SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest darmanin

hi everyone, we have just had our in person interview in berlin and i was asked to leave my passport however CO did not tell us whether we got the defacto visa or not.

any ideas guys why they want passport if this can be done electronically and does this usually mean good news?

Guest hels

It does state on the checklist on the form to send a SAE

i think visa are all electronic now but you can send your passport in to get the page added if you wish

sounds like its progressing well for you :)

hi everyone, we have just had our in person interview in berlin and i was asked to leave my passport however CO did not tell us whether we got the defacto visa or not.

any ideas guys why they want passport if this can be done electronically and does this usually mean good news?

Sounds like they may want to put your visa in. Congratulations :biggrin:

The visa is linked electronically but it is often a good idea to get the sticker in your passport for ease. Many people will want to see it to prove eligibility such as healthcare & employers etc

Guest Sneezy Badger

I left my passport when I went to the embassy in Berlin as well, and when I called up the CO to check (she told be to call if I hadn't heard anything by the beginning of July) she told me that she wouldn't have taken it if there were any problems :)

So I guess we're in the same situation - we've "got" the visa, but just have to wait for it to be processed. I'm not celebrating until I see it in my passport though... But congratulations!

P.S: is your CO Frau Gerick?

Guest darmanin

hi thanks for the reply..no that is not our CO. just nervous waiting...we had the interview in person just a week ago.....has yours been issued or are you waiting too??

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa subclass 100 granted today!

I'm sooooooooo unbelievably happy, it took just over 3 months!

:biggrin:

Congrats thats great news, good luck with all your future plans :wubclub:

Guest christinenpete
do you only get stuff back if you included a self addressed envelope?

We didn't send a self addressed envelope with the application, but we received all evidence apart from last 3 years and copies of photographs back a week after submitting. CO said he didn't need them for Pete's file. Hope that helps :smile:

Guest darmanin

hi everyone, we have just had our in person interview in berlin and i was asked to leave my passport however CO did not tell us whether we got the visa or not. how long after you send passport do you hear something?

Guest SteEyns

We applied in early May - heard from the CO about additional documentation, but just wondering what peoples thoughts are on emailed to chase the CO up - reckon they mind? Or should I just wait...

It'll be 2 months next week since the app was received so I guess I'm being a bit impatient! :biggrin:

Guest adam25
We applied in early May - heard from the CO about additional documentation, but just wondering what peoples thoughts are on emailed to chase the CO up - reckon they mind? Or should I just wait...

It'll be 2 months next week since the app was received so I guess I'm being a bit impatient! :biggrin:

Hi we applied at the same time as you. and i emailed them yesterday. but they said 3/4 months would be the waiting time. and they process them in date order!

Evening all....

Just started filling in the forms for my wife's visa and have a few questions that I'd really appreciate some clarification on from those of you who have already been through the process.....

I have a 6 year old and a 9 year old who will be going on the application and wasn't sure whether they also needed to have the medical assessments?

The process of 'front loading' your application....does this simply mean getting your police checks and medical assessments done before you submit your application so they can be included in the initial submission?

I believe there is only one medical centre in Manchester where they can have their assessments done....is this correct?

The CRB don't provide police checks to individuals so I was going to use the ACPO service which provide a Police Certificate. Is this the right service?

Finally, we have been together for 20 years and married for 12 years and have two children together so hopefully this shouldn't be to difficult to prove that the we are genuinely together. Does this mean that the Sub Class 100 visa could be awarded sooner than the quoted 2 years?

Thanks very much to you all in advance.

Spencer :wink:

Evening all....

Just started filling in the forms for my wife's visa and have a few questions that I'd really appreciate some clarification on from those of you who have already been through the process.....

I have a 6 year old and a 9 year old who will be going on the application and wasn't sure whether they also needed to have the medical assessments?

The process of 'front loading' your application....does this simply mean getting your police checks and medical assessments done before you submit your application so they can be included in the initial submission?

I believe there is only one medical centre in Manchester where they can have their assessments done....is this correct?

The CRB don't provide police checks to individuals so I was going to use the ACPO service which provide a Police Certificate. Is this the right service?

Finally, we have been together for 20 years and married for 12 years and have two children together so hopefully this shouldn't be to difficult to prove that the we are genuinely together. Does this mean that the Sub Class 100 visa could be awarded sooner than the quoted 2 years?

spot on for everything ensure you provide evidence of documents at the same address over the last 12 months

plus can your kids not get a Australian passport?

spot on for everything ensure you provide evidence of documents at the same address over the last 12 months

plus can your kids not get a Australian passport?

HI how do you front load your meds? I have read the forms on it and it says you nee dto give an applicaton ref and as they won't give the meds to you do they hold on to them until the ref is available or do Australia House hold onto them ready for the application to arrive?

Guest Paul in UK
Evening all....

Getting the kids Australian passports only takes around 10 days (at least thats what it took me!). I put my application in and did the kids passports at the same time. 12 years and 2 kids you should get the Sub 100 right off.

Yeh my missus had an email from her COyesterday saying the end of this month, we were told in april that it would be the end of June/ early July, looks like it will be the 4 months.

We chased our CO up as well as been waiting 12 weeks now (CO assigned 13.4.10) and was told he has to process them in order and when were we hoping to travel. Looks like it will be nearer the 16 weeks for us as well. Lets hope the it's sooner than later.

Getting the kids Australian passports only takes around 10 days (at least thats what it took me!). I put my application in and did the kids passports at the same time. 12 years and 2 kids you should get the Sub 100 right off.

I would second that advice (assumes your children can be registered as Australian by descent). Once they are registered as Australian they are then not migrating so no need for medicals for them (you probably save money as well as the kids having dual nationality). You will need to get them passports of course but that is relatively easy.

Cheers and good luck!

I put my two kids on the application even though we could apply for their Ozzie passport as the expense of getting a passport was about the same as getting their medicals done. When their Uk passports run out we will then get them their Australian one.

Subclass 100 granted on the 1/7/2010!!!

I would give your CO a ring as mine never responded to e-mails asking how long!!! Mine didn't seem to mind me ringing!:jiggy:

Guest AnnieMCD

Thought I would post the stats for my finace's defacto visa:

Applied for Subclass 309: 9 March 2010

Application acknowledged and CO Assigned: 11 March 2010

All medicals, police checks and evidence included with application.

Heard nothing until today (8 July 2010) when agent enquired about progress....

Visa granted today (8 July 2010).

We were not asked for any additional information or phone call.

So literally a day short of a 4 month wait for a very straightforward application.

Guest FedUp

So literally a day short of a 4 month wait for a very straightforward application.

Congrats, AnnieMCD & Good luck in Australia.

Guest FedUp

Yesterday I was told by a gent in the AH (not my CO) that from what he can see the only thing still outstanding are the medicals which were referred to Australia due to minor x-ray findings.

Does it really mean that I will get my visa after they get back the all-clear about my medicals from Australia?

Congrats, thats great news, good luck with your future plans :wubclub: