SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Yes, everyone provides two statutory declarations and/or Forms 888. That is a poorly-worded email from the CO. You really, truly need to provide two. The CO is just telling you you don't need to provide more than the required two.

Crikey thank goodness for this forum! I will email my CO I guess and let them know I'll send another one. I presume they do let us know if we need more docs at some point, right? :/

Hi there,

I'm new to this but so glad I found this forum! Here's my story... I sent off my application on Friday (15th Aug), was assigned a CO on the Monday. Have been informed to hold off on sending police checks and health checks until February. A little disappointed... I have recently returned to the UK from Melbourne for my sisters wedding and due to a damaged passport, and my previous student visa expiring, and a sequence of other events, had to apply from here. Now I am wondering if it is ok to return to Aus on a tourist visa to at least be with my husband(and dogs) while this visa is processing. I understand that I have to be out of the country when the visa is granted, but is it possible to stay on a tourist visa between now and then? It seems that you can come and go on a tourist visa every 3 months for up to 12 months, is this right? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi everyone we are new to this forum and im abit nervous about how this all works

My husband and I have applied for our partner visa through London (we are in Ireland)on the 4th of April

Assigned our CO on the 20th May (LG) sent our additonal info

Done medicals/police checks (IRL/AUS) on 8th July

So far we havent heard anything and are hoping for the no news is good news result

Although does anyone have any ideas how long after they receive our med/police checks do we get a reply if there was a problem?

Only reason we ask is there were a couple of 6 month suspended convictions one was over 8 years ago and one recently for driving offences?

has anyone had any experience to put our minds at ease?

this forum seems wonderful, keeping us sane untill we can finally return home

thanks

Hiya, Newbie here. Our application was received on the 24th March. Our CO is VF and we received the email below today. I'm taking it as a good sign that they haven't asked for anything further and we will just get in line now I suppose. Our 9 months is on christmas eve so hopefully santa bring us something nice :)

I now have all the documents I require from you at this stage of processing.

Processing times are currently approximately 9 months from date of application lodgement.

Please note that this timeframe is unlikely to change and as such I would appreciate it if you did not contact me to enquire on processing any time before expiry of this timeframe. I will contact you should processing times decrease.

You may travel to Australia on an appropriate, alternative visa while processing of this visa continues.

If you are inside Australia when I’m ready to grant the visa I will email you requesting that you leave Australia for a minimum of 3 working days to allow the visa grant to be reflected in our systems. I will email you the grant letter. You may then re-enter Australia.

Hiya, Newbie here. Our application was received on the 24th March. Our CO is VF and we received the email below today. I'm taking it as a good sign that they haven't asked for anything further and we will just get in line now I suppose. Our 9 months is on christmas eve so hopefully santa bring us something nice :)

I now have all the documents I require from you at this stage of processing.

Processing times are currently approximately 9 months from date of application lodgement.

Please note that this timeframe is unlikely to change and as such I would appreciate it if you did not contact me to enquire on processing any time before expiry of this timeframe. I will contact you should processing times decrease.

You may travel to Australia on an appropriate, alternative visa while processing of this visa continues.

If you are inside Australia when I’m ready to grant the visa I will email you requesting that you leave Australia for a minimum of 3 working days to allow the visa grant to be reflected in our systems. I will email you the grant letter. You may then re-enter Australia.

Sounds good to me. It looks like they are starting to send out a standard email to ask not to be contacted and to clarify people can enter Aus on a tourist visa while waiting for grant. I think thats a good idea on their part.

I know its not an easy wait but honestly, it does soon tick past and in the grand scheme of things its not that long a time to wait for it to be granted. Here is hoping it arrives as an early Crimbo present for you :)

Hi DownUnderGirl,

Any idea what triggered the email? Have you just submitted medical and police checks?

yes, we have only just submitted the medical and police checks as he had to get a police check from Italy and it took ages. We are a bit worried that the delay submitting them might mean we are further down the pile than those that submitted them as soon as they are allowed to in June but hopefully as everything is in place before it is processed it won't slow things down.

Does anybody know now long the London office shuts for Christmas. Am I likely to get a grant the end of December or will it be january

Iirc they shut between Christmas and year and reopen after that. So the first working weekday after.

Hi everyone we are new to this forum and im abit nervous about how this all works

My husband and I have applied for our partner visa through London (we are in Ireland)on the 4th of April

Assigned our CO on the 20th May (LG) sent our additonal info

Done medicals/police checks (IRL/AUS) on 8th July

So far we havent heard anything and are hoping for the no news is good news result

Although does anyone have any ideas how long after they receive our med/police checks do we get a reply if there was a problem?

Only reason we ask is there were a couple of 6 month suspended convictions one was over 8 years ago and one recently for driving offences?

has anyone had any experience to put our minds at ease?

this forum seems wonderful, keeping us sane untill we can finally return home

thanks

Medicals were running at around 3 months to clear if referred but think it's gotten less now. Police check, not sure but they usually contact pretty quick for other things so here is hoping it's the same. Did you declare on the application? Or did it just come back on the police check?

My understanding is it's convictions of a year or more are more of a concern but don't take that as a definite.

We have lodged our subclass 309 in USA on April 3rd and are yet to be assigned a CO. Is it normal to wait this long?

Emkas - the way the Washington DC embassy functions and the way London functions (since this is a UK board, most people posting here are applying through the London embassy) are very different. It's not uncommon to wait that long for a CO through DC these days. If you're interested in a similar board with a lot more Americans on it, you can PM me and I'll share it. Don't want to "advertise" it here publicly on a competing message board as I think that might not be appreciated. :)