SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

As long as he (and your daughter) activates their visas (by making a trip to Australia) within 12 months of the date that it is issued, you then have another 4 years to make the move. Immigration don't ask if you have a job to go to.

...also don't plan on going over till hubby can secure a job should we put that on also.

I would think twice about that as they may then take ages to process your application! You may explain that your OH is currently seeking employment etc.

He's the applicant isn't he writing the letter? (only kidding - there is a trend of the men folk getting their partner to do the work!). I've not seen any examples of personal statements floating around - due to its nature i wouldn't share mine.

i wanted to do mine first cause i know i have the better memory for events dates etc Matt's would be one page stating we met got engaged bought a couple of houses had a daughter got married the end he is not the greatest at opening up about feelings and stuff, mine talks about when we met how it progressed and major events that have happened in our lives since i hope thats enough also talk why we want to emigrate i bet they read so many they must have a right laugh at some of them!!!!

Guest MadChicken
Visa Sub Class 100 Granted.

Applied March, front loaded with med's, visa granted 3 months to the day.

When you say 3 months it sounds such a short space of time but it has seemed like 3 years!

Expectant but relieved, movers and flights booked for August. Still chucking and donating bags of stuff, now comes the car!

GOOD LAD!!! congrats mate

Guest JustinM

Sent off our PMV yesterday and they got it in their hot little hands today...at least it's sitting in a post box somewhere.

I had to leave the UK cause I was made redundant from work, my fiancee quit her job so that she could be with me over here for a couple of months while we did our application...but she's had to return :( can't bare the thought of being apart for 4 months!! she is going to go nuts as she is unemployed and shacked up with the folks again. hope the application goes smoothly, all was fully loaded (80, meds, police checks) and nothing should raise eyebrows...had quality evidence for everything, same age, both under 30, no snotty little kids, both have sweet jobs (well she once did!), low risk country etc....although by the sounds of things it doesnt matter whether you application is good or bad, you still have to do the time :/

does anyone know if my fiancee will be able to fly over to visit me for a month or so while the visa is being processed?? i don't think we can do 4 months apart.

Guest MadChicken

Hey Justin,

yeh she can get a hol visa mate, she just needs to sort it with her case officer to make sure shes not in oz when they wanna grant the visa, she could just fly over to Nz while they grant it.

Think theres other info on this thread about getting a hol visa while waiting for spouse app.

Guest Castles315

Well, we finally sent off the visa application (subclass 309) yesterday! It should arrive at Australia House on Monday. It is completely front-loaded (including the police check and form 80) and the meds have already been sent.

It's certainly a relief to have got this far, but now begins the waiting.

We'll keep everyone posted as to our progress.

Guest DaveBecs

It will be 4 months for me at the end of July, I emailed my CO last week and got a response today stating that he was currently assessing my application, due to the amount of post, processing times are exceeding 3 months however, I should hear from him within 1 week to finalise your application, or if further info is required. I am hoping they dont want anything else!!!!

Fingers crossed it is good news, so we can get those tickets booked and our furniture on its way to Tasmania!!!

Guest Sneezy Badger

Hi everyone,

I got my visa! :jiggy: I recieved an e-mail from my CO on Friday saying that the visa had been granted, and I picked up my passport from the Embassy yesterday.

Hopefully this means things will get moving for the rest of you, but I'm not sure how busy the Embassy in Berlin is compared to the one in the UK...

Hi everyone,

I got my visa! :jiggy: I recieved an e-mail from my CO on Friday saying that the visa had been granted, and I picked up my passport from the Embassy yesterday.

Hopefully this means things will get moving for the rest of you, but I'm not sure how busy the Embassy in Berlin is compared to the one in the UK...

Congrats

Guest Sneezy Badger
well done and all the best for the future!

We are applying very shortly:eek:

Good luck!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for being so supportive and helpful during the wait :)

Hi all,

Have been reading many of the posts going back a couple of months to try and gauge how long my application might take. Figured it would be nice to share the fun and games with you all so...

Married to an Australian for the past 3 years with a 10 month old daughter together.

Lodged application for 309/100 Partner Visa 29/6/10.

Confirmation e-mail from CO (AB) 5/7/10 with request for further info

Received confirmation of receipt of additional evidence and Form 80 15/7/10

Medical completed 26/7/10

Daughter's application for citizenship be descent lodged.

Hopefully once my meds are sent on by the clinic (fingers crossed for clean bill of health) next week, and my daughter's citizenship is confirmed I'll have provided everything necessary.

Then it's the waiting game!

Hi all,

Have been reading many of the posts going back a couple of months to try and gauge how long my application might take. Figured it would be nice to share the fun and games with you all so...

Married to an Australian for the past 3 years with a 10 month old daughter together.

Lodged application for 309/100 Partner Visa 29/6/10.

Confirmation e-mail from CO (AB) 5/7/10 with request for further info

Received confirmation of receipt of additional evidence and Form 80 15/7/10

Medical completed 26/7/10

Daughter's application for citizenship be descent lodged.

Hopefully once my meds are sent on by the clinic (fingers crossed for clean bill of health) next week, and my daughter's citizenship is confirmed I'll have provided everything necessary.

Then it's the waiting game!

welcome to the club!