SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

hi

wow that's an amazing response from your CO , I haven't seen that before! What was that in response to? I'm asking because I'm on approx same timeline as you with same CO!

I was just getting back to her to say that the medicals were showing as completed on the E-Medical page, but still showing as requested. Hopefully she's right and it will get granted, although it does make me wonder why they make you wait all these months if everything has already been assessed!

Quite simply - quotas. Each embassy is given a certain allotment of visas they're allowed to hand out each fiscal year in each category. So they have yearly quotas, and then monthly quotas on top of that. When they have more applicants than spots in a given month, the applicants have to wait for approval.. and when there are way more applicants, they get pushed back for approval for quite a while.

How long do you have to wait before you can apply for citizenship when you have a PR 100?

You must have been living in Australia for four years, at least one as a permanent resident, before you can apply for citizenship. You can't have been outside of Australia for more than 12 months during those four years, and for no more than 3 months the year before you apply.

Hi Guys,

I been a watching the post and I thought I would add and update. I've been oh here a bit asking for advice, but finally I have submitted my application.

We use a visa agent, who I must say at the moment has been so helpful getting my application organized. I was already to go, but I was slightly unsure about my application so I enlisted him to go though my case, and he knew what he was doing. He removed about 3/4 of my relationship evidence which I was going to submit, not because it was rubbish but he just said I had to much. I was going to apply for the 309/100 visa, but as we have been married for over 3 years now he said don't worry just apply for the 100. So hopefully if anyone reads this then if you have been married for over 3 years then just apply for the visa 100.

Now I have the long wait for hopefully good news. The department of immigration has informed me that it will be 9 months till we hear a final decision. I was hoping that the waiting time would have gone down by now, but I don't think that will happen.

I do have a quick question which is. For all those that have done there medical was is difficult booking the medical? What do they actually do during the examination?

I am so relieved that my application is finally in, but not looking forward to the wait.

The application for the 309 and the 100 are the exact same application. There's no difference in the way you apply. Whether or not to grant the 100 is up to the CO, but they're supposed to grant it (per their own regulations) if a couple is married/de facto 3 years or longer, OR 2 years or longer and has a child together. It doesn't hurt to include a note in the application asking nicely to be considered to go straight to the 100 if you qualify, as COs are human, and once in a blue moon forget to push someone straight through to PR who qualifies.

Visa's been granted! Wow!! Just had the email from our CO. We're over the moon :D It looks like we've skipped the queue as we applied end of October. Good luck to those still waiting. Right, now to get the rest of loose ends tied up and get 'outta here!!

Visa's been granted! Wow!! Just had the email from our CO. We're over the moon :D It looks like we've skipped the queue as we applied end of October. Good luck to those still waiting. Right, now to get the rest of loose ends tied up and get 'outta here!!

AMAZING! Congratulations :)

Now that gives me hope ;) Our timelines are so similar that I'm now going all nervous...

AMAZING! Congratulations :)

Now that gives me hope ;) Our timelines are so similar that I'm now going all nervous...

Tell me about it, I was expecting yours to get approved first. We had KP as our case officer. Fingers crossed for you it comes in soon!!

Wow! Congrats! ! Now im getting excited and nervous! 16th October co is LG fingers crossed for this week!

This is fantastic! So much happy news at the moment!

When did you apply?

:)

application was received 30th september :) we had asked if we could be considered for the 100 as lived together 3 years.

last few weeks have dragged in but the more grants i read on here made me more excited lol cos knew it had to arrive soon!

It must be a good couple of days, my partners has come through today also!

Congratulations to everyone else who has had recent grants! And lots of luck to everyone expecting any day!

We are at around 9 1/2 months, BUT, as he is from a 'High Risk' country, he was originally quoted "at least 12 months" so we are pretty damn happy with this time frame!

We're going to book Ronnie's flight for next week!

Been a long time lurker so thought I'd give something back, especially to all those nervously waiting.

Just had my 309/100 visa approved....8 months to the day!

Here is my timeline... good luck to everyone!

309/100Visa submitted: 10/10/13 (payment taken 11/10/13)

Case Officer assigned (RN): 19/11/13

Police (check) Certificate received: 13/01/14

Medical examination: 20/02/14

Medical cleared: 03/03/14

Visa granted 11/06/14 (8 months 0 days!)

Current status: bubbles......!>>>!>>!>>!>!>

Enjoying some bubbles like a number of you :-) a lot going through at the same time it seems. I'm gonna book tickets for the end of this month or start of july. No need to wait no more ;-) going to sydney