SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi seg2014,

Our application was received on 22nd Jan 2014, we were assigned a CO about a week ago now with dates to do medical and character checks and in the same email there was a request for further evidence of a long term relationship as our CO wants to assess us for a permanent visa straight away rather than the temporary :-)

AussieJo,

Quick question - sorry for the personal question, how long have you been with your partner?

Regarding you message from the caseworker asking for further evidence. I received a message back from my CO months ago stating that we met the relationship criteria, not sure if that was for the 100 or the Temp 309. I guess, I should have asked back then for what visa they had assessed us against.

But at that point we'd been together for 3 and a bit years, living together for 2.5 of those and Married 6 months ago, so altogether 4 years in May.

Would be nice it was a 100 they approved us for, but wont find out until I hear about the Grant which should be any time now.

Hi themod53,

We have been together for nearly 5 years but have lived at the same address for nearly 6 as my partner was a housemate before we got together! Our CO just mentioned in his introductory email that the reason he was requesting further info was to enable him to assess us for the 100. I think on a previous post by someone else I had read that they can automatically assess for the 100 if you have lived together for three and a half years (?).

Fingers crossed you get the 100!

Hi AussieJo,

thanks going by what I've just received in the mail box, have some good news at 17:32 today I got through a subclass 100 grant!

Seriously happy, flights to be booked and planning to be done.

Just make sure you add all you can and supply the case office with a link to your Facebook account.

Hi AussieJo,

thanks going by what I've just received in the mail box, have some good news at 17:32 today I got through a subclass 100 grant!

Just make sure you add all you can and supply the case office with a link to your Facebook account.

Congrats! What state are you moving to? I cant wait to get back to the wild west!! How long was your wait?

Hi AussieJo,

Whoop whoop!! Congratulations! Good luck to you.......... I must be next week lol

Thanks again,

Hi Lozza - 8 months and 12 days from the start of the application process to this evenings grant letter. Which is looking like the standard time period according to all the other recent grants.

Looking at at a move to NSW - Sydney as that is where the wife is originally from and where the rest of the family live.

Shellysmax - pretty sure you'll get yours next week. Fingers crossed

Thanks again,

Hi Lozza - 8 months and 12 days from the start of the application process to this evenings grant letter. Which is looking like the standard time period according to all the other recent grants.

Looking at at a move to NSW - Sydney as that is where the wife is originally from and where the rest of the family live.

Shellysmax - pretty sure you'll get yours next week. Fingers crossed

How fantastic youll love getting some sun !!

Hi AussieJo,

Excellent news! Didnt think to give them a link to our Facebook accounts - good idea! Might email him back - though we have also just sent some other stuff requested by post.

Planning time starts now - probably the more stressful bit!

Just thought I would update to say my husband flew out on Wednesday and is now a fully fledged Aussie resident! I'm so pleased. He has left me here in London, and is doing a reccie for 10 days. He spent today with my Mum going to lots of different Northern Sydney suburbs and loved some of the (expensive!!) houses he saw on open days. It's great in Sydney that you can just drop into a selection of houses which are open that day.

He is a journalist and actually has a small freelance job tomorrow, so may pick up a few contacts.

Very jealous of him seeing all our friends and family, but we will both be over there at the end of the year. Can't wait.

AussieJo,

We used Facebook as it gives a definitive audit trail of your relationship history, Holidays, important dates and something you can't really manipulate. We supplied all the other required information and supporting documentation, but when thinking back Facebook would have given the Case Officer a real insight to our relationship and our history together from day 1.

Yes - lots of planning to do now. thank goodness I'm a project manager, lots to plan and budget for! Honestly when hitting to 7 / 8 month and your awaiting for a decision that was the most stressful part (I must have checked my email 30 times a day at least). Planning is easy after that :wink:

Good luck with your application :biggrin:

Hi all, not been on here in a while as life was quite busy the last few months, what with getting married and my folks being out for a visit.

The OH has just completed his medical last week, and we are expecting his police check back in the mail any day now. We bought flights this weekend too, all booked to leave on the 17th of July. My Ancestry Visa runs out on the 19th of July, so we made the decision to just book it. The 9 month mark on our application is the 21st of July, so we are hoping that the 8 month processing times are still in place around then.

Can an someone enlighten me? Is the visa electronic, or does the OH have to send his passport away to be stamped? I ask, as I had to get a sticker put in mine to come here, and had to send my passport to the consulate.

Hi to anybody that can help me, my girlfriend has just logged on to her immi account and noticed a link to organize her health examination in the next steps box, does this me we book the medical now as it has aloud us to print off the emedical referral letter or do we wait for the CO to inform us but we are not quite sure we have been allocated a CO ye,t it is all getting a bit confusing and when I applied for my PR visa I used a migration agent who told me when I needed to send info and organize things and the medicals were the last things to have done

(Sorry If I sound a bit thick)

Gary & Jenny

Hi to anybody that can help me, my girlfriend has just logged on to her immi account and noticed a link to organize her health examination in the next steps box, does this me we book the medical now as it has aloud us to print off the emedical referral letter or do we wait for the CO to inform us but we are not quite sure we have been allocated a CO ye,t it is all getting a bit confusing and when I applied for my PR visa I used a migration agent who told me when I needed to send info and organize things and the medicals were the last things to have done

Gary & Jenny

We didn't apply online, so didn't get this option. However once we were assigned a CO, he emailed and included a timeline for medicals and police checks. I would wait for your CO to advise.

Gary & Jenny

The online application is a new thing so not many people will have done it or know how it works at the moment.

If you've not be assigned a CO it might be worth waiting a few weeks till you are assigned one. You can only book medicals up to a month ahead iirc and they are only valid for a year. Given wait times for partner visa are around the 9 month mark now, getting them done early on would leave far less time at the end to activate. Generally the posted applications, the CO requests medicals and police checks around the 3 month mark.

Gary & Jenny

Hi Gary & Jenny,

We applied online and this option was visible to us straightaway. I could click on the link and print off the details, thats all you can really do at this stage.

I reckon Its worth waiting on your CO as they will give you details of when to sort this out.

We applied mid January and have been asked to proved medicals/police checks after mid March

good luck

Hi all, not been on here in a while as life was quite busy the last few months, what with getting married and my folks being out for a visit.

The OH has just completed his medical last week, and we are expecting his police check back in the mail any day now. We bought flights this weekend too, all booked to leave on the 17th of July. My Ancestry Visa runs out on the 19th of July, so we made the decision to just book it. The 9 month mark on our application is the 21st of July, so we are hoping that the 8 month processing times are still in place around then.

Can an someone enlighten me? Is the visa electronic, or does the OH have to send his passport away to be stamped? I ask, as I had to get a sticker put in mine to come here, and had to send my passport to the consulate.

Visa is electronic these days. Print off the full visa grant letter to carry with you if you want.

Ensure you have a valid tourist visa granted well ahead of flying if you've already booked flights (if you've not gotten it already). Also inform your CO of you plans and so on.

sorry i havent been back on here in a while, since i got my grant iv been busy sorting flights and my life arghh haha

im off to Perth on the 17th. just wanted to say a massive thank you to all of you on here, you made the wait bearable and helped with all my silly questions.

if anyone heads over to Perth and fancies meeting for a drink, BBQ etc then give me a shout

Good luck to everyone else waiting :D

It's a super feeling knowing we could now just leave at any time, though it's looking like we'll be moving around the 24th of August, currently on a work contract that finishes on the 30th July - need to pack a lot into that last month before we leave.

Wow you haven't got long to go then! first week of April will be here in a flash, let the excitement begin! The missus is seriously happy it's all sorted now.