SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I just phoned and got some jobs worth woman telling me that I had to find out from my CO what I needed first, does she not get that she is holding my life up :frown:

Don't you just love the way people can be so helpful!

If you download the medical forms you need this asks you questions about your occupation and intended activities in Oz and gives you an indication of what you need. I just filled them in and let the doctor at the medical do whatever was needed. I paid £120 for the medical at Knigtsbridge and £90 for the X-ray! I didn't have to pay any extra for blood tests even though I have tattoos and piercings!!

The medical itself was a bit of a joke really especially as I had to pay £60 each for my two children ( a 2 and half year old and a 4 month old) Not bad money for a 5 min job!!!! On the plus side he was nice and good with the kids so can't complain too much!!!

Hope you get it sorted soon!!

Hi Emmaroo

I applied at AH and was notified via email of being allocated a case officer after 1 week and then about a week or so after that I got my PMV (prospective marriage visa) approved.

I reckon you will be contacted via email in the next few days. I haven't read the other posts before the last few on this thread but I remember last year,around this time, the applications took a bit longer than usual because of the end of the Aussie financial year was coming up, but then straight afterwards, there was a quite a surge of applications being given decisions.

Let us know how you get on

Smiler:biggrin:

Guest triksta
My god, thats gone up! Or does it depend where you have it done? I went to the knightsbridge doctors at the beginning of april for my medical and it was £232 which was bad enough!

Hmmm... this is seeming to be quite unfair as we have enquired with the Manchester Panel Doctor and they have stated charges as -

Chest X-Ray £70

Med Exam £110

HIV Test £20

Courier Charge £10

So all up £210

There is no mention of Hep B, is this because it is my husband applying for the visa, not me???

Right it is a week tomorrow that AH received our application and have not had any correspondence from them so was going to call them.

Am I being too quick of the mark or would a phone call be acceptable? :confused:

Emma

One thing is for certain, it doens't matter what you do - Australia House will still move at their own pace. Starting to realise that after six months of banging my head on the wall, all I have to show for it is a sore head.

just got an email back I have submitted all the additional information and have been told she will not know how long it will take untill she looks at the docs and then my information may be sent elsewhere, anyone else have that?

I have a feeling this is due to me having an identity card from Pakistan (due inheritence purposes) and I am being treated as High Risk even though the last time I went there was 1999.

Right it is a week tomorrow that AH received our application and have not had any correspondence from them so was going to call them.

Am I being too quick of the mark or would a phone call be acceptable? :confused:

Emma

I never recieved any confirmation that they had my app, I just knew they had taken the money from my account lol.

First I knew they were doing anything with it was about 2 weeks later when I recieved our documents back in the post! Then an email a few days after that from the CO requesting more info.

One thing is for certain, it doens't matter what you do - Australia House will still move at their own pace. Starting to realise that after six months of banging my head on the wall, all I have to show for it is a sore head.

Hang in there Peach!

:hug:

I never recieved any confirmation that they had my app, I just knew they had taken the money from my account lol.

First I knew they were doing anything with it was about 2 weeks later when I recieved our documents back in the post! Then an email a few days after that from the CO requesting more info.

that's the thing though they have not even taken my money!

:eek:

that's the thing though they have not even taken my money!

:eek:

How did you pay? I used the form to pay by Visa, still took a few days from the day they got the application. If you paid by bankers draft it would take longer and dont count the weekend because as we know the world shuts over the weekend lol

Guest triksta

Oh Peach.... I know it is easy to say, but just gotta try and not think about it too much (though lying in bed at 3am, it is going through my mind!) :goofy:

Depends what the evidence is.. If it is a reprint of a bill, I'd say no. If it is something that is difficult to replace (like some old paper copy) is probably worth sending AH a certified copy (in case they lose it). Official docs, obviously need certified copying..

P.S. My formerly chatty CO got back from holiday today. And in reply my to message wishing her some sunshine, she sent me this:

For the 2009-10 program year the Government has allocated 60,300 places in

the Family Stream (including 45,000 places for Partner visas, reflecting

their high priority). The planning levels for each visa category within

the Family Stream reflect the priorities allocated to these categories.

The Department has a responsibility to ensure that the numbers of visas

granted overall and within each visa category are in accordance with the

agreed planning levels. As a visa category approaches it's planning level,

this means that some cases may not be finalised as quickly as our clients

or the Department would want. We have a responsibility to ensure that visa

grants within the Family Stream reflect the priorities set by the

Government and we will manage this in the most fair and reasonable way

possible.

I appreciate that you would like to have your application finalised. I

thank you for your patience and wish to assure you that every effort is

being made to finalise your application as soon as it is possible to do so.

Also got told off last week by my agent for contacting the CO direct.. Was told I was acting as though I didn't have an agent and confusing the CO...

Bah Humbug..

l also got told off last week by my agent for contacting the CO direct.. Was told I was acting as though I didn't have an agent and confusing the CO...

Bah Humbug..

Naughty naughty Peach. I think I will be the same in a few weeks as I will contact the CO direct to see what is going on as will be over the 12 week mark by then and in July and my agent seems reluctant to chase up. You could always cc your agent in on the email hopefully then your CO won't be confused:wink: My OH keeps asking why we paid the agent as the last couple of things I have dealt with my CO direct!!! But as I pointed out to my OH the agent has given us peace of mind and reassurance esp about my daughters medicals.

I think come July 1st and a fresh visa quota the AH floodgates will open and suddenly the visa processing times will improve (until they slow down again at the end of the year)..

My frustration at my agent for being unwilling to chase as often or as hard as I would have liked, has been replaced with the realisation that it wouldn't have done any good anyway - so should have saved myself the heartache.

Guest garysgirl63
Hey,

Got email from Case officer! He is looking for evidence of our relationship for certain dates. I will get this no problem but will I have to get it certified?

Thanks

Emma

Congrat's!! :biggrin:

My frustration at my agent for being unwilling to chase as often or as hard as I would have liked, has been replaced with the realisation that it wouldn't have done any good anyway - so should have saved myself the heartache.

This is true I guess, but at least you were being pro-active esp with people around you being granted their visa some not waiting anywhere near as long as you. Plus it has given you an insight that has enabled you to help others:wubclub:

Won't be long now :hug:

Guest Paul in UK
I think come July 1st and a fresh visa quota the AH floodgates will open and suddenly the visa processing times will improve (until they slow down again at the end of the year)..

I asked my agent to ask my CO about times etc, reluctantly he did and was told decision time on the 19th July. Don't know if its the new quota or that it will be 3 months to the day. Still, at least it gives me something to focus on.

Guest garysgirl63

Hi....just wanted to ask an awful question that keeps me awake some nights....has anyone on here ever not been granted the visa...and what can you do then?