SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thanks

I'm just putting a email together for her now. Will update with news as & when...

I have LG too. Always found her to be really helpful. get your email in quick though....I called her about a week ago and she said that she was taking her annual leave soon!

x

does anyone have experience of applying for an e visitor in lieu of their spouse visa being granted? I'm leaving on Monday and SV told me that I could enter on a tourist visa as my 100 isn't due to be granted until Sept. I applied for an e visitor today, and it could tak eup to 10 days!!! eeeeek. Just wondeirn gif anyone had done the same thing and how long it took for their e visitor to come through.

thanks!!

Hey I applied for an evsitor just the other day at about 1am when I woke up and checked at 9am it had been granted. So I doubt you'll have a problem! Good Luck.

Guest GeorgeD
does anyone have experience of applying for an e visitor in lieu of their spouse visa being granted? I'm leaving on Monday and SV told me that I could enter on a tourist visa as my 100 isn't due to be granted until Sept. I applied for an e visitor today, and it could tak eup to 10 days!!! eeeeek. Just wondeirn gif anyone had done the same thing and how long it took for their e visitor to come through.

thanks!!

I did this in 2010...took about 8 hours to come through from memory. I was waiting on my 309 and went to Oz for 10 weeks during the wait. My Dad applied for his last year and it took 10 days, although he was 75 with his first passport for 40 years, so he wondered if that was the problem. A few weeks ago he applied for another one and it took just over a day. Just your luck, like many DIAC things, there's no reasoning to it!

Guest nimhug
Hello I just realised I have the same case officer as you!! Do you have his email address as I applied around the same time as you and would like my visa granted too!!!! I just don't have a contact for him!

Sam, sorry for delay in getting back to you...was having over my work as im finishing today, yipee! Sent you a PM with his email & phone number! Good luck, when did you apply?

Guest nimhug

thanks!!

I too applied in 2010 and got it overnight. Let us know how it goes? G'luck!

Guest Samantha22
Sam, sorry for delay in getting back to you...was having over my work as im finishing today, yipee! Sent you a PM with his email & phone number! Good luck, when did you apply?

Hey that's ok I got your pm :) I applied February 22 so am hoping I hear soon I have flights booked for July 26 so less then 2 weeks now! But I'm off to Thailand first for 3 weeks so as long as I get it before then I'll be happy :)

Gutted, just email CO (LG) to see if she could give me any indication of when my visa will be finalised, as she had previously said July. She has now said end of Aug! That will be 6 months, gutted, gutted, gutted!

That's a bit of a change - any reason given? People seem to have hit 5 months nearly bang on recently. Though it has varied between CO's strangely.

I just replied to her to see if she could give any reason why and explained that we were anxious to get the visa before booking flights etc and that we wanted to leave end Sep. She replied to say we can go ahead and book flights, if I give her the dates, she will make sure my visa is granted on time.

So kind of a good response, at least we know it will be approved, but still going to take a lot longer than expected, especially as everyone seems to be on track for 5 months at the mo, however, someone on here did mention that LG was off on annual leave soon, so maybe that pushes her case load back by a couple of weeks?

Still it makes me feel sketchy as we wanted to have the visa before ending contracts and booking flights, but I guess we will just have to bite the bullet and take the risk!

I just replied to her to see if she could give any reason why and explained that we were anxious to get the visa before booking flights etc and that we wanted to leave end Sep. She replied to say we can go ahead and book flights, if I give her the dates, she will make sure my visa is granted on time.

So kind of a good response, at least we know it will be approved, but still going to take a lot longer than expected, especially as everyone seems to be on track for 5 months at the mo, however, someone on here did mention that LG was off on annual leave soon, so maybe that pushes her case load back by a couple of weeks?

Still it makes me feel sketchy as we wanted to have the visa before ending contracts and booking flights, but I guess we will just have to bite the bullet and take the risk!

Hi,

In exactly the same situation as you! I booked my flights after talking to LG. She told me that she was going on annual leave soon, so I got in there quickly! Bite the bullet!

x

Really interested to read your posts. I emailed LG yesteday & received a reply this morning.

My application went in at the end of march and I was initially told to expect completion end of August/September. LG told me in her email today to expect completion at the end of September. After reading the recent posts on this thread, I'm now wondering whether to call her with prospective flight dates for the beginning of October...

Hi all,

have been reading this post with interest for months now, and finally have something to contribute myself! Yay!

I am the Aussie, hubby is the Pom. We submitted his spouse visa app 09/05/12, and CO emailed back within three days, requesting med and police check. Medical booked for hubby tomorrow in Birmingham (£290 - what a rip off!!! Didn't expect that one!) police forms posted this week. Case officer is MC, have had a quick scan through and couldn't see anyone else with this CO. Excess docs have been sent back to us this week, just not had time to get themfrompost office, so unsure what's come back yet.

Will keep you informed as we progress. I get so nervous even typing about it, but I know we have a long road ahead, so trying to keep a lid on excitement.

As for bank statements, I put in the last three months, hubby could only print off the last two. CO not asked for any more in terms of documents. Hope this helps.

K

I have MC ..She always replies to any Questions Iv asked almost straight away ....Told me I will be finalised Mid Aug .... fingers x

Guest ciaram
Welcome Ciara! And good luck - not long now and it looks like it was worth transferring to London! What part of Australia are you heading to?

Hello nimhug, thanks for the welcome. My partners from Perth so we're headed there first and may stay for a year or so depending on job situation, but the ultimate plan is to move to Melbourne.. How about yourself? When you due over & where ye headed?

I have MC ..She always replies to any Questions Iv asked almost straight away ....Told me I will be finalised Mid Aug .... fingers x

I've got MC too and she told me mid-August also, really hope that doesn't change, don't think I can cope with an extra month of waiting

I've got MC too and she told me mid-August also, really hope that doesn't change, don't think I can cope with an extra month of waiting

OMG Cant evan think about it being longer ....im struggling badly as it is ...havnt seen my fiance since Oct ... I came back early for my brothers wedding , not Knowing how long the visa would take, first to get together ...then 5-6 month wait to be allowed back in ...isnt hindsight a wonderful thing ????:no:

OMG Cant evan think about it being longer ....im struggling badly as it is ...havnt seen my fiance since Oct ... I came back early for my brothers wedding , not Knowing how long the visa would take, first to get together ...then 5-6 month wait to be allowed back in ...isnt hindsight a wonderful thing ????:no:

That's a long time, I feel for you, no wonder you want to get back. I'm quite lucky as my husband lives over here with me but after nearly a year and a half in England he's ready to head back to Australia too and I'm in need of some sunshine, not loving the "summer" weather this year :laugh:

I have LG too. Always found her to be really helpful. get your email in quick though....I called her about a week ago and she said that she was taking her annual leave soon!

x

Hi, LG is my CO too, when you say annual leave how long do you mean? Also how will this afect us applicants, ours isn't due to be granted until Nov/Dec roughly but could the annual leave delay this? Thanks. It's great to see so many people with the same CO as me, will be great to catch up :D

Hi, LG is my CO too, when you say annual leave how long do you mean? Also how will this afect us applicants, ours isn't due to be granted until Nov/Dec roughly but could the annual leave delay this? Thanks. It's great to see so many people with the same CO as me, will be great to catch up :D

Hi, she didn't say, but i'm guessing if it's the standard 2 weeks then it shouldn't affect you. Looking at other posts it would appear that times are creeping back slightly anyway.

keep in touch :biggrin:

Does anybody have SV for their CO ?? I have sent a couple of e-mails with updates (police checks posted, meds done etc) and have asked for advice on one or two small matters but all i get is a reply saying thank you for the updates. Im not sure if all CO are like this but ive not found SV very approachable/helpful, quite robotic really or is it me.. am i being too sensitive?

Guest guest72634
Does anybody have SV for their CO ?? I have sent a couple of e-mails with updates (police checks posted, meds done etc) and have asked for advice on one or two small matters but all i get is a reply saying thank you for the updates. Im not sure if all CO are like this but ive not found SV very approachable/helpful, quite robotic really or is it me.. am i being too sensitive?

I have VF and she has been great so far. Very helpful. Always answers emails quickly and my fiancé has had to phone her twice and he says she is very nice on the phone. Helps as much as she can but never gives too much away. Perhaps SV is away and you are getting an automated response!

Woohoo!!!

Application sent 7th Feb

Co assigned 16th Feb

Medical done 23rd Feb

Granted 16th July

Five months from when the Co was assigned to the Day! So happy! I'd go tomorrow, but alas we have to wait until October!

We had SV, good luck to everyone else!

Guest wardie77
Woohoo!!!

Application sent 7th Feb

Co assigned 16th Feb

Medical done 23rd Feb

Granted 16th July

Five months from when the Co was assigned to the Day! So happy! I'd go tomorrow, but alas we have to wait until October!

We had SV, good luck to everyone else!

Well done!!!!! That is great news! So happy for you! Enjoy your evening!!!

Guest Chantel

With the partner visa application, we have got loads of support letters/statements about our relationship from family and friends, but do they HAVE to be certified by a solicitor?

Also...

How do we pay by debit card? the form says credit cards only for postal applications?