SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We were asked for additional information in the same email/letter that we were advised who our CO was (so the generic one you get introducing your CO and giving all the standard information etc) so if it wasnt mentioned in your letter then so far so good and no additional information is needed (this may change after your police/medicals are sent through but for now you are good).

And always reply to your CO (using the email address that you received the letter from or it should be mentioned in the covering letter what her/his contact details are).

And unfortunately it is sooooo much just a waiting game between getting the intro letter, getting your medical/police checks done and then hearing anything - you can email your CO if you want but unfortunately they probably wont tell you much other than "we are working on it and it will be done when it is done" :P

Hi! I sent off my visa application the same day as you! 18th November 2013.....still waiting?

Hi! I sent off my visa application the same day as you! 18th November 2013.....still waiting?

Hiya - yeah still waiting unfortunately but expected it. My partner only had his medical early April and we are waiting on the police check to come back before submitting it so couldn't expect anything else. We decided to wait to do his medical and police check until after the date the CO requested cos figured with the 8-9 month wait why rush it. Hopefully it doesn't work against us as a couple people who lodged the same date as us had theirs done earlier but I guess time will tell. I just wish the time would HURRY UP :)

Where are you hoping to head to in Aust? We are going back to my home town of Adelaide :)

So happy for you Yak - congratulations! Lots to do now... Keep us updated with your goings on :)

Did you receive the grant by post or email?

Now where's mine damn it?! ;)

Yours can't be long now. I expected end of May was surprised when I got mine last week. Mine took 7 months and 19 days. CO KP. I didn't even email the CO to prompt either. It was a great surprise to celebrate before the easter hols.

Hey guys - just a wee update from me - Good news - arrived in Australia on the 24th April on a tourist visa and my CO sent the email saying my visa was ready to be granted the next day. My partner and I had planned to head to New Zealand anyway for a holiday to activate it so have brought our plans forward and will be heading in the next few days. It took less than 8 months too! My CO was VF. We applied mid sept - hope that means others after that will be soon to follow! Woohoo - job applications here i come! Rita

Hey All - after following this page the last month. I thought I should post, I applied for my Partner Visa whilst back home in London for a visit, 16/08/13 (I was still on my second working holiday visa) I have been with my boyfriend 2 years actually on Monday who is Australian. I was required to give more information 2 weeks later after submitting my application which I did and since then had no update. I noticed it's gone a bit quiet on the grants the last few weeks. Been checking my emails every morning for good news. I am back in Australia on a visitor visa at the moment so if I get granted then I will have to leave for a short while. Also this forum has got me through the last few months knowing that others are going through the same. It's such a long process but I know in the long run it will be worth it : ) Good luck everyone.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum...

My partner was living in Australia with me - he applied for work sponsored permanent residency in Oct 2013. Unfortunately, in February 2014, DIAC told us his employer was not eligible to sponsor due to not meeting training benchmarks. We were in total shock - he had already been sponsored on x2 457 visas by that employer - we didn't think it would be an issue. We had no choice but to withdraw that visa application, loosing the fee in the process. As he was put on a bridging visa when he applied for permanent residency - we couldn't apply for a partner visa onshore as a valid substantive visa is needed for that type of application. Bridging visas are not substantive visas. After 18 months of living together, he had no choice but to return to the UK on 1st April 2014 to apply for an offshore partner visa.

Devastated and guttered to be forced apart due to visa issues:cry: We talk everyday - but it's not the same & the time difference is a royal pain in the backside.

My partner applied for the offshore partner visa on 22nd April 2014 - with front-loaded medical & police checks (we already had these coz of the other application). Does anyone know if front-loading these checks will speed up the process? Is it true that they are only valid for a year? They were issued in Oct 2013. I'm wondering if we're going to have to get more as they may expire before the 9month processing time is up... If we go by current processing times, he won't get his visa until Jan 2015. Anyone out there have any opinions on the matter?

It's all so frustrating and very sad. I really miss my partner & having no family here is not making things any easier... I just feel like our life is on hold and I'm in limbo with months and months to go... Quite depressing!

Reading that other people are going through the same makes me feel less alone. Thanks for all the posts. :wink:

My partner was living in Australia with me - he applied for work sponsored permanent residency in Oct 2013. Unfortunately, in February 2014, DIAC told us his employer was not eligible to sponsor due to not meeting training benchmarks. We were in total shock - he had already been sponsored on x2 457 visas by that employer - we didn't think it would be an issue. We had no choice but to withdraw that visa application, loosing the fee in the process. As he was put on a bridging visa when he applied for permanent residency - we couldn't apply for a partner visa onshore as a valid substantive visa is needed for that type of application. Bridging visas are not substantive visas. After 18 months of living together, he had no choice but to return to the UK on 1st April 2014 to apply for an offshore partner visa.

Devastated and guttered to be forced apart due to visa issues:cry: We talk everyday - but it's not the same & the time difference is a royal pain in the backside.

My partner applied for the offshore partner visa on 22nd April 2014 - with front-loaded medical & police checks (we already had these coz of the other application). Does anyone know if front-loading these checks will speed up the process? Is it true that they are only valid for a year? They were issued in Oct 2013. I'm wondering if we're going to have to get more as they may expire before the 9month processing time is up... If we go by current processing times, he won't get his visa until Jan 2015. Anyone out there have any opinions on the matter?

It's all so frustrating and very sad. I really miss my partner & having no family here is not making things any easier... I just feel like our life is on hold and I'm in limbo with months and months to go... Quite depressing!

Reading that other people are going through the same makes me feel less alone. Thanks for all the posts. :wink:

Yes, medicals and police checks are only valid for a year. You may have been better off to just wait to provide them when asked by the CO at a later date. As it is, may be required to do them again. Front loading does nothing to help speed the process up. Your application is in a queue and it will stay there.

Current off shore applications are running at about 8-9 months from lodging to grant. Some people after their medial and police check etc head to Aus on a tourist visa to wait out the grant and then go off shore to enable them validate their partner visa when returning to Aus.

I know its not really of help but my hubby and I managed 2 years or so long distance with me in the UK and him in Aus. A couple of trips either way and lots of IM and emails (this was in the days before Skype and cheap internet calls). Its not great but it can be done. In the grand scheme of things, its not a long time if it means you can be together at the end.

ETA - How old is your partner? If under 31 and not used it already, perhaps explore the WHV?

Edited by Guest

Hello and Welcome to the Forum Jess.

To answer some of your questions. Yes the checks are valid only for one year, which is why they tell you to wait until such time as they request them (usually about 3 months in to the process) so that once the visa is granted, you will still have about 6 months or so left on them in which to enter Australia. If your partner's checks run out, then he will have to get new ones done.

Front loading the certificates will not speed up the process unfortunately, you will still have to wait it out. When Mr MtT applied, it was at least 8 to 9 months processing, I'm not sure if that is longer now.

It is horrible waiting it out but unfortunately that's all you can do xx

Some people have received their visas after 8 months, some slightly longer. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern from what I've seen so far (posted on here). When your CO gets in touch they will give you the current processing time - I think it's still 8-9 months. Keep positive!

Thanks for your replies guys.

Yeah- I thought front loading would not help much... It's just we already had the paperwork due to the other visa application that we withdrew- so we thought what the hell - lets just throw them in the application and see what happens?!

We'll just wait to hear from the CO - then get them done again when they formally request them.

My partner has already done x2 WHV and x2 457 visas for Australia - that's why he was trying to apply for permanent residency...

I guess it's just a waiting game for the partner visa to come through now. We're organising some holidays - he's coming to Australia in August and I'll go over to the UK in Dec.

I'll you posted on our progress over the next few months. Thanks for your kind words :wink:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say i saw an article in sydney morning herald titled - BLACKLIST OF IMMIGRATION LAWYERS. Needless to say its concerning me because im using an immigration agent. In article it states DIBP has a list of these agents for Case Officers to give extra scrutiny to with partner visas although most of the agents/lawyers concerned have never had any adverse findings made against them! Anyway if anyone is interestd google syidney morning herald and above article heading. In the meantime just waiting waiting like everyone else!! Cheers for now all.

Hi All,

New to the whole forum thing. I would love some advise.

Waiting for my partners Visa subclass 300, Is anyone in the same boat / time scale as me?

Lodged 16 September 2013, received confirmation of receipt 11 November 2013. Visa placed on hold end of November 2013 to February 2014 due to relationship breakdown - long distance will do that to you! Visa back up and running 21 February 2014 along with proof of constant contact and written statements and to why the relationship broke down and how we repaired it. Received confirmation from CO - visa will proceed and be processed within the 8- 9 month period. Requested passport along with a few questions on my partners criminal record and education details 6 March 2014, questioned water damage to the passport 8 April 2014 and posted everything back. Medicals checked 9 April 2014. CO advised our visa agent she pass now passed this on to senior case officer 14 April 2014 for final processing.

Does anyone know how long we are looking at once it has gone to the senior case officer?

Gahhhh this is torture!

Sam

Hi All,

New to the whole forum thing. I would love some advise.

Waiting for my partners Visa subclass 300, Is anyone in the same boat / time scale as me?

Lodged 16 September 2013, received confirmation of receipt 11 November 2013. Visa placed on hold end of November 2013 to February 2014 due to relationship breakdown - long distance will do that to you! Visa back up and running 21 February 2014 along with proof of constant contact and written statements and to why the relationship broke down and how we repaired it. Received confirmation from CO - visa will proceed and be processed within the 8- 9 month period. Requested passport along with a few questions on my partners criminal record and education details 6 March 2014, questioned water damage to the passport 8 April 2014 and posted everything back. Medicals checked 9 April 2014. CO advised our visa agent she pass now passed this on to senior case officer 14 April 2014 for final processing.

Does anyone know how long we are looking at once it has gone to the senior case officer?

Gahhhh this is torture!

Sam

Hello and welcome :)

Not sure if your visa being placed on hold will mean it will process at the usual 8-9 months or not. It may be they take that break as a pause in the application so its going to take the 8-9 months as usual plus the time you were broken up. Never heard of a case like it tbh so not a clue. Go with the longer timeframe and if it comes through in the 8-9 months from your application actually lodged then its a bonus?

I hope not... I thought I'd get it last week, but it doesn't seem to flow in much of a pattern... Will try not to activate this thread again until it's good news. *sits on hands*...

Saw you had posted and thought it was good news. Can't be long now surely.

Hello all, I lodged my spouse visa on 20th February. We were asked to provide different document, however the 888 form wasn't mentioned in the email. Online it says "recommended", I Would like to know if you provided the 888 or not (if you weren't asked either but online said recommended). Thanks

I am waiting impatiently for mine! Where is it?! *taps foot*

Hey - same I applied on 16/08/13 and hoping any day now - I put it down to the recent Bank holiday weekend. Fingers Crossed we all get some good news soon.

Hello all, I lodged my spouse visa on 20th February. We were asked to provide different document, however the 888 form wasn't mentioned in the email. Online it says "recommended", I Would like to know if you provided the 888 or not (if you weren't asked either but online said recommended). Thanks

Hey Grabi - Yes this is very much recommended, not sure why it wasn't on the form - we ended up having 6 stat decs '888' as they asked for stat decs from my family after we submitted the application. Good luck