SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

:mask: Polite mod notice

Can people please refrain from using CO names, either first last or both in their posts, their signatures and on the partner visa list.

CO Iinitials only please people. Be it one initial or two. No actual names.

Thank you.

Hey all

Well we submitted our partner app on 25/3/2015 so were expecting 25/1/16 earliest.

Came over on 7/11/15 on tourist visas (hubby and sdaughter) and spent a few days in beautiful Brisbane then drove up to our rental (that we secured from the UK before we came) on 11/11/15.....

Last night went on-line as sorting out medicare etc etc and had email from CO saying ready to grant visa!!!!!!!!!!

That is wayyyyyyyyy earlier than expected which means the sooner we leave (just got here lol) and come back on proper visas hubby can work.......that will be 8 months plus weeks we are away??!!!

We are totally in shock and have been spending days sorting medicare/school forms/car/etc etc, ( to fill time in) and quality time with the stroppy teens who haven't got the electronic attachments glued to their palms and we have had fun in the surf!!!! They are actually enjoying being outside and not freezing their arses off lol.........

This is why I have come home - my country rocks :-)

:mask: Polite mod notice

Can people please refrain from using CO names, either first last or both in their posts, their signatures and on the partner visa list.

CO Iinitials only please people. Be it one initial or two. No actual names.

Thank you.

so sorry I think that was me, did not think xx

Hey all

Well we submitted our partner app on 25/3/2015 so were expecting 25/1/16 earliest.

Came over on 7/11/15 on tourist visas (hubby and sdaughter) and spent a few days in beautiful Brisbane then drove up to our rental (that we secured from the UK before we came) on 11/11/15.....

Last night went on-line as sorting out medicare etc etc and had email from CO saying ready to grant visa!!!!!!!!!!

That is wayyyyyyyyy earlier than expected which means the sooner we leave (just got here lol) and come back on proper visas hubby can work.......that will be 8 months plus weeks we are away??!!!

We are totally in shock and have been spending days sorting medicare/school forms/car/etc etc, ( to fill time in) and quality time with the stroppy teens who haven't got the electronic attachments glued to their palms and we have had fun in the surf!!!! They are actually enjoying being outside and not freezing their arses off lol.........

We submitted a week after you.............can't be far away, I'm looking at emails every hour!! :-)

Congratulations, my OH is going home to! :-)

Partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, CO (VF) allocated 06/05/2015. Police ACRO Check completed 24/09/2015, Medical Check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a C100 removal from jurisdiction for my Stepson, looking to locate to Melbourne Berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.

Hey all

its spooky I was just looking at list last night and thought your grant may not be far away.. Congratulations hope it keeps going speedy for everyonex

The waiting is so hard, we are just waiting for police checks to come back then we can finish. We are crossing everything that we are granted soon so we can bring our move forward xx loving this page and we are coming up on the list of grants......... Please let it be our turn soon

We submitted a week after you.............can't be far away, I'm looking at emails every hour!! :-)

Congratulations, my OH is going home to! :-)

Partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, CO (VF) allocated 06/05/2015. Police ACRO Check completed 24/09/2015, Medical Check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a C100 removal from jurisdiction for my Stepson, looking to locate to Melbourne Berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.

Fingers crossed for you......... it's really surreal - months and months of waiting and wondering if it will actually happen and here we are in our rental sitting in camping chairs lent from a friend looking to leave the country asap for the visas when we only just got here!!!! xx

Hello, I was just wondering how you were all notified who your case officer was. We applied on 01 October 2015 via the immi account and haven't heard anything as yet. Thanks!

For for us we had an email requesting one more document and advising us when to apply for medicals. We put visa in on the 28th April and co emailed on June 10th

Hello, I was just wondering how you were all notified who your case officer was. We applied on 01 October 2015 via the immi account and haven't heard anything as yet. Thanks!

Think you might be in for a long wait. We applied 12 August and still nothing. Someone on here said it took them 4 months until they heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it's been a longer wait since the fees went up july 1 [emoji22]

But it's been a longer wait since the fees went up july 1 [emoji22]

Thanks Nollie and Tracy! Yes, it looks that way Tracy! I'm glad that we paid double the price to have a longer processing time. ..... haha!:wacko:

I also posted this question on another site and was told that sometimes the CO doesn't contact you unless they need some extra information ... perhaps we were too thorough ... :laugh:

Thanks Nollie and Tracy! Yes, it looks that way Tracy! I'm glad that we paid double the price to have a longer processing time. ..... haha!:wacko:

I also posted this question on another site and was told that sometimes the CO doesn't contact you unless they need some extra information ... perhaps we were too thorough ... :laugh:

keeping all crossed for you xxxx :wink:

Edited by snifter
fixed quote tags

I also posted this question on another site and was told that sometimes the CO doesn't contact you unless they need some extra information ... perhaps we were too thorough ... :laugh:[/quote

keeping all crossed for you xxxx :wink:

Thanks!

Hi,

Has anybody got any insights into whether or not your visa only starts being processed once a CO has been assigned? Can your visa status change without your CO contacting you i.e. if you have a complete submission and no need for further documents to be requested. I understand it is not necessarily a bad thing if your CO has not been in touch & each application is processed on an individual basis but insights from people further down this queue would be appreciated - I presume we are just looking for status change on immi?... and at the end you just get an email out of the blue?

Has anybody been allocated a CO who submitted after July 2015? - Thanks in advance

They generally contact you a few months in to ask you to undertake your medical and police check around a certain date (usually a few months later). That's usually how you find out who your CO is.

Hi,

Has anybody got any insights into whether or not your visa only starts being processed once a CO has been assigned? Can your visa status change without your CO contacting you i.e. if you have a complete submission and no need for further documents to be requested. I understand it is not necessarily a bad thing if your CO has not been in touch & each application is processed on an individual basis but insights from people further down this queue would be appreciated - I presume we are just looking for status change on immi?... and at the end you just get an email out of the blue?

Has anybody been allocated a CO who submitted after July 2015? - Thanks in advance

Your visa is lodged, therefore its in the queue. Processing times are long but much of that is the application just sat around not doing very much. CO are usually assigned and get in touch a few months after lodging though this may vary currently if there is a backlog. I'd not worry, there is plenty of time for them to look at your file and deal with it before it just goes into the waiting for grant pile for a good few months.

There is always a rush of applications before a price increase and I guess this time is no different. I'd just sit tight, you know its been lodged and therefore the countdown clock is ticking :) Just wait to do the medical and police check when asked.

Edited by Guest
typo

Its not a bad thing if the CO doesn't get in touch. They only contact you if they need to. Requests for extra info are generally not what you want to be asked for ;) For the most part its easy to get and provide but ideally you want to include it all in your application.

I was asked to provide extra info although we had figured it would be requested so had it good to go. However, it clearly wasn't on the check list or asked for in the application so we held off and waited to be asked (as it might not have been). My CO requested for my son's full UK birth cert as he wasn't on the application as he has an Aus pp and citizenship. It was needed to show my husband was given as his father on there and therefore I didn't need a court order or husbands permission to remove him from the UK as hubby was of course the sponsor of my visa :cute:

Guest thebetty82

Hi all I'm hoping you guys can give me a little help.

I submitted my Partner Visa 309/100 on 26th August, currently no CO has been assigned. My husband and 2 kids all have aussie passports, we have been together over 10 years.

We originally planned to make the move when the visa was granted, however my husband has now secured a job and ideally want him out there by March. I will not be working for at least the first 12 months while we settle in.

Are we correct in thinking I can travel initially on a tourist visa, then when my partner visa is granted fly out and back in to activate the visa?

Are there any issues in doing this that I should be aware of?

I submitted my Partner Visa 309/100 on 26th August, currently no CO has been assigned. My husband and 2 kids all have aussie passports, we have been together over 10 years.

We originally planned to make the move when the visa was granted, however my husband has now secured a job and ideally want him out there by March. I will not be working for at least the first 12 months while we settle in.

Are we correct in thinking I can travel initially on a tourist visa, then when my partner visa is granted fly out and back in to activate the visa?

Hiya, yep I think that's the way to do it! That's what we were going to do if my OH hadn't got his visa granted in time... A trip to NZ or Bali is the usual trip. It's got to be for three working days though. Good luck with it all!

Updated again with new information since last post.....

(also deleted application details pre 2015 - to see previous ones it was posted 18/11/15 page 1278 - http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats-1278.html).

If there are any mistakes, please let me know. Also any more info to go in, please let me know - there are quite a few gaps. Thanks :cool:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 650]

[TR]

[TD]NAME[/TD]

[TD]VISA TYPE[/TD]

[TD]CO[/TD]

[TD]APPLIED[/TD]

[TD]GRANTED[/TD]

[TD]TIME[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hardsuction[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]10/01/15[/TD]

[TD]23/10/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]9m 1w 6d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ballbox[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]KC[/TD]

[TD]15/01/15[/TD]

[TD]22/10/15[/TD]

[TD]9m 0w 7d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SiobhanandLee[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]22/01/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ozmichelle[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]KP[/TD]

[TD]29/01/15[/TD]

[TD]29/10/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]8m 3w 6d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lazers pew pew[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]KP[/TD]

[TD]1/02/15[/TD]

[TD]30/10/15[/TD]

[TD]8m 4w 1d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]lewnee[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]09/02/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Nee[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]11/02/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Luc81[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]RN[/TD]

[TD]17/02/15[/TD]

[TD]17/11/15[/TD]

[TD]9m[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Yorkshire123[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]18/02/15[/TD]

[TD]30/10/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]8m 1w 5d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LJD[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]23/02/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]michaelwowser[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]28/02/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DafK[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]02/03/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Kate Byrne[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LG[/TD]

[TD]09/03/15[/TD]

[TD]10/11/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]8m 0w 1d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gazbad[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]16/03/15[/TD]

[TD]??/11/15[/TD]

[TD]8m[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Melibios[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LC[/TD]

[TD]17/03/15[/TD]

[TD]11/11/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]7m 3w 4d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CameronsDad[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]23/03/15[/TD]

[TD]18/11/15[/TD]

[TD]7m 3w 4d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Annaleis[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LG[/TD]

[TD]25/03/15[/TD]

[TD]18/11/05[/TD]

[TD]7m 3w 6d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Major Tom[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]02/04/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Unclejames[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]KP[/TD]

[TD]15/04/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SiobhanyG85[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]21/04/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]nollie[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]28/04/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Melbourne maz[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LG[/TD]

[TD]06/05/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]sashabelle74[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]07/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GooseRenders[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]OH[/TD]

[TD]11/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Fairview70[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]WP[/TD]

[TD]12/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jen44[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]JM[/TD]

[TD]19/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Keep me in oz[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]KP[/TD]

[TD]19/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marlou[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]21/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Maverick[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]21/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bound4Tassie[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]WP[/TD]

[TD]23/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Aussiegirl[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Geoff1710[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LJD90[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Panda[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rockinrobin[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Pingpongpom2[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]RN[/TD]

[TD]29/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]pompom15[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]30/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wkdstyle[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]30/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]rayrachel[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]L[/TD]

[TD]07/07/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mwilliamson1[/TD]

[TD]PMV[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]08/08/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]tracy8099[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]12/08/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AusCitizen[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]20/08/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]thebetty82[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]26/08/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Samon[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]01/10/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]oh dear[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]15/10/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]markp[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]??[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SJ3[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]06/11/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Paul Woodall[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]??[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by tracy8099

I have been in Australia since July on a tourist visa. Had to fly out to Fiji after 3 months to satisfy tourist visa requirements. No problems flying back in except for a couple of questions at the airport. Just be honest. I fly out tomorrow for my actual visa to be granted. So yes it can be done and it isn't a real problem or even that unusual. Read the forum for a while and you'll see just how many people do it. Lol.

Good luck with it all.