SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi guys,

I realise I have hardly been actively involved with this thread as of late but I just wanted to go on record as saying thank you to everyone who is involved with it because it has been a massive help and aid to me during my time waiting for the visa and imagining every case scenario under the sun where I don't get it - So it's been great to see the positivity that is often found here.

But as the gods would have it, it has finally been granted and I am on my way come the end of the month. My application was recevied 3rd December and was granted 11th August so around the 8 months and a bit mark.

Again thank you to everyone taking their time to answer questions and help where possible and the best of luck to everyone who is currently going through the process.

Jason.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi guys,

I realise I have hardly been actively involved with this thread as of late but I just wanted to go on record as saying thank you to everyone who is involved with it because it has been a massive help and aid to me during my time waiting for the visa and imagining every case scenario under the sun where I don't get it - So it's been great to see the positivity that is often found here.

But as the gods would have it, it has finally been granted and I am on my way come the end of the month. My application was recevied 3rd December and was granted 11th August so around the 8 months and a bit mark.

Again thank you to everyone taking their time to answer questions and help where possible and the best of luck to everyone who is currently going through the process.

Jason.

That is wonderful news Jason, congratulations xx

Hi guys,

Jason.

Congratulations and good luck with the move :)

Hi guys,

Jason.

Oooooh! We lodged our application the day after you so our grant can't be too far away now! Even typing that makes me smile :-) Congratulations Jason and thanks for the post.

Hi all - im new to poms in oz and loving all the advice and support found here... its so good to not feel alon.

Sorry if this has been asked before or is in the wrong thread but I was wondring that seeing as the processing time is currently so long, what are the restrictions on/ how easy is it to leave the country where you lodged the application to visit family etc whilst the decision is pending

Thanks in advance

Bel

Hi all - im new to poms in oz and loving all the advice and support found here... its so good to not feel alon.

Sorry if this has been asked before or is in the wrong thread but I was wondring that seeing as the processing time is currently so long, what are the restrictions on/ how easy is it to leave the country where you lodged the application to visit family etc whilst the decision is pending

Thanks in advance

Bel

My understanding (correct me ppl if I am wrong) is that there is generally no problem taking short trips for holiday to places like France or Ireland (i.e. where you don't need a visa). If it is a country your CO may be interested in (i.e. somewhere where there may be a terrorist training camp or has an ourbreak of ebola) or if you are going for a long time, check your travel arrangements with your CO first as you don't want it to be later used against your visa app. If you are going to Australia, inform your CO as you do not want any tourist/other visas to override your Partner visa (technially, the last Aussie visa you are issues with is the one that counts, so if they issue your partner visa and you then apply for a tourist visa, the tourist visa overrides!).

Thats my understanding of it - its common sense really.

Hi guys,

Jason.

Fab news! Congrats. Ours was received 5 December so hopefully the grant will come through any day now! All the best for your new life down under.

Hello again

Thank you all for your replies.

Congratulations to those who have just received your visas. Can I ask has anyone that used the online immiaccount application received approval yet if so when did you apply online?

The online system is recent. I'd expect the grants from online applications not to kick in for a good 6 months or so.

The online system is recent. I'd expect the grants from online applications not to kick in for a good 6 months or so.

I know it feels like it is brand new, but it actually opened to applicants in Mid-December 2013, which means we're right at 8 months now for the first online applicants!

Hi and welcome :) We had to get an australian police check too but it was done so quickly and they posted it to us in Ireland too :) It only took two weeks for it to come through and cost about AUD$40 I think. You got your CO quick! We applied in March and it took 6 weeks! It was easy for us to get a medical booked in Dublin so I'd assume it'd be similar in London. There's a whole department for visa medicals and we had to wait two weeks for a free appointment. They had everyone at the same time though so it was first come first served. Our whole process including waiting as we got moved around was about two hours. If they did it all together it'd be quicker but we had someone in front of us, and each examination was done in different rooms and then we had to wait half an hour for an xray too. Just make sure you book at the panel approved ones on the list on the website :) What are your CO's initials, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks @LaurenCatriona, that's really helpful. My boyfriend lives in Melbourne so wasn't sure if they would need to post it back to him! I am booking my medical at the end of the month in London, I wish they offered free appointments! Haha. My case officers initials at WP. I'm hoping that if we were assigned a case officer that quick then maybe things might move a bit quicker, probably not though!!

Thanks for the info on the Police certificates. I cant get them until after the 16th of sept but it's really good to know that its pretty straightforward xx

Hi everyone,

a while ago I was looking on the forum and came across a spreadsheet with details about applications and their assigned case officers. I was wondering if anyone had that or if it was still being used?

Also has anyone had a case office with the initials JM?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

a while ago I was looking on the forum and came across a spreadsheet with details about applications and their assigned case officers. I was wondering if anyone had that or if it was still being used?

Also has anyone had a case office with the initials JM?

Thanks

Last time I looked the spreadsheet wasn't really up to date.

Hi Everyone,

I have posted my question on a separate thread, but I've been advised to try adding it to this thread to get some advice.

This is my first post, but I've been reading other posts on this forum for a while and have found loads of helpful information so far, so thank you for that.

I was wondering if anyone can help with something that is really worrying me about applying for a Partner Visa 309. I'll explain the situation as best as I can.

I have dual nationality (UK & Australian) and I have been back in the UK since 2010. I met my partner (he's a UK citizen) in 2011 and we are hoping to apply for a partner visa for him in January 2015, so we've been trying to get all the documents together in advance.

We have lived together since December 2011 and I think we have all the evidence such as joint utility bills, wills, electoral roll, evidence of holidays together etc.

We will be able to get statements from my Mum and my partner's Mum and Brother and our friends - all in the UK.

The problem is getting the Statutory Declarations from 2 Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents. I recently asked two family members who are Australian Citizens living in Australia if they will do statutory declarations for us and they have said that they don't want to do it. I hadn't expected them to refuse and was very upset, but now we have to find a solution.

In the Partner Booklet it does say
"If you are outside Australia and are unable to get an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident to complete a statutory declaration in support of your relationship with your partner, you may obtain statements from people who know you and your sponsor"

Does that mean you can just get statements (not stat decs) from the Australian Citizens /PR's -
or
does it mean that you can get statements from anyone who knows us i.e. people who aren't Australian Citizens / PR's?

Does anyone know of a similar situation to this, or have any advice? I guess we probably aren't the only couple who have had this problem.

Is the Case Officer able to refuse the visa if we don't have the 2 statutory declarations?

Sorry if I've rambled on a bit, but I'm so worried that this could ruin our chances of getting the visa.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.:smile:

Does anyone know of a similar situation to this, or have any advice? I guess we probably aren't the only couple who have had this problem.

Is the Case Officer able to refuse the visa if we don't have the 2 statutory declarations?

Sorry if I've rambled on a bit, but I'm so worried that this could ruin our chances of getting the visa.

Hi Tedster

We took the
"If you are outside Australia and are unable to get an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident to complete a statutory declaration in support of your relationship with your partner, you may obtain statements from people who know you and your sponsor"
and also supplied statements from non-Aussie friends and family in the UK. We gave them the '888' form to fill in and some got it witnessed by a solicitor, some didn't, and they supplied copies of their passports with it. Even though it couldn't be used as a Stat Dec, it made for a good template to get the information across about us as a couple. Whilst we're still waiting for the visa to be granted, we haven't heard anything from our CO saying the forms weren't acceptable. Hope that helps.

Hi guys, I am in Oz now settling down to my new life in Queensland (entered Brisbane 25th July on PMV)! I had a quick question about the next visa application; Dave and I are planning to get married in October and applying for the next visa in November; however my UK PCC expires in September and I am unsure if I'll need another new one when applying for the changeover from PMV to partner visa. Also, do we need to send all the other documents once again or they are already there on my file with DIBP?

I know it feels like it is brand new, but it actually opened to applicants in Mid-December 2013, which means we're right at 8 months now for the first online applicants!

Wow already. I could have sworn it was only a few months since it began lol. Time flies.

Hi Everyone,

I have posted my question on a separate thread, but I've been advised to try adding it to this thread to get some advice.

This is my first post, but I've been reading other posts on this forum for a while and have found loads of helpful information so far, so thank you for that.

I was wondering if anyone can help with something that is really worrying me about applying for a Partner Visa 309. I'll explain the situation as best as I can.

I have dual nationality (UK & Australian) and I have been back in the UK since 2010. I met my partner (he's a UK citizen) in 2011 and we are hoping to apply for a partner visa for him in January 2015, so we've been trying to get all the documents together in advance.

We have lived together since December 2011 and I think we have all the evidence such as joint utility bills, wills, electoral roll, evidence of holidays together etc.

We will be able to get statements from my Mum and my partner's Mum and Brother and our friends - all in the UK.

The problem is getting the Statutory Declarations from 2 Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents. I recently asked two family members who are Australian Citizens living in Australia if they will do statutory declarations for us and they have said that they don't want to do it. I hadn't expected them to refuse and was very upset, but now we have to find a solution.

In the Partner Booklet it does say

Does that mean you can just get statements (not stat decs) from the Australian Citizens /PR's -
or
does it mean that you can get statements from anyone who knows us i.e. people who aren't Australian Citizens / PR's?

Thank you in advance.:smile:

Offshore applicants are not required to have two statements from Aussies PR or Citizens. (We didn't.) It's better if you do, but if you can't, you can't. It's not required. You ARE required to have at least two statements from people who know you are your partner from other countries if you can't do Aussie PR/Citizens.

Hi CollegeGirl,

That's great! It's really reassuring to know that you got your visa granted without having the 2 statements from Aussie PR/ Citizens. I was starting to panic, but now I can relax a bit.

Thank You :smile:

I've only submitted one statement - from a non-Aussie friend and got it witnessed by another friend (not solicitor but with a job equivalent to one of those on the list). This was a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything. I'm now wondering whether we should have done 2? We weren't actually advised that we had to provide any, it was on the list of options of evidence with a note saying not more than two (this was in the letter sent from the CO). It's all very confusing!

The checklist is unfortunately not very accurate. Take a look at the Partner Migration Booklet - this should be required reading for everyone applying, though I do wish they'd update it to include online application info as well.

On page 36 it says:

All Partner visa applicants must also provide the following:

statutory declarations from 2 people who are Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents and who support your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing (see page 27 for

information on statutory declarations);

Then, on page 29, it says:

If you are outside Australia and are unable to get an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident

to complete a statutory declaration in support of your relationship with your partner, you may obtain

statements from people who know you and your sponsor. Such statements are not statutory declarations

under Australian law. However, in accordance with policy, they should be witnessed or certified according

to the legal practices of the relevant country. Failing that, they should be witnessed by a person

whose occupation or qualification is comparable to a person included in the prescribed persons list on

pages 28–29. This person should sign, date and specify their occupation or qualification at the bottom of

the statement.

So as you can see - you're required to have two statements. If you're applying onshore, they have to be from Aussie PR or citizens, but if you're applying offshore they can be from anyone.

If I were you I'd get a second one done ASAP.

Edited by CollegeGirl

Hmm yes that's what I thought, but the CO letter was a little different:

Please provide at least 3-4 documents per year,

Documents that are often provided to substantiate a person’s claim that they are in a genuine

relationship include, but are not limited to:

 Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, wills)

 Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address

 Statutory declarations or statements from third party declarants – no more than 2

I provided lot's of financial stuff that I hope covers each quarter. Does everyone provide 2 declarations? We've been married 4 years and have 2 kids. But I do really need to get straight onto the permanent one so want to get it right!