SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

That's fantastic Wozziegirl! Congratulations! Where are you moving to? Do you mind me asking who your case officer is?

Our CO is VF and we're going home to the beautiful Central Coast! :-)

Your CO is due back today aren't they? Might be worth giving them a nudge. It worked for us!

Looks like the wife (Wozziegirl) beat me to it and has already mentioned I've been granted the visa!

About half an hour after I posted here this morning my impatience got the better of me, and I emailed the case officer to point out we were nearly into our tenth month. The email got read within 5 minutes of it being sent (I'd put a 'read-receipt' tag on it).

Less than half an hour later, the grant email came through.

(It's just like it's been sitting there gathering dust, waiting for someone to poke them into action.)

Hopefully that means the others about to hit their 9 months will get some good news this week too - I really hope so, as I can't believe what it feels like, the weight that's been lifted from me.

Fingers crossed for you.

Congratulations to you both!! Was obviously worth the nudge!

I'm tempted to send an email myself as will be 9 months next Thursday. I also sent full application without any need to send off further info and had medical/police checks as soon as advised. Knew it would be hard but this waiting business is even tougher than expected...so glad to see there is light at end of the tunnel!

Congratulations to you both!! Was obviously worth the nudge!

I'm tempted to send an email myself as will be 9 months next Thursday. I also sent full application without any need to send off further info and had medical/police checks as soon as advised. Knew it would be hard but this waiting business is even tougher than expected...so glad to see there is light at end of the tunnel!

We have the same case officer (KP) so will definitely be keeping an eye on when yours is granted!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*bigfathappydance*

He got it! Hubby has had his visa granted and we're going home! :-)

I was on Skype to my Mum and Dad in Oz when hubby walked in with the email. I am so happy I could burst! Actually, I am - well, my eyes are! They keep leaking because I am so very, very happy.

Thanks everyone for your support and I hope this starts a new wave of grants coming through. @TheEscapePlan, you must be next... :-)

Happy day! Happy, happy day!

Ahhhhhhh I am soooo happy for you both :laugh: about bloody time too! And now you can both breathe a huge sigh and let all that worry and stress go (for now anyways, the stress of actually moving will soon hit, but for now enjoy the good news and feelings of elation).

I bet your parents were so happy to hear the news and to get it "live" when you got it as well would have been amazing.

Bring on the flight booking huh :cute:

Hiya, congratulations Wozziegirl and Thetipper, thats great news for you :). Im new to commenting in this forum but have found the posts very useful through the application process so thought I would share my dates so far. I applied for my partner visa online on 27/05/14. Health checks were done on 14/06/14. C/O (KP) assigned on 23/06/14 and police checks were sent on 29/06/14. So I'm just over the 3 month mark so from reading your posts I still have quite a wait on my hands but its great to hear some are being granted!

Hiya, congratulations Wozziegirl and Thetipper, thats great news for you :). Im new to commenting in this forum but have found the posts very useful through the application process so thought I would share my dates so far. I applied for my partner visa online on 27/05/14. Health checks were done on 14/06/14. C/O (KP) assigned on 23/06/14 and police checks were sent on 29/06/14. So I'm just over the 3 month mark so from reading your posts I still have quite a wait on my hands but its great to hear some are being granted!

Hi Sophielouise,

I submitted my application at the same time as you, by the looks of things.

I was wondering did you front load your application with the health checks and police checks? I was informed that I could get my medicals and police checks after a certain time and no sooner? did this happen to you?

At this rate we're hopefully looking at a February grant date, if all goes to plan.

Hi Bigboy01,

I didn't frontload mine but a couple of weeks after applying the bit online for the medical requirements changed to saying I would need some, so thats when I organised them. I hadn't heard from a case officer at that point. I then heard from C/O on 23/06/14 saying she had seen I'd done the medical checks (don't know if I was really meant to have done them before this) and I now needed to do the police checks no sooner than 27/06/14. Have you done yours yet?

Yep looks like Feb if it stays the same timeframe as these others. It seems so far away! At this point Im still being optimistic/in denial and hoping they speed up, but I know thats very unlikely!

Hi Sophielouise,

I submitted my application at the same time as you, by the looks of things.

I was wondering did you front load your application with the health checks and police checks? I was informed that I could get my medicals and police checks after a certain time and no sooner? did this happen to you?

At this rate we're hopefully looking at a February grant date, if all goes to plan.

Co will give you a date when to take medical and provide police check. Don't do them sooner. This is because the visa countdown clock starts ticking from whichever you have done first. And gives you less time to make first entry to validate. For the 8-9 month time frame people are being asked to take them around 3 months in. Thus giving 6 months or so within which to enter Aus after visa grant. Get them done too soon and you could be leaving yourself on a couple of months in which to enter Aus.

Front loading from the UK generally isn't an option anyways as you need a HAP ID to be able to book a medical and this comes from your CO or after you lodge.

Front loading has not been the norm for a fair while now and even if done does not help speed up the application.

Congratulations Wozziegirl and TheTipper! What a relief! Hope all goes well for the two of you.

just a quick question to those who have applied for subclass 300. When submitting your application you are required to prove that you have organised the wedding ceremony and provide proof.Which I've done, however the ceremony was supposed to happen on 23 of august. I naively thought we might get the grant, within the 6 months. Unfortunately, was not the case. So my question is should i call my CO and ask whether or not i need to book another date and provide proof. The wait is starting to have a negative effect on my mental state :(

After Wozziegirl and TheTipper's good news yesterday I decided to send my CO an email this morning. Just received automatic out of office reply saying they won't be back until 5th. So my visa won't be coming through until the week I hit 9 months...well hopefully!

Jen14 I don't know much about subclass 300 but I'd say it wouldn't hurt to contact CO to put your mind at rest and show that you're proactive. Don't let the wait get you down, it will be worth it in the end :)

Congratulations Wozziegirl and TheTipper! What a relief! Hope all goes well for the two of you.

just a quick question to those who have applied for subclass 300. When submitting your application you are required to prove that you have organised the wedding ceremony and provide proof.Which I've done, however the ceremony was supposed to happen on 23 of august. I naively thought we might get the grant, within the 6 months. Unfortunately, was not the case. So my question is should i call my CO and ask whether or not i need to book another date and provide proof. The wait is starting to have a negative effect on my mental state :(

i originally thought it would take 6 months too so booked my wedding for October this year. I had to change the date and provide my case officer with an updated letter from my celebant she didn't want a new NOIM done just the letter