SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi all,

This is my first time positing, Just wanted to share my good news.

I have been reading the forum for a while and has been a good source of information and also keeping me sane ;-)

I applied for my 309/100 visa and the 100 was granted today, 8 months 2 days since lodging my application.

I found the first month and the last three weeks the hardest, relieved now and booking my flights to Sydney tomorrow.

Congratulations to those who also who have also had good news and good luck to all of you still waiting .

Hey all,

So after years of talking about it, myself and my Aussie partner have lodged our application. We have been together 8 years, living in London - but now we are hoping to head back to country Melbourne - Mildura, to be close to his family.

Submitted full application online (apart from police checks and medical) 08-06-14 - paid same day - attached the full 60 documents allowed :) , including loan agreements and mortgage doc's....and now the wait starts.........

I read somewhere that the immigration visa year runs to the end of June - not sure if this will have any impact on the processing times.....So happy to have found this forum, hearing others good news makes the 8-9 month processing time just about bearable.....will keep all posted....good luck all.

Just an update guys and gals.....I got my pmv subclass 300 granted today after 7 months and 24 days....totally caught by surprise! When you see that email and the anticipation of opening the attachment had me shaking but so happy it's here.

Now its time for a beer in the sun, jack the job and plan the flight out of here!

Hope eveyone else who applied in October gets there's Asap and good luck to the rest of you :)

Congrats to all those receiving their Visa, makes this seemingly unending wait worthwhile.

Question for those who completed the online application, my application has been submitted and have now noticed that under the next steps it states no next steps so far but the link for organise your health exams is there and opens a medical questionnaire have other people been filling in these questions or waiting until done so by CO (I have not been allocated one yet).

Just wait until your have been allocated at CO, he/she will advise you when to do the medical/police checks.

Unfortunately its a long 8/9months a bit frustrating but my advise is just sit back and wait to be contacted. Dont stress by constantly logging in or checking emails.

I think the wait is 8-9 months as stated on the first contact with your CO. The Aus site does state 5 months for low risk fiance visas but I doubt that is a reality, I would imagine we are all in the same boat and playing the horrendous waiting game whilst missing our soul mates... dont you just hate politics? :-)

I haven't been on for a few days but how fantastic to come back and read about all the visa grants. HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you all :hug:

To answer @StevenLozza - the immi webiste gives you the general average timings, so for a low risk country the least time that it can be processed in is six months. The maximum it should be processed in is 12 months. BUT and it's a huge massive BUT, each consulate will have their own processing times due to staffing numbers, volume of applications etc, so all timings are only ever going to be a guideline.

Hey @Sandyp im sure the immi.gov.au have a period of "rest" basically at OZ financial year end were they dont process any visa grants for a monthish?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Ive seen a few on this thread that have been granted in July. I'm hoping it's just a rumour, as ours is due in August. Our caseworker has already had two holidays this year, can't see what else she'll be doing

Ive seen a few on this thread that have been granted in July. I'm hoping it's just a rumour, as ours is due in August. Our caseworker has already had two holidays this year, can't see what else she'll be doing

When I mentioned to my CO that I heard they had a close down end of June, he stated very plainly that they do not ever close down... I was firmly put in my place!

When I mentioned to my CO that I heard they had a close down end of June, he stated very plainly that they do not ever close down... I was firmly put in my place!

Hope you haven't been put at the back of the queue for your comment!