with him not 'setting up home' for us before we go (we were planning on flying over as a family).

Thanks!

K

Guest LoznWill
Hi applied for the pmv in march and they just say its 5-6 months wait, hope its quicker! The being apart is driving me mad! lol :(

Heya - Yeah the being apart is awful... hang in there, it will be sooo worth it and just try to skype and phone as much as you can!! And enjoy that you don't have to share your chocolate for now... lol lol:biggrin:

Guest LoznWill

Whooo hoooo!! Congratulations!! What great news to take into the weekend!! So happy for you both!!! :smile::smile::laugh::v_SPIN:

Guest Tillyloola
Hi guys,

I am close to sending my partner visa off, but have a few worries. I am English and my husband is Australian. We have a baby girl who has dual nationality so isnt included on the visa. We all live here in England- my husband has been here for nearly 4 years and has permanent residence.

So, anyone else in a similar situation?

I'm not front loading as I was told not to by Australia House. I have sent off for my police check though.

What evidence do people include? I read that people send photos? I haven't, should I? Not sure how I can prove my marriage and daughter any better than my marriage certificate and her birth certificate and passports!

Also, the medical, what do they do? Blood tests? Do they always need x-rays? I have a bit of an issue with x-rays and may also be pregnant so unable to have one anyway. Any ideas if this will be a major problem i.e. would they delay application to wait for baby to be born- as we want to leave before then! Or would I just be able to miss the x-ray out?

Is the fact my husband lives with us in the UK an issue? I'm a bit worried they will have a problem with him not 'setting up home' for us before we go (we were planning on flying over as a family).

Thanks!

K

First of all it is not going to matter one little bit that your husband is in the UK with you. The only thing that they may ask about this is to show funds that he will be able to support you when you get to Aus.

The medical may be a little more tricky. You do need to have an x ray done, they simply will not accept a medical with out it. If you are pregnant you have two choices. You can either wait until your child is born and this will delay the application or you can wear a a shield, obviously this will be your own choice. What other issues do you have with having one?

Surprisingly having a child together is actually not great evidence of a relationship (I don't understand that one either). What they usually look for is evidence of shared finances and joint living arrangements (i.e. joint mortgage statements or rental agreements, joint bills and bank accounts) also things that show that you are accepted socially as a couple, this could be joint invites, stat decs from friends and family and also joint travel.

Photos are a bit of an iffy one, some CO's don't hold much stock in them, yet others will request them if you leave them out. In my opinion, its most probably best to send a select few (like you and your partner with friends or special events) don't send no more than 20 and just place four per A4 size paper and print them that way.

Getting your application together is excruciating, but I can honestly say that people in general seem to stress about it more than is needed (trust me I've been there, I almost had a brake down trying to sort my stuff out) Just have a quick look around the forums and you will get a real idea about things that people have sent in theirs.

Good luck and if you get stuck, people on this thread are always more than willing to help out:smile:

Hi everybody!

I have had a very strange day so far!! My partner called our Migration Agent today and he said that the waiting time is now up to 7 months and to be prepared to wait! We have a case officer since March 3rd, so we are just over 4 months in!!

He said not to contact our case officer ourselves "under any circumstances." I was so upset when I heard 7 months! So I took the bull by the horns and called my case officer this morning!! So my visa has been APPROVED and will be granted next week!!

Timeline is:

Case officer assigned March 3rd

Requested an additional police clearance from UK on same day

Visa approved and due to be granted next week!!!

So happy! I would advise anybody applying not to use a migration agent unless their case is ver complicated! He has made this a horrendous experience for us!

Laura :biggrin:

I agree, this was my experience as well. The agent was more of a hinderance than a help. Obviously if it is complicated you do need one, but I just lacked confidence and it was a mistake.

Guest sinead

Morning everyone!! had a few drinkies last night to celebrate so thats why i wasnt on!! :biglaugh: Thanks for all the congrats!!! oh and for those that asked.. i had DP.. He was great every step of the way!!!!

@ K re partner visa.

My situation is very similar to yours, I'm Aussie been living in London 12 years and my wife is polish. We have been together 10 years have a 3 year old daughter and our second is due in 4 weeks. I used a migration agent so I just emailed her my questions and she always replied within 24hrs. I have submitted my application without the xray and Medicals and have included a note to say we will have them done after my wife gives birth. I personally wouldn't risk any X-rays if your pregnant especially if your in the first trimester.

I included banks statements, bills, leases, council tax bills, letters, travel itineraries etc as evidence of our relationship. But I didn't submit any photos thinking why with all the evidence we have. Our agent came back to me and said it was necessary so at her request we emailed her 10 photos some of us as a couple and some including our daughter.

As for finances Im self employed so I just had my accountant write a letter covering the last 2 years earnings.

I imagine it would be more of a problem if your husband wasn't living with you!

My only concern for me is the forms changed on the 1st July and our probably won't arrive at AHC London until Monday!

Best of Luck

Shane

Hi, just wondering if anyone else not had their original paperwork and documents returned. We submitted in April, money taken and CO allocated, but nothing else. Keep seeing other people had stuff returned and wondering if its a good/bad sign that we havent. Have Emailed CO a couple off weeks ago but no answer. May ease my mind to know others in same situation!!

Nell

Morning everyone!! had a few drinkies last night to celebrate so thats why i wasnt on!! :biglaugh: Thanks for all the congrats!!! oh and for those that asked.. i had DP.. He was great every step of the way!!!!

Hi Sinead,

Congrats again and hope you had a nice time celebrating!

Hopefully my OH's visa approval is just around the corner.

xo

Anyone got case officer LG? Really hoping our visa will be granted soon (lodged 11th March) but does it really depend on what CO you have?

:eek:

Hi Guys,

Our spouse visa was received and CO (LG) assigned 11th March...

Still waiting and hoping to fly to Brisbane 17th August!! Fingers and everything crossed!

:rolleyes:

Congrats Sinead,

Hop you have a wonderful life out there. Who was your CO?

Elizabeth